eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The video has more than 5000 views and more than 200 likes!
It is on the top messages of Facebook PES Developers Team page.

Great mates!!!:BEER:

Many thanks!!:WORSHIP:

Enougth motivation to make a second one.
Will be about Ball Physics: "How ball weight killed randomness and makes feel everything on rails."

PD: Don't forget to vote it PES Developers Team page, as Adam said, it seems huge important:
https://www.facebook.com/pes.devteam/

Feel like a kid in a candy shop... who to pick for Master League!?

Mum has given me a small budget.... but whose that over there? Its the Pope and he is trying to tempt me over, maybe theres something extra special by him for me to try.

Do I fall for that temptation :THINK:

The video has more than 5000 views and more than 200 likes!
It is on the top messages of Facebook PES Developers Team page.

Great mates!!!:BEER:

Many thanks!!:WORSHIP:

Enougth motivation to make a second one.
Will be about Ball Physics: "How ball weight killed randomness and makes feel everything on rails."

PD: Don't forget to vote it PES Developers Team page, as Adam said, it seems huge important:
https://www.facebook.com/pes.devteam/

Perhaps do you consider one later in the future about ai dribbling?

Damn, you dont look here for half a day and there are 7 extra pages to go trough. If anything, this game does strike an emotional chord, for better or worse.

Finally had the chance to play a few games again yesterday evening. Started a league with Roma. After mostly playing Boca - River, i really had to get to grips with playing a better team, let alone an Italian one.

They really improved the differences between teams, thats for sure. When i played lower ranked teams i actually felt i had the upperhand, that if i just played my best game and i would have a bit of luck in the finishing, i would not need to worry.
With the right player you can take on defenders much easier against Lecce then against Inter. Dzeko will brush low rated defenders of him with ease while with Kluivert you can do a last second touch to dash away. In 2019 it did not matter against who you played, you never felt comfortable against the AI. Adds a lot of depth and variation to the game. You need to approach every game differently.

Playing on speed 0 now, but still switching back and forth. There is just something off with 0, you can notice a lot more clipping and unnatural transitions, as if the game was designed for a slower pace but they rushed out a faster version in the last minute and took some shortcuts. Passing gets weird as well, as if it has less color; only slow and fast and nothing in between. The good thing is, all these negatives are much reduced when you play on long grass.

This game sure is tough love sometimes but i will keep on trying. Maybe this clip sums it up perfectly, 2020 can switch from jaw dropping to crap in mere seconds:

Last edited:
Just played the Matchday Mode.

There's no filter options, so you have to play against anyone. All using PA3, and... Oh my God. I don't think I've ever been so close to smashing my PS4 controller against a wall before.

I would love to watch a PES dev play it and ask him, every time he tries to kick the ball and nothing happens, "how does that make you feel?"

"Having to first-time-pass everything because if you don't, and you take a touch instead, EVERY FUCKING TIME, the other guy will just run into your frozen-solid player and run off with the ball... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

"And notice the formations? 5-0-5? 4-1-5? If you're lucky, 3-3-4? DOES THIS NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING? That your engine actively REWARDS this bollocks?"

It's unbelievable.

If I was an average Joe, the current generation, who exclusively play online - and you gave me a go of this game, PA3 everywhere, players with reaction times of a stunned fucking MOOSE, smacking it from goalkeeper to Lukaku and your defenders just bouncing off him (and EVEN THAT is only if you can select them AND get them to move in time, which is delayed by a fucking age)...

...I'd wonder why the hell anyone played PES, seriously. The worst online experience I've ever had. No wonder there are FIFA players who think we're mad.

If you only play the online side of things, you will only ever see a dreadful game.

There's no filter options, so you have to play against anyone. All using PA3, and... Oh my God. I don't think I've ever been so close to smashing my PS4 controller against a wall before.

I would love to watch a PES dev play it and ask him, every time he tries to kick the ball and nothing happens, "how does that make you feel?"

"Having to first-time-pass everything because if you don't, and you take a touch instead, EVERY FUCKING TIME, the other guy will just run into your frozen-solid player and run off with the ball... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

"And notice the formations? 5-0-5? 4-1-5? If you're lucky, 3-3-4? DOES THIS NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING? That your engine actively REWARDS this bollocks?"

It's unbelievable.

If I was an average Joe, the current generation, who exclusively play online - and you gave me a go of this game, PA3 everywhere, players with reaction times of a stunned fucking MOOSE, smacking it from goalkeeper to Lukaku and your defenders just bouncing off him (and EVEN THAT is only if you can select them AND get them to move in time, which is delayed by a fucking age)...

...I'd wonder why the hell anyone played PES, seriously. The worst online experience I've ever had. No wonder there are FIFA players who think we're mad.

If you only play the online side of things, you will only ever see a dreadful game.

I'm wondering if its just me, or 88 rated Chadli or 84 rated Draxler. I get the ball, turn away from defender and get instantly tackled every time. If I try to pass they dont release the ball at all.

Theis I would expect from bronze 50 rated players, maybe. But gold players??

I'm thinking the game engine just cant process animations fast enough so you just get tackled.

Same when a loose ball just hits your player who makes no reaction. It's like the cpu just didnt calculate it and there is therefore not enough time to animate the reaction so it just bounces off them?

The only use I have for my 100 coin tote chadli is to use up his contract in my sim team then turn him into a xp trainer I'm.so annoyed with him.
At least i know i am not alone.

I didn't even write my piece on myclub yet and its failed ingame economy that now truly pushes players towards gambling for real money.

Edit 2 other things, every time I get a long free kick I know I will lose the ball.

Also why cant I take goal kicks and pass them.tk my players inside my box ? I didn't get 90 rated belotti so have bo target man to aim for...

The myclub piece starts something like;

How do you buy a discard value 78 rated player like Embolo using the scouting system ?

Just to add a few examples of this:
W36vEab.jpg
tYVvKtm.jpg
5IsVAJJ.jpg

Literally no midfield... and it works.

It's unbelievable.

Unfortunately - they badly need "same settings" filter. And I mean - fucking yesterday.
There will always be specimen that likes this sort of play, but why the hell people looking for normal game have to deal with this shit is beyond me.

Whenever I went online I never had such bad experience, but thats because on PA0 you are being paired with PA0. Which also is not ideal, since people use different shoot settings.

And then they ask on the survey - why do you not play online? Is it coz:
A) i dont like fantasy teams
B) i think its too easy to obtain players
C) i think lagging and cheating is a problem

Well how about
D) Coz Im trying to play football here

Has anyone got any job offers in master league yet? And if so were they realistic?

In previous years you'd always get an offer from the team directly below you. It was ridiculous

Has anyone got any job offers in master league yet? And if so were they realistic?

In previous years you'd always get an offer from the team directly below you. It was ridiculous
I've got Paris FC to 10th at the half-way mark of the season, and I've had a job offer from Ma Zebra (i.e. Ascoli). That's it so far. Others are reporting shedloads of prestigious national team offers no matter how badly they're doing.

I've got Paris FC to 10th at the half-way mark of the season, and I've had a job offer from Ma Zebra (i.e. Ascoli). That's it so far. Others are reporting shedloads of prestigious national team offers no matter how badly they're doing.

Alright that seems decent. From a club point of view anyway

Damn, you dont look here for half a day and there are 7 extra pages to go trough. If anything, this game does strike an emotional chord, for better or worse.

Finally had the chance to play a few games again yesterday evening. Started a league with Roma. After mostly playing Boca - River, i really had to get to grips with playing a better team, let alone an Italian one.

They really improved the differences between teams, thats for sure. When i played lower ranked teams i actually felt i had the upperhand, that if i just played my best game and i would have a bit of luck in the finishing, i would not need to worry.
With the right player you can take on defenders much easier against Lecce then against Inter. Dzeko will brush low rated defenders of him with ease while with Kluivert you can do a last second touch to dash away. In 2019 it did not matter against who you played, you never felt comfortable against the AI. Adds a lot of depth and variation to the game. You need to approach every game differently.

Playing on speed 0 now, but still switching back and forth. There is just something off with 0, you can notice a lot more clipping and unnatural transitions, as if the game was designed for a slower pace but they rushed out a faster version in the last minute and took some shortcuts. Passing gets weird as well, as if it has less color; only slow and fast and nothing in between. The good thing is, all these negatives are much reduced when you play on long grass.

This game sure is tough love sometimes but i will keep on trying. Maybe this clip sums it up perfectly, 2020 can switch from jaw dropping to crap in mere seconds:

Are you still playing 8mins matches (as mentioned in settings page)?

Oh yeah, this..
Certain individual showed me this earlier.
Nothing useful really, but as I said - these are complex and sensitive issues we are having and they already went too far twice, both ways. So I dont mind them taking some time to properly test it and find a right balance.

I sure don’t wanna defend the sometimes stupid looking gk animations...
but yes, a keeper can dive that far for a penalty. ;)
Just saying!!
6a91feca-079f-4a69-bw4kkn.jpeg

Neuers upper body is at goal post area. Hands clearly “over” the pole.

So let’s focus on the really important stuff!! :D

Oh yeah, this..
Certain individual showed me this earlier.
Nothing useful really, but as I said - these are complex and sensitive issues we are having and they already went too far twice, both ways. So I dont mind them taking some time to properly test it and find a right balance.
At least they are responding this early...
(For the pc guys, the vsync thing is actually a relief)

I hope so too. The current state is very shocking. So afraid to concede FKs around the box because it is a automatic goal. The level of the taker doesn't matter, every single of them is a goal. How did they let that happen ?

This problem is bizzare , ive played around 50 games and the cpu as yet to score a fk on me near the box...

If you make your wall jump they never get it over the wall...

Back
Top Bottom