Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

..We know FIFA is better,but we know it could be LOADS better if EA addressed the obvious flaws before expanding to other things.

Yep. That is the truely sad thing. I fear pressure whores will live to fight another day in Fifa11, sadly.

Will EA prove us wrong?

I very much doubt it.

They could do with someone who actually REALLY understands football to be involved at the production stage to direct them on how the game should play. Having a mixture of casual football fans and probably even some developers who aren't even into football is asking for trouble IMO.

I can't believe how thick some people on the official boards are about manual controls... how fucking hard is it to understand it means manual aim and not full control where the ball ends up? I shouldn't read that board and I hope EA won't do it either. Mongoloids!

The reason to be on that board is precisely that EA do pay attention to it. I was fairly surprised when Gary turned up in that thread and made that announcement, and then later came onto the forum to make a thread about ranking systems and then actively discussing things with users - but that's why I go there.

The reason to be on that board is precisely that EA do pay attention to it. I was fairly surprised when Gary turned up in that thread and made that announcement, and then later came onto the forum to make a thread about ranking systems and then actively discussing things with users - but that's why I go there.

Evo-Web (ironically) and FifaSoccerBlog forums prove the most coherant Fifa discussion on the internet. If they're not reading the aforementioned forums then they're not looking in the right place.

Your screams on the official forum are drowned out by kids. Even if they do infact agree with you, they can't properly articulate their case to you or the games producers in a structured and civil way.

Anyhow, I've been penciled in for the 24th for the Gamerbase Fifa11 event. I shall provide some balanced impressions. Not sure if it's worth me testing manual controls but if I have time I will.

No I know, there are good reasons to post there. It was just the frustration talking after reading that thread about manual control over there. As long as EA knows what people to listen to it should be fine. "Majority rule" isn't always the best.

I presume we have quite a few members from here going to the Gamerbase playtests (and the day earlier Emirates one) so we should get some good impressions.

I presume we have quite a few members from here going to the Gamerbase playtests (and the day earlier Emirates one) so we should get some good impressions.

Does that include any pasty eating members from here? :)

I'll be wearing a hastily bought Barca shirt to mine...

I went to the fifa10 emirates day last year and it was a really good day. Met Chris Davies (fsb) and a few others from here.

There was 2 codes, an earlier code which we got to play mostly and a 2nd code, which was actually the demo that was released. And the early code was soooo much better. The 2nd demo code felt a lot quicker and seemed 'dumbed' down. When I questioned why this was I was told by the EA guys there that it merely felt that way because it was set up on a jumbo screen. It sounded like BS at the time and I never truly believed it. And my fears were sadly made reality when fifa10 was released. I hope they don't make the same mistake with fifa11.

I remember perfectly all that, wildster, and your oppinions from that day, as well as Chris oppinions. And I remember how you said all that about the demo ad how shocking it was.

The worst of all is that they will do it again for fifa 11 and deliver a worse game thant what they could. I really can't understand it. I'm getting to the point where both games seem tiresome repeating again and again the same mistakes.

Now a quick rant I put on spoilers so only curious people will read.
I know they both sell buckets. It's just like politics. It doesn't matter how stupid a politician is, he will be voted by millions anyway. Here in Spain people can vote between an idiot and a right-wing idiot. And people votes! That's why I don't believe in any process that makes the opinion of the masses, not even democracy (or at least THIS democracy).

Take marketing for example, if you follow the "marketing rules" you won't never get a quality product. Just turn up your tv and see the kind of things they put on. That's what people want.

The masses want crap. In a nice box. Adn delivered regularly. That's what happens with fifa right now and happened with PES. They are not only games, they are brands. They have "brands" and they're milking them. And as long as there's a lot of milk, they won't do anything substantial to alter the product, no matter how flawed it is. We need a strong PES game that hurts EA numbers. Then they will accelerate again. Right now they're too comfortable being the kings and have spent 3 years making it more arcadey.

I went to the fifa10 emirates day last year and it was a really good day. Met Chris Davies (fsb) and a few others from here.

There was 2 codes, an earlier code which we got to play mostly and a 2nd code, which was actually the demo that was released. And the early code was soooo much better. The 2nd demo code felt a lot quicker and seemed 'dumbed' down. When I questioned why this was I was told by the EA guys there that it merely felt that way because it was set up on a jumbo screen. It sounded like BS at the time and I never truly believed it. And my fears were sadly made reality when fifa10 was released. I hope they don't make the same mistake with fifa11.
:CONFUSE: Damn, I hope that's not the case this time...

EA should get football players and coaches to help them make the game better. Like these guys do.

Jordan to help develop upcoming hoops video game

Posted Jun 2 2010 2:19PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- Basketball superstar Michael Jordan will help develop the upcoming "NBA 2K11" game from Take-Two Interactive and will be on the game's cover.

Jason Argent, vice president of marketing at Take-Two's 2K Sports, says that's a departure from a typical cover deal with athletes. Usually, the game maker simply hands over a check.

Players will be able to play Jordan's character to vicariously slam-dunk their way to victory from the comfort of their couch. Although 2K did not give a lot of information on how the game will look, Argent says Jordan will be working closely with developers, right down to such details as whether the character's elbow is at the correct angle for a shot.

The new game goes on sale Oct. 5.

EA should get football players and coaches to help them make the game better. Like these guys do.

True, that great looking F1 2010 game is being developed with Anthony Davidson, who's actually part of the team making the game. He's still an F1 Driver (maybe could join one of the new teams next year why not?), driven a few seasons in F1. Input from someone like that is simply gold!

There must be a few ex players who can help EA surley?

From all th indications, FIFA 11 will probably be an almost 'patched' fixed in certian placs fifa 10

FIFA 12 will the sim we are after with all the sliders etc...

Last edited:
True, that great looking F1 2010 game is being developed with Anthony Davidson, who's actually part of the team making the game. He's still an F1 Driver (maybe could join one of the new teams next year why not?), driven a few seasons in F1. Input from someone like that is simply gold!

There must be a few ex players who can help EA surley?

From all th indications, FIFA 11 will probably be an almost 'patched' fixed in certian placs fifa 10

FIFA 12 will the sim we are after with all the sliders etc...

We'll be lucky.

Major news drought.

At this rate, we could have 3 PES videos before we get 1 Fifa video. What a turn around...

How long does it take to get a career mode hand's on approved? Not like the first one even revealed all that much, shockingly poor PR considering they should be bending over backwards to make up for the pisstake of 10's MM.

How long does it take to get a career mode hand's on approved? Not like the first one even revealed all that much, shockingly poor PR considering they should be bending over backwards to make up for the pisstake of 10's MM.

Considering they've said that MM was the most-played mode, I still don't think it's their number 1 priority ;)

To be fair, it's probably a more useful thing to do with F1. If you've driven all the tracks you know roughly how F1 works for all the drivers - in football that's really not the case. It might be better to get a manager or analyst to take a longer look at it than a player really.

I think you can probably learn quite a lot about how FIFA ought to be by watching a match and playing a bit yourself - whereas with F1 it's really pretty difficult to know what it's like. The onboard laps make me want to shit myself on some tracks :P

A 'fixed' FIFA 10 would be one of the best games ever made ;) I might even pay for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom