eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So it's taken me a while to really get into this game but this weekend after an extended ML session i'm really starting to enjoy it.

I'm usually very good at dribbling, use realistic skills when it suits and i'm using a player who wold but I was (and still am) finding it a lot more difficult to dribble past players this year. However, after having extended play, I realise i just need to change my style somewhat, not try and beat several men every time and only utilise dribblers where relevant, not every time they pick up the ball.

The games have been very varied and love how stretched they often become towards the end of the match with stamina really having an impact on the quality of passes etc.

I scored a goal which really gave me feelings of old where everything played out exactly as i wanted (will post the goal either later or when i'm back off hol). Played the ball out wide and held R2 pushing stick away from the player straight ahead, if you haven't used this already, there are some lovely little first touches. With this combination, the player let's it run across their body then takes a quick touch back across themselves which totally too the RB out of the game. With that touch everything opened up and i played a perfect through balls and passed it bottom corner.

Everything happened to smoothly and was a real classic PES moment for me. The game had been scrappy until then and i find it hard to create clear chances. The way it all came together in exactly the way i'd seen was perfect.

With all the whining about difficulty and AI passing and AI tackling and I can't dribble I can't score all the time from 45 yards Konami are going to patch it and fuck it up. It will end up too easy with zero fouls if we aren't careful. My advice if you don't already is learn the game on manual, it still uses stats and removes all the rails that are on pass assistance. Also play on superstar as this for me has more AI error and long shots etc than top player.
Also Learn how to dribble using close controls, shielding and quick sprints

For goodness sakes not this old chestnut. I've been playing this game since its very first outing mate and football games in general since the 1980s. It has NOTHING to do with learning to play a game.

It has everything to do with the game being fundamentally changed. I don't want to be playing the same game over and over again and patched that's what im getting which reminds me of last years outing.

The demo was great so why change it? The other thing I noticed is the massive wide spaces compared to the demo, theres massive chunks of space between midfield and defence and midfield and attack so the midfield just gets by passed especially by the CPU.

I think I need to edit and upload all the footage I took.

The demo was great so why change it? The other thing I noticed is the massive wide spaces compared to the demo, theres massive chunks of space between midfield and defence and midfield and attack so the midfield just gets by passed especially by the CPU.

I think I need to edit and upload all the footage I took.
The demo was far from perfect imo. The AI was really passive and it was super easy to keep possession, even against the best teams. In the full version it's much harder to keep the ball and the AI press you like a mf. They are also a lot more varied in their attacks.

Sure, I wouldn't complain if they increase the fouls a bit more, but I definately prefer the full version over the demo.

On superstar that’s all they do, 25+ games in and not one single cross and headed goal from the AI?? How is that poss, it’s so bad the back to goal,turn, shoot, that I’m rage quitting, I can’t enjoy a game that’s clearly broken in certain aspects, I don’t know if playing at a different level would help, but it’s a real game breaker for me.

And if I see another cut scene of the keeper sat on the floor banging the ground I’m gonna go mad

3 bits of advice for people struggling with this.

1. Don't get too tight. Back off then you can easily block the angle for a shot and they will pass backwards.

2. Use Super cancel and get yourself in the position to anticipate the shot to block it and using R2 you can steal the ball quite easily.

3. Block the center. If you have a player blocking the pass the AI won't attempt it. But if you leave the whole of middle open obviously they will play it into the striker.

The demo was far from perfect imo. The AI was really passive and it was super easy to keep possession, even against the best teams. In the full version it's much harder to keep the ball and the AI press you like a mf. They are also a lot more varied in their attacks.

Sure, I wouldn't complain if they increase the fouls a bit more, but I definately prefer the full version over the demo.

It wasn't perfect but it was more natural and organic. It only needed tweaking.

I had Krul fire a kick from his hands straight out to the winger in my half standing there and the ball went to him perfectly. Its ridiculous.

It wasn't perfect but it was more natural and organic. It only needed tweaking.

I had Krul fire a kick from his hands straight out to the winger in my half standing there and the ball went to him perfectly. Its ridiculous.

This was the same in the demo and the same in pes for 5 years. Keepers with the kicking ability can fire it straight to players from their hands. Has always been that way.

Defending is too easy, only conceded once in 12 games against the AI with the default ML shitters. Too automated, little timing required.

Is there a way to play a low cross with much power like FIFA's RB+Cross? When countering or in build-up play from the back I like to move the ball quickly in a diagonal fashion, but neither a pass nor a cross with the bar fully maxed out is suiting my needs.

Wow, I wonder if we actually had a pes 5 version of the game these days, what would people say.

Years ago people would swallow the game no matter his state. Nowadays is just complain after complain. I get the point of having something better, but latelly all we see is unsatisfied people over what seems to be a very good game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And in good news, the newly rebranded PES sold more in its first week (UK boxed sales) than last year’s edition</p>&mdash; Christopher Dring (@Chris_Dring) <a href="">September 16, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great news, I did predict it would sell well for the first time in years!

3 bits of advice for people struggling with this.

1. Don't get too tight. Back off then you can easily block the angle for a shot and they will pass backwards.

2. Use Super cancel and get yourself in the position to anticipate the shot to block it and using R2 you can steal the ball quite easily.

3. Block the center. If you have a player blocking the pass the AI won't attempt it. But if you leave the whole of middle open obviously they will play it into the striker.

Cheers mate I’ll give your advice a go.

Is there a way to play a low cross with much power like FIFA's RB+Cross? When countering or in build-up play from the back I like to move the ball quickly in a diagonal fashion, but neither a pass nor a cross with the bar fully maxed out is suiting my needs.
try L1 and cross for early cross or try manual button cross - takes some practise, generally though I find the crossing quite realistic. For more precise crossing I use advanced lob though ball, it's a good tool from the wing

Good way to end the “go back to 1.0” thing.

I don't know, I already see where this is going if they try, as usual, to please everyone.

1.0 people could play that anyway, but if they screw up 1.2 for me and for others that then that's it. And this time I'll genuinely be mad.
They'd just need to make people choose between updates. Or to stick to their vision without try to find half ways.

CPU is advancing around my dbox with pace. I panicked and slide tackle my own player, he rolls and tumbles right infront of the cpu taking the shot. Blocks successfully.

So they agree the game has changed to create 'a balance' in other words esports
What the hell, seriously?

He quite clearly means that you had a very vocal group of people complaining about the demo - and now you have a louder group of people wanting the demo back.

So, they almost don't know what to do, and to please both, there has to be a balance.

Nothing to do with eSports. The eSports guys are complaining about a complete lack of fouls, like we are.

Jesus. Sometimes we jump on things way too quick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And in good news, the newly rebranded PES sold more in its first week (UK boxed sales) than last year’s edition</p>&mdash; Christopher Dring (@Chris_Dring) <a href="">September 16, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great news, I did predict it would sell well for the first time in years!

it's 18.5% up on physical sales compared to PES 2019. when you take into account PES 2019 was 42% down on physical sales compared to PES 2018... yeah, not really that impressive to be up when compared to PES 2019.

I don't know, I already see where this is going if they try, as usual, to please everyone
Back to Pea19 we go, familiar ground, 'safe' settings for all. All the good elements will slowly fade away.

Unfortunately - issue started before that, when people screamed about the demo.
They should have left it as it was and in time just fix glaring bugs that would surfaced.
I was begging people to stop complaining about fouls, that could be minimised with learning how to defend.
I begged people to stop complaining about AI, that would probably act completely different with Master League Script, Team Spirit and Legend Difficulty.

Now we entered a phase where fixing one thing breaks another and fixing that thing breaks it further. Phase where everything, like ball randomness, errors, stamina and physicality is getting butchered.

Hope Im wrong but Im afraid ill be deleting the game and installing 1.0 sooner than expected.

He quite clearly means that you had a very vocal group of people complaining about the demo - and now you have a louder group of people wanting the demo back.

So, they almost don't know what to do, and to please both, there has to be a balance.

Nothing to do with eSports. The eSports guys are complaining about a complete lack of fouls, like we are.

TBH this is the most transparent and accommodating they've ever been. It's impossible to please everyone but at least they're listening.

try L1 and cross for early cross or try manual button cross - takes some practise, generally though I find the crossing quite realistic. For more precise crossing I use advanced lob though ball, it's a good tool from the wing

Nah, I want a low and hard-drilled pass. I wouldn't call it "cross", but it has the range of a cross with the height of a pass. It's just struck super hard, but I cant get my players to lay into the pass more. Like I said the FIFA equivalent would be "RB/R1 + Cross" with manual controls. I know that FIFA also has a driven pass with "RB/R1 + X" but that's not quite what I want.

Here is a video (starts at 4:34):

Chris the game imo is much more on rails then it was in the demo. Point is its not even about the fouls the whole physicality side of things, the ball physics the pass speed. I dont think there were any complaints about this from the demo so why change it then. I would assume it would be to cater to the more casual crowd. Anyways it's not about jumping to conclusions, I just hope end of the day us fans get a good game that's all that matters

On superstar that’s all they do, 25+ games in and not one single cross and headed goal from the AI?? How is that poss, it’s so bad the back to goal,turn, shoot, that I’m rage quitting, I can’t enjoy a game that’s clearly broken in certain aspects, I don’t know if playing at a different level would help, but it’s a real game breaker for me.

And if I see another cut scene of the keeper sat on the floor banging the ground I’m gonna go mad
honest I'm at a loss with this as I'm just not seeing it, superstar hit it from distance, I've had crosses and headers, one on one's.. I'm not seeing this turn and shoot all the time. What mode and what control scheme? Can someone upload a game showing it I want to compare

The keepers' kicking from hands is right up there with my biggest bugbears. The accuracy and how sometimes they'll kick to a teammate about 20 yards away.
Playing full manual, keepers do what I want now! The demo was broken in that regard (PA1 worked though).
So now I’m playing nice lofted balls to the left and right, hammer straight full power out of my hands into the strikers run way, and more! :)
And: Rolling the ball out or doing overhead throws do work as well.

Aren’t you playing manual as well?!

it's 18.5% up on physical sales compared to PES 2019. when you take into account PES 2019 was 42% down on physical sales compared to PES 2018... yeah, not really that impressive to be up when compared to PES 2019.
Need to take into account that physical sales are always going to decrease with the ever increasing amount of digital sales year on year. I myself bought 2018 physical, but have got 19 and 20 digital.

Unfortunately we don't know digital sales so we can never get a good idea as to the numbers being shifted year on year.

Back to Pea19 we go, familiar ground, 'safe' settings for all. All the good elements will slowly fade away.

Unfortunately - issue started before that, when people screamed about the demo.
They should have left it as it was and in time just fix glaring bugs that would surfaced.
I was begging people to stop complaining about fouls, that could be minimised with learning how to defend.
I begged people to stop complaining about AI, that would probably act completely different with Master League Script, Team Spirit and Legend Difficulty.

Now we entered a phase where fixing one thing breaks another and fixing that thing breaks it further. Phase where everything, like ball randomness, errors, stamina and physicality is getting butchered.

Hope Im wrong but Im afraid ill be deleting the game and installing 1.0 sooner than expected.

What I'm most afraid of is they'll neuter stats influence to also "safely" balance things out. I'm really really afraid they'll go back to bland land as it was in the last years.

You guys are relatively lucky because if anything you have that to fall on. I hope on pc we'll be able to prevent this from happening and scale at least to current version if that will be needed, because I can live on with a lot of things, but if they'll take away from me this magnificent feeling of variety between teams that's the good time I'm finally completely done with Konami and their politics.

Chris the game imo is much more on rails then it was in the demo. Point is its not even about the fouls the whole physicality side of things, the ball physics the pass speed.
Its more on rails coz it creates less collisions. Less collisions mean less fouls.
Everything is connected.
They put it more on rails and increased power and accuracy of holding X defending, so it doesnt get called as a foul.

Now they know they cant just reverse it. (Or they dont want to reverse it).
So they will look somewhere else. What can make it more smooth and without struggle?
Well how about we decrease physicality, so AI wont be able to hold you back from behind?
And like that - everything that made it special is getting fucked.

Back
Top Bottom