eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

@Emroth I to made some edits to tactics last nigh,and like you,I got a bit of a suprise seeing that only 2(ish) Serie A teams were closing up shop when defending.
To me that seems a bit strange,I might have to re do them,since Italian teams quite often play 5-3-2 very deep in defence (to my knowledge)

Guys, if your first few matches are evening games does it turn out all of them will be for the season? I’ve just started a new ML save and I don’t want evening games all season.

They could do so much more with the league licences they have but it’s the best minimum sadly. A fully broadcast package should be done for the likes of the SPL and such. Would make all the difference but they clearly don’t see the fine details as being important for some reason.
That's so fucking strange,or stupid would I say.
They have it,but simply don't care.
Why not compete on that front with leagues FIFA has no interest in and make a bang with it.
Really poor

So a round up of ML teams you play as?
My ML team (will probably change a billion times) is Roma.
Why?
Stadium+an interesting squad.
Though I should play Ligue1 or SPL for variation

That's so fucking strange,or stupid would I say.
They have it,but simply don't care.
Why not compete on that front with leagues FIFA has no interest in and make a bang with it.
Really poor
I prayed the other game would get the UEFA licenses because of what they do with theirs - lo and behold, the implementation is stunning. An extra commentry team etc. - imagine having new commentary in PES, let alone an extra pair of commentators. It's been needed for years...

PES will never change in this regard. They will never choose to spend their budget on presentation and license implementation. Gameplay is king but it'd be great just to have some SLIGHT upgrades...

Guys, if your first few matches are evening games does it turn out all of them will be for the season? I’ve just started a new ML save and I don’t want evening games all season.
In Ligue 2 my games are all at night because that's the real schedule, so I'm assuming it's the real schedule in your ML too.

You can always go into the stadium settings pre-game and change it to "day" now and then! Oh - I've just seen your post above... You can't change the times listed, but, in my experience, they're real times!

What I mean is, it states the match times for all fixtures now. It’s an immersion breaker if I’m playing at 8pm but change the pre match screen to day time.

It’s my OCD!
Ah,got it!
I kinda knew it was something like that.
Haven't really looked at the fixture list,but I've seenore day than night games in my ML

You want me to come over and re arrange all your pens on your coffe table,all straight and pointing upwards?
(Me to are a bit OCD ish mate)

Ah,got it!
I kinda knew it was something like that.
Haven't really looked at the fixture list,but I've seenore day than night games in my ML

You want me to come over and re arrange all your pens on your coffe table,all straight and pointing upwards?
(Me to are a bit OCD ish mate)
Haha yes please!

I shouldn’t jest really because I do actually struggle with a bit of OCD in real life - nothing major but it’s there.

I’m terrible for starting career modes over and over. For example, if I have a really bad start to a season and I’m a club expected to do well then I start the whole thing again. I refuse to restart a match because it’s cheating!

Yes it’s about having fun at the end of the day. I take it all too seriously.

Good to know that match times change, I remember Chris saying all of his were at 6pm.

I think the commentary is so bad it’s just accepted now like a company gag, 2 decades of it and it continues.

Of course it will get stale depending on the amount you play it but it’s been the same lines for years now. I’d rather just two random guys do it rather than known names if it’s a cost thing

Haha yes please!

I shouldn’t jest really because I do actually struggle with a bit of OCD in real life - nothing major but it’s there.

I’m terrible for starting career modes over and over. For example, if I have a really bad start to a season and I’m a club expected to do well then I start the whole thing again. I refuse to restart a match because it’s cheating!

Yes it’s about having fun at the end of the day. I take it all too seriously.

Good to know that match times change, I remember Chris saying all of his were at 6pm.
Yeah it's a good feature that Ligue 1/2 has proper kick off times.
I've restarted my ML since Monday night 00:00 about four times I guess.
I'm terrible at it,and I know that I will probably do it later tonight again,simply (OCD) because I know most low ranked Serie A teams play a very tight defence,and Pes 20 has screwed that up.
Is it Milan or UTD atm?

I decided to buy it, thinking maybe people were exaggerating with the lack of fouls... First half of my first match in Exhibition mode (vs Superstar) this happens...

ezgif-4-1ec034ae7f4b.gif

I think the commentary is so bad it’s just accepted now like a company gag, 2 decades of it and it continues.

Of course it will get stale depending on the amount you play it but it’s been the same lines for years now. I’d rather just two random guys do it rather than known names if it’s a cost thing
You play Serie A right?
I've had Italian commentaries since PES 15,works pretty ok for immersion

Yeah it's a good feature that Ligue 1/2 has proper kick off times.
I've restarted my ML since Monday night 00:00 about four times I guess.
I'm terrible at it,and I know that I will probably do it later tonight again,simply (OCD) because I know most low ranked Serie A teams play a very tight defence,and Pes 20 has screwed that up.
Is it Milan or UTD atm?
Utd but I’m not feeling it. Premier League matches never feel right in PES. I’m watching Inter v Udinese at the moment and it’s making me want to start a Milan save!

(My previous Milan save is gone I saved over it like a silly person.)

Utd but I’m not feeling it. Premier League matches never feel right in PES. I’m watching Inter v Udinese at the moment and it’s making me want to start a Milan save!

(My previous Milan save is gone I saved over it like a silly person.)
Ha ha,just like me.
I saw Fiorentina v Juve earlier today,and a couple of La Liga games to,so I'll probably restart after some editing (Roma/Lazio/Milan)

I prayed the other game would get the UEFA licenses because of what they do with theirs - lo and behold, the implementation is stunning. An extra commentry team etc. - imagine having new commentary in PES, let alone an extra pair of commentators. It's been needed for years...

PES will never change in this regard. They will never choose to spend their budget on presentation and license implementation. Gameplay is king but it'd be great just to have some SLIGHT upgrades...

In Ligue 2 my games are all at night because that's the real schedule, so I'm assuming it's the real schedule in your ML too.

You can always go into the stadium settings pre-game and change it to "day" now and then! Oh - I've just seen your post above... You can't change the times listed, but, in my experience, they're real times!

I don't completely agree that they've never implemented presentation. In older games the UEFA license was fine, everything was taken care of imo. Same for the Libertadores license when they had it. It's funny because the AFC Champions League does actually have the full presentation package in PES 2020. Try an exhibition match between two AFC teams and the difference is so evident. Scoreboard, nameplates etc. all are exactly the same as a proper TV presentation. So there is evidence that they can do this sort of thing right. I do agree that presentation in general is shocking now.

Also, considering leagues in real life now actively try to brand themselves I imagine it would be no bother at all to ask for all the graphic textures directly from the leagues they have licenses for. The Eredivisie presentation package in real life for example is universal, meaning everywhere Eredivisie matches are shown the same scoreboard, replay graphic etc. are used. This means that they could probably get easy access to everything they'd need to implement it into the game as they wouldn't have to approach TV channels but just the leagues they already have licenses for.

Ha ha,just like me.
I saw Fiorentina v Juve earlier today,and a couple of La Liga games to,so I'll probably restart after some editing (Roma/Lazio/Milan)
What editing you gonna do? My game is pretty much sorted, Serie A and B all done for me: kits, manager names, rivalries, stadium names - all done.

What editing you gonna do? My game is pretty much sorted, Serie A and B all done for me: kits, manager names, rivalries, stadium names - all done.
Some small stuff,like setting teams like Lecce etc on deep defensive line and not pressing etc.
Breaks the immersion to see Brescia /Lecce /Spal play with a high defensive line and gegen press all over the place
Nothing major,half an hour or so.

I decided to buy it, thinking maybe people were exaggerating with the lack of fouls... First half of my first match in Exhibition mode (vs Superstar) this happens...

ezgif-4-1ec034ae7f4b.gif

There’s plenty of fouls in the game post and pre patch....

Easy to win free kicks round the box and draw fouls..Having plenty...Bare in mind I’m playing pre patch though so the nature of player control and physicality makes it slightly easier..

I still think a lot of people jumped the gun on this game..The demo needed the rough edges of the foul system ironed out..that’s it..A little more variety from the A1 and a real sense(healthy fear)that the bigger teams are dangerous and lethal to play against.Out of the box the vanilla version is exactly that.

By version 1.0 or when the game went gold this would of already been done so the demo feedback probably hadn’t even been taken into account.

I can’t gauge precisely how many fouls are in the game post patch but I would wager over time it’s less noticeable post patch because of how the dribbling/player movement system was slightly altered along with physicality to reduce the amount of time play is stopped or collisions pulled up.

Imo they’ve got it bang on in version 1.O and should of communicated this better and let people play that version first before jumping quickly in with a day one patch.The AI both interms of variety and how it plays is the same pre and post patch.Its a big step up from the demo.

Last edited:
Same here mate - I've just downloaded a *brilliant* option file from a Brazilian PES page which is the most complete I've found, and all the kits are 1024x1024 (which is essential to fit them all in), but...

* We're still missing real manager names and images, plus stadium names and images, for non-partner clubs across existing leagues (e.g. Belgium)

* We're still missing assignments for things like derby matches and banner texts across all leagues

* We're still missing replacements for the fake "Other Europe" teams

* We're still missing replacements for the fake South American league (I'd love a Liga MX file) and the fake Asian league (fingers crossed for a J-League file)

So I'm staying in France for now, where (almost) everything is gloriously licensed...

Yeah although I can probably manage by ignoring South America and Asia, as I think that will take too long for me to arrive. However the EU teams, I think there are 7.. personally ive downloaded that Beerschot team to cover one of them, they will do... I just need 7 teams, dont care who they are, just want them not to be silly name FC :D

Some small stuff,like setting teams like Lecce etc on deep defensive line and not pressing etc.
Breaks the immersion to see Brescia /Lecce /Spal play with a high defensive line and gegen press all over the place
Nothing major,half an hour or so.
Jump in the master League thread when start one mate, post your goals etc.

I’ll start a Milan one tomorrow evening. Going to stick with it now I’ve found a camera angle I like.

You get unique adboards, a few more stadiums, the league logo in the replays etc... The atmosphere is as bad as any other in the game. White noise and badly simulated chants where they've obviously recorded 20 blokes in a studio and tried to copy-and-paste them into a chant effect, but instead made it sound like zombies have formed a small local choir...

And also, a significant amount of players have the exact same face. I mean they're actually identical. Which makes replays look ridiculous. Clone A celebrating with Clone B.

But the kits are great...!
@Chris Davies as i played Paris FC in both 18 & 19 and possibly this year again, i created some fantasy kits, in pes master, i upload here if you or anybody else wants to use them as 3rd and 4th kits, cause these clubs usually have 2 kits. If you want to add some "fantash" variation. :P
It has gone long time since i shared something plus i lack much in creativity. Maybe i will open a thread and share my portfolio with concept kits-clubs-logos.

P.S.: imgur did not allowed me to upload them for some limitations reason. I hope they come full size 2048x2048.

P.S.2: I want since last year create a PARIS FC kit with an Eifel Tower sketch in the middle of the shirt, but i cannot find one good png sketch.

Attachments

• PARIS FC concept #3.png
    PARIS FC concept #3.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 7
  • PARIS FC concept #4.png
    PARIS FC concept #4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Jump in the master League thread when start one mate, post your goals etc.

I’ll start a Milan one tomorrow evening. Going to stick with it now I’ve found a camera angle I like.
Will do!
Btw you're not on stadium cam either i presume?
I'm playing pitch side something

Back
Top Bottom