eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

They really need to fix the camera not keeping up with the ball in Stadium cam, how that got through QA I'll never know.

Because things can be fixed with a patch I’m pretty sure Konami (and the other company) don’t bother testing.
Every year within a few weeks they release a patch with a whole list of problems.

Anyone experienced when you're trying to cancel a pass or shot, you still shoot anyway?
I don't know why it isn't working. I made a pass accidentally, so before the ball makes contact with the player's foot, i press cancel...but he still passes anyway.
Is the R1+R2 broken?

Anyone experienced when you're trying to cancel a pass or shot, you still shoot anyway?
I don't know why it isn't working. I made a pass accidentally, so before the ball makes contact with the player's foot, i press cancel...but he still passes anyway.
Is the R1+R2 broken?
It's broken since the demo. Actually the time window has been shorten.

@Chris Davies as i played Paris FC in both 18 & 19 and possibly this year again, i created some fantasy kits, in pes master, i upload here if you or anybody else wants to use them as 3rd and 4th kits, cause these clubs usually have 2 kits. If you want to add some "fantash" variation. :P
Would really appreciate something like this as I have an idea for a league mode but am no good at making kits. Any help in this direction would be appreciated

All of that is from the demo (it says at the start). None from the full game.

@Richjie - this is your video, right? How do you feel about this stuff in the full game? Do you think there's less of this variety now?

Sorry, i saw this only now. Yeah it‘s my video.
I can‘t really answer this yet as i‘m currently playing on top player but even that has a lot of variation imo. At least the AI keeps me guessing pretty much all the time which i love.

How or from what menu can you change the pass assist level ? And is it possible to put on pass directions markers to show you which way you are intending to pass?

This right here is probably 100% different from what online is like. It‘s a slow, rough and dirty game of football and it demonstrates why i‘m currently in heaven with this game. It‘s absolutely unspectacular yet it kept me on my toes the entire time. That‘s what i want a 2. french league to feel like in master league!

I‘m playing manual (passing) but with a twist: you can see all my inputs all the time since i like keeping L2 pressed as in order for that aim-arrow to appear. Do you guys think this would make manual games more interesting to watch?

Are people wanting more fouls in game because they get none, or think that 2/3 a game is too little? Or is it because there are animations that you believe that should be a foul but not given for some reason?

For me, im getting 3s, 4s, 5s in terms of fouls against on a consistent basis. Not in Master League I will add, these are all single player World Cups, Champions Leagues etc. I use 10mins, Top Player.... if you scale it and its not exact, id be looking at 27 free kicks per game just for me... when in reality isnt the average about 10 per game for a team irl?

More fouls will kill the game for me :D

How or from what menu can you change the pass assist level ? And is it possible to put on pass directions markers to show you which way you are intending to pass?

I do it in controller select (where you select sides) press Square and all the options are there.

Go to menu -> select sides -> there you can customize controls.

As for the direction marker you can press L2 and then an arrow will show were you‘re currently aiming at.

Master League with Celtic. Top Player
Leave your pride behind and go Professional. Its not much easier, but might just give you a breathing space you need to adjust. Professional is very balanced.
my players seem very sluggish and the amount of times they don't stretch out a leg to try to intercept a ball
Take your foot of the gas, use jockey a lot.
Dont rush at them unless you can see and predict your movement. Maybe try changing defending to Conservative which might keep your player more focused on interceptions rather than pushing forward.
I am atrocious at defending
Always defend with Square button. Dont try to pass it - hoof it out. If its a hard cross from the side, dont even try to hoof it towards their keeper. Sometimes headers are less responsive when player needs to change direction of the ball. Its easier to defend when you aim towards direction where cross came from or hoof it out for a corner.
If its a low cross - again - jockey, position yourself and hoof it with a square rather than pass if under pressure.
Shooting is not Shooting on your own half. Its clearing the ball. It should not lead to own goal. Actual pass is more dangerous there.
Crossing is meh, no whip to the ball.
Try early cross - L1 + Cross. It has a bit more punch. Especially when you are on the side just before penalty area.

Just a few tips I can think of, which helped me a lot. Good luck.

I've never used dribbling much, have always found it ineffective. I guess I've developed a style over the years where I don't really need or rely on it.

Are people wanting more fouls in game because they get none, or think that 2/3 a game is too little? Or is it because there are animations that you believe that should be a foul but not given for some reason?

For me, im getting 3s, 4s, 5s in terms of fouls against on a consistent basis. Not in Master League I will add, these are all single player World Cups, Champions Leagues etc. I use 10mins, Top Player.... if you scale it and its not exact, id be looking at 27 free kicks per game just for me... when in reality isnt the average about 10 per game for a team irl?

More fouls will kill the game for me :D

For me it's about inconsistent refereeing. The cpu gets away with tackles that they would themselves get freekicks for. It just seems very biased against the player. I don't care for more fouls per match as a general rule, I just want the obvious ones to be called for the human team.

because there are animations that you believe that should be a foul but not given for some reason?
This. And no, it wouldnt kill the game. It would make defending more rewarding and spamming X less effective.
As it stands you dont need to use single or double tap X, you dont need to jockey, you dont need to time your tackles. You just have to get close and spam X. AI defending pressure is overpowered to bits and they throw you off the ball from right left and centre. How can someone not see these issues is beyond me.

Ps. And no - you wouldnt be looking at 27 free kicks per match if you learned how to defend. At the end of the demo, with all the stupid collision fouls that were in it, I was ending up with 5,6 per game. Which after fixing collision would be 3,4. Which after increasing the match time to 10mins would give you 6-8. Which is normal.
Unless you barge around like an Elephant without thinking.

Ps2. When people say they want more fouls - most dont mean the number at the end of the game. They are talking about everything else that comes with it. Risk/Reward defending, more effective dribbling, less unnaturally perfect AI,too overpowered X, more cards and more individuality.
Whats the point of having tackles, sliding tackles, deliberate fouls in the game, if simple holding X wins you the ball?

Last edited:
I know its possible to play Patch version 1.00 on disk version but is it really the same as the demo? Can someone confirm this for me please.

Yes..In every way..The only real difference is more polish on the PS4 and they ironed out most of the phantom colllisions and bad clipping..

Hi
I do not have a problem with super cancel so far
Ηi. Maybe you are familiar with the timing needed. I read many reports about this on demo. I tried in both demo and full and what i feel is you must be much faster this year to cancel a pass since the power gauge is shown. It feels different, at least for me and in comparison with previous versions.

I do it in controller select (where you select sides) press Square and all the options are there.

Hm not sure that works on online in myclub as I dont get that option to choose between teams.

When first to controller options here pass assist levels look like they are locked.

This right here is probably 100% different from what online is like. It‘s a slow, rough and dirty game of football and it demonstrates why i‘m currently in heaven with this game. It‘s absolutely unspectacular yet it kept me on my toes the entire time. That‘s what i want a 2. french league to feel like in master league!

I‘m playing manual (passing) but with a twist: you can see all my inputs all the time since i like keeping L2 pressed as in order for that aim-arrow to appear. Do you guys think this would make manual games more interesting to watch?

Is that the Ligue 1 on PS4?
Looks good and authentic with the adboards etc.
I have been toying with the idea of buying this having been reading the forums every day; the consensus seems regardless of patch they are using is that the game is a 'diamond in the rough.' Fun but frustrating in many ways. This year it seems the fun for most overrides the frustrations unlike in previous years.
What PES if any in the past would it most compare to?

Just had a game against Hearts. Scott McKenna vs Uche Ikpeazu. If ever there was a demonstration of how physical this game can feel it was that. In the air, on the ground - brilliant. Cleared out the ball and the man at one point (the type of tackle you celebrate like a goal) and it felt like my living room was shaking.

Back
Top Bottom