eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

it is possible. i do my low shots by just not putting to much power behind it/not filling the power bar! works very good.
You've very little control over it though. You should have a shot modifier, like the other game does. Yoy have no control over the shot power otherwise, you can't decide whether you want to a placed low shot or you want to absolutely smash it low. The game decides that for you with the current system, which takes away the feeling that you're actually in control of what you're doing.

The whole shooting system needs re-working from the ground up.

Still don't get this, L2 is manual modifier, and there is absolutely nowhere in any of the in-game controls that states L2 is a close control mechanic!?
I'm not saying it is officially an intended close control mechanic, but the manual modifier gives your players a lot closer and tighter control of the ball. It frees up the dribbling and allows you to make much sharper turns and changes of direction. Whether Konami intended it or not, it works well.

Starting to get impatient with option files so had a look around last night.

(IMO, obviously!) Best one so far is the PESVicioBR v2, which is a combination option file (including the likes of PES Universe). Add this to the CYPES option file's licensed league updates to include things like rivalries, which is nice, and it's pretty good.

But still no real manager names in the PL and Championship, for example - and when you import all the kits etc. you've only got space for ~64 kits left, which isn't going to be enough for (when they arrive in PES Universe's V2, coming over the course of the next few weeks) MLS, J-League and the missing UEFA CL/EL teams.

However, I've decided I'm going to rename all the fake managers and just start an ML tonight with the above in place. It means fake American and Asian leagues but... Sod it. I want to start a new ML now. I'm getting fed up of Ligue 2 teams and the constant "pass from midfield to CB, CB takes a touch and smashes the perfect long ball to the striker, who chests it down, turns, runs, shoots".

Please tell me it's not like this everywhere...

Speaking of which, I was looking at @klashman69's tactics thread - great thread - and I'm wondering... There's no way I would apply them all by hand, just no way. But...

Is there any way that the PS4 .TED decrypt/encrypt tool and the Excel file that lets you edit the data could help with this? Have you seen this, Klash?

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2020-ted-editor-by-smccutcheon-new-release-13-09-19.80590/

Would you be interested in this method or only in creating PDFs? I'd offer to help but my (real-life) workload has just doubled and I'll barely have time to play as of next month...

Still don't get this, L2 is manual modifier, and there is absolutely nowhere in any of the in-game controls that states L2 is a close control mechanic!?
It does mate, I spun in a circle without holding L2 and then done the same holding it, definitely a tighter turn although you see the arrow so it looks stupid, try it.

You've very little control over it though. You should have a shot modifier, like the other game does. Yoy have no control over the shot power otherwise, you can't decide whether you want to a placed low shot or you want to absolutely smash it low. The game decides that for you with the current system, which takes away the feeling that you're actually in control of what you're doing.

fair opinion but i have to disagree!
low placed shots i do with R2 and shot button. hard low shots i do with just the shot button.
if you want video proof i can do that for you. no prob.
anyway... maybe its just wasting time. guess we are both cool even when disagreeing! :BYE:

edit: we'll get a lot of new stuff when the new engine arrives (one year later)! i'm pretty sure shooting mechanics will evolve as well. i'm looking forward to a whole new system rather than a revamp/polish of the current one.

(IMO, obviously!) Best one so far is the PESVicioBR v2, which is a combination option file (including the likes of PES Universe). Add this to the CYPES option file's licensed league updates to include things like rivalries, which is nice, and it's pretty good.

But still no real manager names in the PL and Championship, for example - and when you import all the kits etc. you've only got space for ~64 kits left, which isn't going to be enough for (when they arrive in PES Universe's V2, coming over the course of the next few weeks) MLS, J-League and the missing UEFA CL/EL teams.

However, I've decided I'm going to rename all the fake managers and just start an ML tonight with the above in place. It means fake American and Asian leagues but... Sod it. I want to start a new ML now. I'm getting fed up of Ligue 2 teams and the constant "pass from midfield to CB, CB takes a touch and smashes the perfect long ball to the striker, who chests it down, turns, runs, shoots".

Speaking of which, I was looking at @klashman69's tactics thread - great thread - and I'm wondering... There's no way I would apply them all by hand, just no way. But...

Is there any way that the PS4 .TED decrypt/encrypt tool and the Excel file that lets you edit the data could help with this? Have you seen this, Klash?

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2020-ted-editor-by-smccutcheon-new-release-13-09-19.80590/

Would you be interested in this method or only in creating PDFs? I'd offer to help but my (real-life) workload has just doubled and I'll barely have time to play as of next month...
i tried that tool last year when i was creating my home team. i did not get i working properly...
i edited stuff on pc then the compiling and hex editing stuff f'd it up somehow...
but i would like to know that as well!
i applied the ManUnited tactic from @klashman69 last night. liked it. but yes, its time consuming to edit them all by hand. wish one huge OF (like PESworld or PESuniverse) would implement his tactics!! that would be perfect!

We shouldn't already be talking about next year - let alone two years' time...
you are right mate!
dont want to make a discussion out of it. got it!

I have no clue why PES just won't offer analogue sprinting. I hate it being either 1 or 0. FIFA's analogue sprinting is more dynamic, responsive and just makes more sense. If only the default controls were on the triggers ..

i play on manual too.Since 17 i just tap shot button for low shot. (just hit shot with very very small amount of power even from far away from goal).
Now, for the bellow i havent tried yet (hope i will be able to do it this afternoon), according to pesmastery.com
"On Basic Shooting Mode and Manual Shooting Mode, after pressing the shoot button, tap the Through Pass button immediately. The resulting shot will be low, along the ground. On Advanced Shooting mode, you can easily shoot a low shot by aiming for the bottom corner of goal with your left analog stick."

The reason this seems like a low shot is because it is a through-ball. 'Shoot then through pass button' is a new control this year that is a 'shot feint through pass', so perhaps works as a low shot but is actually a pass.

How long you guys took to be good to play in manual? Is really hard for me, I always got smashed when I play manual.

I have no clue why PES just won't offer analogue sprinting. I hate it being either 1 or 0. FIFA's analogue sprinting is more dynamic, responsive and just makes more sense. If only the default controls were on the triggers ..
I always turn analogue sprinting on in FIFA but forget to use it! I've always liked the idea of sprinting working like an accelerator in a driving came same with lightly moving the left stick to walk with your player. But the issue is implementing these things to feel like they have a use in these games - Like there's an actual benefit to mastering them.

I feel like it's the same issue we have with tackling. Yes you can hold :x: to just auto tackle and re-introducing the double tap tackling mechanic would be useless as there's no benefit to doing it unless they improve the foul count again to give you incentive to master the art of tackling - Otherwise why not just sprint into the ball carrier like a rhino and dispossess them with low effort and no consequence?

It reminds me of how in when playing a race in GTA Online, If you're losing all you need to do is ram the car in front of you from behind and they spinning wildly out of control losing their position and you don't slow down or suffer any consequence - you simply speed through the track like nothing happened. So there's no incentive to be courteous and sportsman like.

I know i went off from my original point about analogue sprinting but my sentiment is, There's no need to introduce advance techniques or mechanics if the game isn't going to be balanced to make them productive to use.

Reactions: ad_

The slots case is cause of PESuniverse v1 , i think. In their first version they tend to make the EPL and the Spanish logs kits been imported in Large format 2048x2048.
Also checked the CYPES OF this morning and the kits are 1024x1024 already from PC. I prefer those who are 2048 on pc and are imported as 1024, cause the quality gets shrink already and you keep some 2048 pkacebo in the small kits slots.
All in all KONAMI should either get rid of the current slots limit or force everything in one universal size ffs.

Ps: since they removed the option to choose which team gets replaced when importing TEDs, from others, those (me included ) who want to import a mix-and-match of OFs , in separate days and put some personal work must be extra careful. Affects only PEU-PLA-PAS teams and fake LATAM.

How long you guys took to be good to play in manual? Is really hard for me, I always got smashed when I play manual.
i play it for years and there is still some error. but i like that as real life football is about errors! :D
am i playing perfect fuma? no way! am i playing good fuma so i have a lot of fun! definitely!
dont give up buddy! practice, practice and then go to the training ground and practice some more! it is so rewarding when it clicks!
i can already see you posting here in the future: "man, i got my first win on professional playing fuma... and it felt so good/rewarding!" PRICELESS! ...i'm telling ya!! :D

I'm not saying it is officially an intended close control mechanic, but the manual modifier gives your players a lot closer and tighter control of the ball. It frees up the dribbling and allows you to make much sharper turns and changes of direction. Whether Konami intended it or not, it works well.
@Emroth remember we talked about this on 19,I claimed there was a close control?
Other people went off and said "it's no such thing"

I see here a great game,but the ai leave a lot to be desired it s like it doesn t wanna attack, or its regular difficulty i dont know,if anyone can explain to me why the game here looks great and feels great?

Greatly said,which is why i have no joy after scoring a goal,i feel like i was assisted all the way...

I know i went off from my original point about analogue sprinting but my sentiment is, There's no need to introduce advance techniques or mechanics if the game isn't going to be balanced to make them productive to use.

Spot on.

Did you pick the german team in team selection or did you scroll and pick user data at the bottom? As we transfer players to different teams to play like Master League online at proevonetwork.com, it works fine.
I think he wants to use the german players he downloaded via the option file(unfortunately it wont work).. From a fellow pen member

same with super cancel plus direction when in control of the ball, you can shift direction really quick and helps win free kicks
...with the risk of loosing the ball when sprinting! but i like that gambling factor! ah... i mean, risk and reward! have you ever run with the ball at feet and use SC!? :D
SC is such a nice tool! love it. i have some video samples that so show SC in such a nice way. you can really do a lot with it!

and i saved some footage that shows how beatiful you can press the AI so its forced to play a certain way. and on top of that there is human like AI behaviour by its own! a beauty at times! not all gold but shining so bright! :D

...with the risk of loosing the ball when sprinting! but i like that gambling factor! ah... i mean, risk and reward! have you ever run with the ball at feet and use SC!? :D
SC is such a nice tool! love it. i have some video samples that so show SC in such a nice way. you can really do a lot with it!

and i saved some footage that shows how beatiful you can press the AI so its forced to play a certain way. and on top of that there is human like AI behaviour by its own! a beauty at times! not all gold but shining so bright! :D
use it a lot, best time is just as AI commits to tackle or body is in position to tackle shift it.. In my last broadcast in 2nd half of 2nd match sancho does it in the area to cut inside and shoot... Looks so good. 31mins in

Back
Top Bottom