Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Pretty dumb letting the Czech FIFA champ play some amateur. Also it's pretty crazy of EA to let them film and release the footage BEFORE they've even managed to release their very own.

yeesh.

You don't need Personality+ & Pro Passing to whip a newb 10-0. :lol:

EDIT:
I Youtubed it Placebo (my PC wouldn't let me see it otherwise!! :lol I have an ancient PC!)

YouTube - GP0910 Fifa11Interview

Last edited:
Well, one of the morons is the best czech player. But they probably should have invited you as the best player in the world. You would make shit like pes2010 look like a masterpiece, no doubt about it.

btw the match ended 10-0, the guy who lost is an "amateur", who doesnt play fifa very often and he was holding the sprint button and making sliding tackles all the time, there were 3 penalties against him.

:LOL: Touchy, touchy.

Well, one of the morons is the best czech player. But they probably should have invited you as the best player in the world. You would make shit like pes2010 look like a masterpiece, no doubt about it.

btw the match ended 10-0, the guy who lost is an "amateur", who doesnt play fifa very often and he was holding the sprint button and making sliding tackles all the time, there were 3 penalties against him.
I havn't watched the latest videos (I watched the first one), because frankly it seems like there is nothing noteworthy to see judging from comments/complaints.

So, one of the guys is the "best Czech player" (based on what, online leaderboards?) and the other is just crap at the game - that is a disastrous combination to produce gameplay footage.
You have one guy fucking everything up, taking no notice of positioning/tactics and the other guy probably used to ping-ponging, exploiting the ease of assisted controls and pressuring all the time (that's what "the best" players do :FAIL:).

By the way, your logic doesn't make sense.

are you kidding me? pc graphics have always "blown" away console graphics. get off your console horse:FAIL:

I'm not on any console horse and I really wish you wouldn't direct those silly "fail" icons at me.

My point was that historically FIFA on the PC has been shafted and while games built for PCs and consoles ALWAYS look better on the PC than a console (provided you have a top-notch graphics card), FIFA has, in my opinion, never looked better on the PC than it has on next-gen consoles.

How difficult would it be to use the next-gen engine for the PC? Who knows, but it's taken this long for them to apparently do it and so I wouldn't expect it to look nearly identical to the console version in one year.

IMO it actually should go back to FIFA 08 and rebuild the game from there!

I was called crazy on the EA boards for making such a suggestion a while back.

As for the "slower" video. Are we seeing more defender catch up around the 30 second mark (I think that's about where it was)? The midfielder seems to fake the defender out and take off down the field. Defender is flat-footed, but changes direction incredibly quickly and eventually catches up with the guy. Perhaps the discrepancy in speed really is that great but it doesn't account for the ease with which he was able to change direction.

Incidentally I was going to go ahead and post Gary's list of reasons why pressuring will be less effective this year. I did ask! Technically I wasn't told not to.

Did Gary omit that part about the stamina/fatigue or was it redacted by you? You gotta give that info up Rom if it was you, lol.

The pc version will be using the same console engine so it should look better in pc.

How do you know ea have but been working on the console port fire me than a year?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Wow it's all gotten a little negative in here now..

Though I guess I'm going to add to that :CONFUSE:, I'm a little unsure on how you make the game look poor by not playing properly..

If you can play poorly and ping pong and press like mad the game is letting you play that way, If EA make a video in which the two players do not use those, shall we call them "exploits" than everyone will go, "wow, that's more like it"..

This does not mean those things are not still in the game...

Wow it's all gotten a little negative in here now..

And EA have themselves solely to blame for that.

Rom has been bending over backwards to provide positive PR for them and they've even shafted him with the terrible gameplay videos and especially lack of feedback about some of the questions we've been raising. Considering how badly fucked over we all were with manager mode last year they should be pumping out the information for it but yet all we get is a few scraps from EA_Pwride on the EA forums and they apparently have to go through 20 levels of approval before we can get anything:

I've given the second article some tweaks and sent it back for approval, chances are it won't go live until next week though as there are lots of things happening at once.

face_palm.gif

How can they need to go through all of this approval, but that Czech site can post that shit gameplay?

What is the point of being so cautious, if you are going to allow footage like that to go out?

Anyway, it has been shit. They really need to post more info and gameplay vids. What they are doing is beginning to backfire on them.

Don't you think Rutter et al love to be on video to much? I do.

We need less videos of them rumbling on how good everything is and how hard they have worked, with their little smug, wry smiles on their faces and more actual stuff to prove what they are saying.

