eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yep, go into your ML game, click on save team data. Then create a friendly lobby game online and click load team data then when selecting teams scroll to the bottom and pick your ML team, think called edit data.

I tried that but I get the original (fake) players and not my Bundesliga players I use for my ML. :(

There really isn't any way to shoot low shots on manual right?

I know there was a workaround to use L2- passing for low shots before but that it was a bit too powerful (or the game wasn't designed for it to be used a shooting- thingy so keepers never saved them...) and you couldn't use it from far out.
Weird thing is if you play advanced shooting and then try a manual shot they all seem to be low. I think it’s a bug. It’s really frustrating you can’t shoot low on manual.

I don't know if it has been reported officially to developers, but the referees animations in game are completely broken down this year. The only sign they make by hand is the advantage, they do not lift a hand the whole match. Especially if you play at nighs with volume muted, yoi have to take guesses about goalkucks/cornerkicks or which side takes the throw in.

Has Konami removed the option of having 3 separate formations you can cycle through with the d-pad during a match? Normal, attacking & defensive?

I can't seem to work out how to set it up in the formation screen, am i missing something or have they removed it? (Im not talking about fluid formations) . Any help would be great, cheers.

Has Konami removed the option of having 3 separate formations you can cycle through with the d-pad during a match? Normal, attacking & defensive?

I can't seem to work out how to set it up in the formation screen, am i missing something or have they removed it? (Im not talking about fluid formations) . Any help would be great, cheers.
It is there dude. Game plan screen, left—>right, 4th Option support settings/switch preset tactics ->ON

Last edited:
Just about to wrap up my first season in ML after nearly quitting the game complety halfway through.
I'm bottom of Serie B & 10 points adrift of the nearest team with two games to go. Only 5 games won (3 in a row at the very start) and I went on a losing streak midway through the season of around 14 games in a row. It's been absolute torture to play.

Hoping things improve but it hasn't been much fun & not sure how much more BS from the CPU I can take. They are like a brick wall defensively and just push you off everything with no repercussions, never have I been so frustrated playing a football game.
Team spirit is also disgustingly over the top at rendering my players complety useless.

I'm praying some new signings will make things improve in the pitch.

Why does the AI immediately get everyone back in the box to defend as soon as you get the ball, even in your own half?

Turn off deep defensive line in advanced tactics for every team. Most prem teams have it on by default it makes them sit on their goal lines

I am importing some Ofs now. Is the option to pick on which team you will apply the .ted file removed? It was the first box of three . :BLINK:

Right! Congratulations to Weeden. Now can we get Konami to sign one from the community in the UI departnent. Oh..and Sound design too.

On a side note. Has anyone downloaded the fifa20 demo. Tried it yesterday, got to give them credit, the presentation, sound, atmosphere is simply top notch. But..but...Jesus Christ...what the hell happened on the pitch... couldn't play for more than 10 seconds. Deleted it.
I'd rather play fifa 16 -18 than the new one and that's saying something.
its the first fifa demo i have enjoyed. it really hits home how bad pes sound is when score a goal and the commentary. even the walk out seem so much better

the game is best ive seen it too,scored goals like dortmund do in real life with sancho

that said i dont know how fifa players can do without manual pass or off the ball runs, i played pes demo immediately after and it lacks everything from presentation view but think the on field gameplay is still better in terms of freedom(something lost in 1.2 by most accounts)

on pes i scored amazing goal with ronaldo where he plucked a cross out the air behind him with his outstretched heal and then turned and scored in one motion. and the crowd was so muted. fifa is louder when someone gets a yellow card ffs

konami need to removing scripting and step up their audio game, wish we could still do custom chants

What do you guys have your transfer frequency and negotiation difficulty set too?

When disabling 1st transfer window, that’s suppose to just impact the August window right?

Reason for asking is I disabled, got to January for winter (2nd transfer window) and only transfer listed were ones I made. Does disabling 1st transfer window mean CPU teams don’t make transfer between windows?

I’m on like January 5th and this is my first PES game/Master League

Just about to wrap up my first season in ML after nearly quitting the game complety halfway through.
I'm bottom of Serie B & 10 points adrift of the nearest team with two games to go. Only 5 games won (3 in a row at the very start) and I went on a losing streak midway through the season of around 14 games in a row. It's been absolute torture to play.

Hoping things improve but it hasn't been much fun & not sure how much more BS from the CPU I can take. They are like a brick wall defensively and just push you off everything with no repercussions, never have I been so frustrated playing a football game.
Team spirit is also disgustingly over the top at rendering my players complety useless.

I'm praying some new signings will make things improve in the pitch.

I agree im doing a serie b too on superstar im sitting around mid table and the AI defenders are cyborgs and team spirit destroys your players first touch but im currently up to 74 now and its improving slightly im starting to score more it does get a bit better the way i played vs cremonese showed me how great this game can be when your teams on form and scoring first is usually the key it opens teams up

i keep it tight first of all and try take the 1 or 2 chances I get being clinical but have to be prepared for the last 20 mins when the AI ramp it up try not to kill your players and use subs always

plus think one day you will crack the game once you master it and you might miss the struggle when it was a challenge

oh of course, if you are saying king is back its cool, say the opposite and you are a geek that needs to get out of the house

brilliant
So even a light hearted comment works you up, eh? It's like you want someone to break into an argument.
Unnecessary comment mate.

I'm pissed off that konami removed the low-shot button from the game so I do find myself playing 'advanced' a couple of times a year just so I can do them again. However, it doesn't last long because I find it too restrictive and not as rewarding as manual. I don't mind hitting shots out for throw-ins occasionally!
i play on manual too.Since 17 i just tap shot button for low shot. (just hit shot with very very small amount of power even from far away from goal).
Now, for the bellow i havent tried yet (hope i will be able to do it this afternoon), according to pesmastery.com
"On Basic Shooting Mode and Manual Shooting Mode, after pressing the shoot button, tap the Through Pass button immediately. The resulting shot will be low, along the ground. On Advanced Shooting mode, you can easily shoot a low shot by aiming for the bottom corner of goal with your left analog stick."

Seen a few comments on low shots. I only started with PES 2011, but always recall the power bar being more of a height meter and the power of the shots coming from the context of ball to player positioning etc. If you run from midfield towards the box and give the button a slight tap, it should give you a driven low shot. If you are standing relatively still and press shoot with a little tap it probably won't be that powerful, but still low in trajectory.

With manual settings, it should still apply - although you might have more control over power than you do with assisted.

Of course, player stats will come into play here as well. Just read mj23's post...didn't know that about the extra button press but worth a try.

I agree im doing a serie b too on superstar im sitting around mid table and the AI defenders are cyborgs and team spirit destroys your players first touch but im currently up to 74 now and its improving slightly im starting to score more it does get a bit better

plus think one day you will crack the game once you master it and you might miss the struggle when it was a challenge
Yeah i don't want it to be easy. Got my team spirit finally up to around 74. What annoys me the most is the sluggish nature of my players running on to passes & the absolute cheat mode defensive A.i that, despite being the wrong side of a ball will magically come up behind you instantly, make you stumble and waltz off with possession.

It's absolutely infuriating. I've lost count of the times I've been clear of a defender & they are on you like flies around shit barging you in every direction until you lose it.
Those lovely little animations of players shrugging or pushing an incoming defender/player away that were present in the demo are almost non existent now. Always favours the CPU.

Yeah i don't want it to be easy. Got my team spirit finally up to around 74. What annoys me the most is the sluggish nature of my players running on to passes & the absolute cheat mode defensive A.i that, despite being the wrong side of a ball will magically come up behind you instantly, make you stumble and waltz off with possession.

It's absolutely infuriating. I've lost count of the times I've been clear of a defender & they are on you like flies around shit barging you in every direction until you lose it.
Those lovely little animations of players shrugging or pushing an incoming defender/player away that were present in the demo are almost non existent now. Always favours the CPU.

i hear you i have been disgusted at times how its cheated me one in particular vs juve stabia their defenders were brick walls then finally i find a gap but my player takes the worst first touch ever from a simple slow pass to his feet then his slow ass animations let them steal the ball

if it was rare id cope fine but some games the cpu end up with 25 interceptions and 16 tackles basically all in the last 3rd because my players slow down i have noticed an improvement with team spirit i hope once i hit the 90's area it starts to act like exhibition games

There really isn't any way to shoot low shots on manual right?

I know there was a workaround to use L2- passing for low shots before but that it was a bit too powerful (or the game wasn't designed for it to be used a shooting- thingy so keepers never saved them...) and you couldn't use it from far out.
it is possible. i do my low shots by just not putting to much power behind it/not filling the power bar! works very good.
and i love my daisy cutters, thats for sure!! :D
dont give up!
Why do Konami still think cup matches are played at neutral venues? Haha, it's so ridiculous you can't do anything but laugh.
yeah, right!
when i played my first round dfb pokal match with Union Berlin against Düsseldorf, we played at the allianz arena in munich. hm...
i just made up a story and was good! :D "we had to move the game there because our own stadium is to small for that event! we need more money!" :D
Seen a few comments on low shots. I only started with PES 2011, but always recall the power bar being more of a height meter and the power of the shots coming from the context of ball to player positioning etc. If you run from midfield towards the box and give the button a slight tap, it should give you a driven low shot. If you are standing relatively still and press shoot with a little tap it probably won't be that powerful, but still low in trajectory.

With manual settings, it should still apply - although you might have more control over power than you do with assisted.

Of course, player stats will come into play here as well. Just read mj23's post...didn't know that about the extra button press but worth a try.
THIS! it works! nothing to moan here on fuma! :)
its more a height bar than a power bar!

edit: i updated to 1.2 last night again... and played the same cup as i did with 1.0 before. you can see and feel how the AI is improved compared to demo and 1.0. and so nicely improved...
(on a side note: i played against Midtjylland in my first cup match and when they where counter attacking and put one in, i (ManUnited) was stunned! i tried so hard to equalize but it did not work out. and Midtjylland stepped it down to def blue 1 and played the ball around in the back! soooooo AWESOME to see that human like behaviour form the AI!!!) really a positive difference to 1.0/demo!! and as i played the same match on 1.0 before i could smell, feel and maybe even eat the difference!

same time the speed is faster so i tested 1.2 at -1 game speed last night! gonna give it some more matches to be sure (as if thats a thing you can ever achive with PES ;) )!
so it all seems like the same over and over again every year... they do speed up animations... pace gets a tad faster... i need to slow down speed to -1. but its ok if it works.
on demo and 1.0 i could play 0 game speed. just saying...
:BYE:

edit: i dont want to get on your nerves with the build discussion but i think its important to talk about it. if its to much... ill let it go, cause i can, cause im happy! :D

Last edited:
So even a light hearted comment works you up, eh? It's like you want someone to break into an argument.
Unnecessary comment mate.
you want to troll and get away with it, anyone responds and you want to accuse others of looking for an argument

classic trolling to be fair, not original but you do you.

on pes 19 pressing power bar only a little results in low shots, even from outside box

is super cancel fixed online in pes 2020 anyone confirm?

Back
Top Bottom