eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

On my master league with Deportivo. Superstar, PA1.
First 5 games, five wins, top of the league, 11 goals for. Thinking I might up the difficulty or go to manual. Loving it though.
Next 7, beat every single game, 7 losses on the bounce. Talk of Lofa ( Lothar) not having what it takes and the games miserable haha.
Nothing to do with getting beat, a lot.:THINK:
I can understand different opinions though because if My last 7 games were my first 5, I would be questioning this game. Fortunately I still have the taste of the first 5 and need to get the rhythm back.

On a side note. Tried Klashmans tactics with City v Arsenal. Really enjoyable, thanks. I didn’t enjoying playing with city before but it made the team very close to the the actual player movements.

...with the risk of loosing the ball when sprinting! but i like that gambling factor! ah... i mean, risk and reward! have you ever run with the ball at feet and use SC!? :D
SC is such a nice tool! love it. i have some video samples that so show SC in such a nice way. you can really do a lot with it!

and i saved some footage that shows how beatiful you can press the AI so its forced to play a certain way. and on top of that there is human like AI behaviour by its own! a beauty at times! not all gold but shining so bright! :D

I know you're practically doing this on purpose but... :BLEH:
What the hell is SC?.
Is it super cancel?.

It definitely works, I've been using it myself and have had it used against me a few times too in myClub.
Not like it used to. You have to almost immediately press R1+R2 as soon as you initiate the pass/shot so it's a pre-meditated move.

In 18, 19... Pretty much any other PES actually back to the PS2-era, you could super cancel a pass/shot until the very last moment. Now if you're too late then the original action will happen anyway, just with a longer animation.

and MyClub?... :PUKE:

There is a life outside them four walls man

Keep safe!

Was that really necessary?
Please don't.

its the first fifa demo i have enjoyed. it really hits home how bad pes sound is when score a goal and the commentary. even the walk out seem so much better

the game is best ive seen it too,scored goals like dortmund do in real life with sancho

that said i dont know how fifa players can do without manual pass or off the ball runs, i played pes demo immediately after and it lacks everything from presentation view but think the on field gameplay is still better in terms of freedom(something lost in 1.2 by most accounts)

on pes i scored amazing goal with ronaldo where he plucked a cross out the air behind him with his outstretched heal and then turned and scored in one motion. and the crowd was so muted. fifa is louder when someone gets a yellow card ffs

konami need to removing scripting and step up their audio game, wish we could still do custom chants

If you could *just* not compare PES with FIFA on this Thread (you can use this one instead), that'd be wonderful.

Had a nice super cancel moment as well days ago. Will share it:

Don't how appreciable is by video, but live it felt so satysfying to beat the defender this way.

Bonus clip: lovely goal by cpu in my friendly Milan-Inter. Swear it completely felt life-like (and luckily I managed to capture it with the live replay.. must remember to always launch Fraps before Pes):

Yeah I figured.
But what did you mean by this:
let me break it down in 3 parts (bet there is more usage for that).

a loose ball, you run towards it (breaking the magnetic field by using SC) to have the player take another route to it (not straight line). thats the most common use for me when getting to a ball and the opponent is in the way.
and then when you are near the ball, keep holding SC...! :D try to collect the ball with SC. thats the second thing i do. sometimes i let go of SC and just use R2 to close collect it or take it in another direction.
and another thing is: when having the ball at feet, just walking with it, try holding SC and see what happens (keep on walking... it will become sprinting and...)!

it really can add so much with different outcomes/situations (sometimes even triggers animations i havent seen or not that much before).

let me break it down in 3 parts (bet there is more usage for that).

a loose ball, you run towards it (breaking the magnetic field by using SC) to have the player take another route to it (not straight line). thats the most common use for me when getting to a ball and the opponent is in the way.
and then when you are near the ball, keep holding SC...! :D try to collect the ball with SC. thats the second thing i do. sometimes i let go of SC and just use R2 to close collect it or take it in another direction.
and another thing is: when having the ball at feet, just walking with it, try holding SC and see what happens (keep on walking... it will become sprinting and...)!

it really can add so much with different outcomes/situations (sometimes even triggers animations i havent seen or not that much before).

OH! Yeah... I use super-cancel all the time in those situations. And also for headers. I find it very effective to win the position and get to the ball first.

But I don't think I've tried the last bit of your post. I will keep that in mind next time I use SC, PT.

The script in Master League is ruining this for me. Ruining it.

I love this game. But master League is becoming a chore. The CPU has decided the outcome for most of these games already! It’s a joke.

Exhibition games it’s beautiful, it’s loose and unpredictable. But I can’t just keep playing friendlies. Every time I turn to Man Utd save I just get angry and gaming is supposed to be fun not frustrating.

OH! Yeah... I use super-cancel all the time in those situations. And also for headers. I find it very effective to win the position and get to the ball first.

But I don't think I've tried the last bit of your post. I will keep that in mind next time I use SC, PT.
Right. Headers as well. Every time you want to break the “force field”!

I thought so many times: why not give the option to enable SC all the time and SC button combo gives you the force field (turn it around).
And in regards to that: why not make the L2 the opposite so me as a fuma player can trigger PA1 passes with it.

Options. Gimme options Konami! :)

I love this game. But master League is becoming a chore. The CPU has decided the outcome for most of these games already! It’s a joke.

Exhibition games it’s beautiful, it’s loose and unpredictable. But I can’t just keep playing friendlies. Every time I turn to Man Utd save I just get angry and gaming is supposed to be fun not frustrating.

I haven't started a ML yet.
But @shawminator told me the scripting in it is disgusting, at its worst levels.

(and luckily I managed to capture it with the live replay.. must remember to always launch Fraps before Pes)
Pretty much all modern GPUs allow you to set a replay buffer using the hardware video encoding. The simplest options are Nvidia ShadowPlay or AMD ReLive (depending on your GPU) but with a bit more tinkering OBS is the most flexible.

I have mine set to record the last 20 minutes when I press a hotkey combo, so I can grab the live gameplay footage (of the whole match) retroactively if something worth recording happens.

In any case, I'd recommend other programs such as OBS over Fraps anyway - that hasn't seen an update since 2013...

Not like it used to. You have to almost immediately press R1+R2 as soon as you initiate the pass/shot so it's a pre-meditated move.

In 18, 19... Pretty much any other PES actually back to the PS2-era, you could super cancel a pass/shot until the very last moment. Now if you're too late then the original action will happen anyway, just with a longer animation.

Personally I've not really used Super Cancel in recent editions so I've not really got anything to compare it to mate but it certainly works online. Somebody was spamming the hell out of it in my first came to dummy it through my defence and tear it to pieces. I personally use it mainly for winning balls in the air because without it nine times out of ten your defender just automatically get's stuck behind the player it's going to.

And yeah, myClub is my go to. Not really bothered with much offline unless it's with friends (exhibition or a master league with a mate), online is my go to which is myClub. Great mode IMO which needs a few more additions. Obviously some horrendous players on there that spam the same boring stuff with world class teams and exploit any hole they can find but you get them in almost any game online.

Is it all in-game? What about CPU results? I'm midway through my first season and haven't experienced those magical results that manufacture the league outcome.

nope but me and my cousin use it to make sharper turns in pes 19 too

I'm not saying it is officially an intended close control mechanic, but the manual modifier gives your players a lot closer and tighter control of the ball. It frees up the dribbling and allows you to make much sharper turns and changes of direction. Whether Konami intended it or not, it works well.

Cheers guys, this could be massive, I used FIFA's equivalent L1 for close control dribbling during my 11 seasons on Career Mode earlier this year and it was essential to keeping possession.
The insane pressure from COM players on Top Player and above makes it very difficult to keep hold of the ball, hoping L2 can help with this.

Hello, I switched this year to PES, FIFA player since FIFA10.
I would like to know which OF is the best and better for you guys, to install on my PS4?

Thank you

See you are critisizing the scripting,which is why i cannot buy this game to play exhibition matches

ML is extremely frustrating this year for me and I will likely be switching to a regular league soon.
I started on top player with Parma, did alright, some wins, draws, losses, and then the game just seemed to decide that fun time was over and shut the door. Couldn't win, couldn't even score. Dropped down to Professional. Same deal, OK at first, then the door shut. I am now back to basic shooting on professional and maybe manage a win in every fifth game. Gervinho hasn't scored a single goal, he is almost always on but it's like the man is cursed, always blasts it wide or straight into the keeper. 90% of headers are soft ones that float just over the bar in the same arch every time. I have literally scored once from a corner and that was with manual shooting. I get a few headers in open play and they are fun but when the failed ones always look the same it drains the fun out of it. Players have an uncanny ability to just fire directly into the keeper, even when I try finesse shooting. Long rangers are always poor. Manual passes are often perfect but then the game just decides I meant to pass the ball to a guy standing 10 yards away instead, making player switching frantic and annoying.
Now this last bit I need to test better in normal play but the rest of the issues were pretty much non-issues before I started Master League.

thanks

what about offline? is super cancel normal there?

and has bhatti acknowledged its something that needs to be patched?

See you are critisizing the scripting,which is why i cannot buy this game to play exhibition matches
dont forget scripted online too
whcih like pes 19 leaves us with just human vs human and tbh way too many halftime/last min goals in that mode(played over 1000 games with my cousin or close this year) that make me think it is in HvH too.

why cant they just let best man wins?!

One plain difference between Master League and regular games is wing play. It is often quite relaxed on Professional difficulty, I would even say too relaxed, playing a non-ML game. Getting up there is quite easy and you will get your share of crosses in. In Master League, the opposition will hound your ass and murder it when going up the wing, on the same difficulty level. Just take that bloody team spirit and throw it in the garbage, Konami, and make all modes play the same.

Personally I've not really used Super Cancel in recent editions so I've not really got anything to compare it to mate but it certainly works online. Somebody was spamming the hell out of it in my first came to dummy it through my defence and tear it to pieces. I personally use it mainly for winning balls in the air because without it nine times out of ten your defender just automatically get's stuck behind the player it's going to.

And yeah, myClub is my go to. Not really bothered with much offline unless it's with friends (exhibition or a master league with a mate), online is my go to which is myClub. Great mode IMO which needs a few more additions. Obviously some horrendous players on there that spam the same boring stuff with world class teams and exploit any hole they can find but you get them in almost any game online.
Me and @fefepes are on about the functionality allowing you to fake passes/shots with it, not the movement of players off the ball... This is objectively broken compared to 2019 and previous iterations. Same as L2+L1+Double tap O now not doing a manual low cross - no idea how they've managed to break stuff that worked fine last year.

And MyClub a great mode?... lol
I already have almost an entire 90+ rated team having never played one match of it. No sense of progression and every match online would be the cheesiest PA3 100mph joke football imaginable with all the most overpowered players. Pretty much the antithesis to what I'd consider a "great mode". Whatever floats your boat I suppose...

thanks

what about offline? is super cancel normal there?

and has bhatti acknowledged its something that needs to be patched?
Never seen any acknowledgment of it, and yes I think it works fine offline.

You can play a full league as well, no transfers of course, but it's still fun and no sign of the dreaded team spirit. Also, all or most of the cups are in there as well. so it replicates a season quite nicely. Or just play World/custom Cups. They may not justify a purchase, but this frequent talk about the game only being good in Exhibition matches is just plain wrong.

Me and @fefepes are on about the functionality allowing you to fake passes/shots with it, not the movement of players off the ball... This is objectively broken compared to 2019 and previous iterations. Same as L2+L1+Double tap O now not doing a manual low cross - no idea how they've managed to break stuff that worked fine last year.

And MyClub a great mode?... lol
I already have almost an entire 90+ rated team having never played one match of it. No sense of progression and every match online would be the cheesiest PA3 100mph joke football imaginable with all the most overpowered players. Pretty much the antithesis to what I'd consider a "great mode". Whatever floats your boat I suppose...

Never seen any acknowledgment of it, and yes I think it works fine offline.
WTH low cross dont work anymore either?!!!!

I haven't started a ML yet.
But @shawminator told me the scripting in it is disgusting, at its worst levels.

It’s really bad. It was fine in my for my first 3-4 matches, I was loving it. All of a sudden, since my league fixture v Everton, my players feel like they're running in mud. ALL of them. I've rotated the squad, only played players in form - I've tried everything. The CPU decides I WILL lose and that's it, I can't do anything about it.

Top Player is a little too easy now i'm used to the gameplay mechanics so I can't drop it down a level. Super Star in ML is the most scripted BS I've ever seen and I'm about 11 matches in now. My Team Spirit is 79 which is good enough but I'm getting nowhere first. I can't string two passes together at times. It's gone from enjoyable and organic feeling in exhibition games to utter frustration. And I don't really want to play any of the other modes for an entire year. So, I'm at a loose end now. I don't like the other game's demo and this, in ML, is becoming unplayable for me.

Is it all in-game? What about CPU results? I'm midway through my first season and haven't experienced those magical results that manufacture the league outcome.

In-game mate. The results have been pretty realistic that don't involve me. Man City top of the league, Spurs are second on my save, 11 league games gone.

WTH low cross dont work anymore either?!!!!
If you are on PA0 then you can do a low cross with just L1+Double Tap O (or just double tap O near the box) but if you hold L2 for the manual modifier then it now does a lofted cross...

It was useful for some kinds of passes (or even shots) when using PA1 last year, but now somehow no longer works...

Back
Top Bottom