eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

...which was the case in all previous years also. Yet the jump is significant this year.
Im not trying to argue here and pretend I know more than I do, but I bought it on the disc for exact reason to have a failsafe to go back to, after I heard disc version is so good
And I cant be the only one who did this.

I dont understsand the logic behind this.

Why the Disc version is so good compared to digital ?

Is It only because You can Go back to the original version instead of playing on the lastest update ?

I mean its the same game. I can understsand the difference between updates, I know damn well How Konami like to screw their mind own games, but I dont understsand why the Disc version would be better except for allowing to be played on the original version.

...which was the case in all previous years also. Yet the jump is significant this year.
Im not trying to argue here and pretend I know more than I do, but I bought it on the disc for exact reason to have a failsafe to go back to, after I heard disc version is so good
And I cant be the only one who did this.

I was under the impression that the updagate was this big only in our Evoweb circle and perhaps some similar message board like OS.. not really to the mainstream. But I could be wrong, of course. Certainly that 20% plus must be justfied by something.

Is It only because You can Go back to the original version instead of playing on the lastest update ?

I mean its the same game. I can understsand the difference between updates, I know damn well How Konami like to screw their mind own games, but I dont understsand why the Disc version would be better except for allowing to be played on the original version.

Answered your own question there mate.

Disc version allows people to play 1.0, nothing else.

So if you are a 'Gameplay Purist' as they like to call themselves, get a disc version and dont go online. If you are scum and like the dirty whore version 1.2, then go digital and dont look back.

Not sure how to answer this...
Seems like you answered the question yourself..
. I can understsand the difference between updates, I know damn well How Konami like to screw their own games
Lets take Pes19 for example and forget for the moment that Pes19 AI was broken beyond repair from the get go. Lets pretend AI was decent.
Pes19 at the start had ball freedom, very nicely balanced passing, visible fatigue, randomness and more error.
Along with patches all these elements were watered down, or disappeared completely.
I play Pes for gameplay, not Data Packs, not faces, not stadiums. If, while trying to find the right balance, they will water down all the good things that disc version has - as an offline player I will have no hesitation to delete the game and go back to the first version, which will keep me happy for a good while.

It's just bad coding IMO. It's a lazy way of ramping up the difficulty.

If I go out to the park to play football this evening with low morale and I'm tired, I still tap the ball into an empty net with ease. It's typical Konami BS when it comes to ML.

Well...
  1. Professional footballers also miss sitters, especially when run off their feet at the end of a game. Sometimes they literally just have bad days and sometimes when new to a club you see players making the wrong runs and never being found by passes due to it. So either you're super human, or you don't run yourself as ragged as pro's do.
  2. Again, you notice this issue, but I don't. I don't have issues that I can't attribute to my in-game play or out of match management. At the highest difficulty levels a huge portion of all video games 'cheat' in someway to keep the challenge there*. It's not bad coding or 'lazy' to do it really. It's just extremely difficult to create an AI that can compete on an even footing with humans. Calling a coder lazy in creating Ai when you don't have the experience of what coding AI actually involves is pretty ignorant.
*See games like the Civilization series, or most FPS games in existence. The enemy doesn't get smarter, they just develop faster than you possible can (Civ) or throw more numbers at you that have more health and deal more damage (FPS).

So if you are a 'Gameplay Purist' as they like to call themselves, get a disc version and dont go online. If you are scum and like the dirty whore version 1.2, then go digital and dont look back
I call myself Marty and I play 1.2.
But its nice to have a backup.
Simple as that.

Answered your own question there mate.

Disc version allows people to play 1.0, nothing else.

So if you are a 'Gameplay Purist' as they like to call themselves, get a disc version and dont go online. If you are scum and like the dirty whore version 1.2, then go digital and dont look back.

Don't forget that a lot of people who are complainig, are online players annoyed about how rebalanced gameplay affects the way it's played it online. It has empowered pressure whores and fast paced build up players a lot.

