eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

the pace is good now, it's a quick game but not fast enough to make it feel like ping pong, besides that is helped by the new first touch that is not perfect each time.
Agree - the pace is perfect.

This is the best football game I’ve played in a LONG time. I never play football games this religiously anymore yet I can’t put this down, it’s so addictive.

It’s full of flaws but PES has always been full of flaws.

Question: what happens if I edit a fake team into a ‘real one’ but I’ve already started a Master League? Anyone know?

Agree - the pace is perfect.

This is the best football game I’ve played in a LONG time. I never play football games this religiously anymore yet I can’t put this down, it’s so addictive.

It’s full of flaws but PES has always been full of flaws.

Question: what happens if I edit a fake team into a ‘real one’ but I’ve already started a Master League? Anyone know?
You mean take RB yellow green and edit into "Real Betis"?
You can do all edits except it's tactics.
Just like you can edit players appearances but not stats (scanned players is a no go though)

You mean take RB yellow green and edit into "Real Betis"?
You can do all edits except it's tactics.
Just like you can edit players appearances but not stats (scanned players is a no go though)
I mean, the fake European teams. What if later down the line a 'complete' option file appears and I want to replace the fake teams with real ones (which add players etc.) How's that work? I don't want to play a ML save for weeks on end and end up having to start a new one.

I posted this video earlier in the Master League Adventures thread but thought I'd also share it here because it filled me with happiness. I play on Super Star AND this is the Master League remember so it's always harder. Anyway, you couldn't score this goal in PES 2019, 2018 etc (or at least, I never did) because the CB would turn into Usain Bolt and catch you every single time.

Not today...

So my 1st session today followed a bit of reading on here and was convinced, absolutely convinced, that the game would fall apart for me and I would start seeing things, feeling things, that a few on here are saying is bust or whatever with the game.

That simply hasn't happened. At all.

I kept my eyes on player reactions in defence, positioning, the works, and not one single time did I see an obvious bug moment, or indeed feel any when in control.

As for the claim the AI only attacks one way and always does the turn and shot. Saw that only when it was the right thing for the AI to do, or more like if I gave it the time to do so. It should be a thing the AI does and it does, but only if I am caught out or I balls up. That's just realistic.

I think I read someone has never met a cross or won a header from one. Saw that happen a fair bit for me.

I definitely read strikes with the outside of the boot are non-existent. Castledine performed one in my first match today, and there were more after that.

This game is deceiving. It looks like an enhanced PES2018/2019 but the demands are so different. I'd go as far to say that the demands in play are the best it has ever been in a football game, so far as trying to adhere to realism goes. There are caveats as a result but it does work and does make sense over time.

This game demands recycling of the ball if players are marked and it slows to a crawl. It is just like football in that when that happens it can be frustrating and your eagerness can get the better of you. Finding I am getting more of a feel when taking on a man is truly on. It is more than just getting an opponent in isolation and trying to wrong foot and sprint past them quickly. Everything says move the stick and really drive after that initial burst but the opposite is what is required if an opponent player stays with you; you get that first burst past the man but if he turns and matches your movement you need to not push the stick towards the ball, but actually pretty much release the stick so as your player uses their body to hold off that attention, then look to drive forwards again. Shielding isn't just a static, twisty-turny thing, but something you need to do when on the sprint too, and the game isn't going to do that for you if you have sprint + direction held as you are giving up strength for speed in doing so.

Lovely read..And absolutely right..Ball retention..Pro-ding/probing..Building/working the ball for a opening..

This doesn’t alter between version..The passing,dribbling and physicality mechanics do and it’s telling...

Still a good game..But what made it amazing has been slightly lost imo..

Does anyone notice a change in the gameplay when playing with live updates turned On?
hqdefault.jpg

I mean, the fake European teams. What if later down the line a 'complete' option file appears and I want to replace the fake teams with real ones (which add players etc.) How's that work? I don't want to play a ML save for weeks on end and end up having to start a new one.
You can edit those teams in to whatever teams you want,even after a started ML,but not tactics though,whatever tactics you set now will only appear if starting a new one.
If you import a complete OF later on,they will overwrite your edits,unless those are exactly what's on the OF

If you want the changes to players to have effect you must start a new ML. Or else you can continue, if you don't mind ending up with a Paco Alcacer playing as Goalkeeper.

So, here's my take in all this:

I loved the Demo (1.0) and couldn't stop playing it despite it's passive AI and unbalanced foul system. The final build however took a while to adapt. Players felt a bit more tight and not as loose as the demo. Physicality also felt more tight and shooting felt slightly tweaked. The AI also felt more aggressive and depending on who you are facing. In the end, and after so many games pushing the gameplay in all areas to test and comparing to the demo, I have finally adapted and I am enjoying this masterpiece to no end.

It's a fantastic game!

The demo felt a bit more loose where the ball and players felt free. However, the final build is just as great. The nuts and bolts for the final version have been tweaked and tightened. But, the gem is still there manifesting in all areas of gameplay.

If they left the game as is and untouched, I would be perfectly fine with it. If they went in there with a patch to loosen the bolts a little in certain key areas such as the foul system, physicality, player movement, etc.. I would also be perfectly fine with it.
In the end, it's a win win for me personally.

For those who have enbraced this beauty, enjoy it lads!

might have just played the best game I have played on PES for years in my ML serie B save on superstar

drew 3-3 with Cremonese at home I went 1-0 down after 25 mins didn't get a sniff of their goal and got so frustrated I just went for it set it to attack, pressing them until my players died (which will later backfire) and I was 3-1 up by half time I played so good ripped them to bits and played some fantastic stuff especially my 2nd goal a diving header

2nd half it all fell apart I literally hammered them just couldn't get a 4th there was hitting the post and goal mouth scrambles and their gk pulling off double saves then I go and mess up hitting my clearance to weak in a panic giving the ball away 3-2 then a great goal for them 3-3

then there were fouls flying in everywhere and a couple of rare yellow cards and I still went for the win leading to a counter with them through on goal so I chopped him down and got a red but hung on for the last 15 to take a point with nearly all my players on red bars

One thing bugs me, for years whenever we tweated any feedback/complaints about the videos of early PES and even after the demo...the answer was "you cant/shouldnt judge it based on a video/so soon/this is not the final version/etc"....but now 1 week in after the release of the demo, people come in and cry because they did not want to learn the new foul system and asap there was the official statement from Konami that the foul issue will be addressed.

I mean.

Exactly!

So it's all about WHO complains, rather than ABOUT WHAT.
If the MyClub/YouTubbers/Influencers complain, then they're happy to go and change it, re-arrange it, tweak it and patch it.

But when it's us.... the old farts... the offline guys, then it becomes "an impossible task to please everyone. So yeah, we're picking the former group".

I had 7-8 free kicks in my ML game Vs Brescia,three of them were outside the box,really surprised me since I had a low count most other games.

The thing about updates is that KONAMI is not trustfull. Its like they cant resist the pressure of the general audiance (myclub players) and always end up making backwards steps, changing small things in gameplay that makes a world of difference, everything is done tô please that majority, wich has gameplay prrference different to their own original vision.

They CUT few frames of animation for the sake of "smoothness" response controle, wich is Just an excuse to have 100% non human robot reaction times defying physics, they reduce fouls risk wich is quite possible the biggest cause of unbalacrment wich estimulates a completrly non tatical and unrealistic form of defending, with zero FairPlay, requiring no sense of positioning, and, tô top ALL that, they increase an already Very assisted passing assistance and the result is a 5 years old with zero realism and challengjng, ALL to please the online community.

With that in mind, I Will buy the game for sure this Year, but the Disc version. I did not know updates were oniy an obligation on the digital version.

Fuck updates, man

PS4 standard, digital version, patch 1.2 and pes universe OF
A29EA544-AA07-47C6-BB2C-4A79C73465ED.jpeg
League mode, first old firm derby, notice the fouls, particularly Rangers playing as AI. One of those fouls was out on the wing, subsequent free kick lobbed in for Edouard to head the equaliser. Very tight game as you can see, but full of action as Rangers went all out attack the whole game.

FEE1F10F-F997-456F-88B3-2B09662BE8B7.jpeg

Champions league match day 3, the first of the ‘double header’. Eden Hazard, gets a straight red card, first time I have seen that in pes since about 2013, where an AI player gets his marching orders. It was a forward’s foul too and 10 mins later the player he tackled sat down on the pitch and had to be subbed, wow!

92F2D486-3E6E-4B32-83BF-D7F3B521F118.jpeg
The final score after another rip roaring game. Hazard banned for the return match, I hope to at least draw again, or even sneak wee 1-0 home win and qualify out of the group that has these five star lot, a four stars benfica and 3 star trabzanspor in it.

As you can see from the stats and results, the standard digital version with patch 1.2 really does have hidden depths once you get into it.

So far I am loving it, and for the first time in a decade I bought on day one, and so far not regretted it.

Update:- Playing at professional level with a mix of assisted and manual shooting, not quite made my mind up about that yet.

Last edited:
I don't understand those saying it's a bit too fast on 0 speed. I'm playing ML with United on Stadium cam and it's really slow, sometimes it almost feels too slow,sluggish..tried one game on dynamic today and it felt immidietly faster..but still good and maybe a feeling of better responsiveness.
For you who don't play on Stadium cam, adjust it like me and you will love the pace if you look for a slower game.

Anyway, My session today begun with a derby win vs Man city 1-0..tough game, had only 2 shots but managed to scrap a victory. After that I suddenly couldn't win for 5 games in a row..had a really good game vs west ham 2-2..my last game though was fantastic..Aston villa scored 1-0 in 70th min but I managed to do a complete turnaround, Scored 2 goals on stoppage time and won 2-1..Amazing game! I'm about 15 games in the season..had already 5 injuries and one penalty which came in my third game..I see a good amount of fouls aswell, depends on which team you face but it's pretty ok.

Its like they cant resist the pressure of the general audiance (myclub players)

It could not be more far than truth.
MyClub is EVERYTHING what myClub players DO NOT WANT.
They are not casual fifa players, but all tryhard mofos, who would sell their grandma for a win.

Paradox is that everybody there want slow, possession game..and blah, blah ..simulation and so on.

And EVERYBODY plays directly opposite.

Spamming and using 4 CB`s.
Why?
Because they are forced to. People are addicted to it, and want to win.
And the game mechanic in myClub mostly rewards shitty play.

It could be the best mode/game ever, but somehow it is not :)

I don't understand those saying it's a bit too fast on 0 speed. I'm playing ML with United on Stadium cam and it's really slow, sometimes it almost feels too slow,sluggish..tried one game on dynamic today and it felt immidietly faster..but still good and maybe a feeling of better responsiveness.
For you who don't play on Stadium cam, adjust it like me and you will love the pace if you look for a slower game.
It’s not too fast at all. Play PES 3 and 5, they’re faster than this and people love them games.

Agreed, on zero it's very good, I've had both faster and slower games depending on the context and I totally love it, I certainly prefer it this way compared to having one only rythm for them all.

View attachment 20027
League mode, first old firm derby, notice the fouls, particularly Rangers playing as AI. One of those fouls was out on the wing, subsequent free kick lobbed in for Edouard to head the equaliser. Very tight game as you can see, but full of action as Rangers went all out attack the whole game.

View attachment 20029

Champions league match day 3, the first of the ‘double header’. Eden Hazard, gets a straight red card, first time I have seen that in pes since about 2013, where an AI player gets his marching orders. It was a forward’s foul too and 10 mins later the player he tackled sat down on the pitch and had to be subbed, wow!

View attachment 20028
The final score after another rip roaring game. Hazard banned for the return match, I hope to at least draw again, or even sneak wee 1-0 home win and qualify out of the group that has these five star lot, a four stars benfica and 3 star trabzanspor in it.

As you can see from the stats and results, the standard digital version with patch 1.2 really does have hidden depths once you get into it.

So far I am loving it, and for the first time in a decade I bought on day one, and so far not regretted it.

Update:- Playing at professional level with a mix of assisted and manual shooting, not quite made my mind up about that yet.

How unrealistic is that though?
Can't believe Konami allow such ridiculous things to happen in a game that's supposed to simulate football. CELTIC making the Champions League group stages! That's a gamebreaker for me.

View attachment 20027

View attachment 20029

View attachment 20028

Completely agreed with you as well. There is ton of depth and I feel like we barely scratched the surface. It's almost a miracle to see a game like this after 2019.

It’s not too fast at all. Play PES 3 and 5, they’re faster than this and people love them games.
Yeah, those games were ultra fast compared to this. Especially on Stadium cam, it's almost too slow sometimes and people want it to be slower, would be like playing completely in slow motion. Dynamic cam gives you a bit quicker feeling, passing goes quicker, maybe even prefer that but want to give stadium a chance, feels more fresh.

Agreed, on zero it's very good, I've had both faster and slower games depending on the context and I totally love it, I certainly prefer it this way compared to having one only rythm for them all.
I agree mate, like I said, stadium cam makes it even more slow, no chance you could say it's fast on that cam, maybe on dynamic wide, but still no near too quick.

How unrealistic is that though?
Can't believe Konami allow such ridiculous things to happen in a game that's supposed to simulate football. CELTIC making the Champions League group stages! That's a gamebreaker for me.

Ha! :BLEH: Well they have done it several times before ya know, even won the big cup once before too with 11 guys from Glasgow.

Never been done that way since, where all 11 players came from the city/town the club belonged to.

Maybe one day the Scottish game will rise once again and we will have a team or two that can bag a Euro trophy like Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have all done in the past.

Until then we can dream like in PES and FIFA :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom