FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Ozkar: Hold LB and press pass to lay off the ball.

Hmm...I believe I've tried that as well, but then he passes the ball straight forward into the box. I want him to lay the ball off to the other player involved in the freekick, and that player is supposed to smash the ball towards goal.

I must say I really LOVE this game at the moment. I've had some amazing games against the CPU today. Close controll button is the shit! :)

Hmm...I believe I've tried that as well, but then he passes the ball straight forward into the box. I want him to lay the ball off to the other player involved in the freekick, and that player is supposed to smash the ball towards goal.

I must say I really LOVE this game at the moment. I've had some amazing games against the CPU today. Close controll button is the shit! :)

I think it's LT, not LB :)

It's only LB+Pass if you're using LB as your skill move button, if not then it'd be LT+Pass.

i played a friend online yesterday, and surprizinly my offline edits(boots, apperances) were appearing???!?!?!? how come???
he said that what he edited also was on the macth, on his team....

thats great!

i just wondering now if that was cause of some opition we turned on , or if its like that by default and evan on ranked macthes..

They sell PES without licenses.

Whatever happened to Fifa or Uefa forcing the devs to sell the champions league as a separate game as the EA people claimed? Why force fifa but not force Konami, and why let your licence go to konami if you want a separate game and the money from that?

That's a big difference. PES is a "football game", they don't need licenses to back that up. If it was called Premier League and Spanish League Soccer they would need the licenses because the name assumes those leagues are authentic.

Selling a CL game means (to the general consumer) that it is all about an authentic CL experience. How would that look if they sell a CL game and only have 12 out of 32 licenses? Everyone that buys that game and don't know anything about Konami/PES would feel cheated and I think reviews would rate it down because it doesn't give a full CL experience because of fake teams. Again, PES never claims to be a league simulator, so they never indirectly promise licenses. A game that says it is all about CL indirectly does unless it says with big letters on the box that it is not an authentic CL game.

I bet they would love to sell it as a separate game though, because just as for EA, it's all about the money in the end for Konami too.

Last edited:
I remember back in the days when we where all still PES devotees, we'd bang up a suggestion list and try to send it towards Konami.

Well, it seems to be a good time to do the same for FIFA now. Cause this time we would actually have some input, it seems.

What I would like to suggest is to make a separate topic where we can leave our ideas and fixes for FIFA10, and finally let a team of evo-web FIFA experts(the likes of Placebo, Chris Bauer, Trance Allstar, etc.) filter it into a definite, ordered and prioritized list.

If by any chance they would feel something for it..

*edit* Hmm, I just read that FSB has allready put togheter a bug list and sent ift off to EA. Which makes this less urgent.

Last edited:
I have a question guys:

How do I perform a lay-off at freekicks?! I've tried pressing LB to call for a team mate and that works fine. But when I then press LB+Shoot, the player who is supposed to lay off the ball takes the shot! Have anyone managed to do this correctly and is it any usefull?

You hold LB and press pass, then he lays it off, then you shoot with the player who runs onto the lay off mate.

Originally Posted by Radiation View Post
They sell PES without licenses.

Whatever happened to Fifa or Uefa forcing the devs to sell the champions league as a separate game as the EA people claimed? Why force fifa but not force Konami, and why let your licence go to konami if you want a separate game and the money from that?

...might I suggest that there is no such enforcing whatsoever like "the EA people claim", and is just a lame excuse for EA to ship two games in the same year? ;)

Like, "the same EA people" who said that the player number feature was removed because it is a feature which was used by few people, and had a high maintenance cost?

Or "the same EA people" who claim that next-gen FIFA doesn't go to the PC market because "current PCs can't handle it", instead of admitting that EA doesn't really dedicate that much of their budget to PC because it doesn't sell as much as the console games? ;) This latter argument in particular angers me. I seem to be the only person with a technical background who can't believe that they are claiming this. They are turning their lack of effort budget-wise into a marketing hyperbole :LOL:

Honestly, this is by no means a criticism. What I want to point out is that, in the end, it's all just business and money.

I understand why they don't want to pour money into the PC version, as well as why they would want to release two games a year - Konami does the same in Japan (I remember when they even released three, so...).

I would totally understand that Konami would rather sell a UEFA CL game on the side, but then again, there will be that rumored DLC which people will have to pay for if they want to have it... Maybe that's their version of things this year.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

...might I suggest that there is no such enforcing whatsoever like "the EA people claim", and is just a lame excuse for EA to ship two games in the same year? ;)

Like, "the same EA people" who said that the player number feature was removed because it is a feature which was used by few people, and had a high maintenance cost?

Or "the same EA people" who claim that next-gen FIFA doesn't go to the PC market because "current PCs can't handle it", instead of admitting that EA doesn't really dedicate that much of their budget to PC because it doesn't sell as much as the console games? ;) This latter argument in particular angers me. I seem to be the only person with a technical background who can't believe that they are claiming this. They are turning their lack of effort budget-wise into a marketing hyperbole :LOL:

Honestly, this is by no means a criticism. What I want to point out is that, in the end, it's all just business and money.

I understand why they don't want to pour money into the PC version, as well as why they would want to release two games a year - Konami does the same in Japan (I remember when they even released three, so...).

I would totally understand that Konami would rather sell a UEFA CL game on the side, but then again, there will be that rumored DLC which people will have to pay for if they want to have it... Maybe that's their version of things this year.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
hey i agree, also i think your gonna see less and less pc gaming because there losing loads of money cause of pirating... and i know you can pirate 360 games, but its alot easier on a pc.

i played a friend online yesterday, and surprizinly my offline edits(boots, apperances) were appearing???!?!?!? how come???
he said that what he edited also was on the macth, on his team....

thats great!

i just wondering now if that was cause of some opition we turned on , or if its like that by default and evan on ranked macthes..

Really??? Nice!!! One question for ya, do you have 2 save files, one for online and another for offline? Or do you just use one saved file?

I hope this is true since I like to do lots of player/boots edit myself and always wished it would crossover to online mode.

Really??? Nice!!! One question for ya, do you have 2 save files, one for online and another for offline? Or do you just use one saved file?

I hope this is true since I like to do lots of player/boots edit myself and always wished it would crossover to online mode.

there is 2 difernt files, one for offline and one for online...
but if u start editing your offline file after u get the new one(when u sing up for the adidas live season) this file surprizinly works onile too!! which is a dream come true for me , personally...
i dunno if it works on ranked games, i doubt really, but i did use it lots of time yesterday night on unruanked macthes...
it works only for your team, so supose u changed rooney's boot for a generic white one, he will have white boots on your team, but in the oposion team he will have whatever boots that guys has set rooney to.

really this made my day yesterday! when i saw all my everton and cruzeiro edits online this gave me an extra boost...

i have a file , if anyone wants(PS3) with many many apperance corrections(updated boots, shirt tucked/untucked, wristbands) , its maily focused on the EPL, Brazilian league and top prospects... i think this adds a lot to the game! :)

When you edit formations and custom tactics they all just come up as "4-4-2 Custom 1, 4-4-2 Custom 2, etc". Is there any way to rename them?

there is 2 difernt files, one for offline and one for online...
but if u start editing your offline file after u get the new one(when u sing up for the adidas live season) this file surprizinly works onile too!! which is a dream come true for me , personally...
i dunno if it works on ranked games, i doubt really, but i did use it lots of time yesterday night on unruanked macthes...
it works only for your team, so supose u changed rooney's boot for a generic white one, he will have white boots on your team, but in the oposion team he will have whatever boots that guys has set rooney to.

really this made my day yesterday! when i saw all my everton and cruzeiro edits online this gave me an extra boost...

i have a file , if anyone wants(PS3) with many many apperance corrections(updated boots, shirt tucked/untucked, wristbands) , its maily focused on the EPL, Brazilian league and top prospects... i think this adds a lot to the game! :)

Sweet!

So the key here (when you say; "but if u start editing your offline file after u get the new one") is to save a file for online first and then save another for offline, make your edits, save, and ouila!!! Correct?

Sweet!

So the key here (when you say; "but if u start editing your offline file after u get the new one") is to save a file for online first and then save another for offline, make your edits, save, and ouila!!! Correct?

yeh, the key is to start editing after u sing up the adidas live season, so u edit over that file....

i would say:
1-get the online squads by trying to start and online macth
2-sing up adidas live season(so ull get the offline squads.)
3-start editing
4-aways keep a backupcopy of your file

ps. another cool thing is that any lineup , tatics or fk, pk assignmets edits will go online too! :)

and u can also use created players...only unruanked offcourse :)

Last edited:
yeh, the key is to start editing after u sing up the adidas live season, so u edit over that file....

i would say:
1-get the online squads by trying to start and online macth
2-sing up adidas live season(so ull get the offline squads.)
3-start editing
4-aways keep a backupcopy of your file

ps. another cool thing is that any lineup , tatics or fk, pk assignmets edits will go online too! :)

and u can also use created players...only unruanked offcourse :)

Really appreciate you clarifying this for me mate. I beleive you have the PS3 version. I will be playing the 360 version..Wonder if this still applies for 360 version. I certainly hope so since I would like for my edits to make it online as well.

Anyone 360 users can confirm this please?

Back
Top Bottom