FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

why? some people like different aspects of different games. I would say your more sad for wasting your own time concerning yourself with someone elses joy with a certain part of a game
Wasting time? It took about 20 seconds to quote the post and type the text, so it's not really a waste of time.

I would say that paying £40 or so just to see a piece of virtual fabric move in a different way when hit is pretty sad...
Oh well, some people get fun out of the weirdest of things...

Wasting time? It took about 20 seconds to quote the post and type the text, so it's not really a waste of time.

I would say that paying £40 or so just to see a piece of virtual fabric move in a different way when hit is pretty sad...
Oh well, some people get fun out of the weirdest of things...

When I get this game I want to challenge you for an online match and give you a good old Ass-Whoopin with net rippling in all it's glory for not minding your own business.

I'll spot you a goal too.

;-)

Has anyone else noticed that there are two different types of elastico? One is the normal one that was in 08, with the same upper body movement and the other looks more "lazy" with little upper body movement, I only players I have noticed who do this are Roberto Carlos and Dossena.

I wonder if any of the other tricks have different animations for different players.

I'm sure someone's noticed this but is anyone else a bit disappointed with the running animations this year? I'm still gonna buy the game as I can't get enough of soccer, and I've never wanted to play PES, but that's what I was reminded of the moment I played the demo. Why'd they go so crazy with the little kid/cartoon character running animations this year?

yeah its a variation of the elastico you do the reverse of the skill move for the hocus pocus really quickly to do it :)
No I know about that one, it's different. Try doing the normal elastico with Carlos in the arena, he does it differently ;).

No I know about that one, it's different. Try doing the normal elastico with Carlos in the arena, he does it differently ;).

Yeah. Ronaldinho ur such does a more advanced version of the elastico, while less skilled players does a simpler version. Skilles players move the ball further to the sides with the ball on their foot in the air, while "poor" players just make a tiny flip flap with the ball on the ground.

Do you know what's ridiculous? That it's possible to pressure the whole fvcking match. Just played a guy who had 5 of my 6 defending players covered with me having possession in my own box. And he could do it the whole match. It's just so unrealistic.

I won the game, but it's not much fun this way. And this is an extreme example, but almost everyone pressures all the time early on. It makes the game so much less realistic.

Never seen/tried it myself to constant press but I would guess the stamina will remain good because it only drops while sprinting right? Maybe it drops a very tiny bit when not sprinting but it can't be much. In real life, when you have high press you will get tired of the constant moving and chasing ball even if you're not sprinting and I think that this is not simulated in FIFA 09.

Tired players seem to have pretty good passing accuracy and shooting too. A tired player should be more penalised on its attributes imo, even other attributes like reaction time.

Do you know what's ridiculous? That it's possible to pressure the whole fvcking match. Just played a guy who had 5 of my 6 defending players covered with me having possession in my own box. And he could do it the whole match. It's just so unrealistic.

I won the game, but it's not much fun this way. And this is an extreme example, but almost everyone pressures all the time early on. It makes the game so much less realistic.

Yup, I hate playing guys that do this. I especially hate playing BAP when people just use the second defender shit and 2 ANY players all game. It's possible to beat (if you're not playing with randoms who don't like to pass) but at the very least their guys should get tired. The thing is the fatigue gauge drops to very low, but they're still able to run all match. EA caters their online game to little kids.

I am playing (on Profi) with a second Division Team from Germany and shooting (Semi) is way to hard. I can't score a goal from outside the box. Every shoot goes wide and/or over the bar or simple has not enough power (if i manage to hit the target).

If you play a good Team with good Players it works ok and you can score outside the box. But with weaker Players it is way to hard. So you be forced to pass the ball until you can find your way into the box. But with a bad team it is very difficult to get into the box too. I lost my last 5 games without scoring a single goal.

Playing with a good Team (i used to play with Bayern) i score 2-3 a Match. It is just with weaker Teams and that is frustrating as hell.

I am playing (on Profi) with a second Division Team from Germany and shooting (Semi) is way to hard. I can't score a goal from outside the box. Every shoot goes wide and/or over the bar or simple has not enough power (if i manage to hit the target).

If you play a good Team with good Players it works ok and you can score outside the box. But with weaker Players it is way to hard. So you be forced to pass the ball until you can find your way into the box. But with a bad team it is very difficult to get into the box too. I lost my last 5 games without scoring a single goal.

Playing with a good Team (i used to play with Bayern) i score 2-3 a Match. It is just with weaker Teams and that is frustrating as hell.

Im suffering with the same problem mate. Im using Luton Town on professional with shooting on semi and rarely do I score from outside the box. Even in inside their finishing is so appalling even with finesse that its either saved by the goalkeeper or goes wide. With teams like Liverpool or Arsenal its a completely different matter. But I suppose its realistic. We just need to get better at the game. :)

Ive just discovered something about this game for PES lovers who say its boring. Turn up the speed to fast, put it on world class, set everything to assissted and heh presto you have virtually same game as PES except with superior visuals and all the collisions and stuff..I use this when i want a complete arcade game of football

Im suffering with the same problem mate. Im using Luton Town on professional with shooting on semi and rarely do I score from outside the box. Even in inside their finishing is so appalling even with finesse that its either saved by the goalkeeper or goes wide. With teams like Liverpool or Arsenal its a completely different matter. But I suppose its realistic. We just need to get better at the game. :)

Glad im not the only one mate - it always help to share the pain :D.

Yesterday Evening i really was thinking i must be the baddest Fifa Player in History. I hope you are right and it will be better, if we manage to get better someday.

I mean it is still fun playing with such a weak Team. Every Match you need to fight your heart out. And it is great Joy if you manage to win a Match where all odds are against you. But sometimes the shooting is killing me. Sometimes i just feel i cant do any better and my player still miss the target (and yes you're right, even with finesse shots inside the box it happens way to often).

Last edited:
Just read a lot of topics in the official feedback forum. If EA listen to the consumers then FIFA 2010 will be shit. Sure there are some good feedback, but most seem to be about ruin the realism...

A lot of people complain about the bookings after advantage has been played, it's like they don't now anything about football at all. So frustrating to read it. I hope FSB makes a good list of good feedback that they value more than the kids feedback over there.

My two main gripes about the game are:
1) Most of the shots go in the GKs hands either it's me shooting or the CPU.
2) If a foul is made and the ball remains in your possession the advantage is given but after a second or so EVRY TIME the referee stops the game to award the foul! It's so frustrating...
On the other hand, when the same happens to the CPU controlled team that never happens. Advantage is played like it should have...
Is there any solution to this problem?
Cheers!

2) If a foul is made and the ball remains in your possession the advantage is given but after a second or so EVRY TIME the referee stops the game to award the foul! It's so frustrating...
On the other hand, when the same happens to the CPU controlled team that never happens. Advantage is played like it should have...
Is there any solution to this problem?
Cheers!

I was in a 1 v 1 game and in the last 20 mins of the match. I sent a ball through to Owen but the guy who passed it was hacked down. The game let me have the advantage and i ran on, chipped the keeper and as it was bouncing across the line the game pulled the ball back for the free kick.

So because I kicked the ball away it took that as i hadn't gained an advantage.

My patience has run out now. The same gripes that haunted 08 have come back again and now I cannot stop seeing them in my games.

I've got 2 MMs - one as Wycombe in Lg2 and one as Charlton in the CCC.

Wycombe was going ok, but I have the same problem as Chris - all the games are the same - but that said, it was enjoying it to a point.

The Charlton MM is horrible. The matches are pad-throwingly frustrating and EVERY game follows the same pattern.

1) Knock it around as 'thats the way to play FIFA'.
2) Try to dribble forward and have the ball nicked off your toes every time.
3) Try to play long ball - cut out by defender.
4) Try to get ball wide - every sort of cross cut out by defender.
5) Try to pass it around quickly - animations slow to react.
6) Shoot from distance - ball flies over.
7) Rinse and repeat every fucking game in a 46 game season.

The thing that really spoils FIFAs gameplay for me are the animations - and I'm not saying that as some graphic-whore-saddo. Let me explain!

The animations ARE superb and yea, better than PES blah blah - the problem I am on about is every pass has to go through the 'trapping animation' and in that split second, you can most likely lose the ball.

The right-stick trapping doesnt seem as effective - it either does nothing or if you hold it down, knocks it too far away. Same with long balls, you always see the jumping up chest animation where 9 times out of 10, the ball bounces 10 feet away from you.

This is one good thing with PES is that they have an animation that is organic to where the ball is bouncing. I.e. if its waist high, you might do a crouching header, if its bouncing up knee high - a jumping back heel etc.

Just means the game flows so much better as its not stop/start/lose ball all the time when building attacks.

There are (horrible) faults with both games, but I know I will play PES more, so FIFA is no redundant.

I'll be sticking on AVF tonight for around £30 as I'm off to Roots Hall now.

Wish I could like it - but hey, maybe FIFA 2010 :))

Let me ask you somethink cause i am going to get a ps3 especially for fifa.I've heard that online mode (1 vs 1) is much worse in comparison with 1 vs 1 in offline mode(responce times mainly).Is that true and whats the difference in those two if any?
I am interested in 1 vs 1 online mode and i think that i am gonna love 10 vs 10.

Let me ask you somethink cause i am going to get a ps3 especially for fifa.I've heard that online mode (1 vs 1) is much worse in comparison with 1 vs 1 in offline mode(responce times mainly).Is that true and whats the difference in those two if any?
I am interested in 1 vs 1 online mode and i think that i am gonna love 10 vs 10.

it really comes down to your and your oposion's conection speed.
ive had game that were jus like offline while some games everything felt heavy due to the bad connection.
the suggestion is to keep playing people from your country or area.

This game, online, is once again starting to irritate the hell out of me. Everyone uses the same teams, everyone seeming to get ludicrously lucky, playing for that one chance when your defender does something awesomely stupid for absolutely no reason. God sake.

Just started MM with Liverpool on world class. Man what a difference between playing with celtic on world class. In the SPL I had so much of the ball and could create plenty chances. In the EPL I am struggling. Played Fulham and drew 0-0 and created one chance. Played chelsea and lost 2-0. They beat me easily. Played Man City and lost 1-0. Again couldnt create much.

Online is ruined, ruined for me.

Why oh why oh why can you not force control settings to "semi". Every game I play is against some noob with fully assisted controls.

I'm off to complain to EA, what a shocking, shocking decision.

No one at all is using full manual, so it's basically play full assisted to have a chance or don't play online. *bangs head against table*

Im finding the refs to be really inconsistent, one match they will let some fouls go other matches they pull out red/yellow cards like they are going out of fashion

Why oh why oh why can you not force control settings to "semi". Every game I play is against some noob with fully assisted controls.

No one at all is using full manual, so it's basically play full assisted to have a chance or don't play online. *bangs head against table*

I hear yea, no one plays fully manual online...............I guess if you can't beat em join em

This game, online, is once again starting to irritate the hell out of me. Everyone uses the same teams, everyone seeming to get ludicrously lucky, playing for that one chance when your defender does something awesomely stupid for absolutely no reason. God sake.

go play unranked macthes m8..thats what i do, i had plenty of great games unranked...the noobs dont go ther...seems its motly people wanting to play with their real club(no more utd, barcelona and chelsea every single game) and just having a good football macth..no exploits or what so ever...

i can recomned a guy that aways plays with borussia munchengladba, i think i already faced him like 5 times, great games, pure football, no cheating or anoyances...i just cant remember his nickname, but if u bump into him on unraked macthes, expect a good honest macth.
thats on the ps3 btw

Completely agree. It makes the match unrealistically fast and 1 mistake means a chance for them.

wait a minute. I remember that someone wrote that the player is able to force the other to go manual.Isnt that true?

How do you play unranked matches? Ive only got play ranked,bap online,etc in the online menu.

wait a minute. I remember that someone wrote that the player is able to force the other to go manual.Isnt that true?

I think you can if you set up the match. Im sure ive seen it in the menu's when choosing to set up an online match. Although I could be wrong, havent even been able to find where to play an unranked match :lol:

Back
Top Bottom