eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

you see, i was saying yesterday that the other game does the basics better, and you started to come against me, and now you are complaining about the ai...
Seriously,are you enjoying your little comeback now?
You're such a little person
All I asked you was to take your shit to the Pes Vs FIFA thread.
And now you're gloating because bi and some other aren't happy with the game.

Seriously,are you enjoying your little comeback now?
You're such a little person
All I asked you was to take your shit to the Pes Vs FIFA thread.
And now you're gloating because bi and some other aren't happy with the game.
i m just saying that you went against me, i wasn t comparing, i didn t state which stuff the other game does better, i just said a phrase: the other games does the basics better, and why are you getting so pissed off?, anyway it ends here, i didn t wanna trigger any comparison but i am gutted just as you are that we are getting improvement for this game in increments and still konami don t give any single chillie bean fart about what we say..

i m just saying that you went against me, i wasn t comparing, i didn t state which stuff the other game does better, i just said a phrase: the other games does the basics better, and why are you getting so pissed off?
Did I go against you?
All I told (go back and read it again) that it would better if you made your "basics" statement somewhere else,I hope you read what @Chris Davies wrote about that after you posted it.

Ai players bouncing off you with their asses up,I even gegen pressed some average player last night (Poli Bologna) with 3 players ganging up on him, obviously he came out with the ball and my three players left behind.

It's like a magical magnetic shield that you can't penetrate.
Right now I'd rather play Pes 18 than this,for all its flaws,that game hasn't stacked the deck like this one have.

If Konami patch this up I'll gladly play it again (some great stuff in it) but if not,I'm done atm

18 has far worse ai cheating than this one.

Right now,for me,nope!
But I get what you're saying,don't agree though
I don't have a full opinion, as i have still played only 4 matches, 1 in the pre-loading screen (while i was waiting for game to download), 2 in ML on TopPlayer and 1 friendly in full game on SuperStar . The obvious difference i saw from demo, is the ball feels a little bit faster, especially in the match i tried in Superstar, the cpu was linking so fast passes that i could hardly watch the ball.

About AI cheating, in the pre-load match the Fouls were 1 for me & 1 for CPU, they scored their FK. In the 2 ML games, in both matches it was 0 fouls for me , 3 for CPU. In both matches i won 2-1 and both goals i conceded were from Free Kick. It seems that the AI is more human than in 18-19, but if it stays like this, the last year's CPU cynical low-cross spam, is the FREE KICK goal no matter the distance and the skill of the FK taker, this year.

All in all in 4 games i conceded 3 goals all from freekicks. I know it is too early, but is seems a little bit strange.

Last edited:
I don't have a full opinion, as i have still played only 4 matches, 1 in the pre-loading screen (while i was waiting for game to download), 2 in ML on TopPlayer and 1 friendly in full game on SuperStar . The obvious difference i saw from demo, is the ball feels a little bit faster, especially in the match i tried in Superstar, the cpu was linking so fast passes that i could hardly watch the ball.

About AI cheating, in the pre-load match the Fouls were 1 for me & 1 for CPU, they scored their FK. In the 2 ML games, in both matches it was 0 fouls for me , 3 for CPU. In both matches i won 2-1 and both goals i conceded were from Free Kick. It seems that the AI is more human than in 18-19, but if it stays like this, the last year's CPU cynical low-cross spam, is the FREE KICK goal no matter the distance of the FK taker.
All in all in 4 games i conceded 3 goals all from freekicks. I know it is too early, but is seems a little bit strange.
Free kicks are very over powered,I think they've scored every one so far
And foul count for hum gets less and less the more games I play.

If your only problem is the striker holding you off then that is much better than 18 problems with ai.
Again,I liked to agree,but I don't,then you have a 100 percent free kick ratio for the CPU as well.
I know this game could be tons better than 18,and probably is,but I'm not enjoying it one bit right now because off those things,that effects everything else in the game.
Whether you think 18 is worse or not isn't really what I'm stating,it's whether I rather play that or this right now

The AI free kicks are a joke. They score every one.

How do I make the wall jump?
It is :circle:, but is too scripted in context and you are in danger, if you miss the time-window, to make an unnecessary tackle. I tried every possible way, moving the defender to the GK line, moving the GK manually, jumping the wall. It is too easy for the CPU to score, when needed to add some drama.

It is :circle:, but is too scripted in context and you are in danger, if you miss the time-window, to make an unnecessary tackle. I tried every possible way, moving the defender to the GK line, moving the GK manually, jumping the wall. It is too easy for the CPU to score, when needed to add some drama.
I just conceded two goals to Benfica in the same match. Both free kicks. Lost 2-1.

I love this game right now but it’s infuriating at times. But PES at its best back in the day was the same: great but infuriating!

Game isn't perfect but I am having a ton of fun with it right now. Started ML with Parma and after a shaky start I managed to hold out for a draw against Juve, and have been doing alright since. On top player, teams seem to ramp up logically depending on how good they are, no blatant AI cheating so far

Game isn't perfect but I am having a ton of fun with it right now. Started ML with Parma and after a shaky start I managed to hold out for a draw against Juve, and have been doing alright since. On top player, teams seem to ramp up logically depending on how good they are, no blatant AI cheating so far
I enjoyed Top Player to begin with but it gets easy after a while. Super Star is the sweet spot for me this year.

Again,I liked to agree,but I don't,then you have a 100 percent free kick ratio for the CPU as well.
I know this game could be tons better than 18,and probably is,but I'm not enjoying it one bit right now because off those things,that effects everything else in the game.
Whether you think 18 is worse or not isn't really what I'm stating,it's whether I rather play that or this right now

The ai has never even scored a free kick against me in 30 games. Have you used manual keeper at all or jump with the wall? (I keep hearing people having issues but they just always hit the wall against me)

Fair enough as you said it's your opinion. But the ai in 2018 is just objectively more broken that this one there are just far more issues. But as you said fair enough if you enjoy that more.

The ai has never even scored a free kick against me in 30 games. Have you used manual keeper at all or jump with the wall? (I keep hearing people having issues but they just always hit the wall against me)

Fair enough as you said it's your opinion. But the ai in 2018 is just objectively more broken that this one there are just far more issues. But as you said fair enough if you enjoy that more.

Free kicks are overpowered and oversimplified, no change since last year where i was a top scorer with Calhanoglu in the league 22 free kicks included

No worries mate,use to hate Pes 18,but they patched it in to a pretty solid game.
Yes I use the jump button in the wall,but they keep scoring a bunch
Which button is controlling the keeper?
Is it R3:plus some other button?

Ps just played a very good game on Pes 20,felt really good,went back to pitch side cam.
Had a few great moments,like two players stumbling around with fatigue/injury.
Hopefully I've found a good balance again mate
Thanks

Why did they change the demo code.

Defending is a joke now, just constantly players running through the back of you. No timing or thought required. Doesn't help they've also reduced the responsiveness so you can barely shift the ball out of feet before getting hit.

Pack the box, block, block, block, block, blockblockblockblocbkblock

BRING BACK THE FLUIDITY FFS

L1 + Right stick me thinks, Ricky.
Tricky part is - you need to switch back before they kick it and jump with the wall.
So far they are not scoring that many free kicks against me, didnt score one in my ML, but I agree they are overpowered to bits

I'm trying to transfer all my saved replays since the demo to a USB
I'm trying to delete a few replays first but accidentally deleted EVERYTHING.:BRICK:

This is the second time something like this happened to me.
The first time, I'm trying to clean up my PS4 by deleting all the pes2020 demo versions(I have all 4 regions) and the accounts that are used to purchased them. Noticed that one Demo took some time to get deleted..Realized quickly that is was the preloaded full game but it's too late.:D
Luckily there's still 14 hours left before release during that time, so I just re-downloaded it.

I guess, I just need to be more careful next time.

You guys seriously need to put something in your sig about version and console to make things deducible

So far, from reading, I think digital/disc XB is the safest version but that's only cos digitalbydesign's enthusiasm.

Problem is the guy might wear lipstick, colour his hair fluorescent yellow and have his lower lip pinned to his forehead for all I know.

L1 + Right stick me thinks, Ricky.
Tricky part is - you need to switch back before they kick it and jump with the wall.
So far they are not scoring that many free kicks against me, didnt score one in my ML, but I agree they are overpowered to bits
Cheers man!
I remember in 17/18 I always had a defender on the goal line ,but the window to out him there is quite short!
Getting any wins in?

Free kicks are 100% broken. I played 3 times Manchester City vs AI 1,5 star club from Denmark and they scored two goals from free kick in 3 games. Superstar + all arrows normal(yellow).

You guys seriously need to put something in your sig about version and console to make things deducible

So far, from reading, I think digital/disc XB is the safest version but that's only cos digitalbydesign's enthusiasm.

Problem is the guy might wear lipstick, colour his hair fluorescent yellow and have his lower lip pinned to his forehead for all I know.

Dedicated settings thread here:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/post-your-settings-for-2020.80846/#post-3430719

Fuck all, pal.. :LOL:
But havent played since last night so my session will continue tonight.
Ouch!
I quit one EL game last night,or early this morning,just turned off the Xbox
Started it up an hour or so ago,and I was still in the 35th minute or so (cool feature) and win that game 1-0.
Beating Cagliari right now 3-0.
So the love is coming back

Back
Top Bottom