eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Has anyone got any job offers in master league yet? And if so were they realistic?

In previous years you'd always get an offer from the team directly below you. It was ridiculous
I have not progressed enough this year, but last year it was ultra broken and linear. IE you were 4th in Scottish Premier, you got offers from 4th clubs of Belgium, Denmark and one random from Latin America. I hope it works better this year.

After latest update, I went to change national team selection for Brasil, and the Chinese players (e.g. Paulinho, Hulk) were present twice--as free agents and from a Chinese team.

As some people have already said in this thread, it plays such a good game with the poorer teams. I've updated the Chinese Super League transfers and started a master league with Dalian Yifang which I'm finding really enjoyable. It's quite tough and for large spells it's like playing with a 2nd tier team but each team has a small group of foreign players who are a step above and you can really feel the difference this year. Carrasco, Hamsik and Rondon are my 3 big players and they're literally game changers at times. In one match I was playing one of the poorer teams in one of the huge stadiums and there was probably as many empty seats as people which I thought was a nice little touch.

Another thing that was good (at first) was I noticed that I wasn't in the ICC as not all teams should be, especially smaller ones. However the downside is I had no pre season friendlies to test formations and players which wasn't ideal. Hopefully something they can sort going forward.

You mean in edit mode?

Yes. I haven't installed any OF yet (I normally wait more than a couple of weeks).

I go to "Add Player", sort by overall rating, and there's 2 of each.

I haven't tried adding 2 of a player, so I'm not sure if it'd actually go through.

PS4 btw

Yes i get it. No relation to OFS. It is a game thing. If you plan to start a Master League, and your concern are duplicates, you are ok. The game code excludes the duplicate players, when the one of two is in free agents. So my proposal is, register to the NT team, those who are already in a club and you are perfect. Let the free agents as free agents.

GENERAL RULE is, as long as the one of two is a free agent you are ok. You have problem if you register both duplicates to two different clubs. Only exception here the clubs like chinese in AFC that have a club duplicate in CSL, but this is an other topic, cause they work differently. I dont expand to avoid confuse you more.

Score 0-0. Minute 90+3. Seat, jump.

ezgif-5-93217375a0e5.gif
My first ML goal was a 25 yard beaut like this one in the 93rd minute, an equaliser too :)

Anyway guys. Just thought I'd let you know. Plan was not to preorder - I was successful. One less preorder doesn't do much but I'm glad I didn't fall for the demo bait-and-switch.
Next was to allow 7 days to decide whether to get or not and refine which format etc.
I had some XB credit which sways me towards a digital purchase.
I also have had some bad sleepless nights this past 2 weeks - reminds me a little when I was starting my team in PEN.
I'm aware of PC and PS4 potential with patched but I think I don't want to spend much more time like every year modding/patching. Maybe later but not now.
Tried the FIFA demo - too similar to 19.

I'm downloading on XB now. I'll play whenever and just go through the motions.

Hoping this move helps me sleep better starting from tonight.

Tried my best with the "Don't preorder" angle. Pretty much tired cos been saying it for a few years. I pass the baton to your good selves for next year but my sig will remain as is.

Thanks for the opinions.

Anyone know of teams edited to replace the 'fakes' in Other European yet?

I cant start ML till they are gone, its making me itch :D

Are you still playing 8mins matches (as mentioned in settings page)?

Mostly, yes, as for now as it allows me to play more different games in those few hours i have every other evening. Will stick to 10 at some point because i do think a longer match gives more room for the 'story' of the match to evolve.

Anyway guys. Just thought I'd let you know. Plan was not to preorder - I was successful. One less preorder doesn't do much but I'm glad I didn't fall for the demo bait-and-switch.
Next was to allow 7 days to decide whether to get or not and refine which format etc.
I had some XB credit which sways me towards a digital purchase.
I also have had some bad sleepless nights this past 2 weeks - reminds me a little when I was starting my team in PEN.
I'm aware of PC and PS4 potential with patched but I think I don't want to spend much more time like every year modding/patching. Maybe later but not now.
Tried the FIFA demo - too similar to 19.

I'm downloading on XB now. I'll play whenever and just go through the motions.

Hoping this move helps me sleep better starting from tonight.

Tried my best with the "Don't preorder" angle. Pretty much tired cos been saying it for a few years. I pass the baton to your good selves for next year but my sig will remain as is.

Thanks for the opinions.

Knowing what you know now, why not go for the hard copy?

Is there something i'm missing with basic shooting? Every shot I take goes straight at the keeper.

I'm used to manual, but I would prefer that shooting was stat based.
Funny you mention this. For a brief moment I switched to Basic. Found it tad too easy to aim, coming from manual. Manual felt much more rewarding for me, so I quickly changed back. But during my time on Basic (stadium cam, angle 7) most of my shots were going straight in the middle. Especially if I shot being in a straight line with a goal. Coming from an angle was ok.
It was a bit odd as I was trying to hit corners every time.
Didnt spend much time analysing it tho, as, like I said - I fairly quickly went back to manual.

ok guys first of all retard alert for that i am going to say! i have a silly idea maybe is my imagination
i have change auto feint now i have it off and i think the ball is more free it dont stays like in glue,can someone try and tell my his opinion??

ok guys first of all ****** alert for that i am going to say! i have a silly idea maybe is my imagination
i have change auto feint now i have it off and i think the ball is more free it dont stays like in glue,can someone try and tell my his opinion??
I'm going to try it out,I'm shit at dribbling in this game anyway

My first ML goal was a 25 yard beaut like this one in the 93rd minute, an equaliser too :)
And we all want to see that in video!! :)
Give us satisfaction, pal!!

@john264 i have it off as well but I’m not sure it “free’s” the ball. It’s “just” different inputs and a more versatile outcome to me.
I tried auto feint on when some users here mentioned it... (I give a lot of stuff a try) but I wanna be in control and don’t want game aids to help me. Even if fuma is still somehow guided/assisted I take that every time over a feeling of “something is taken out of my hands”!
But that’s just me... And I know im not the norm! ;)

Last edited:
So they still have not figured out the ref. AI, since what, atleast 2014? :LMAO:

..talkin about "basics", then you look to Fifa and their goofy player models and wonky frostbite engine animations and think oh my we have the year 2019, weird times we re livin in weird times.

Had a penalty! It was that exciting that I missed it as well :D

Still, I dont get where or why people are not drawing fouls. Im not doing anything fancy, probably play less one touch football than most on here do, maybe thats the reason.... but the game is full of fouls.

Had a penalty! It was that exciting that I missed it as well :D

Still, I dont get where or why people are not drawing fouls. Im not doing anything fancy, probably play less one touch football than most on here do, maybe thats the reason.... but the game is full of fouls.
I had a penalty in Pes 18,had to pause the game and go on YouTube with my phone and sort out how to take it.
Ridiculous low amount of Pens since PES 17

Anyone know of teams edited to replace the 'fakes' in Other European yet?

I cant start ML till they are gone, its making me itch :D
Same here mate - I've just downloaded a *brilliant* option file from a Brazilian PES page which is the most complete I've found, and all the kits are 1024x1024 (which is essential to fit them all in), but...

* We're still missing real manager names and images, plus stadium names and images, for non-partner clubs across existing leagues (e.g. Belgium)

* We're still missing assignments for things like derby matches and banner texts across all leagues

* We're still missing replacements for the fake "Other Europe" teams

* We're still missing replacements for the fake South American league (I'd love a Liga MX file) and the fake Asian league (fingers crossed for a J-League file)

So I'm staying in France for now, where (almost) everything is gloriously licensed...

I should say, I feel like the reduction in foul rates is in part due to the fact taht FKs are so easy to score since 2018.
Nope, it's because Konami have absolutely no balls whatsoever and butcher their games before release every single year despite being told to leave it alone. Pandering to the online eSports bore lords.

Nope, it's because Konami have absolutely no balls whatsoever and butcher their games before release every single year despite being told to leave it alone. Pandering to the online eSports bore lords.

There is no need to butcher anything, we have the year 2019 (again..), you can have several settings, sliders, or even the lazy version that online is different than offline, but theyre even too lazy for that, so instead they butcher it, yep.

That right stick dribble feature is lost on me. Watched video tutorials and the lot but as soon as i try it someone waltzes up and takes the ball with ease

@Chris Davies big up for playing Ligue 1/Domino's.
Two licenced divisions,don't know why I don't play there.
How the atmosphere?
You get unique adboards, a few more stadiums, the league logo in the replays etc... The atmosphere is as bad as any other in the game. White noise and badly simulated chants where they've obviously recorded 20 blokes in a studio and tried to copy-and-paste them into a chant effect, but instead made it sound like zombies have formed a small local choir...

And also, a significant amount of players have the exact same face. I mean they're actually identical. Which makes replays look ridiculous. Clone A celebrating with Clone B.

But the kits are great...!

Same here mate - I've just downloaded a *brilliant* option file from a Brazilian PES page which is the most complete I've found, and all the kits are 1024x1024 (which is essential to fit them all in), but...

* We're still missing real manager names and images, plus stadium names and images, for non-partner clubs across existing leagues (e.g. Belgium)

* We're still missing assignments for things like derby matches and banner texts across all leagues

* We're still missing replacements for the fake "Other Europe" teams

* We're still missing replacements for the fake South American league (I'd love a Liga MX file) and the fake Asian league (fingers crossed for a J-League file)

So I'm staying in France for now, where (almost) everything is gloriously licensed...

Can you share the link for the OF please? I’ve been looking for 1024x1024 kits :/

Chelsea?

I've been quite tempted since PES 17 to play there.
Really wished they'd put some firepower in to Ligue 1 and other licenced leagues (and non FIFA territory as well)

They could do so much more with the league licences they have but it’s the best minimum sadly. A fully broadcast package should be done for the likes of the SPL and such. Would make all the difference but they clearly don’t see the fine details as being important for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom