Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Yeah, we will be. First few days will be incredible. Then the shit will hit t3h fan.
Man I never thought I would get bored of FIFA but today I just realized this game isn't fun anymore. With 09 I didn't need to buy one game because 09 grasped my attention for 12 months. 10 has only had it for like 6 months. Just shows how little changed from 09 to 10 and how it was made worse in other ways. FIFA 11 better bring something really fresh and new. I don't want to feel unmoved when a goal is scored.

Last edited:
Man I never thought I would get bored of FIFA but today I just realized this game isn't fun anymore. With 09 I didn't need to buy one game because 09 grasped my attention for 12 months. 10 has only had it for like 6 months. Just shows how little changed from 09 to 10 and how it was made worse in other ways. FIFA 11 better bring something really fresh and new. I don't want to feel unmoved when a goal is scored.
Today? You did well to make it last this long! I was bored of it months ago.

Maybe you played it a bit too much??

When is the demo due? mid sept?

Yep, only goal I celebrated on Fifa was on the first day. It was the first goal I scored on clubs :LOL:

And even that was with my VP's wrong foot. There's just so much wrong with Fifa that I notice after a week's play.

Well I'm still loving Fifa 10 and Fifa WC 2010 despite the flaws.

Guess I'm the exception

Well I'm still loving Fifa 10 and Fifa WC 2010 despite the flaws.

Guess I'm the exception

Not really, I'd still be playing Fifa10 if it weren't for the fact the season ended with so many changes for my team in real life making 10's MM unappealing, still playing the world cup game currently.

I finally caved in and bought World Cup, only because it was going cheap on special offer. I think it looks and feels a fair bit better than 10 (not £30-better though).

That said, I've probably spent more time setting up the teams' formations/tactics than actually playing the thing. I find that if you give the CPU 'Slow' for Build Up Speed and edit the formation to put fewer positions on High attacking work-rate, it's a more pleasant experience. They do slightly less sprinting forward and occasionally pass the ball backwards/sideways once in a while.

I played as Mexico on Legendary/Manual and finished bottom of Group A, which was nice. Tshabalala spanked one into my far top corner with his left foot, it was quite eerie.

Last edited:
Today? You did well to make it last this long! I was bored of it months ago.
Well I only played clubs because it's the only mode worth playing. I probably got a 1k-1.5k games played.Fun until you realize there is very little skill involved in the game. I score a nice goal (on semi) and the next game one of my club mates scores something similar (on assisted). They're like "Oh shit! Awesome goal" and I'm saying to myself,"you didn't even have to aim" :YAWN:
Maybe you played it a bit too much??

When is the demo due? mid sept?
Yeah but all the online games out this past year have sucked ass. I can't even play PES for longer than one season in ML.
Yep, only goal I celebrated on Fifa was on the first day. It was the first goal I scored on clubs :LOL:

And even that was with my VP's wrong foot. There's just so much wrong with Fifa that I notice after a week's play.
I just feel like it's become stale. Online gaming for me period has become very stale.

FIFA 10 had me entertained for about 2 months, WC game only lasted about 3 weeks.

WC game had 1 awesome weekend for me trying to get Australia to the WC, took ages, used the young kids, was good. But then after getting knocked out i played more games and just noticed how many issues there are.

I really hope FIFA 11 gives me 6 months of fun. At least we have PES, so ill play FIFA 11 as long as i can, then move to PES. Hopefully combined i can get like 8 months of gaming.

This is true, and it always will be. There is no way in any game to filter out everyone who is competitive, even on manual filter when there is no real leaderboard advantage there are people who exploit the game. One of the things which is highly unfortunate about manual becoming more popular is that it will lose its great advantage over assisted - which is that the people who play it on the whole aren't complete twats.

But if you do go on the EAUK forums (and I could understand why you might not want to) you'll know that I'm not a huge fan of manual leaderboards. I think I said to Gary that it's a temporary/partial solution more than anything else. Why this is exciting/pleasing is because firstly I know it's something a lot of people wanted, and it's also great because it means they have been listening and that the manual community and its exponents have been successful.

It's not ideal, and it's not what I want and I suspect that in October it will all start again this year with a push to a full and proper solution of some sort. The exploitability of FIFA is a problem that hopefully will be dealt with. It would be hard to have a game as exploitable as FIFA 10, touch wood.

As for what Wilky is saying above about assisted being constraining - so true. When I do use assisted passing for Clubs (because I really don't think it's fair on my teammates not to), I'm always so frustrated at what I can't do when I play on assisted. Assisted for all its faults is not by any means perfect - it's easily exploitable - but it also screws you over all the time. Sometimes the ball will decide to go to a player who is clearly absolutely nowhere near where you pointed. Picking out the second man in a line of three is a ruddy nightmare too.

I'm fairly confident that if the game becomes more realistic in terms of speed, AI and so on that the advantages of manual will start to be highlighted. As for the idea of semi in the defensive third... Hmm. Interesting. One thing which I'm going to go for quite strongly for next year will be movin towards a total rebalance - and for that I believe that ideas to make manual easier may be key - and that's a very interesting idea indeed.

:APPLAUD:

I was playing some Fifa WC over the weekend and had to settle for some ranked play against an assisted player. I still used manual and he beat me, but he was being a complete twat about it. Watching endless replays of his goals, doing kick ups with his keeper etc, which was a bit sad considering he wasn't even attempting to play football. He was merely playing 'Fifa'. By that i mean he got the ball up to Torres and Villa at every opportunity and then just played a through ball. So i found his over-indulgence after scoring a goal a little sad.

In contrast i played a lad from Mexico on manual settings. He won the first game 1-0 (he was Bulgaria, i was Croatia) and we drew the 2nd 0-0. It was played in great spirit (he didin't position his striker on my defender when i took a goal kick, which was refreshing). We exchanged pleasantries at the end and hopefully i'll get chance to play him again sometime this week.

Manual players seem to be cut from a different cloth. It's refreshing.

:APPLAUD:

I was playing some Fifa WC over the weekend and had to settle for some ranked play against an assisted player. I still used manual and he beat me, but he was being a complete twat about it. Watching endless replays of his goals, doing kick ups with his keeper etc, which was a bit sad considering he wasn't even attempting to play football. He was merely playing 'Fifa'. By that i mean he got the ball up to Torres and Villa at every opportunity and then just played a through ball. So i found his over-indulgence after scoring a goal a little sad.

In contrast i played a lad from Mexico on manual settings. He won the first game 1-0 (he was Bulgaria, i was Croatia) and we drew the 2nd 0-0. It was played in great spirit (he didin't position his striker on my defender when i took a goal kick, which was refreshing). We exchanged pleasantries at the end and hopefully i'll get chance to play him again sometime this week.

Manual players seem to be cut from a different cloth. It's refreshing.

I want to play you!
Add me quietriot1983 we will play manual games in that same spirit. :APPLAUD:

I can't believe how thick some people on the official boards are about manual controls... how fucking hard is it to understand it means manual aim and not full control where the ball ends up? I shouldn't read that board and I hope EA won't do it either. Mongoloids!

2vAI Anton, with a few beers is a good laugh, plays harder than 1 vAI, it is very shallow and bug ridden but PES is still fantasy league football so until that changes or FIFA12 is as bad as PES08 I will not be taking the month or so it took to switch back again... :PIRATE:

True. Sucks huh? We know FIFA is better,but we know it could be LOADS better if EA addressed the obvious flaws before expanding to other things.

Back
Top Bottom