eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The best OF in the world, PESWORLD is finally released.

Meant to ask earlier: what's the difference between this and PES Universe?

How unrealistic is that though?
Can't believe Konami allow such ridiculous things to happen in a game that's supposed to simulate football. CELTIC making the Champions League group stages! That's a gamebreaker for me.

I tend to find the best thing to do when thinking about slagging Rangers or Celtic is to delete the message, put your phone or tablet or laptop on a fire and just run away. It's better than facing the wrath! :D

Just won my first game all manual on superstar in international cup. 1 nil down with a minute to go until half time Henderson in the box.. Penalty.. Dispatched by kame. 2nd half corner Dier rises above to power home. Hold on until final whistle. I'll upload in a bit. Oh and lots of crosses from AI, long shots and none of these turning shots

I agree mate, like I said, stadium cam makes it even more slow, no chance you could say it's fast on that cam, maybe on dynamic wide, but still no near too quick.

Also different stadiums play different speeds, day time generally plays faster, but also different rhythms to different leagues (I think, not totally sure about this last one)

As an old school pes (always pro to me) player I’m glad to see there’s a community still going after pesfan.

Have to say this is the best version of pes in years. It had that old school feel from ps2 days where it felt horrible and not as good as the last version but slowly as you got to grips with it it all started flowing and feeling great. Had some fantastic games offline, still will never trust konami for online so don’t touch it. As always with pro evo it’s all about the subtleties in the gameplay.

I’m getting fouls a lot more now, is that a coincidence? The balance of players is great and how you have to think about how you receive a ball with certain types of players. Individuality like the good old days

Master league remastered is a bit of a cop out. A few inconsequential cut scenes aside it’s the same game

Has anyone noticed the refs whistle? Man oh man that was so annoying and high pitched and in your face. It was going right through me to the point it made me not want to play as ridiculous as that sounds but played today and it’s been toned down 10000%

Everyone should watch sponny pizzas in youtube where he compares demo version vs final version. Good analysis.
Ps is it true that in demo 1.0 version long shot s outside the box are impossible?

Turned it off on disgust. Utter garbage. I've got half a mind to go to trading standards. I was sold on the demo after initially telling myself I'd stear clear after the abomination that was 19. Totally disgusted.

Is there any more manager animations in game other than ‘encouraging clap’ and ‘disappointed at a near miss then put thumbs up’?

Has anyone had Castolo Jr appear in their master league or was that a photoshop?

The CPU is just really docile on 1.0. For me, that's a huge downside.

yep. demo is absolutely same engine as retail, but with shitty old pes AI. the retail AI is way way better than what I expected(or got used to) that I started seriously play ML again this year. In last couple years I couldn't because how awful the AI was.

Question regarding manual shooting vs advanced. I've always played with manual shooting as I thought it allowed for more freedom but I've heard that advanced gives more shot variety (ability to shoot low) and control in shot type/aim? What are people's thoughts on this? I gave advanced a quick go last night and it seemed quite good..

the fact the AI has improved a lot this year and the theme of the game is tight defending, breaking teams down has ope

deserved to be fair he always released better work than their official stuff not that i take much notice of trailers unless its the first one of the new game

Question regarding manual shooting vs advanced. I've always played with manual shooting as I thought it allowed for more freedom but I've heard that advanced gives more shot variety (ability to shoot low) and control in shot type/aim? What are people's thoughts on this? I gave advanced a quick go last night and it seemed quite good..

I'm pissed off that konami removed the low-shot button from the game so I do find myself playing 'advanced' a couple of times a year just so I can do them again. However, it doesn't last long because I find it too restrictive and not as rewarding as manual. I don't mind hitting shots out for throw-ins occasionally!

OMG, what a game I had! who said that you couldn't dribble past defenders..my last game now vs Brighton a 4-1 win (biggest win yet) scored a goal with bernadeschi, after beating my defender with a simple timed left stick flip and running past him all the way into the box..then a real banger from guardado,feinted the defender and smashed the ball in from about 18-19m..seems that the left stick touch alone, does wonders and you really can beat players when timed right.

Last edited:
for me it is the best pro evo ever,i cant stop playing,i am an online player and i havend touched it because playing
offline feels amazing
i was smartass and took the GK!he punish me good!
a random moment that i liked alot!
that celebretion put a smile on my face!
I wish Konami copy some of EA GK flying save animations.. goals will feel much better.

I've only played the ICC, Super Cup and 2 league games so far. But I did see Bonucci upfront in a few attacks and thought wtf was he doing there? I tried to think of reasons why, but they weren't set pieces.

Yeah it happens in any elimination match in a knockout competition so it'll happen in the Super Cup. And it's the single worst part of BAL that ultimately turned me away from it. Was Juventus losing when you saw Bonucci forward? Was it tied?

Because when it happens in game, the AI will just throw a CB up front. It won't change formation or try to compensate for having one less defender. So if it happens, counter attacks are almost guaranteed goals.

What makes it worse if a knockout match is tied, both teams would send a CB up front. How does that make any sense?

From 2017 to 2018 to 2019, I noticed it would happen earlier and earlier. If it's still happening in 2020, then I'm honestly disappointed. And I won't be playing BAL in 2020 whenever I get it.

Because without cup football I may as well just play league mode. What's the point of cup matches if the winner is decided by whoever is leading early in the second half because the losing team's AI is shoot itself in the foot with this move.

Ha, I thought I was the only one doing the "BAMLL" mode! That's good to hear! How are you feeling about your teammates AI on 2020?

I haven't got the game hence why I was curious. Although I am curious about AI behavior in general. I'm waiting for a sale before I grab it myself

Yeah it happens in any elimination match in a knockout competition so it'll happen in the Super Cup. And it's the single worst part of BAL that ultimately turned me away from it. Was Juventus losing when you saw Bonucci forward? Was it tied?

Because when it happens in game, the AI will just throw a CB up front. It won't change formation or try to compensate for having one less defender. So if it happens, counter attacks are almost guaranteed goals.

What makes it worse if a knockout match is tied, both teams would send a CB up front. How does that make any sense?

From 2017 to 2018 to 2019, I noticed it would happen earlier and earlier. If it's still happening in 2020, then I'm honestly disappointed. And I won't be playing BAL in 2020 whenever I get it.

Because without cup football I may as well just play league mode. What's the point of cup matches if the winner is decided by whoever is leading early in the second half because the losing team's AI is shoot itself in the foot with this move.

I haven't got the game hence why I was curious. Although I am curious about AI behavior in general. I'm waiting for a sale before I grab it myself
We were tied. Lost to them in pens. It was very random how it happened yea.

I've watched a ton of videos and very few people seem to have really got the hang of the game. It has issues as mentioned such as fouls and definitely Player switching which always seems to be shit on release every year. But so many people, even experienced pes players seem to be having a very hard time.

I realized i have to if i get time do some videos helping people adjust. I won the EUROS with Holland, i did take me 7 attempts to beat fucking Denmark an 4 attempts beating Poland however i completely understand the game now, it has very few bad exploits, i mean i did eventually annihilate Denmark 5-1 but thats because Cup matches are still broken, the AI goes all out attack in the second half around 60 minutes if they aren't winning then the game becomes an easy mess.

Right! Congratulations to Weeden. Now can we get Konami to sign one from the community in the UI departnent. Oh..and Sound design too.

On a side note. Has anyone downloaded the fifa20 demo. Tried it yesterday, got to give them credit, the presentation, sound, atmosphere is simply top notch. But..but...Jesus Christ...what the hell happened on the pitch... couldn't play for more than 10 seconds. Deleted it.
I'd rather play fifa 16 -18 than the new one and that's saying something.

There really isn't any way to shoot low shots on manual right?

I know there was a workaround to use L2- passing for low shots before but that it was a bit too powerful (or the game wasn't designed for it to be used a shooting- thingy so keepers never saved them...) and you couldn't use it from far out.

Back
Top Bottom