I don´t think I could go back to 1.0 after paying 1.2. The flow and how some situations happen is just amazing. Really enjoying it, and the challenge is always welcome, even though for me it might wear and I´ll have to go down to Top Player pretty soon. Still, a far more enjoyable game than the demo in my opinion.

I don´t know why people praise the possibility of sliders. To be honest, though it is a great idea and great adiction, it was one of the things that i hated about the other game. The option to change gameplay was awesome, but when I realised, forums and youtube etc were filled with slider versions, and instead of playing a straight career mode and having fun with it, I was constantly spinning my head looking for the perfect set. It´s literally a rabit hole, and even when you have a very good set, there´s always a specific match were things fall apart because of scripting.

You might say of course, "if you don´t like it, don´t use them", wich is true. But trust me, this leads to a community issue as well, because soon or later, people will be playing diferent "versions" of the game. And you may bet also, as soon as sliders come, Konami will stop listening to the offline comunity. After all, if you want a better experience, you can do it yourself with your beloved sliders.

Honestly, I hope Konami will never go that route. It leads to a total loss of identity, specially from now on, when it looks like konami have moved on the right direction.

Sliders are a form of gameplay customization on a global position. You can do the same type of customization on an individual position (players, tactics, difficulty, minutes, etc), but it's all about what value you get out of it. I understand the fear factor of the fact that KONAMI won't improve the game because it's now deferred to sliders instead, but by that logic, they wouldn't adjust anything at all and it would be called "XX.5" each year - even for the online players. I doubt that would get away with it.

Personally, the way I see it is that sliders introduce replay-ability. If they were there in the last 3 years of PES, you can guarantee I would've played an actual ML. Instead, I spent very little time enjoying both my purchases on the PC and PS4, completely experiencing a bore fest of animations and predictable passing drones. The last 3 years I've spent more time trying to fix their base gameplay, rather than enjoying a full ML. Oddly enough, the significant issues I tried to fix, have now made for a better game in PES 20. Thank goodness for Iniesta!

Sliders allow those of us who lose the majority vote to take ownership and try to fix things ourselves. So if Ronaldo's face and hair are a higher priority to KONAMI than the CPU not shooting in obvious positions, I'm at least able to make an attempt at trying to fix the latter. If that little change makes me want to play the game longer than 4 months, shouldn't that be considered a positive overall?

Is scripting a big thing in MyClub? Because I can't say I have experienced it at all in Online Divisions. Not saying it doesn't exist though.

Starting to get impatient with option files so had a look around last night.

(IMO, obviously!) Best one so far is the PESVicioBR v2, which is a combination option file (including the likes of PES Universe). Add this to the CYPES option file's licensed league updates to include things like rivalries, which is nice, and it's pretty good.

But still no real manager names in the PL and Championship, for example - and when you import all the kits etc. you've only got space for ~64 kits left, which isn't going to be enough for (when they arrive in PES Universe's V2, coming over the course of the next few weeks) MLS, J-League and the missing UEFA CL/EL teams.

However, I've decided I'm going to rename all the fake managers and just start an ML tonight with the above in place. It means fake American and Asian leagues but... Sod it. I want to start a new ML now. I'm getting fed up of Ligue 2 teams and the constant "pass from midfield to CB, CB takes a touch and smashes the perfect long ball to the striker, who chests it down, turns, runs, shoots".

Please tell me it's not like this everywhere...

Speaking of which, I was looking at @klashman69's tactics thread - great thread - and I'm wondering... There's no way I would apply them all by hand, just no way. But...

Is there any way that the PS4 .TED decrypt/encrypt tool and the Excel file that lets you edit the data could help with this? Have you seen this, Klash?

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2020-ted-editor-by-smccutcheon-new-release-13-09-19.80590/

Would you be interested in this method or only in creating PDFs? I'd offer to help but my (real-life) workload has just doubled and I'll barely have time to play as of next month...

Hey Chris. Try the new PESWORLD kits. Not all of the leagues are out just yet but if you are looking for 1024 kits for the EPL, they did a fantastic job.

Well...

1. Professional footballers also miss sitters, especially when run off their feet at the end of a game. Sometimes they literally just have bad days and sometimes when new to a club you see players making the wrong runs and never being found by passes due to it. So either you're super human, or you don't run yourself as ragged as pro's do.
    Again, you notice this issue, but I don't. I don't have issues that I can't attribute to my in-game play or out of match management. At the highest difficulty levels a huge portion of all video games 'cheat' in someway to keep the challenge there*. It's not bad coding or 'lazy' to do it really. It's just extremely difficult to create an AI that can compete on an even footing with humans. Calling a coder lazy in creating Ai when you don't have the experience of what coding AI actually involves is pretty ignorant.
*See games like the Civilization series, or most FPS games in existence. The enemy doesn't get smarter, they just develop faster than you possible can (Civ) or throw more numbers at you that have more health and deal more damage (FPS).
With the greatest of respect, PES is scripted in ML and has been for years. It's not just me that notices it. Look at the WEPES sub reddit. Every year there's loads of posts on the issue. Or Twitter, look:

Explain that?

There's no excuse for my players to behave the way that they do, game after game after game. It's bad coding - it's great that you don't notice scripting, I'm actually envious of you.

PES 2017, 2018, 2019 and now 2020, in Super Star, in Master League - is one of the most scripted, pre-determined, frustrating and rigid gaming experiences I've ever had.

Sliders are a form of gameplay customization on a global position. You can do the same type of customization on an individual position (players, tactics, difficulty, minutes, etc), but it's all about what value you get out of it. I understand the fear factor of the fact that KONAMI won't improve the game because it's now deferred to sliders instead, but by that logic, they wouldn't adjust anything at all and it would be called "XX.5" each year - even for the online players. I doubt that would get away with it.

Personally, the way I see it is that sliders introduce replay-ability. If they were there in the last 3 years of PES, you can guarantee I would've played an actual ML. Instead, I spent very little time enjoying both my purchases on the PC and PS4, completely experiencing a bore fest of animations and predictable passing drones. The last 3 years I've spent more time trying to fix their base gameplay, rather than enjoying a full ML. Oddly enough, the significant issues I tried to fix, have now made for a better game in PES 20. Thank goodness for Iniesta!

Sliders allow those of us who lose the majority vote to take ownership and try to fix things ourselves. So if Ronaldo's face and hair are a higher priority to KONAMI than the CPU not shooting in obvious positions, I'm at least able to make an attempt at trying to fix the latter. If that little change makes me want to play the game longer than 4 months, shouldn't that be considered a positive overall?

I´m not surprised you answered my post eheh.

I totally respect your work with sliders, your dedication is outstanding. Also respect everyone that prefers sliders, I understand the reasons behind.

But I also have an opinion, almost a certain, that sliders stop the overal evolution of the game. Yes companies still try to make better products, to keep selling, and we kinda win something on the way. But if Konami includes sliders on this game, most likely we will never see what they can do for it. By now, imho, Konami is doing something that EA has never ever achieved in terms of gameplay. I´m only curious of what they can build from now on. The problem is, they took too long to correct basic stuff, and even now it´s not perfect, but it´s getting there. Sliders won´t help in any way, as you will have the chance to correct some things, and screw others along the experiencing of each option, and if we already had sliders, I bet we would never see a version as good as what we have this year.

Saying PES isn't scripted is like saying Brexit isn't a farce.... :) the reddit post I saw with the ai controlled defender just leaving a ball that is right next to him so the striker could latch onto the ball and score sums up how bad the scripting is. To be fair though it's been scripted even since the golden days of PES.
:LOL:

@fregen hows the PA1 passing going? Did it improve a bit with power bar in mind? Still having issues with wrong pass receivers?

