FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Started FUT last night, had the choice of Ronaldo for 2 games, or Ross McCormack for 14 games. should have gone the latter.

Ronaldo was AWFUL. Easily the worst player on the pitch, christ knows why? I had really low chemistry, so that was probably it, but absolute waste of the point of the loan players.

Should defo have got McCormack and tried to score some goals.

Still, signed Kerzakhov when Ronnie left and he's decent (for 400 coins) and scored 2 on his debut, so I'll take that.

Got 2 decent players in my starter team, Sergi Roberto (not sure if he is still at Barca? But he's good) and a forward Ibrahima Balde who is a beast! But its gonna be a slog for a while...

I have the game for XBOne and PS4. On PS4 there was a patch 1.01 and I find the game much much slower on PS4 than on Microsoft's console. Anyone have the same experiences please?

It's real man..Everbody is saying that the game is slower than the demo, but Xbox One version is much faster than the demo..I hope EA patch the game, it feels exactly like Fifa 14 now :MAD:

More manual co op players would be great but if you want to stop the perfect passes to Messi and Ronaldo, stop going 5 star teams yourself. I don't get why people moan about coming up against these players when they are happy to go a top team themselves. I played 4 games on a trot last night v Real Madrid but have now gone back to doing what I did in previous versions of the game and play with lesser star teams.

That was our first thought as well, but the last time we played we searched for 4 star team and lower matches for a good 10-15 minutes and couldn't find a single match. And this was with no filters. Good luck trying to find a manual match. Hence the moaning. I imagine that will change once more people have the game.

You know what would be great? I've been begging EA/Konami for years for an online co-op career mode.

Last edited:
That was our first thought as well, but the last we played we searched for 4 star team and lower matches for a good 10-15 minutes and couldn't find a single match. And this was with no filters. Good luck trying to find a manual match. Hence the moaning. I imagine that will change once more people have the game.

You know what would be great? I've been begging EA/Konami for years for an online co-op career mode.

I saw the prick comment ya cheeky sod ;)

Me and my friends are waiting for co-op vs CPU AI modes as well. That would be really fun. I'm not interested on playing vs any kind of groups of people online, did that years ago and felt boring and unrealistic. Plus, playing co-op it doesn't matter if your friends have big difference in gaming skills, its always fun.

Hi all, can anyone gift me a financial takeover in preperation for my career? Pretty please:FISH:

Is anyone else finding shooting on manual crazy difficult? Or too sensitive? Even in the arena, if shoot with Messi and hold any real angle, it goes wide. Under no pressure, with shot error at 35.

I pretty much can't score at the moment because of this.

Is anyone else finding shooting on manual crazy difficult? Or too sensitive? Even in the arena, if shoot with Messi and hold any real angle, it goes wide. Under no pressure, with shot error at 35.

I pretty much can't score at the moment because of this.
I've just played two games with manual shooting and scored two brilliant goals. Feels great to me.

I've just played two games with manual shooting and scored two brilliant goals. Feels great to me.

Any tips? I can't seem to sort aiming, if I try to play it to either side of the keeper it flies miles out of bounds. And if I don't aim, it hits hte keeper dead on.

Worth picking up a ps4 for this?? Im a pes 6 man who wants to leave the past behind

No

Played this a few minutes ago world class difficulty list 7-3 to Napoli who had 32 shots on target.

Next game 4-4 against Dortmund. I must he living on a parallel universe if this can even be considered the best football game.

Is there an art to defending?! If there is it must be incredible hard because your defenders are like they on rollerskates.

PES has its little problems but this game is a bit buggered imo.

Looks like another year of absolutely terrible defensive AI, made even worse this year because dribbling is so overpowered.

Here's several videos showing how bad it is. This is me (Dortmund) against the CPU (Spurs) on LEGENDARY difficulty.

Watch how easy this counter-attack is. Also note how the Spurs CB makes NO challenge at all in the box before I shoot. And then of course I miss because EA have added so much shot error this year (which they've had to do because of the tons of easy chances being created).

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Easy breakaway with missed chance

Then there's this next one. Look at the space afforded me. This is on Legendary and yet the Spurs players make little effort to close me down. Then see how crazy easy the 1-2 pass is because TWO Spurs defenders just watch me zip by them. And then of course another wild miss with a top player not under pressure.

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Poor defensive AI

This one might be the worst. First look at the ACRES of space available to me in the middle of the pitch after the clearance. Then watch Kagawa - who let me say is Messi-like in this game - setup for an easy 1-2. Note that there are 5 - FIVE! - Spurs defenders in the vicinity and this simple play rips them apart. So simple, no skill involved on my part.

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Poor defensive AI 3

The AI in this game is so shockingly poor I am in absolute disbelief it was released in this state. It was really bad last year, but with the attacking side of the game getting even better, the game is even more open than ever.

I'm utterly shocked and disappointed - I take no real pleasure in such a simple, mindless depiction of football, where the spectacular is made routine, even if it's pretty to look at.

Last edited:
This game it really amazing and defending is an art.This is my 2nd day with it.At first I was defending like I was in 14.Babysitting my teammates like I did in 14 which resulted in big losses against the AI(which is way harder and more intelligent than last year).I lost 7-3 ,5-1.

Then I started watching how my teammates behave ,move and mark the opposition.I said to myself I should trust them more.I decided to put myself in place of the player I'm controlling and respond as if I'm the player.If he pass and move ,I track him while watching my cover teammate approaching the other opponent's player.That's how I stopped losing my team's shape.I'm using manual switching.

I find the AI to be more helpful ,useful this year.On the pitch I feel there's 22 footballer playing the game not just stupid robots standing there waiting for me to control them.

Things started to get better.Got a couple of wins.I love that match day live feature or mode.I switch to the team I want then play their next match in no time.I had a great match Atl.Madrid (me) vs Sev. with Arda Turan scoring the winning goal (2-1)before the refee ended the game.The crowd went crazy at Calderon.

Of course the game needs tweaking esp too deep defensive line,too many spaces btw def & midfield and the width line.I've been tweaking them plus AI run freq. to get a more compacted higher defensive lines with more patient CPU AI.Even with high def. line the whole team act as a unit and retreat slowly if they didn't get the ball soon(better than 14). I'm getting there,testing those in different leagues and see how they affect the game.So far so good ,those changes plus the more active AI resulting in some good matches where midfield battles are better than default.

As a conclusion this game is so deep,varied,more tactical and random than any fifa before.Feel the game lads. ;)

Looks like another year of absolutely terrible defensive AI, made even worse this year because dribbling is so overpowered.

Here's several videos showing how bad it is. This is me (Dortmund) against the CPU (Spurs) on LEGENDARY difficulty.

Watch how easy this counter-attack is. Also note how the Spurs CB makes NO challenge at all in the box before I shoot. And then of course I miss because EA have added so much shot error this year (which they've had to do because of the tons of easy chances being created).

Then there's this next one. Look at the space afforded me. This is on Legendary and yet the Spurs players make little effort to close me down. Then see how crazy easy the 1-2 pass is because TWO Spurs defenders just watch me zip by them. And then of course another wild miss with a top player not under pressure.

This one might be the worst. First look at the ACRES of space available to me in the middle of the pitch after the clearance. Then watch Kagawa - who let me say is Messi-like in this game - setup for an easy 1-2. Note that there are 5 - FIVE! - Spurs defenders in the vicinity and this simple play rips them apart. So simple, no skill involved on my part.

The AI in this game is so shockingly poor I am in absolute disbelief it was released in this state. It was really bad last year, but with the attacking side of the game getting even better, the game is even more open than ever.

I'm utterly shocked and disappointed - I take no real pleasure in such a simple, mindless depiction of football, where the spectacular is made routine, even if it's pretty to look at.

I agree with everything. The game is only playable with legacy defense and sliders to weak the CPU super-power, the tactical defense and the complete lack of reaction of the defenders that we are not controlling makes the game totally unenjoyable. I knew that the AI in Fifa is always bad but i wasn't expecting a gameplay WORSE than 2014, that i actually enjoyed.

Overpowering the offense to make the 12 yeard old FUT players seems to be the new EA goal...

Stop player against Spurs everybody knows they are rubbish :PP

Started CM. First things first, TURN OFF INJURIES. In my first two friendlies, I lost Di Maria, Falcao, RVP, Blind and Falcao - all for > a month.

That kind of thing just baffles me. Do EA not play test?

Secondly, the game has lots of promise, but against the CPU it's currently broken. Like, I can't believe it was released. Someone must QA single player, surely? Watching yet another Full Back dance circles around half my team, easily picking out a teammate in my crowded box to score is just ludicrous. How can anyone at EA have tested this and said: "Yeah, that looks good"

It's a huge step down from last year in terms of actually watching the CPU attack.

The CPU attacks by keeping the ball unrealistically, and then playing it perpendicular to their body, in the opposite direction to where they're running with unerring accuracy.

I've jacked up the CPU pass error to 100, and every team still has > 80% completion. Roma just beat me with 91. On 100 pass error.

Pray for the modders if you're a single player fan.

Just bought the game on PS4, was previously playing it on xbone wasn't too impressed cause it was playing fast, even tho at one stage i thought it was slow. But on the ps4 it plays a lot slower am seeing a lot of individuality which wasn't obvious enough for me on the demo and on the ea access. Very impressed so far, I'm hoping this maintains the longer I play the game,BUT as for FUT very disappointed won't even bother playing it.

Last edited:
Just bought the game on PS4, was previously playing it on xbone wasn't too impressed cause it was playing fast, even tho at one stage i thought it was. But on the ps4 it plays a lot slower am seeing a lot of individuality which wasn't obvious enough for me on the demo and on the ea access. Very impressed so far...

Exactly my experiences, but dont know why there are differences.

Any tips? I can't seem to sort aiming, if I try to play it to either side of the keeper it flies miles out of bounds. And if I don't aim, it hits hte keeper dead on.
It was the first time I've really used manual shooting (I usually use semi) so unfortunately no tips from me. For all I know, I got lucky! But until I play more, I'm putting it down to skill until I'm always missing :D

Maybe I'm crap overall but playing on Pro, I'm really not seeing these high scoring games. In fact, I think the highest I've seen is probably 3-1 or so. Are people playing it like basketball and counter attacking all the time?

Not checked the CPU pass completion bit I imagine it is high although I haven't messed with sliders.

Also not having too many issues defending. As I said earlier, maybe it's because I'm on Pro difficulty but as mentioned above, trust the AI more to cut off lanes and concentrate on cutting off your own. I do also use the button to force to AI to close down even more to rush them or try a tackle but defending is fine here.

Maybe I'll step it up a level tonight and see if I get the same experience as others but at the moment I'm absolutely loving the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game it really amazing and defending is an art.This is my 2nd day with it.At first I was defending like I was in 14.Babysitting my teammates like I did in 14 which resulted in big losses against the AI(which is way harder and more intelligent than last year).I lost 7-3 ,5-1.

Then I started watching how my teammates behave ,move and mark the opposition.I said to myself I should trust them more.I decided to put myself in place of the player I'm controlling and respond as if I'm the player.If he pass and move ,I track him while watching my cover teammate approaching the other opponent's player.That's how I stopped losing my team's shape.I'm using manual switching.

I find the AI to be more helpful ,useful this year.On the pitch I feel there's 22 footballer playing the game not just stupid robots standing there waiting for me to control them.

Things started to get better.Got a couple of wins.I love that match day live feature or mode.I switch to the team I want then play their next match in no time.I had a great match Atl.Madrid (me) vs Sev. with Arda Turan scoring the winning goal (2-1)before the refee ended the game.The crowd went crazy at Calderon.

Of course the game needs tweaking esp too deep defensive line,too many spaces btw def & midfield and the width line.I've been tweaking them plus AI run freq. to get a more compacted higher defensive lines with more patient CPU AI.Even with high def. line the whole team act as a unit and retreat slowly if they didn't get the ball soon(better than 14). I'm getting there,testing those in different leagues and see how they affect the game.So far so good ,those changes plus the more active AI resulting in some good matches where midfield battles are better than default.

As a conclusion this game is so deep,varied,more tactical and random than any fifa before.Feel the game lads. ;)

Feel what????random shooting? Players models? Terrible keepers mistakes? Arcade pace online?:FISH: No thank You.

Back
Top Bottom