eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Listen and I'm only going to say this once. It is there. Go play it for yourself.

I haven't told anyone what to do I've just laid it out what the two versions do. If you like 1.2 then fine shut the hell up and go and play it.

I am playing it and im saying that in 1.2 fast players do not get caught up.

The crying over 1.2 is hilarious :CALM:

Rubbish, absolute rubbish.. 1.2 I can get away from players with pace. We all get you love 1.0 thats fine, enjoy it. But dont put up crap like that.

I didnt play much of 1.02. However a number of people have complained about this pace problem so it's hardly an outrageous suggestion. What need is there for that tone? It simply encourages the division of the community between different versions of a game...

only managed to fool around a bit in the train mode, mainly to first get the pc settings etc right, also hud and controls, but so far i like it, its very similar to 2018 just with more weight and player id, passing is better too (did not play 19)

Guys, lets take a step back and make ourselves a cup of whiskey.
There is no need for getting personal.
We should be happy that there are two versions of the game, at least there is a chance most of us will have a footy game to play. Who gives a fuck which version..

It would help if people toned down a bit all this picking apart on 1.02 just to exalt 1.0 tho. I get it, a lot of you prefer the latter and I 100% respect it, but if there is this costant comparing (for the worse) it's inevitable that people who prefers the former will respond with their own opinions, and will honestly get frustrated when something which isn't a problem at all will be listed as one just for the sake of it.

Hope it won't sound like I want to censor somebody, not my intention at all. Just want all of us to peacefully coexist.

There are many issues with 1.02 for me, specifically the changes to physicality, fouling, & pressuring since demo. I'm not experiencing any catch-up issues though. Other problems include players not reading space well or reacting to the ball when it's right next to them, but I feel they were there in the demo too, just more exposed now because of the high-pressure element (especially online).

biggest complain when it comes to 1.02 is that ball is not ,,free'' ......many passes and loose balls feels on rails , i had same feeling with pes 19. its noticable after just few minutes with patched version . Demo was full of Randomness moments . Yeah , AI is better in 1.02 , no doubt..... but with no randomness it just another souless pes.

Last edited:
very true
nice post buddy

Cheers dude.
It came from my own experience of one minute there being catch up bug in 1.00 and the next there isnt.
One day I can sprint away with quicker players, the next I cant. Obviously different environmental factors within the matches themselves but also the dreaded pes sessions to session variance.

I think it's the constant picking of 1.2. I mean people are saying there's no randomness, the ball isn't free yet I've put broadcasts up that show loads of randomness even on PA 1, manual is another level. Same with ball freedom I and probably others have no issues so what's the point keep posting the same views it's not going to change by keep posting here. I get that the demo was loved, it was class but I enjoy this just as much if not more so

Cheers dude.
It came from my own experience of one minute there being catch up bug in 1.00 and the next there isnt.
One day I can sprint away with quicker players, the next I cant. Obviously different environmental factors within the matches themselves but also the dreaded pes sessions to session variance.
Plus,fatigue is a factor!
I usually start a ML with a one or two edited/created players that have very high stats (acceleration and sprint in their 90-95's)

The reason I do that is to test out how much is stats based when it comes to the CPU

Can my 93 speed hum player beat a 75 ish defender in sprint,side by side?
And in this game no problems,which means it's pretty stats based.
On the other hand,doing it on professional difficulty,that's up and down I must say.
But that's just how the CPU tries to keep the game even.
This year we have a pretty solid AI stats wise.

Im not getting personal or mean to be and I am happy for anyone to enjoy PES 1.0, 1.2, demo etc, thats everyones individual preference.

What is a bit annoying is that 1.2 is being hammered and a little unfairly, I accept there are issues with it and I know that 1.2 isnt the last version I will play... it will become 1.3, 1.4 whatever, however far Konami patch it. So I will evolve with that, good or bad.

Like Hitman says, there is a repeat posting of the same 'issues' by a group who seem to have an agenda.

Its turning into FIFA v PES, but instead its 1.0 v 1.2 for no reason at all.

Im not getting personal or mean to be and I am happy for anyone to enjoy PES 1.0, 1.2, demo etc, thats everyones individual preference.

What is a bit annoying is that 1.2 is being hammered and a little unfairly, I accept there are issues with it and I know that 1.2 isnt the last version I will play... it will become 1.3, 1.4 whatever, however far Konami patch it. So I will evolve with that, good or bad.

Like Hitman says, there is a repeat posting of the same 'issues' by a group who seem to have an agenda.

Its turning into FIFA v PES, but instead its 1.0 v 1.2 for no reason at all.

What agenda you talking about ? people just want elements/mechanics of gameplay that was in good in demo, thats all , I have seen some people have similar opinion here and on reddit about randomness in 1.02 so please dont say that we are russian spies and we have agenda xD Its evo-web forum , not bbc news... I remember debate about lack of individuality in pes 18 and 19. Few people wanted to deny this till some people recorded movies with proof and facts that atrributes doesnt matter at all but still same people kept trying to deny this , that was silly . Come on , lets face facts that some good gameplay elements from demo just dissapeared.

PS: i dont see any problem with catch up bug this year

Last edited:
Just had a game against Hearts. Scott McKenna vs Uche Ikpeazu. If ever there was a demonstration of how physical this game can feel it was that. In the air, on the ground - brilliant. Cleared out the ball and the man at one point (the type of tackle you celebrate like a goal) and it felt like my living room was shaking.
Yet to play hearts but 10 games in on a fons master league and lovin it, mckenna, ferguson, mcginn all great to control and cosgrove has been amazing for me with many headed goals and a great solo goal shrugging off the celtic defence in a 1-0 win at parkhead

Yet to play hearts but 10 games in on a fons master league and lovin it, mckenna, ferguson, mcginn all great to control and cosgrove has been amazing for me with many headed goals and a great solo goal shrugging off the celtic defence in a 1-0 win at parkhead

Ferguson is exceptional. I've been playing two up top and both Cosgrove and Wilson are banging them in. I like to play with pacy wingers so McGinn and Wright usually get the nod. Gallagher's pace is drastically underrated.

What agenda you talking about ? people just want elements/mechanics of gameplay that was in good in demo, thats all , I have seen some people have similar opinion here and on reddit about randomness in 1.02 so please dont say that we are russian spies and we have agenda xD Its evo-web forum , not bbc news... I remember debate about lack of individuality in pes 18 and 19. Few people wanted to deny this till some people recorded movies with proof and facts that atrributes doesnt matter at all but still same people kept trying to deny this , that was silly . Come on , lets face facts that some good gameplay elements from demo just dissapeared.

PS: i dont see any problem with catch up bug this year

People say something is missing..
Make a video using demo or v1.0 to prove it was there... but surprisingly provide no evidence its not in v1.2
Someone posts video of v1.2 proving it is there
People say that is missing from v1.2 even after seeing that video

That to me comes across as a little bit like an agenda. Im finished with the subject now and will enjoy 1.2 until the next patch comes along :BEER:

Ferguson is exceptional. I've been playing two up top and both Cosgrove and Wilson are banging them in. I like to play with pacy wingers so McGinn and Wright usually get the nod. Gallagher's pace is drastically underrated.
Yeah i dont like to edit stats but was tempted to with gallacher and hedges but i did change cosgroves height as it was incorrect

First time since pes 2014 where I've had a full day of playing pretty much non stop. I had many commitments but faked illness so I could keep playing one more match. Even now I wanna carry on the girlfriend is pretty pissed off lol.

Dribbling is fantastic for me playing as Everton in my master league. Iwobi has great close control, Bernard has a very small turning circle so can get through gaps easily, kean is a beast and powers past defenders and Walcott is raw pace. All different kinds of dribbles and you can really feel their strengths.

Also the ai is great you know when you are playing a good team and a bad one. Played a match against West ham last 2-1 in a scrappy game where they just were physically stronger. Then I played Sheffield Wednesday in the fa Cup and straight away it was funny because alot of their players could barely control or pass the ball constantly giving it away I destroyed them 7-1 with ricardlison getting a hattrick.

It's sad I'm going to be unable to play again till Thursday due to work but I've been enjoying this game soo much. Pes is really back I'm soo happy.

I could have bought the game already if it wasn´t for this 1.0 vs 1.2 debate. It just makes me confuse. When I saw the first dicussions about it being patched for worse, I decided to skip the game until the next patch, but I keep reading posts from respected members loving the game, members that used to dislike it in the last years, so that must be a good thing.

Still afraid of spending 40 euros on a digital version and be disapointed after a few ML matches though.

Yeah i dont like to edit stats but was tempted to with gallacher and hedges but i did change cosgroves height as it was incorrect

Is it?... I could've sworn I checked because it was miles off last year, by about 10-15cm.

Gallagher's stats are probably about fair apart from the speed. Generally speaking the stats are a more accurate reflection than they were last year.

So, I actually got the game early but, as promised to myself, I would hammer it for a week without so much as looking at any online discussion about the game.

Personally, I am in love with PES2020.

I unlocked Legend, played a ton of matches versus it and found myself blown away by how much more fair and balanced it all feels. This is a huge step forwards regards v. AI in football games in my opinion.

Once an option file was obtained it was on to Master League. Picked Pescara and started with ML defaults v. Super Star and all that happened was it solidified my love for this years game.

I simply have little issue with how the game is, bar maybe foul system from demo not so much coming back completely (there were issues) but them nudging that development slider closer to it would be welcome. I win fouls though and also give them away. I used that v. Legend playing time (and some MyClub v. AI time) wisely. MyClub v. AI is a great training tool, I discovered, as it requires you to play up from Regular. Playing away until I reached Top Player and things leveled out based on my squads current strength I just got to experiment with things. V. Legend I was focused on the shielding game primarily, while that v. AI time in MyClub was all about exploring possibility elsewhere.

I have to say, browsing over the past few pages (I'm still in a spoiler-free mode) has me believe that chosen disconnect from all PES chatter online was wise. Strange how it can be the case but it seems football games do have their spoilers, and I am of no mind to be told the game I am loving on my own terms is rubbish or not as good as the demo for x, y, or z reasons.

Ignorance has been bliss while simply playing and learning the game.

oh man that was a slog of a session on ML Superstar im doing okish sitting in 6th place 6 wins 3 draws 3 losses but that last match vs crotone was seriously frustrating they were like cyborgs in defence lol

the stats after said they made 25 interceptions and 16 tackles I literally couldnt get past their defenders id break in the box and a leg would come out and take it away or they would walk through me that or the animations for my players slowed down fs enjoying the game but too many of them matches will ages me 10 years

Well you all must be having completely different games to me on 1.2

Just played Norwich, Professional, Manual. All the CPUs passes are laser guided and unbelievably fast. They don't try and play risky passes into the box, they don't vary their crosses.

I took the lead mid second half after having nearly all the ball (bit like last years game) but having to work like hell for an opening. Scored a header, all good. 5 minutes from the end Fabinho doesn't react to a simple ball and Norwich play a 45yrd pass ALONG THE FLOOR to Pukki who is just standing there on the edge of my box marked by no one. He runs onto the ball and in true Pes 19 style hammers it low into the corner.

Im sorry but thats not an improvement on last years. On 1.2 I don't see any of this:

Shots further than the edge of the box
Shots over the bar
Shots from an angle (minimal)
Sidefoot finishes
Chip finishes
Outside of the foot finishes

All i see is blast after blast after blast. So I'm not sure what game you lot are playing. Its not about HOW WE SCORE GOALS, its about the CPU and how it plays to make it feel like a real football match.

We can score headers and long range goals and play nice footy around the box but on 1.2 the CPU doesn't do this. Its back to risk averse attacking and predictable laser passing. What a let down.

Well you all must be having completely different games to me on 1.2

Just played Norwich, Professional, Manual. All the CPUs passes are laser guided and unbelievably fast. They don't try and play risky passes into the box, they don't vary their crosses.

I took the lead mid second half after having nearly all the ball (bit like last years game) but having to work like hell for an opening. Scored a header, all good. 5 minutes from the end Fabinho doesn't react to a simple ball and Norwich play a 45yrd pass ALONG THE FLOOR to Pukki who is just standing there on the edge of my box marked by no one. He runs onto the ball and in true Pes 19 style hammers it low into the corner.

Im sorry but thats not an improvement on last years. On 1.2 I don't see any of this:

Shots further than the edge of the box
Shots over the bar
Shots from an angle (minimal)
Sidefoot finishes
Chip finishes
Outside of the foot finishes

All i see is blast after blast after blast. So I'm not sure what game you lot are playing. Its not about HOW WE SCORE GOALS, its about the CPU and how it plays to make it feel like a real football match.

We can score headers and long range goals and play nice footy around the box but on 1.2 the CPU doesn't do this. Its back to risk averse attacking and predictable laser passing. What a let down.

Sorry that's your experience mate. I'm getting alot of different types of ai goals. Headers, long rangers, deflections, turn and shot etc.

Back
Top Bottom