Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

I think throughballs should at least be semi, biased much more towards manual than assisted. I don't mind a bit of tweaking of direction and weight within reason. You can't make throughballs that much harder than passes otherwise people just won't use them (see FIFA 10).

Well I'm hoping with the new defensive positioning a through ball will be a more useful tool, so if they choose not to use it because it's too difficult, then that'd be their own loss.

Apparently there was indeed some PC footage in that Czech vid - Gary said the background to the team logos at the top when pausing mid-game are black on the PC version and white on the console version.

Apparently there was indeed some PC footage in that Czech vid - Gary said the background to the team logos at the top when pausing mid-game are black on the PC version and white on the console version.

Interesting... someone should try to pick out what game every clip is from, put them together and then we can compare the difference :SMUG:

All the 2v2 stuff we've been worried about has the pro-passing marker, so surely none of that is PC.

I assume he meant this?:

blackback.jpg

Arsenal vs Chelsea & Behind Argentina vs Brazil.

Last edited:
Having said that, in the long term ideally assisted shouldn't be a problem at all. I shouldn't CARE what people are using.
This is the key. People prefer different control settings for various different reasons, and always will. Just like a huge slice of the userbase won't want manual forcing on them, neither would I want assisted/semi forced on me. The important thing is that the game stops being about who can exploit most efficiently, and starts becoming about who can 'think football' better.

For this to be the case you need a more realistic representation of the real sport. That suits everybody, because - an important distinction to make - I don't believe that this aim automatically equals 'less fun' or 'more difficult'.

I know that people wouldn't want manual being forced down their throat but do you really think that if EA released a new game and made Assisted settings replicate Semi anybody would really care/notice. I mean it'd be a new game, wouldn't they just think it was because they weren't used to the new game and therefore would subsequently learn how to play. I know a lot of people who just can't be assed to try semi because they're so comfortable with assisted. Nothing to do with them not being able to play.

&& for the really handicapped they have 2 button control anyway. I really don't see much problem with that if their goal is actually to create a better representation of the sport (yeh?).

That's something I've pointed out. Though that RVP chest-down and turn was from the TV screens, no?

The key points I raised were that Zico's 180 pass was too quick and accurate (even for Zico), the players seemed to cover the ground too quickly (though the player sprint pressuring lost 10-0 and I don't think we ever see him win the ball) and RVP's control was superhuman. Gary then supplied that bit of news...

I played someone on manual on FIFA 10 yesterday and all they did was; pass to Ribery, cut inside, do early cross from about 50 yards which lobs the keeper and almost goes in every time... Scored 2 of them so I just quit.

As long as FIFA has exploits like that, leaderboards will only cause them to be exploited more (because the pathetic wankers seem to think a high ranking on a video game makes up for their lack of friends/a life).

(...) I know unranked matches are available on FIFA, but even on those people use assisted and exploit the game.
I suppose it's just the way the online community is these days, too many cunts. Doesn't help that football is the no.1 chav sport.

Shit, I can't believe I'm agreeing with Rob...couldn't have said that better myself though.

For those who already played a build of the game, I'd like to know something: how much 'atribute based' will manual settings be ? Is there a really notable difference between shooting with (for example) David Villa and a lower skilled player ? I mean... not only the difference on how much you hold the button to reach the right power, but also the direction you put on the ball - if there is a better curl/effect on the ball for high skilled players that gives an impression that there is some CPU adjustement ?

I think it would be nice if there were notable differences, but still challenging to score goals from medium/long distance for every player (harder for ones and easier for others, of course), with realistic ball physiscs (realistc weight and no 'script feeling'), that give us that achievement feeling.

- I'd like to know all this stuff about normal pass and through pass as well.

I hope you understand all I mean here.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I ask you that because I want the freedom that manual gives me for building up my attacking plays, but I still want that important and notable impact of players atributes on how much I can succeed or fail.

There's still
ways
to exploit
manual

Check it

Changes next to nothing, you're still not going to enjoy online if those who're playing with you are overcompetitive jerks.

exactly... I think FIFA WC online is pure arcade football.. that is all it is... even when I trick people in to playing full manual games it still is because of the arcade way of playing defense and pressing.

There is no need for this assisted.. semi and manual control sets... there should be only one and it should be in between semi and manual. Also online leaderboard rankings should use slow game speed setting..

I'll point out that when I played it, it seemed like BS. You could still ping pong pass and and assisted player could outplay you by just pressing pass all the time. I put in my feedback form this needs drastically changing or we will have FIFA 10 on our hands again. But the good thing is player positioning was better so once they got into the final third it was harder for them to ping pong pass.

AND that is exactly what it looks like to me so far from the gameplay videos... everything EA needed to fix most is exactly what you still see as a problem in the gameplay videos so far... rather depressing, BUT I will test it out myself when the demo releases.

Last edited:
Always the same with FIFA. A problem PES never had in it's heyday.

I'm not expecting it to last until FIFA 12, but hopefully it'll still be fun for a few months longer than 10 was.

I played someone on manual on FIFA 10 yesterday and all they did was; pass to Ribery, cut inside, do early cross from about 50 yards which lobs the keeper and almost goes in every time... Scored 2 of them so I just quit.

As long as FIFA has exploits like that, leaderboards will only cause them to be exploited more (because the pathetic wankers seem to think a high ranking on a video game makes up for their lack of friends/a life).

I remember that PES4 had no proper online play (for PC), as in it was only direct IP with no leaderboards or anything, so when you played online (from that pes4online add-on that was made), people were only playing to enjoy the game, not exploit it... I know unranked matches are available on FIFA, but even on those people use assisted and exploit the game.
I suppose it's just the way the online community is these days, too many cunts. Doesn't help that football is the no.1 chav sport.

Robert, your crack is better than Pablo Escobars. :LOL:

I know that people wouldn't want manual being forced down their throat but do you really think that if EA released a new game and made Assisted settings replicate Semi anybody would really care/notice. I mean it'd be a new game, wouldn't they just think it was because they weren't used to the new game and therefore would subsequently learn how to play. I know a lot of people who just can't be assed to try semi because they're so comfortable with assisted. Nothing to do with them not being able to play.
But what would it achieve? I don't think the solution is to make the game more complicated to control. Clearly with the addition of the 2-button control scheme, EA are, like any other games developer, interested in boosting the accessibility of their product, which is quite the opposite. Gary Paterson wants people to play his game the way they want to play it, and EA understandably desire to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. I don't see what there would be to gain in taking any of the optional control schemes away.

We are a sub-section who happen to enjoy the freedom and reward of un-assisted controls. Why must we assume that thumb dexterity should be the determining factor in who can win? Why shouldn't it be the gamer who strategises a better gameplan and plays the more intelligent football, regardless of control scheme?

I don't think that assisted controls are a problem; it's what the game allows you to do with them (as well as insufficient filtering/matchmaking). Make the contest about actual football rather than about exploits and button-mashing, and the solution is surely more satisfactory all round.

any link please, i need this to prove somebody wrong. :))

Last edited:
Anybody here still play FIFA 10 online ps3?

Would really like to get a few PSN id's for some slow manual games, gettin real fed up with Man u & Inter fanboys exploiting lobs and quitting when i take the lead.

There were probably PC footage shown to the press, but all gameplay were console version unless the PC version will also have Pro Passing.

I smell b/s.

As in, what, you think I'm BSing? Or you think Gary P is BSing?

It's possible that the background for that was black in a previous build of the console version but is now white - the devs will be several builds ahead of whatever we play at these community events, or press tours for journalists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom