FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Can anyone else play online at the moment (Xbox 360, although perhaps PS3 as well)?

I'm trying to play a quick ranked/quick unranked game and it says "no opponents available" straight away, and when I try to create a game it says "the team play servers are currently down" (even though I'm trying to start a normal 1v1 match). Hopefully it'll be fixed by tonight...

Only one thing is annoying me at the minute and that's playing as Tranmere in MM. On "professional" I'll win every game 3-0, on "world class" Northampton play with unbelievable strength, they seem to have a man everywhere, half your passes are as weak as piss so that they can collect them all, and they end up winning 1-0 because of said intercepted passes.

It's so much more fun playing as Liverpool in MM, it's a totally different game. Play Stoke, win 2-0, play Everton, draw 1-1, play Arsenal, lose 2-0. So much variety, easy games mixed in with real challenges. Playing in League One there's very little variation between each team's strength - understandably, I suppose. But it's really frustrating trying to beat anybody.

I can understand why people never use lower-league teams online, the reactions are chopped in half (as if they don't take enough of a reduction when playing online) and every shot rises like a balloon attached to three other balloons. But I'm determined to stick with Tranmere and move to Liverpool at a later point in my career, seems stupid starting your career at the top - where else is there to go from there?

I've managed to win one game out of seven so far in my new save, and that was only because Yeovil have half a star less than us. I was jumping for joy though, hopefully I can win another one before I get the sack.

I started as a BAP at Tranmere, just finished my first season where Tranmere didn't lose a single league game all season. Pro seems too easy so I'll have to move up to World Class.

He's talking about the net physics, he's saying that the only difference he sees between the movement of the nets is that they're slightly different on 360/PS3 (a few people have said the PS3 nets move slightly better).

He's talking about the net physics, he's saying that the only difference he sees between the movement of the nets is that they're slightly different on 360/PS3 (a few people have said the PS3 nets move slightly better).

Oh man...that's not what I wanted to hear. I'm gonna have to buy the PS3 version as well as the 360 version. I'd much prefer the 360 version for online and controller. Why EA, Why!!!

I would appreciate it if someone would PLEASSSSE! upload side by side vids of both versions showing the net animations on the same goal/nets. This would surely put this rumor to rest for me and help me save some money in the process.

Last edited:
BAPS on World Class is superb, the AI plays some really nice football.

I disagree - My team play really shit sometimes.

I have to get them to challenge for headers properly and run towards 50/50 balls!! its beginning to piss me off. In the Arsenal reserves there are two players that just don't pass the ball!! they run around and around then get tackled!!!

If I leave them alone - they very rarely tackle the other team properly and challenge for balls. Its sooo frustrating!!!

I always have that fucking problem in BAPS always cunts on my team ball hogging the system really was better in 08 imo when I pressed pass they would look for me even in awful situations even when I am in space in 09 they don't pass it (Professional)

I am trying to set my avatar up via EA Sports Football World and have matched everything up but its not showing on my ps3 and none of my results are showing on the football world site. Can anyone advise are there any extra steps to take. Thanks

Ok mate I set 3 avatars for the XBOX 360 FIFA 09, EURO and TIGER 09

What it sounds like is you have saved your avatar for WEB (I made this mistake). You have to make a separate one for each game. Yoou can keep them the same if you like.

At the top of the screen lists all the games. Click on FIFA FOOTBALL > (you will now have New Items, Equipped, Headgear etc) > Click on for options to buy and so on > Then Save Avatar.

And repeat the process for each game.

You also have the option to buy from EASW Store, the items you have unlocked in-game.

It worked for me. Good luck :TU:

I'd agree that the AI is generally imrpoved over 08 BAP. The rating system can piss me off a bit though, it can seem fairly random at times. I think the '-Pass' for every cross that doesn't connect has been pretty well documented. Sometimes I will ask for the ball when I am in space and get a negative mark when the AI decides it would be much better to just hoof the ball upfield instead, which doesn't seem quite right.

It's a bit frustrating as BAP is by far my favourite mode in 09 but I'm struggling to get the ratings to progress.

Fifa 09 + Adidas Live Season (All Leagues) purchased for PS3! I`m really enjoying the game!

One question: Can I somehow call good heading defenders like Vidic and Ferdinand to come up on corners?

Talking of Live Season, I've just purchased La Liga but it's not working, is there anything I have to do?

BAPS is shit when you up the speed of your player

you can just run though all the time and finish the 1 on 1

This Adidas Live Season, can someone explain this to me. Is this only updated stats that you have to purchase weekly? what happends if I don't purchase this stats?

Also, are the rosters updated off the case? Or do I have to download the rosters online?

Hello guys!
I have the ps3 version of the game and I was wondering what level does everybody play the game on?
I play on Legendary and the only thing I find annoying is that alsmost every shot that the CPU controlled team makes goes into the hands of my GK. And it doesn't matter if it is a long shot or a close one.
They result in having about 15 shots in a 6 min game and most times they don't even score once...
What's your opinion?

im seeing the same thing as u...the cpu shoots are either flying over the bar or in areas where my GK can aways parry de ball..
i think in maube 100 games i played so far ive only seen the cpu score from outside the box once, Elano.
I currently play on World Class, and when taht goal happen it was on pro, one of my first macthes...now on world class seems the CPU will never score from long range... :( they only score by headers and some rebounds... and this is getting annoying becasue im not affraid at all to let the cpu rack from outside thebox, which takes a lot of excitiment from the game.

Last edited:
Not a deal breaker, just a minor gripe, but why can't EA get player skin tones right? at least give us the option to edit players appearance

Fifa 09 + Adidas Live Season (All Leagues) purchased for PS3! I`m really enjoying the game!

One question: Can I somehow call good heading defenders like Vidic and Ferdinand to come up on corners?

Pretty sure you can't. This is one thing FIFA has never gotten right and one aspect WE/PES has over them this year (they have a dedicated menu for it). In FIFA people who come up to the box for corners always seem to be random, so you'll often see likes of Neville, Evra, Park, and Scholes in the box. Setting the team mentality to Ultra offensive might change things, but I think it is still very much random. If anything, I think it would bring up the defenders you'll have set the attack arrow to, which means they are most likely your side backs. You won't want that in most cases.

The most surefire way of doing this is to swap the forwards manually (since forwards will always be in the box) with the central defenders, and this is good idea for Man U since you won't want Rooney or Tevez in the box for headers. Very annoying to do over and over again for every set play, but I do it when I really need a goal.

Ok, so the Adidas Live Season only works with "online" mode correct?

After you purchase, it saves under your gamertag, so it will only kick in when you log into online games correct?

Also, the game comes with updated rosters correct?

Someone please answer me, JB???

Ok, so the Adidas Live Season only works with "online" mode correct?

After you purchase, it saves under your gamertag, so it will only kick in when you log into online games correct?

Also, the game comes with updated rosters correct?

Someone please answer me, JB???

nope J...
u can play offline friendlies with it too...
i know u cant play MM , but im not sure about custom tornaments...

u have a menu where u can disable it from each specific mode.

nope J...
u can play offline friendlies with it too...
i know u cant play MM , but im not sure about custom tornaments...

u have a menu where u can disable it from each specific mode.

Excellent! so you can disable this Adidas Live Season from friendlies, MM, etc...thanks again brunnoce.

One more for ya, are the rosters updated straight off the case? or do I have to download them online and save to a file?

Oh man...that's not what I wanted to hear. I'm gonna have to buy the PS3 version as well as the 360 version. I'd much prefer the 360 version for online and controller. Why EA, Why!!!

I would appreciate it if someone would PLEASSSSE! upload side by side vids of both versions showing the net animations on the same goal/nets. This would surely put this rumor to rest for me and help me save some money in the process.
Money?

So you'd buy the version just because it supposedly has different nets?

That's sad.

Money?

So you'd buy the version just because it supposedly has different nets?

That's sad.

why? some people like different aspects of different games. I would say your more sad for wasting your own time concerning yourself with someone elses joy with a certain part of a game

Back
Top Bottom