eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Will u be able to install option file to The game without net connection ?

This is the problem and a fat no!..You have to update before you can edit..

I just prefer the gameplay of the vanilla version..

Unless they revert it back this year I won’t be updating.

Imo the vanilla version is the best football game ever made.Its just the slower more realistic tempo and passing precision..And of course how good the stick control and dribbling feels..You get the explosive bursts of pace you see in real football.

Season of ML in, quick impressions:

*Professional/Top Player: plenty of straight-from-the-kick-off excitement goals, for both sides, but overall I wasn't getting my ass whipped by the scriptures of the konami lord too much. Surprisingly, but beware, the scripts still exist. Didn't ruin me completely though which is nice.
*Player awareness is a joke oftentimes. Where the hell did this even came from.
*Tons of fouls! I concede way more of them though. And some are very nonsensical. But there are fouls I guess?
*I enjoy AI doing all sorts of things tactically, there were plenty of cool matches with actual history to them. There were frantic sprinting competitions, there were handball games, and anything in between as well. AI variety is okay imho.
*I do PA1 and Manual Shooting. Basic Shooting straight out ruins the game. PA1 is not the worst, I might try PA0 and Superstar now that I'm in Serie A though.
*Passing around is a bliss, but it's been that way since 2015 really.

Huge elephant in the room, and I need someone to help me, this is my number one issue. Longshots. I miss PS2 era bitchslap cannon firebombs from 25+ meters that would destroy opposition's will to breathe and live among men. It required stats of course. I take in account that my team might now have said stats. I'm trying with Barca in training now and its the same really.

I like manual shooting this year. With right angle I can score from 20 meters even, but anything more than that suddenly becomes impossible. If anything this is the numero uno issue for me. I want to kill people. I want to see blood. I want nets ripped apart. But as of now, I have this dreadful feeling that no matter how hard and well aimed a shot is, the ball just slows down when it goes towards the goal, and keeper catches it no problem. This is horrendous, and it's been like that for years.

Teach me how to longshot, and I will crown this game as Good PES Game.

Is that the Ligue 1 on PS4?
Looks good and authentic with the adboards etc.
I have been toying with the idea of buying this having been reading the forums every day; the consensus seems regardless of patch they are using is that the game is a 'diamond in the rough.' Fun but frustrating in many ways. This year it seems the fun for most overrides the frustrations unlike in previous years.
What PES if any in the past would it most compare to?

It‘s League 2.
I can only speak for myself but i‘m enjoying this game far more than i‘ve enjoyed pes 18 and pes 19 together.
For me it has the unpredictability of PES 17 and the on-the-ball gameplay improvements from 18 and 19.

I love this game, absolutely love it.

Me too. Good few years since I've enjoyed a football game this much and - unlike last year when both games were abominable out of the box - I'm glad to be able to get stuck into it in week one.

Not without its flaws, and I'm taking note as it would be remiss of me not to pass something onto the developers via Facebook, but in the main I think it's fantastic.

Here's a "non-existent physicality" complaint! (relating to Adam's tweet!) -

This literally just happened, I promise it's worth a watch! I'm playing (fixed cursor) as the player who plays the pass to Pepe!

I think it was just a 'hit box' malfunction, play just carried on!

Adam responded to my tweet the team are looking Into it apparently
giphy.gif

Really back to loving it again,took a while to find the right Difficulty/cam /team.

One thing,I played a game of BAL last night,and my good how free and great you player moves in that game.
Night and day in difference!

Super cancel,saw a few posts about it,and the window of executing is smaller this year Vs 17-18 (can't speak for 19 hardly played it) so you're right there @slamsoze

Back playing stadium cam again,gotta love that angle,game flows so nice on it.
Going for Roma this year,since I know both @Madmac79 and @Filippo-Inzaghi loves that.

Are people wanting more fouls in game because they get none, or think that 2/3 a game is too little? Or is it because there are animations that you believe that should be a foul but not given for some reason?

For me, im getting 3s, 4s, 5s in terms of fouls against on a consistent basis. Not in Master League I will add, these are all single player World Cups, Champions Leagues etc. I use 10mins, Top Player.... if you scale it and its not exact, id be looking at 27 free kicks per game just for me... when in reality isnt the average about 10 per game for a team irl?

More fouls will kill the game for me :D
My preference is a foul situation probably random if you or cpu just sprint, press, hit and make you/them stumble.. and disposes you/them.

Are people wanting more fouls in game because they get none, or think that 2/3 a game is too little? Or is it because there are animations that you believe that should be a foul but not given for some reason?

For me, im getting 3s, 4s, 5s in terms of fouls against on a consistent basis. Not in Master League I will add, these are all single player World Cups, Champions Leagues etc. I use 10mins, Top Player.... if you scale it and its not exact, id be looking at 27 free kicks per game just for me... when in reality isnt the average about 10 per game for a team irl?

More fouls will kill the game for me :D

No one cares about the number of fouls. I had in the demo with 12 mins matches 3 fouls too. Its the foul system was great, you couldnt recklessly tackle from any angle you want in the demo. You had to pick the right player to tackle someone (Mandzukic was worse tackler than Chiellini). You could foul on purpose while not doing slide tackle which results a yellow almost every time, you could do tactical fouls. It was realistic football in that regard. All that is gone.

Transfers on low or fairly low is great for anyone wanting a more realistic type market. Unless it goes insane on deadline day then there's only been 4 or 5 major money deals in the window. I saw PSG had bought someone from Dijon and thought it might be just like the old PES titles where they buy some random 34 year old forward for no reason but they've actually bought a 19 year old who is 75 rated. Spurs have done the same with another teams youngster so at least when these big clubs are buying from smaller teams they're buying youngsters for potential and not any random player they happen to be selling.

AI teams have also made loan signings and a few free agent signings too which gives a little more variety as well.

Ah OK, never used it for that
You should try it. Against human is better than fake shot, cause better response and the power gauge appearing as a bait for the other. Against cpu, it is useless of course ,cause CPU is cheaty reading you button input and not your player movement.

Teach me how to longshot, and I will crown this game as Good PES Game.

I think long-range shooting in PES has been nerfed for the online multiplayer age. It's a balancing thing. You can still score them, but the % likelihood has gone from around 10% in the pre-online era, to perhaps as low as 0.5% now. If you ever play online you'll notice that very very few players ever shoot from outside the box. They just don't do it, as they know there's so little chance of scoring from range that they'd be wasting possession. PES2014 was where it was most noticeable. Long-range goals (25+ yards) were almost impossible on that game until its February patch.

What do you guys think about the impact of stats in this game? I feel a pleasant change from 2019. I played around in training, specifically paying attention to this, and players with 40s-50s feel very different from players in the 60s-70s. When it comes to speed, finishing, tackle, ball control (first touch very noticeable!), heading, dribbling. I certainly felt the difference.

Passing I am not sure about. Don't really know how to test it. When i pass the ball around in training, everyone passes very well, but that's realistic. Even I could go to a pratice field and make decent short/medium passes.

What are the cons of playing 1.0 version? Will I be able to run live update to get the latest transfers?
No, that's the con. You can't update stuff, install patches, etc. Because the game will not be connected to the internet if it's not the latest version.

also, I think the AI is too passive in the original game (on professional)

Last edited:
I have hit a familiar wall in Master League where I can't get a win no matter what. Thinking of going down to professional and switching the shooting to manual to balance it out.

Really back to loving it again,took a while to find the right Difficulty/cam /team.

One thing,I played a game of BAL last night,and my good how free and great you player moves in that game.
Night and day in difference!

Super cancel,saw a few posts about it,and the window of executing is smaller this year Vs 17-18 (can't speak for 19 hardly played it) so you're right there @slamsoze

Back playing stadium cam again,gotta love that angle,game flows so nice on it.
Going for Roma this year,since I know both @Madmac79 and @Filippo-Inzaghi loves that.

:LOL:

All good man, just hope you'll keep enjoy it, I hope to see many Roma ML videos :DD

I think long-range shooting in PES has been nerfed for the online multiplayer age. It's a balancing thing. You can still score them, but the % likelihood has gone from around 10% in the pre-online era, to perhaps as low as 0.5% now. If you ever play online you'll notice that very very few players ever shoot from outside the box. They just don't do it, as they know there's so little chance of scoring from range that they'd be wasting possession. PES2014 was where it was most noticeable. Long-range goals (25+ yards) were almost impossible on that game until its February patch.

Yeah I remember PES14, especially TTBs playthrough with Man Red where almost all his goals were exactly the same.

And then in that one random game lo and behold Tom mother fucking Cleverley bangs in a long shot. Comedy gold from Konami!!!

I will keep trying. I mean there's all those longshot related abilities, there has to be a way. I refuse to give up!!

Which also goes to show I enjoy the game and am willing to keep trying!

Back
Top Bottom