eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

@Emroth remember we talked about this on 19,I claimed there was a close control?
Other people went off and said "it's no such thing"
Sorry, pal, but I will throw a curve ball into this discussion. I remember having this discussion and I had a theory (and some agreed) that Pes has close control, but back then we were talking about holding L1 (player switching), not Manual Modifier.. :LOL:

Sorry, pal, but I will throw a curve ball into this discussion. I remember having this discussion and I had a theory (and some agreed) that Pes has close control, but back then we were talking about holding L1 (player switching), not Manual Modifier.. :LOL:
Ahh,that's how it was.
Never screw up a good story with facts:)
You're on the shit list now sonny:)

Right. Headers as well. Every time you want to break the “force field”!

I thought so many times: why not give the option to enable SC all the time and SC button combo gives you the force field (turn it around).
And in regards to that: why not make the L2 the opposite so me as a fuma player can trigger PA1 passes with it.

Options. Gimme options Konami! :)
not sure what you meant here but i have my super cancel set at L2 & R2 - R1 is my manual modifier. I left the guides on in my video so you can see when i use the modifier and the advanced through ball (badly)

If you are on PA0 then you can do a low cross with just L1+Double Tap O (or just double tap O near the box) but if you hold L2 for the manual modifier then it now does a lofted cross...

It was useful for some kinds of passes (or even shots) when using PA1 last year, but now somehow no longer works...
thanks for the info

i have up to date transfers in pes 19, might hold on till near xmass at this rate and pick up pes when drops in price at this rate

thanks for the info

i have up to date transfers in pes 19, might hold on till near xmass at this rate and pick up pes when drops in price at this rate
If you are a mostly online player then I would avoid it for now...

Co-op still ruined by MyClub teams and bad matchmaking, and the general gameplay has shifted even further towards rewarding brainless 90 min pressure spamming, massive radius on auto tackles, reduced physicality/fouls and less responsive dribbling compared to the demo.

Offline the game is much better than 19, but online I'd say it's much worse... Disappointing after the demo showed some promising signs in this regard.

all in all your just another superstar brick in the wall
ezgif-1-7d6dd4ea8d91.gif

thanks for the info

this is just my opinion but I thought 18 and 19 were dreadful - loved 17 and this is better. I don't play ML due to time and do leagues and cups. It's a top game

I got some weird results in my European qualifying group

Lichtenstein - 4:1, 4:1
Kazahstan - 2:2, 1:1
Austria - 1:2, 0:1
Italy - 2:1, 1:0
Czech Rep. - 3:0, ?

I am using Georgia

First five games were in version 1.0, and the return games are in 1.02
So not only the same result, but the same goal difference in each game. And the nature of the matches was similar :CONF:
If now I beat the Czechs by three again, something is fishy. :FISH:

Did you pick the german team in team selection or did you scroll and pick user data at the bottom? As we transfer players to different teams to play like Master League online at proevonetwork.com, it works fine.

I picked user data at the bottom. I couldn't choose teams from the fake league, actually. Kits were there, but the players were fake, not my Master League players (which include of course a lot of players that I overwrote when creating the team).

this is just my opinion but I thought 18 and 19 were dreadful - loved 17 and this is better. I don't play ML due to time and do leagues and cups. It's a top game
i only play human vs human. online has been killed bys cripting and i cannot think of anything more boring than playing 1 player games(just my opinion)

19 was far better than 16-18 imo

Got the game yesterday, and only mustered about 2 matches due to time. Did a home and away as Torino vs Sampdoria.

Initial thoughts are...I didn't fall asleep like I had on 18 and 19. So, there's that.

The fact that the CPU makes errors is honestly enough to keep me focused and seek some form of enjoyment. I even caught myself trying to grab a defender, when instead, the ball had gotten free because the CPU made a terrible pass. I wasn't prepared at all.

The stadium camera is great, love that the Angle value actually makes a difference (I put it to 10). I also enjoy the variety by the CPU and them acknowledging the match scenario. I despise the keeper flying superman animation. It makes the game to be such an eye sore when you should be amazed of the save itself.

In terms of positioning, I think it's fairly good. There may be a bit of a gap from defensive line to midfield though, but it's nice to see you can lay siege upon goal and the banks well formed defensively. I do think there may be an issue with the defensive line though as it seems they are incredibly deep, especially relative to where the ball is. For example, the ball was on the half-field line, but the defensive line was already at the top of their own box. I've seen a lot of chances/goals come from this, which invites a direct pass with ease and turn to face goal at times.

Overall, I can see good things, but will need to do some exploring after a couple more matches.

Hey guys,

Did I prefer demo? Yes. I've said my piece to Konami it is what it is Im not going to cry about it like i used to. Game isn't bad though. It's not like previous years where the demo was leaps and bounds better than the final game. I am actually really enjoying ML, 15 min matches on top player. Top player in exhibition feels a little easy but I enjoy the upped challenge in ML. I play on stadium cam 5-1-4 and also try 5-1-1 if you like Fifa's tele cam settings so I play zoomed in and use the radar a lot. I feel this adds to the challenge. But I used to play on normal long cam on the ps2 days so I'm used to playing with a closer cam and glancing down at radar to try and spot things happening outside of my immediate view.

I always found wide cam you can see EVERYTHING. Even the default stadium cam settings too far zoomed out for me. You can see every run, every bit of space, everything, and I think that makes things easier especially since pes has a big pitch--just a personal opinion.

I am staying away from superstar. I have stayed away from it for years. Stats don't matter on superstar on the A.I. side. I was told by a konami member a few years ago that the japanese devs see superstar has a "challenge" rather than tactics/stats actually mattering. Which is why every superstar match feels like a chore.

I also find the dribbling and shielding better on top player. I feel like on superstar the dribbling with stars is useless and i also feel like i get pushed off the ball when trying to shield it 9/10 times. Top player is much better in this regard.

Adam knows too. He knows the game needs to be better balanced with the physicality shielding and more fouls. They are listening. If only he can get the devs to change their mindset on superstar.

Just when you think you are getting the hang of top player and you think "this is getting easier" bam I get hit with a 3 game losing streak and I didn't feel cheated like I always do on superstar.

I had a match vs Man City which I won 2-1 luckily and they had 52% possession and 17 shots (13 on target). Lloris was Man of the Match for me he was immense.

I had a match vs Man United. I was winning 1-0 felt in control. Changed my tactics to swarm the box, centering targets, long ball counter attack. Try to sit deep and close off the game late with a quick counter. Everything was setup perfectly, i won possession my guys were bombing forward on the counter attack and I had the numbers but flubbed a 1v1 dribbling move. They then countered my counter lol and had more men around my box as my guys were trying to run back in position and Man U found Mata with a little bit of space and buried it in the bottom corner in the 92nd min and I ended up with a 1-1 draw. My fault. Felt great.

For those that find top player too easy in ML, you guys clearly must be better players than me haha. Maybe I would find it easier on wide cam where I can see everything i dunno. But this is the first time in a long time I'm enjoying ML.

I know there is an inevitable patch coming. Hope it improves the game in certain areas.

Demo gameplay with improved A.I. would have sufficed for me. Anyway...

Would love to hear some of your ML stories!

Got the game yesterday, and only mustered about 2 matches due to time. Did a home and away as Torino vs Sampdoria.

Initial thoughts are...I didn't fall asleep like I had on 18 and 19. So, there's that.

The fact that the CPU makes errors is honestly enough to keep me focused and seek some form of enjoyment. I even caught myself trying to grab a defender, when instead, the ball had gotten free because the CPU made a terrible pass. I wasn't prepared at all.

The stadium camera is great, love that the Angle value actually makes a difference (I put it to 10). I also enjoy the variety by the CPU and them acknowledging the match scenario. I despise the keeper flying superman animation. It makes the game to be such an eye sore when you should be amazed of the save itself.

In terms of positioning, I think it's fairly good. There may be a bit of a gap from defensive line to midfield though, but it's nice to see you can lay siege upon goal and the banks well formed defensively. I do think there may be an issue with the defensive line though as it seems they are incredibly deep, especially relative to where the ball is. For example, the ball was on the half-field line, but the defensive line was already at the top of their own box. I've seen a lot of chances/goals come from this, which invites a direct pass with ease and turn to face goal at times.

Overall, I can see good things, but will need to do some exploring after a couple more matches.

First thing I did before I started ML was to turn off the Deep Defensive Line tactic for every team in edit mode that has it in EPL which is quite a few.

Adam recognizes issues, it's a good point. I would had loved see how 1.0 feel online, how people reacts to his changes.
Lot of streamers and youtubes're just ignoring and hiddind this, afraid to loose audience.

I just find really hard to trust what I'm playing after PES Team cutted off lot of freedom and make the gameplay more CPU drived.

As a gameplay purist I don't have any problem to keep with 1.0 version, play outdated teams and unlicensed teams.
At least, whatever do Konami with the next updates, those who like 1.0 will always be able to return back to it.

I haven't really had any frustrations with superstar in Exhibition its pretty much the perfect simulation as theres the challenge but slightly less issues with team spirit etc but I win the majority of matches. In ML there is this added layer of difficulty that you have to overcome initially but Im about 20 games into my season with Everton and sit in 3rd place. I beat defenders for pace with walcott, turn them inside out with bernard and Iwobi. Last game was against sheffield wednesday in the FA cup and I won 7-1 on superstar and it was ridiculously easy. It seems pretty balanced for me but it requires concentration, you cant half heartedly play on superstar in Master league.

use it a lot, best time is just as AI commits to tackle or body is in position to tackle shift it.. In my last broadcast in 2nd half of 2nd match sancho does it in the area to cut inside and shoot... Looks so good. 31mins in
what camera angle you using bro?

Did I prefer demo? Yes. I've said my piece to Konami it is what it is Im not going to cry about it like i used to. Game isn't bad though.
B, my main issue is that the whole "battle" on twitter seems to be Full patched Game Vs Demo. And we all know that Demo also had issues.
But no one mentions full disc version out of box, which, in opinion of many, is superior to both demo and full patched game.

I dont know if they are even aware that version 1.0 has such good response here.
It seems to be a happy middle ground in terms of the feel on the ball from the demo and more challenging AI from the full version. Fouls are the same on both.
AI just seems to be more aggressive and bloodthirsty on up-to-date version. And that is fine. AI should stay as it is.

But I dont think that Adams puzzle should be trying to analyse patch Vs Demo.
They should be wondering What was changed and lost in overall ball feeling between fresh out of the box version (which was polished Demo) and the latest patch. And try to balance it back this way.

And obviously balance referee, who is not punishing for bad tackles. Especially AI gets away with murder.

B, my main issue is that the whole "battle" on twitter seems to be Full patched Game Vs Demo. And we all know that Demo also had issues.
But no one mentions full disc version out of box, which, in opinion of many, is superior to both demo and full patched game.

I dont know if they are even aware that version 1.0 has such good response here.
It seems to be a happy middle ground in terms of the feel on the ball from the demo and more challenging AI from the full version. Fouls are the same on both.
AI just seems to be more aggressive and bloodthirsty on up-to-date version. And that is fine. AI should stay as it is.

But I dont think that Adams puzzle should be trying to analyse patch Vs Demo.
They should be wondering What was changed and lost in overall ball feeling between fresh out of the box version (which was polished Demo) and the latest patch. And try to balance it back this way.

And obviously balance referee, who is not punishing for bad tackles. Especially AI gets away with murder.

You are totally correct! Well said bro

lets pray 1.03 fixes the game although i doubt they will ever remove scripting again, its so obvious they dont want noobs to lose every game.

whatever happened to working hard to become a hardcore pes player?

Went back after some food with a clearer head. Played my next fixture which was Brighton at home.

14 shots on target. 70% possession. I lost 1-0.

Then the next game away from home in Europa league v Feyenoord. Loads of possession. 12 shots on target. I lose 1-0.

I don't mind it when it happens occassionally. But it's been EVERY single game since the Everton fixture, way back at the beginning of the season.

Played an exhibition game after all of this nonsense. Boca v River. It was beautiful, free and you couldn't feel the script/rails.

Clearly I'm getting old and set in my ways and can't keep up.
However, I'm enjoying my Master League (with the default crappy players, not real players) as Reading in the Championship, normal budget and transfer frequency, no transfers in the first window. Manual passing, default shooting and through-balls (rarely use the latter with manual passing anyway) on just Professional difficulty.
Early on was a real struggle. Using those typical players, I needed to play very defensively against any amount of real pace near my back line and goals were a fight to find space with limited dribbling, strength, balance and pace up top (at least in any meaningful combination!).

18 months in and I'm not yet frustrated (except for the occasional pass being ignore by the nearest player). First season I promised top 16 (lowest option offered as Reading) and managed 14th. This season I promised promotion (after 2 transfer windows I was cocky). I shuffled too much really and need to carefully manage my team spirit in order to have my players keep decent movement off the ball. I'm 6th at the halfway point of season 2 and only a few points off play-off spots.

