FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

apparantly if you get red cards in 5 consecutive games you then play behind closed doors for a match with no crowd. Think this is in MM

I cant confirm it, but as soon as work is over I'll try it

apparantly if you get red cards in 5 consecutive games you then play behind closed doors for a match with no crowd. Think this is in MM

I cant confirm it, but as soon as work is over I'll try it
Hope it's true but it sounds like something I need to post another forum or 5 of my family members will die...

All these gripes about the online are really starting to get me down, lol. Is it really that bad. I usually only play 10 v 10 anyway for the same reasons I think that most of you dislike 1 v 1, but on that topic, does the 10 v 10 mode devolve once again into the opposition choosing two ANYs and just using the 2nd defender press all over the pitch?

I would not say its that bad but it is annoying, constantly playing goons that pick 'big teams', play on fully assisted, employ cheap tactics, on the verge of losing................then quit

Assisted should be done away with in all football games forever

Agreed, I'd rather not play a football game than play a football game on assisted. And don't get me started on people who score a long range goal on assisted and then think it's worthy of my time to look at a replay, score on semi/manual, then it's worthy of looking at.

are there any guides to help with long range shooting?

Ive been playing solidly since Tuesday and scored a few from outside the box but nowhere near got the score from 30metre achievement

imo semi and manual shooting are too hard. Almost impossible to score from 15+ metres using them. Which is why I am on assisted. Fully manual passing and long balls though :)). The freedom is superb.

With assisted you can just aim off the pitch, towards the sideline with the analog stick yet you get a shot placed right into the top corner a lot of the time. That is just stupid.

Haven't tried Legendary yet but World Class seems good, although a bit hit & miss. I get a lot of realistic performances from the CPU on one occasion, then the next time I boot up the game I'll play 6 games of MM and not one team will have more than 3 shots per match and always score at least one of them.

Even though I don't agree with you on assisted controls. This bit of information is very very helpful and is what I was looking for in this thread. Thank you Placebo.

To anyone else who uses assisted or manual/semi - please post any other links with tips on how to become successful using them. I've tried to use semi with shooting but I can never hit the target unless I'm at the penalty spot. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Shooting on semi is extremely realistic, the balance between shots that hit the target and shots that go miles/just wide is spot on, it's challenging as well which is what it should be. I've scored a few scorchers from distance as well so it's not impossible. Also, you rarely, if ever, see the same goal twice.

I'm adding a few random people from the forum in the hope of a decent match online so if you see a friend request from "irt3hown" thats me.

hey chris and placebo
i was thinking i have many sensible ideas that EA can add to the fifa franchise, do you know any way in which i can get in contact with people within the gaming industry, that may have connections with EA and the fifa franchise..
i am really passionate about this...and i have many ideas about how they can expand the fifa franchise and even any other football franchise for that matter and make it even more real life

thanks guys, reply back as soon as you can

Shooting on semi is extremely realistic, the balance between shots that hit the target and shots that go miles/just wide is spot on, it's challenging as well which is what it should be. I've scored a few scorchers from distance as well so it's not impossible. Also, you rarely, if ever, see the same goal twice.

I'm adding a few random people from the forum in the hope of a decent match online so if you see a friend request from "irt3hown" thats me.
I agree with you :)) I'll be adding you in a minute and I hope we can have some good games - do you use semi passing and crossing, and manual through balls and long balls too?

I have all semi with manual lob passes, however I use assisted through balls as it takes too long to power up. However if you are using manual through balls I will too.

Even though I don't agree with you on assisted controls. This bit of information is very very helpful and is what I was looking for in this thread. Thank you Placebo.

You're welcome, to be fair the links have been posted about 6 times in here, usually when someone asks for shooting help ;)

hey chris and placebo
i was thinking i have many sensible ideas that EA can add to the fifa franchise, do you know any way in which i can get in contact with people within the gaming industry, that may have connections with EA and the fifa franchise..

FSB will eventually do some kind of suggestions stuff, assuming the new site/forums will be working this century :)

FSB will eventually do some kind of suggestions stuff, assuming the new site/forums will be working this century :)

Placebo - on the topic of FSB, what's happened to the FSB post-release podcast? Chris Bauer last week hinted he was just about to record it. ("I'll try not to talk too much," he said somewhere.)

thats how WE/PES aways workd, and i like it, specilly cause i use the d-pad
Good for you, why should us who want realism be forced to play against people who like to play arcade mode? That's the problem here.

On a lighter note, just had a great game against Bobby, I somehow managed to win 1-0. I scored a good goal on the break then I was just hanging on, he hit the bar and my keeper made a double wonder save lol pretty nervous at the end.

Good for you, why should us who want realism be forced to play against people who like to play arcade mode? That's the problem here.

On a lighter note, just had a great game against Bobby, I somehow managed to win 1-0. I scored a good goal on the break then I was just hanging on, he hit the bar and my keeper made a double wonder save lol pretty nervous at the end.

It was a great game :DD

It is alot more fun when both of you are on semi/manual.

Sorry couldn't play a few more games - I have my parents coming around for dinner.

Definately play you in the future though.

i dont think this is an arcade x realism discussion, also im not going into the discussion why Ea dont put opitions so u can choos to play only agasint people who uses semi or manual settings..

i like to use asssisted also because i want my players atributes to influence as much as possible my shoots....the way i see on manual its 90% up to the user skill rather than the players atributes, and thats something that i dont like...so i rather hav it assited so i can cleary see diferences between players atributes, like good finnishes usually hit the far corners a lot easyer compared to weak players evan when u aim and set the power exactly the same with both..and thats what i want to see in my game...i dont call that arcade, i call simulation.

Now the online discussion you guys are having imo is another subject...which i could careless, since im not a big online player..i restrand my online game only with people i know...so i dont have any kind of problems of this sort.

.the way i see on manual its 90% up to the user skill rather than the players atributes, and thats something that i dont like.

That's wrong though, because with manual it's harder, therefore having good players makes a big difference because it increases your chances of scoring massively. With assisted, if you are in a certain position, it doesn't matter what player you have and what attributes they have if you open your body up and place it in the corner it's going in, and going in the exact same way every time.

You can make excuses all day but the truth is you aren't getting the most out of the game by using assisted.

Still, I don't hold it against people, that is their decision. What is wrong is that there is effectively no choice in the matter.

Fucking hell EA. The game is ruined for me, playing on assisted is so bad it's untrue.

I'm sending my xbox back or selling it, what a waste.
You should try playing other games as well.

There's dozens of amazing games on the 360 that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Now you might say "I'm a football fan and only like football games", give other games a try and you'll see that having a 360 just for Fifa isn't the best decision.

Is anyone else having points taken off them in BAP Online for nothing?

I make a pass and i'll get +Pass... Then a while later it will flash up -PASS then -POSITION then -DEFENCE despire me being in position, not making any passes and the other team not even attacking us so i cant defend.

Back
Top Bottom