Nobody wants to see them, we want to see the game :ROLL:

How can they need to go through all of this approval, but that Czech site can post that shit gameplay?

What is the point of being so cautious, if you are going to allow footage like that to go out?

Anyway, it has been shit. They really need to post more info and gameplay vids. What they are doing is beginning to backfire on them.

We need less videos of them rumbling on how good everything is and how hard they have worked, with their little smug, wry smiles on their faces and more actual stuff to prove what they are saying.

Though I guess I'm going to add to that :CONFUSE:, I'm a little unsure on how you make the game look poor by not playing properly..

If you can play poorly and ping pong and press like mad the game is letting you play that way, If EA make a video in which the two players do not use those, shall we call them "exploits" than everyone will go, "wow, that's more like it"..

This does not mean those things are not still in the game...

Sorry to quote myself buy I would have typed the very same thing just about in response to the call for EA game-play?...

If we believe that the snippets on those vids are 11...

Seems to be the bane of modern PR, too many videos of people talking on about stuff rather than gameplay footage, I downloaded the MOH:Tier 1 trailers and it was just some fooking paedo babbling on about how tough he used to be when he went and invaded third world countries FFS!

:WORSHIP:

The thing with that carnage video is that the other two videos show gameplay where the players try and make much simpler passes but the ball doesn't travel anything like as fast. Someone makes a 10 yard pass and the ball trickles wide of the target. It doesn't seem to be a case of the people in the other two vids playing 'properly'; the fundamental restrictions on the players just don't look the same.

Last edited:
The speed of the game is what is letting the ball get to the strikers unhindered as much as the positioning. The slower the ball moves, the more time defenders have to react even if they're as far away as they are in the vid. The overall player speed seems higher too, which means that the defender-striker spacing coefficient will have been increased slightly to avoid the striker reacting quicker to pass the defender before the human controlling the defender can react. Of course it means the striker can instead receive the ball in space and not have to beat the defender.

Honestly, this looks very different to what we played. The game we played was full of physical interaction and organised defending, with passes that moved so much slower and players who couldn't just sprint everywhere carefree.

There's definitely something that doesn't add up in all of this. If what they were playing was all we had seen then I'd know it was that EA had stitched their 'most valued' community members up for the second year running. But this isn't all we've seen.

Seriously, watch this video and tell me that it's rife with the same problems. Every pass is so much slower; the defensive positioning and midfield involvement is solid. The inaccuracy stemming from dodgy body direction and the significance of under/overhit passes is visible in the varying speed of the ball.

YouTube - Fifa11 Cropped Interview FauxHD

How can that, which sits perfectly with what I was expecting, and this

YouTube - FIFA 11 - Gameplay & Reportage HD (New)

, be the same game?

They're poles apart.

Night.

And.

Day.

Something between these two videos has changed drastically. The only thing I can think of is that the newer vid has that pro passing reducer option (the one that Phil confirmed this morning is no longer present) set to ON, which means the game moves much faster and is therefore much more wide open and sprinty.

Sick animation (pass animation at the 2:41/2:42 mark) in the 2nd video you posted. Not sure if this was in Fifa 10 since I only played the demo.

Sick animation (pass animation at the 2:41/2:42 mark) in the 2nd video you posted. Not sure if this was in Fifa 10 since I only played the demo.

It does look good, is this the new driven lob pass they've been talking about?...Also, first few seconds of that video shows the ability to shove away someone that's behind you while waiting for the ball to drop? Looks new to me...

That'll be the new improved shielding, should be good.

EA_GaryPaterson said:
d. Dribbling
- Has better shielding than in FIFA10. For example, the player will auto shield from a defender if you turn away from him.
- Jostling is less clear cut than in 10 therefore giving more time to escape or pass the ball.

Last edited:

lol Exactly!

They should show us a video like the latest oficial video trailer from Konami, a video that highlights the most important improvements on gameplay with an in-game footage.

Last edited:
LOL i love that film (old school).

With the EA footage, th way it is right now, there's a hell of a lot riding on it. For some it's now make or break as it will be the first stuff we will have seen officially from EA apart from Rutter's Personality+ vid with Arshavin and Sol Campbell.

Edit: Just got my Gamerbase confrimation. Guess i'll be playing.

Last edited:
Yes. Very much liking those first touches actually - massive improvement in how realistic they looked. There's a few others in the videos.

Yeh that pass does look pretty slick actually :)

Aye. Hopefully, we get new animations for dribbling as well. Makes the game look so much more realistic. Sour point is that shooting still looks the same. I think its stale and needs to be redone.

Back
Top Bottom