You know what, I have been playing PA0 these last days because I had enough of PA2-3 people. Will try it out soon though pal. :)

On a similar note though, this game can be so beautiful when you really concentrate and take your time, hold on to the ball that extra second or pass it backwards if you can't find the space directly. It's like your players suddenly becomes smarter.

Just finished my first season in ML bottom of Serie B 12 points adrift & was sacked!! This was on normal mode I might add.

This outcome was probably the most enjoyable part of the season!!, more realistic than the gameplay I've endured for 38 games that's for sure.

Just finished my first season in ML bottom of Serie B 12 points adrift & was sacked!! This was on normal mode I might add.

This outcome was probably the most enjoyable part of the season!!, more realistic than the gameplay I've endured for 38 games that's for sure.
Hats off to you for sticking with it for 38 games. I nearly threw my controller at the wall in my previous match.

PES isn't good for my health.

Hats off to you for sticking with it for 38 games. I nearly threw my controller at the wall in my previous match.

PES isn't good for my health.
I actually skipped the last game because I just couldn't endure it anymore & wanted to get to the transfer window........

Not sure I can go through this all again starting from scratch. It's just not fun at all.

I'm seriously considering deleting the update & option file & starting a new ML on version 1.00 in Brazil Serie B.

I actually skipped the last game because I just couldn't endure it anymore & wanted to get to the transfer window........

Not sure I can go through this all again starting from scratch. It's just not fun at all.

I'm seriously considering deleting the update & option file & starting a new ML on version 1.00 in Brazil Serie B.
dont consider! do it! :D
na really, give it a try!! you will miss on the AI improvements a little but other stuff like pace, physicality and R2 stance for "tacklings" (instead of X) are really nice in 1.0!!
and it did not take much time to delete everything and reinstall. seriously, please do yourself that favor and try it!
the 1.2 update is around 900 mb so that is downloaded and installed fast as well.
:BYE:

edit: not sure if i should start my 1.2 gaming session with the mates tonight playing on default 0 speed or -1! hm...

dont consider! do it! :D
na really, give it a try!! you will miss on the AI improvements a little but other stuff like pace, physicality and R2 stance for "tacklings" (instead of X) are really nice in 1.0!!
and it did not take much time to delete everything and reinstall. seriously, please do yourself that favor and try it!
the 1.2 update is around 900 mb so that is downloaded and installed fast as well.
:BYE:

edit: not sure if i should start my 1.2 gaming session with the mates tonight playing on default 0 speed or -1! hm...
I've deleted it all. Can't play something that gives me zero enjoyment and my god have I tried to get into this version over the last few days. It's just not the game I was playing every night leading up to release. Hats off to anyone that enjoys it.

Will play 1.00 from now on until maybe a patch can balance things out.

I´m not surprised you answered my post eheh.

I totally respect your work with sliders, your dedication is outstanding. Also respect everyone that prefers sliders, I understand the reasons behind.

But I also have an opinion, almost a certain, that sliders stop the overal evolution of the game. Yes companies still try to make better products, to keep selling, and we kinda win something on the way. But if Konami includes sliders on this game, most likely we will never see what they can do for it. By now, imho, Konami is doing something that EA has never ever achieved in terms of gameplay. I´m only curious of what they can build from now on. The problem is, they took too long to correct basic stuff, and even now it´s not perfect, but it´s getting there. Sliders won´t help in any way, as you will have the chance to correct some things, and screw others along the experiencing of each option, and if we already had sliders, I bet we would never see a version as good as what we have this year.

I personally see where you're coming from and agree in part. I think my opinion is born out of my old-fashioned sense of community, where we share experiences by playing the same game. However, with patching that notion is torn to bits anyway.

Saying PES isn't scripted is like saying Brexit isn't a farce.....

#ScriptingMeansScripting

Back
Top Bottom