eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Haha I don’t know where to ask?! The editing section is daunting.
Zz0S8ul.gif

It’s a good game.

Default ML players, going through one with low center of gravity playerand I see an unused sub Canning (167cm) with 87 stamina. He reminds me of stein instantly. He is quick to turn so was able to make incisive passes. He was so hard to get off the ball that cpu decided to tight mark him. He is everywhere. image.jpg Love it.

Edit: it’s absolutely hilarious to see cpu marking this wee little man.

Last edited:
My thing now is 2 games of PA1 Online divisions followed by 2 PA0- ones.

I like the latter more but last night I met 2 guys using Ajax and Monaco AND didn't use PA2-3! Those matches was really good and I really feel this game really is built for PA1. I was Atleti and Joao Felix was such a joy to use. It then played 2 PA0 ones with Atleti and he felt stiff and unresponsive, weird that. Just unlucky I guess.

Again, give us Team filters and let us lock our search range to PA1 if we want!

Btw, I love those little new things I haven't seen before. I didn't you could make the keeper roll out the ball in front of himself. I don't mean the one where he just drops it. Really nice but I can't remember how I did it. :D

The A.I on MyClub on this game is a joke.They watch the ball roll passed them and then chase after it.You throughball it and then they take a step back towards the pass rather than running on to it and the ball rolls passed them then they chase it.Its like watching childrens football(I don't watch childrens football as that would be weird)

I know you are all mainly offline but MyClub is just awful with the A.I and the delay you get in passing and shooting.I honestly thought MyClub this year would be as responsive as the demo but delay aside...The A.I is probably the worst i have seen in any football game and i am an old man of 46 so i have played a lot of football games like most of you probably have

Awful

When I was playing the demo I saw some really nice contextual animations for shooting and some nice shot types too, full game Master League and I am honestly not seeing anything like that, very rarely see a side foot finish when one on one with the stuck on the line keepers, they are all blasted in no matter the power selection.

Master League is a grind because of the awful team spirit, scored a hat trick with Moise Kean and the next game his form arrow was down.

Going to play a cup tournament tonight with international sides and see if that's any better

Guys, any ideas?

I have the pesteam.it V2 OF and imported successfully at work, but on my home PS4 says loading failed when trying to Import teams :/

This is the problem and a fat no!..You have to update before you can edit..

I just prefer the gameplay of the vanilla version..

Unless they revert it back this year I won’t be updating.

Imo the vanilla version is the best football game ever made.Its just the slower more realistic tempo and passing precision..And of course how good the stick control and dribbling feels..You get the explosive bursts of pace you see in real football.

Purchased a physical PS4. Played 5 match in League Mode in 1.0 version. Cagliari Serie A.(Loving Lucarelli as regista)

Just the best PES and best Football Game i ever played:

Pros:
- Gameplay balance like demo (physicality, weight, shielding, defense, attack)
- CPU defense/attack patterns and level like 1.2/last update (Superstar level).
- Player control like demo (little bit more sharper).
- Ball physics like demo.
- Team shape like 1.2
- Superstar level it's a hardcore challenge but feels no cheating.​

Cons
- Fouls like 1.2.
- Imposible to import kits/ option file .
- Have to play outdated teams.​

1.0 gameplay its just a Masterpiece. One of the best football games I've ever played, if not the best.

But it would be a hidden gem. The major part of users haven't played it for two reasons. Can't do it with a digital purchase and physical copy users didn't noticed bcz it was updated before the launch day.

Demo vs 1.2 judgement isn't fair. If you want to compare gameplays, and know how balance and ball physics impact on it, you should try 1.0.

The A.I on MyClub on this game is a joke.They watch the ball roll passed them and then chase after it.You throughball it and then they take a step back towards the pass rather than running on to it and the ball rolls passed them then they chase it.Its like watching childrens football(I don't watch childrens football as that would be weird)

I know you are all mainly offline but MyClub is just awful with the A.I and the delay you get in passing and shooting.I honestly thought MyClub this year would be as responsive as the demo but delay aside...The A.I is probably the worst i have seen in any football game and i am an old man of 46 so i have played a lot of football games like most of you probably have

Awful

Remember my club is all about team spirit and manager compatibility so you won't feel secure in the ai until you've built a team and a manager that are all in sync.

Remember my club is all about team spirit and manager compatibility so you won't feel secure in the ai until you've built a team and a manager that are all in sync.

I have 99 team spirit and pep guardiola with players in the right positions and a lower team spirit second team and then A.I is dumb on both teams

Really back to loving it again,took a while to find the right Difficulty/cam /team.

One thing,I played a game of BAL last night,and my good how free and great you player moves in that game.
Night and day in difference!

Super cancel,saw a few posts about it,and the window of executing is smaller this year Vs 17-18 (can't speak for 19 hardly played it) so you're right there @slamsoze

Back playing stadium cam again,gotta love that angle,game flows so nice on it.
Going for Roma this year,since I know both @Madmac79 and @Filippo-Inzaghi loves that.

Still here mate. Yes! I am driving my Milan team to disaster of course ;-)

I have hit a familiar wall in Master League where I can't get a win no matter what. Thinking of going down to professional and switching the shooting to manual to balance it out.
Best of luck. Im on Professional, stadium cam, manual everything, power bar and radar off and so far I didnt win a single match. Team Spirit at 50. Might have similar ML to your one from last year, where you got sacked. :LOL:

When you are standing still with the ball, you could tap it a yard forward. Usually for long balls.

The control as we knew it has gone from the game. There are a couple of things you can do that are vaguely similar but have to be done as a first touch.

1) Press both right shoulder buttons without any left stick input. This will make your player knock it out slightly, the way you are facing

2) Double tap sprint (default R1) and push LS in the direction towards the ball as it comes towards you. This will do a 'big' first touch (often applying backspin to the ball) and give you space to shoot, pass.

Neither of these allow you to place the ball where you want (as per last and previous years) so aren't ideal. Also, the second option doesn't happen every time so isn't that great. Or maybe I just haven't got my eye in regarding the timing.

Gutted they took this out.

Purchased a physical PS4. Played 5 match in League Mode in 1.0 version. Cagliari Serie A.(Loving Lucarelli as regista)

Pros:
- Team shape like 1.2

Cons
- Fouls like 1.2.

1.0 gameplay its just a Masterpiece. One of the best football games I've ever played, if not the best.

But it would be a hidden gem. The major part of users haven't played it for two reasons. Can't do it with a digital purchase and physical copy users didn't noticed bcz it was updated before the launch day.

Demo vs 1.2 judgement isn't fair. If you want to compare gameplays, and know how balance and ball physics impact on it, you should try 1.0.
What You mean „imposible import OF”

My #1 Thorn before everything is the change of R2. I wanted to give it time first and not moan as a super conservative, but after playing more what I see is, this change has really no purpose as many others said before. It Just renders the R2 useless in player control, except for the sprint feint.
What bothers me the most is while I receive a pass or control a ball, without R2 I feel that it is all too automatized now, no need to tune the press of R2 in time you control the ball, and the skill that turns over you to face opponent goalpost is with R1 now, which is also running. It is a set of unchained actions. The old set of functions of R2 were linked better, control-close control-special modifier etc.
The most sad part is that not a new combination is occupying the button, the most time after you control the ball is sitting there useless. It could stay like old times and the finesse “Iniesta” dribbling could be executed by R2+L3.

Last edited:

Pros:
- Team shape like 1.2

Cons
- Fouls like 1.2.

Glad your chuffed and rightly so..You do get the better AI in version 1.0 compared to the demo..

Couldn’t agree more with your breakdown and summary..

Enjoy!

How are feint shots useless and broken? I feel like they have become more effective against CPU.
just tried the super cancel offline with a pass, no issues it worked. Not sure if the issue is online only as i dont play. Anyway just played the best game iv'e played since patch . Milan V Atlanta. PA Off Advance through balls Manual shot and auto faint off. Superstar mode - i lost one nil but it had everything. Also feels more random not sure why but im guessing because the AI does more things such as long shots, dribbling etc.
How anyone can compare this to 18 or 19 is beyond me it is miles apart. It's also a lot better than 17 and i loved that. My only improvement would be a couple more fouls in the game i just had. I had 3 but there looked to be about 6 but the AI got away with a few. If they could tweak it a bit this for me would be the best football game ever, probably still is anyway

Glad the developers are looking into the feedback, Adam has mentioned they are trying to find a solution now the only worry is how long we gotta wait for the next patch and hope it doesn't screw up anything else

Back
Top Bottom