No cheese. I am restricting signing my own youth as in season 2 they're a bit too good at 16 and already high team spirit combo (I want them to fix 'regens' sooner rather than later really) so makes the management game a little too easy.

I've lost/drawn games late on I should have held out in (mainly due to a defender dead on his feet letting a runner past). I've also won games in stoppage time due to concerted pressure.

People keep talking about scripting but I don't see it. I see my team playing better or worse based on the team spirit and players not yet used to my instructions being far less effective than regulars (Giois is still my most effective striker as the other 2 aren't up to speed yet, even though they've better stats). But I always feel like it's my fault (as the player, or as the manager) not the game fixed for the result.

Maybe this scripting kicks in at higher difficulty levels, I wouldn't know yet. Fingers crossed I don't get good enough at this to find out.

PS. I haven't gone above Professional for a few years since video gaming stopped being my primary hobby. However, I do remember the days of being one of the best PES 4 players in my online league on PC (using an amazing third party application overlay for matchmaking and so forth). I stopped playing Master League as it was far too easy on even the highest difficulty level and I did see 'cheating' in terms of player stats on the top levels which isn't what I won't from a game.

PPS. PES 4 was also the game with the broken lofted through-ball meaning Djibril Cisse was a beast as he was so fast :D

I’m having some friends over at my place tonight and we’ll be playing the full version first time together. I’m curious what they will have to say...
and then it’s Champions League time, wich will hook us into another match after that, I’m sure. :D

So this leaves no time for me testing the game in various ways. It’s just playtime tonight. :)
Btw: nothing beats local couch multiplayer, imo!! :D

Yeah, you can't relate everything with "scripting". Of course in ML mode the experience will be different than regular match due to the low Team Spirit in the beginning. I found generally my pass much harder to reach my player, and mostly they are not in the same wavelength.

Without sounding like a PES ambassador, to me that's always the nature of ML. It's not a mode that you can come to conclusion after first 5 - 10 games. It is a mode that demand you to be experimental and proactive and most important, require patience

In-game mate. The results have been pretty realistic that don't involve me. Man City top of the league, Spurs are second on my save, 11 league games gone.

That's something, at least. Midway through my season and the Scottish Premiership table is realistic-ish so far.

But worrying about the gameplay. I haven't experienced it yet but will keep a close eye. What has me concerned is the sheer disparity in some results on Top Player. I've been having some great matches against the better sides in the league and Europa League matches, but I'm blowing away some of the fodder in the league. Like, absolutely battering them. 6-0 and the like. It's an unrealistic swing.

fair opinion but i have to disagree!
low placed shots i do with R2 and shot button. hard low shots i do with just the shot button.
if you want video proof i can do that for you. no prob.
anyway... maybe its just wasting time. guess we are both cool even when disagreeing! :BYE:

edit: we'll get a lot of new stuff when the new engine arrives (one year later)! i'm pretty sure shooting mechanics will evolve as well. i'm looking forward to a whole new system rather than a revamp/polish of the current one.

Thing is though, you can only go so far with the power before the game turns it into a high shot, you can't max out the power bar and hit a low shot.

I have no clue why PES just won't offer analogue sprinting. I hate it being either 1 or 0. FIFA's analogue sprinting is more dynamic, responsive and just makes more sense. If only the default controls were on the triggers ..

They'd have to move sprint to a trigger to do that though, which I think is unlikely.

First thing I did before I started ML was to turn off the Deep Defensive Line tactic for every team in edit mode that has it in EPL which is quite a few.

I figured as much. We talk everyday and you didn't bother to send me that modified OF? I don't know if injuries happen or not, but I've now wished for your digital Sancho to suffer a case of turf toe. Enjoy.

Thing is though, you can only go so far with the power before the game turns it into a high shot, you can't max out the power bar and hit a low shot.

They'd have to move sprint to a trigger to do that though, which I think is unlikely.
correct!
the whole system is not perfect. and yes, i think a dedicated button input after you powered up the bar would work fine!

think i just make the best out of what is offered. thats my nature i guess. :D

@fefepes i saw him in a video one users posted today! so i guess he's in!
edit: yes, @hitmanuk did: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/e...hread-ps4-xbox-one.80779/page-94#post-3435021
at min. 31 you can have a look at "cutting edge/in" Sancho!

[USER=21611]@Matt10
man, glad you own the game now. gotta keep an eye on your twitter and evo comments! let us know!![/USER]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom