FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Yeah saw that last night mate.

I've been made captain of Newcastle Reserves in my BAP 1st season. :DD Playing CAM and had some good MOM performances and hit a few important goals.

I think you can if you set up the match. Im sure ive seen it in the menu's when choosing to set up an online match.

I wouldn't be complaining about it if that was the case.

If you read my post I'm talking about selecting "semi" not manual. You can force manual but no one plays it, therefore you have to play assisted to have a realistic chance.

See what I mean? All those options are pointless, they might as well have left it out completely. Just let anyone choose whatever they want because it would be the same situation we are in now.

Semi is perfect realism but you can't force it online, it's such a waste. As I said, online is ruined for me and I've just wasted a lot of money because I bought an xbox just for this game.

I wouldn't be complaining about it if that was the case.

If you read my post I'm talking about selecting "semi" not manual. You can force manual but no one plays it, therefore you have to play assisted to have a realistic chance.

See what I mean? All those options are pointless, they might as well have left it out completely. Just let anyone choose whatever they want because it would be the same situation we are in now.

Semi is perfect realism but you can't force it online, it's such a waste. As I said, online is ruined for me and I've just wasted a lot of money because I bought an xbox just for this game.

Well that sucks. Should be able to force semi, what a crappy decision by EA. Only thing to do about that is play friends of set up a list on here for those who play semi shooting and passing at least.

Why have they only given us 1 option for each like "Manual" and "Assisted" instead they should have listed each like Passing and Shooting and allowing us to change each and search for a match.

Why aren't Wales in this game,before you English ******** shout "cos they're shit" and Placebo says " try reading wales are shit thread " what the hells going on Fifa? England Scotland N.Ireland and Rep.Ireland.

Why aren't Wales in this game,before you English ******** shout "cos they're shit" and Placebo says " try reading wales are shit thread " what the hells going on Fifa? England Scotland N.Ireland and Rep.Ireland.

When have I ever said Wales are shit? And why the need to attack people? Fuck you.

so i had to replace my sixaxis controller, but all the stores i went to were out of stock. strange.
so instead of buying a third-party PS3 pad, i forked over a few more dollars and got the dualshock3.
i'm kinda glad i did, because it vibrates when the ball hits the uprights and crossbar.
the pk heartbeat vibrations are back in full-effect too. :)

just wished it vibrated on heavy collisions and tackles.

Exactly that,He always tells people to read up first and as i wasn't sure if it was already posted i tried to make a joke of it.Oh well.

Exactly that,He always tells people to read up first and as i wasn't sure if it was already posted i tried to make a joke of it.Oh well.

I can't believe Wales aren't there :SHOCK: thats crazy!! - why the hell are they not there?!!

Not that I am going to play with them much - but still!

Fucking hell EA. The game is ruined for me, playing on assisted is so bad it's untrue.

I'm sending my xbox back or selling it, what a waste.

Well that sucks. Should be able to force semi, what a crappy decision by EA. Only thing to do about that is play friends of set up a list on here for those who play semi shooting and passing at least.

It's a complete joke, it's the worst decision I've ever seen in a computer game. I only play online really so this just ruins the whole game for me. As I said above, if I can return my xbox I'm going to. Even if you know a few people who play on semi/manual what's the point, you'll be lucky to get one or two games a night.

Don't play on assisted then

I wasn't, but tried it because everyone else is using it which makes it completely unfair, I don't know why people use assisted, the game is shit with it. Pro Evo is probably better than assisted FIFA. It's not about winning, I would be happy just to play unranked every game but even there everyone is playing assisted.

And don't say play full manual because no one is playing full manual and you are lucky to string three passes together.

I wasn't, but tried it because everyone else is using it which makes it completely unfair, I don't know why people use assisted, the game is shit with it. Pro Evo is probably better than assisted FIFA. It's not about winning, I would be happy just to play unranked every game but even there everyone is playing assisted.

And don't say play full manual because no one is playing full manual and you are lucky to string three passes together.

Ahh I see!

It is annoying - Join our league. Alot of good people on that - mainly using semi and manual settings (there is a bit of a waiting list though). Get a few of us on your friends list and play us :DD

The CPU scored a great goal v me from distance. Elano 25-30 yards out and he just curls one into the top corner. It was brilliant and so good cos Elano was the one player who could do that.

That's a nice offer but one I'm probably not good enough being new to the series and two I don't think you should have to go to that much effort to get a decent realistic match.

It's offline for me and if I get bored of that the game is going in the draw and not coming out again.

That's a nice offer but one I'm probably not good enough being new to the series and two I don't think you should have to go to that much effort to get a decent realistic match.

It's offline for me and if I get bored of that the game is going in the draw and not coming out again.

Fair enough mate - We are here if you need us :DD

Not if you listen to Rob! :LMAO:
Haha :PP.

Nobody I have played has used manual, and I think most have been using assisted rather than semi too because every single pass seems to have been straight to feet. I use semi and quite a few passes get misplaced (probs because im Stoke).
As I don't know if the other person is using manual or not, I can't really take the risk of playing them with manual myself, as the advantage they get from it drives me insane. I have all but given up trying to beat people who use assisted on manual settings, it's pretty much impossible on 09. On 08 it was a bit easier.

If I get an AI teammate to pressure the opposition while I try and block a passing lane, the AI teammate doesn't tackle properly.
If I try and tackle the opponent with a player i'm controlling, the AI teammates don't block passing lanes and sometimes watch the ball roll right in front of them instead of taking it.

That means that in 3 or 4 passes, they can be from their keeper to their striker, with a one-on-one with a defender, and if they have a bit of pace then almost every time it's a goal (especially from assisted finesse shots across the keeper).

As the saying goes:
"If you can't beat them, join them"
I'm afraid I am having to do that now and play on mostly assisted myself, and it's a shame as FIFA is at it's best and most realistic when it's played on manual.

I may start up another league, with fully manual controls only, so we get some fairly realistic games and see who the best player really is :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom