eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Please stop pretending the demo was perfect. It's not. There were also quite some issues with it (AI attacking, weird ref decisions etc.). I think it's perfectly reasonable what Adam mentions. It's hard to find a sweet spot as even within this tiny forum there are a lot of conflicting opinions.

Ive seen better attacking AI in 1.0 than 1.2

They always go down the centre in 1.2 and try to get a shot off on the edge of the box. If they go down the wings they go into the box and then turn back.

In 1.0 I was seeing them try deft through balls, quick free kicks and various crossing.

One thing i like about this game, which actually was in contrast to the demo. Playing in the championship with a classic 442, it's really hard to find space out wide to get a cross in, but with the dribbling mechanics, physicality and the way the players use their burst of pace, it's very rewarding when you are able to put a good cross in. i'm not sure if the new camera angle helps, but crossing seems quite varied.

Getting on the end of the crosses however, I am terrible at. I have a 1.98m tall striker and i can't get him on the end of them all all :CRY:I will get there and perservere with my 442!

I usually play PES with a 4-4-2 diamond, always preferred 2 up top but this year I've gone with the typical 4-2-3-1 and dont have any problems getting crosses in.
L1 early cross is a great option for pinging to the near post and using super cancel to position your CF in front of the defender for near post nod-ins or goals.

Please stop pretending the demo was perfect. It's not. There were also quite some issues with it (AI attacking, weird ref decisions etc.). I think it's perfectly reasonable what Adam mentions. It's hard to find a sweet spot as even within this tiny forum there are a lot of conflicting opinions.

And they did nothing except to ruined what was ok.
But, I am talking about online, and my mistake, this is not a forum for that.

So, I wish you many, many great updates, and endless cpu AI fun.

Hmm, I really like it here, but I think I´m going to try to live it like in old PES days... No forums talk, just play the game and most likely not even noticing some of the issues reported here. Nothing against this forum, but it´s all getting too much for me to take.
Big picture mate!
Still see stuff I haven't in previous Pes games.
As long as you find the right balance,team+difficulty+PA you'll see some great games.
I haven't been up from my chair and hands in the air shouting with joy in a very long time,last night I was!
After winning a tight game in the 93rd.
That feeling hasn't happened since PES 5-6 (maybe 13 -17 as well).
Make your own story/decision about the game,let your ML have 5-6 games before making a final verdict
I'm sure you'll love it

Here's a "non-existent physicality" complaint! (relating to Adam's tweet!) -

This literally just happened, I promise it's worth a watch! I'm playing (fixed cursor) as the player who plays the pass to Pepe!

I think it was just a 'hit box' malfunction, play just carried on!

This kind of collisions happen so often where the defenders take the body and not the ball. No fouls given.

Actually, in the demo, there are dueling animations.... Many of which don't even get activated in the full game:

What speed is everyone playing on? was on 0 but felt way too fast so dropped down to -1.
Thats the thing that bugs me the most at the moment.
0 feels too fast, especially against good teams. First touch, passes, shots. It seems like animations were cut in half to make it more zippy.
-1 has a great overall pace, but to me it feels like its response suffers a lot. Im much worse when it comes to dribbling and defending on -1. Never had it before and I always play -1 (Pes17 -2 even)

What speed is everyone playing on? was on 0 but felt way too fast so dropped down to -1.
Bet it's down to both league and/or difficulty.
I'm playing in professional/TP in Serie A which is a bit slower than when I face British/Spanish teams in the EL.
So 0 suits me fine

I see guys putting professional/top player, is that mean you’re playing professional home and top player away?
I play TP for my Serie A,and drop down to Professional on European games,they have always been a bit more direct and faster (both on 18/19)
Though I'm finding ai at its best on Profesional,wish I could play regular difficulty which is great,a bit to blunt though

One thing i like about this game, which actually was in contrast to the demo. Playing in the championship with a classic 442, it's really hard to find space out wide to get a cross in, but with the dribbling mechanics, physicality and the way the players use their burst of pace, it's very rewarding when you are able to put a good cross in. i'm not sure if the new camera angle helps, but crossing seems quite varied.

Getting on the end of the crosses however, I am terrible at. I have a 1.98m tall striker and i can't get him on the end of them all all :CRY:I will get there and perservere with my 442!

Try high crosses mate. R2 and circle it gives your striker time to get into position and power in a header. I have M.Kean up front for everton and he is an absolute beasts on headers far post lofted up he comes in like a train.

One thing bugs me, for years whenever we tweated any feedback/complaints about the videos of early PES and even after the demo...the answer was "you cant/shouldnt judge it based on a video/so soon/this is not the final version/etc"....but now 1 week in after the release of the demo, people come in and cry because they did not want to learn the new foul system and asap there was the official statement from Konami that the foul issue will be addressed.

I mean.

The option to use a option file on version 1.0 would be good..

They don’t even have to revert the game..

Has anyone communicated that?..

Wires are getting crossed..Its the version 1.0 gameplay not the demo that people want.The demo has all those phantom fouls and collision inconsistencies..

Like madmac79 said..Konami haven’t got a clue about implementing feedback and it normally does more damage then good..

They had already sorted out the issues with the demo..Didn’t communicate this and went on to patch a game that never needed patching.

All it’s created in my humble opinion is a kind of Frankenstein’s monster that most will loathe in two months anyway..

They had a absolute masterpiece on there hands..I just can’t be bothered to write 2000 words about why and how everything worked in almost perfect balance..

It’s a shame but atleast it hasn’t been destroyed for ever and is still in the public domain..What a crime against gaming and a truly hardcore game butchered to pander to knee jerkers and whiners..

Last edited:

I was on -1 for a while, but after watching real football during the weekend decided that it was really too slow, upped it to 0, and it's more realistic, I think. It's also a bit more difficult to defend. I think I've settled for 0.

Only 4 matches left of my first ML season (top player, p01) with Alcorcon in Spanish league 2. I'm 4th, 25 points off the top. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Sure, there are niggles, but they are just that, in my opinion - I haven't enjoyed PES this much for years. :)

Some people are talking about the demo as if it was the best football gaming experience of all time. I liked it but it was FAR too easy to keep posession and win matches.

I'm glad the full game is more challenging.

On the flipside though, some people are tallkng like the full game is the best football gaming experience of all time; @DigitalByDesign outright said it.

I don't think the full game is any less easy to keep possession and win games than the demo was; nor do I find it any more challenging. I don't think it's changed that much as there are still a lot of the same things in the full game as before but there's definitely a significant enough change for it to be noteworthy, otherwise Konami wouldn't have acknowledged it. I think, for me, the changes from the demo coupled with my dislike of the shooting and doubts about the longevity of the game in terms of depth of modes is what's making me not like it as much as I want to.

Last edited:
The option to use a option file on version 1.0 would be good..

They don’t even have to revert the game..

Has anyone communicated that?..
that woudl be awesome sinc ei rpefer 1.0 over 1.02. lot of people have said to give us option to do that but as of now nope so i guess ill play 1.0 without option file and hope next patch will be like 1.0 or better so i can apply option file

We need sliders. Period. Working ones i mean unlike the PA. Offline players would never complain ever.
Agreed; that's why I play offline FIFA more as I can make it play as I want it to; if something is bugging me like pass speed or GK ability or fullback run frequency then I can adjust it (start and end of comparison; apologies!)

So my 1st session today followed a bit of reading on here and was convinced, absolutely convinced, that the game would fall apart for me and I would start seeing things, feeling things, that a few on here are saying is bust or whatever with the game.

That simply hasn't happened. At all.

I kept my eyes on player reactions in defence, positioning, the works, and not one single time did I see an obvious bug moment, or indeed feel any when in control.

As for the claim the AI only attacks one way and always does the turn and shot. Saw that only when it was the right thing for the AI to do, or more like if I gave it the time to do so. It should be a thing the AI does and it does, but only if I am caught out or I balls up. That's just realistic.

I think I read someone has never met a cross or won a header from one. Saw that happen a fair bit for me.

I definitely read strikes with the outside of the boot are non-existent. Castledine performed one in my first match today, and there were more after that.

This game is deceiving. It looks like an enhanced PES2018/2019 but the demands are so different. I'd go as far to say that the demands in play are the best it has ever been in a football game, so far as trying to adhere to realism goes. There are caveats as a result but it does work and does make sense over time.

This game demands recycling of the ball if players are marked and it slows to a crawl. It is just like football in that when that happens it can be frustrating and your eagerness can get the better of you. Finding I am getting more of a feel when taking on a man is truly on. It is more than just getting an opponent in isolation and trying to wrong foot and sprint past them quickly. Everything says move the stick and really drive after that initial burst but the opposite is what is required if an opponent player stays with you; you get that first burst past the man but if he turns and matches your movement you need to not push the stick towards the ball, but actually pretty much release the stick so as your player uses their body to hold off that attention, then look to drive forwards again. Shielding isn't just a static, twisty-turny thing, but something you need to do when on the sprint too, and the game isn't going to do that for you if you have sprint + direction held as you are giving up strength for speed in doing so.

On 0 here. -1 felt to slow. The overall pace is nice but animations took to long for my liking. That is on 1.2.
On 1.0 it’s a slower pace and i like that overall. It’s the refined demo for me.

Not saying 1.2 is bad. I just like 1.0 more.

@DigitalByDesign oh yes!! Not thought of that. Gimme OF import feature for version 1.0 and I’m gone for a whole year! :)

the pace is good now, it's a quick game but not fast enough to make it feel like ping pong, besides that is helped by the new first touch that is not perfect each time.

Back
Top Bottom