FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Hey everyone, quick question. If i order on my US PS4 account is it necessary to go through amazon to pay for it or can i just pay through psn?

You can pay on the U.S. PSN account if you have a credit card with a U.S. billing address or a PAYPAL account with a credit card or checking account that has a U.S. billing address attached to it.

You need to buy PSN credit from Amazon or Play Asia etc.

I like the idea of buying through a US PSN account but in terms of buying the PSN credit, I'm a bit perplexed - I've never even bought UK PSN credits, let alone foreign. I have only a UK credit card (no paypal, etc). I take it I have to buy US credit to be able to purchase items from the US PSN Store?

So would buying something like this do the job (assuming I bought $60usd worth)?

And can I buy that using my UK credit card (which has a UK billing address), but perhaps expect to be charged by my credit card bank for an overseas transaction?

I like the idea of buying through a US PSN account but in terms of buying the PSN credit, I'm a bit perplexed - I've never even bought UK PSN credits, let alone foreign. I have only a UK credit card (no paypal, etc). I take it I have to buy US credit to be able to purchase items from the US PSN Store?

So would buying something like this do the job (assuming I bought $60usd worth)?

And can I buy that using my UK credit card (which has a UK billing address), but perhaps expect to be charged by my credit card bank for an overseas transaction?
This is the tutorial i have been following, should help a lot.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2176331/ps4_how_to_buy_us_digital_psn_games.html

When you get to checkout on amazon you just need to make sure you use a US delivery address. If i have read right its fine for you to pay with a UK credit card on the US amazon you will probably just get a small charge for overseas payment and then just use a US delivery address on checkout.

This is from the 75 dollar psn gift card page.

"Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Why bother giving the chap potentially misleading information.

:OOOH:

Generally that's what people do to buy from the US store but hey, my fault for trying to help someone.

Anyway. I use my Halifax Visa debit that's registered with Amazon UK. But I also have a billing address of some place in Oregon. So when I buy from Amazon US, I just switch my billing address. Usually a couple of mins later and I have the PSN code. Sign into my US account, redeem the code and the money is in my US PSN account. Then buy the game, and done.

It's the billing address that matters though, not the delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
:OOOH:

Generally that's what people do to buy from the US store but hey, my fault for trying to help someone.

Anyway. I use my Halifax Visa debit that's registered with Amazon UK. But I also have a billing address of some place in Oregon. So when I buy from Amazon US, I just switch my billing address. Usually a couple of mins later and I have the PSN code. Sign into my US account, redeem the code and the money is in my US PSN account. Then buy the game, and done.

For sure, you can do that. But if he has a credit card with a US billing address he can use that on the US PSN instead of having to go through Amazon. Either way, he should be well aware of how he can get the game now.:))

What's a VPN?

Virtual private network

Using something like flyvpn, like I am using the free trail option

Allowed me to trick origin into thinking I was from Mexico so got FIFA cheaper and preloaded early.

Then today set VPN to Korea which means it's released there so origin let's you play

Pre-ordered today digitally with the 10 percent discount with early access...it matches what it will cost me at retail either from a online retailer or shop.The good old tesco and Asda deals aren't around like they were on the older formats and new consoles are just a excuse for retailers to bend us over and do us up the tail pipe...gone are the 35 quid prices pre economy collapse and lower vat...game pricing got sensible for a few years.

I'd go down the buying via Amazon usa route but I can't be bothered with any complications and footie games always offer enough bang for your buck compared to a lot of modern games that are generally disposable within a few weeks...I don't mind waiting till the early hours of Friday morning and I've got a hour on early acess left and the pes demo to tie me over till Friday.

As for defending I've always liked it in Fifa since they went 360 and never really had a issue with it..if anything it's always reminded me of the iss days on the n64...for me if my defender is static and the ball carrier has momentum it should be easier for them to turn me..I don't use the jockey button much and find the analog stick and a little bit of dash used sensitively allows me to track,go to to toe or nicely time a tackle when I want..just a case of being really gentle with the stick and matching the steps of the ball carrier..this is something I've liked in Fifa for a few years but maybe I'm just very good at games..I play on the higher levels,I go manual and I do all my pressing with stick and dash control,I've never been a auto tackler.

I've also quite like acess,never been a massive ea fan but battlefield for free for a month has been worth the 3.99 and I've even had a chance to sample madden 14 something I haven't played since the mega drive days.

Last edited:
I hope the full game isn't too different from the demo. Really enjoying it at the moment.
Couple of things though. Wasn't it advertised that when you hit the bar that the goal frame moved a bit? (not a biggy, just haven't noticed it)
Also, what happened to multiple players jumping together at cross balls? It seems to have reverted back to 2 players contesting crosses

The deals are there though if your a PC gamer and your certainly going to get the optimum Fifa experience if your running a modern graphics card..I just use my PC mainly for music production and work and with kids and commitments don't have the time playing around with drivers and tweaking for the best experience on my rig...I just like the plug and play experience of a console now although I do envy the visual splender a PC affords...Fifa this year certainly warrants it.

Last edited:
I hope the full game isn't too different from the demo. Really enjoying it at the moment.
Couple of things though. Wasn't it advertised that when you hit the bar that the goal frame moved a bit? (not a biggy, just haven't noticed it)
Also, what happened to multiple players jumping together at cross balls? It seems to have reverted back to 2 players contesting crosses

The goal raises from the floor bro if you clatter it hard enough..haven't payed to much attention to how many players contest crosses though..certainly noticed a few go up...I don't imagine you have more then two players ever been that bunched together..would seem like overkill if the whole back line went up at once.

Wouldn't say the final game is massively different,just more polish and I noticed improvements in attacking variation,ai and error..subjective though and some folks feel different.

Last edited:
The deals are there though if your a PC gamer and your certainly going to get the optimum Fifa experience if your running a modern graphics card..I just use my PC mainly for music production and work and with kids and commitments don't have the time playing around with drivers and tweaking for the best experience on my rig...I just like the plug and play experience of a console now although I do envy the visual splender a PC affords...Fifa this year certainly warrants it.

If your PC is half decent then you're missing out by not using it to play FIFA. It looks great and you get the potential for modding.

Messing about with drivers is largely a thing of the past and FIFA has very few graphical options to play with, so it's not far off 'plug-and-play'.

Just gone through the checkout on Amazon and it says it's going to take up to 2 hours to process, did anyone else have this? A bit confused because my card is UK but i had to put a US address for the billing address, surely banks would decline this transaction?

Just gone through the checkout on Amazon and it says it's going to take up to 2 hours to process, did anyone else have this? A bit confused because my card is UK but i had to put a US address for the billing address, surely banks would decline this transaction?

Usually that's no problem. I, too, have been using this method for years using my (german) Mastercard with a fake US address and it's never lead to any problems with my bank whatsoever. Dunno why it's taking two hours for you to get through processing, though.

Last edited:
If your PC is half decent then you're missing out by not using it to play FIFA. It looks great and you get the potential for modding.

Messing about with drivers is largely a thing of the past and FIFA has very few graphical options to play with, so it's not far off 'plug-and-play'.

Cheers for the heads up,been a while since I gamed on the PC and I will certainly give it a whirl.

i had the same issue on amazon while checking out, instead of confirming the purchase it was just looping on a loading screen. after maybe five minutes, it put me through to the same point that you got to. oddly enough i got the code about two minutes later, i was a little worried it was going to be declined because of the address issue though.

i had the same issue on amazon while checking out, instead of confirming the purchase it was just looping on a loading screen. after maybe five minutes, it put me through to the same point that you got to. oddly enough i got the code about two minutes later, i was a little worried it was going to be declined because of the address issue though.

This has me feeling a little more confident haha but it's been about 20 minutes for me so far.

Last edited:
So i got an email and my account is on hold till i fax proof of the card and the address. What the hell, why always me lol. Could someone walk me through exactly what they did when using amazon?

So i got an email and my account is on hold till i fax proof of the card and the address. What the hell, why always me lol. Could someone walk me through exactly what they did when using amazon?

Are you Suuuuuuuuuupertalk new nick? Because bad things always happened with Suuuuuuuuuuuuupertalk. We miss the guy stories...

weird that its asking for proof, amazon didn't have any issues with me putting oregon zoo as my address. i used my debit card so i'm not sure if that makes any difference

I used a Co-op Smile credit card that could be why, maybe i should contact the bank and ask them to allow the transaction.

What bank are you with?

Back
Top Bottom