eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I hope so too. The current state is very shocking. So afraid to concede FKs around the box because it is a automatic goal. The level of the taker doesn't matter, every single of them is a goal. How did they let that happen ?
I've conceded loads of FKs but only one goal. Time your wall jump and it blocks the majority of them, certainly isn't a concern. I'm about 30 games in top player

I've conceded loads of FKs but only one goal. Time your wall jump and it blocks the majority of them, certainly isn't a concern. I'm about 30 games in top player
I've tried it but the CPU shoots between 2 heads in the wall who jumped, I even try to put a defender near the post but the ball hit top bins all the time..

On AI free kicks :Just press L1 R3 (the right analog button) and you can position your keeper in the middle of the goal.

Right before they take the free kick switch it back to normal and make your wall jump

A general thought on the game so far:

More user fouls need to be called, i did win a penalty which was a clean tackle and got an injured player due to fatigue on top player ML.

AI is still one dimensional and score one identical goal which is turn and shoot, I can counter it but it gets repetitive after 25 games.

I believe sorting out the AI tactics will save this game, It’s a very very good game so far offline.

No worries :)

Speaking of yellow, one of the grounds has a weird sepia color. Not just the pitch, but the whole picture turns sepia. I can't remember which one exactly, but it's one of the Brazilians. It was so out of place like it's shot in the 70s. I actually thought my TV or PS4 broke lol. I'm not sure if it was a one time thing, I haven't checked it again. Also don't know if it's a bug or done on purpose, and if it's the same post patch.

Anyone see that?
Same thing happened to me . It was only the 1st half of the game though(played at dusk). 2nd half it turned into night and it looked normal again. Dont know which stadium it was as my opponent chose.

This game is absolutely wonderful at times. The boring 0-0 slogs remind me of classic PES 5 matches where they were just tactical battles.

I’m so glad I’ve stuck with this now, I’m only now starting to realise what’s under the hood, so to speak.

My brand of football is starting to take shape. A high pressing, possession based 4-3-3 system. I love how my wingers are linking up with the striker. I set him to anchor so he doesn’t drift around and he stays central.
The anchor advanced tactic setting is a good one. In 2019 my CF was all over the place.

Ahh man

They removed the old skool training ground.

Also what happened to the training kit and bibs your players used to wear. Hate seeing them in full kit in training mode.

(This maybe showing how long I haven't played this game for)

I hope so too. The current state is very shocking. So afraid to concede FKs around the box because it is a automatic goal. The level of the taker doesn't matter, every single of them is a goal. How did they let that happen ?

I'm being completely honest here mate I haven't conceded one free kick against the ai in about 30 matches so far.

Just asking are you jumping with the wall?
Also are you manually moving the goal keeper to better position for the shot?

Cause 99% of the time the ai just smack it into the wall against me on superstar.

Could do with the CPU dribbling more. However I'm sure I remember it being a problem in the demo until I unlocked Legend difficulty.

At a loss with what camera settings to use. Want to be relatively close to make dribbling better but I hate not being able to see the players making runs etc

Last edited:
So iv gone back to version 1.0 at the expense of the update and option file. I rather enjoy the game then just be playing it for the sake of it with version 1.2.
Really hope they revert the gameplay to 1.0 soon, there's been plenty of feedback already. Fingers crossed

So iv gone back to version 1.0 at the expense of the update and option file. I rather enjoy the game then just be playing it for the sake of it with version 1.2.
Really hope they revert the gameplay to 1.0 soon, there's been plenty of feedback already. Fingers crossed
this is why i keep holding back on buying this game

Anyone else having situations where the player will just run past the ball or stop running towards it even though it’s there to be easily won? Seems very buggy in that respect.

A few things remain frustrating in ML like nearly every transfer requiring a stupidly low release clause otherwise the player won’t accept which is just not the case in the real world. It’s such a simple fix yet they seem dumb to the issue that’s raised every single year.

The game has potential but again silly things bring it down.

Anyone else finding the game a little easier on the new default cam when you can see more of the pitch? I’m on a 4 game winning streak on superstar lol. I was getting killed on the old cam earlier today.

I’m the opposite, the new cam makes it impossible for me to find decent crosses. I edited it so it’s zoomed in more and I’m doing far better

Exactly as mine has been
Frustrating and it kills the joy of playing it

I second the first three paragraphs about the game.

At least i know i am not alone.

I didn't even write my piece on myclub yet and its failed ingame economy that now truly pushes players towards gambling for real money.

Edit 2 other things, every time I get a long free kick I know I will lose the ball.

Also why cant I take goal kicks and pass them.tk my players inside my box ? I didn't get 90 rated belotti so have bo target man to aim for...

The myclub piece starts something like;

How do you buy a discard value 78 rated player like Embolo using the scouting system ?

The deep defensive line ai tactic is killing the enjoyment for me. Even on top player I can literally walk through the centre of the pitch unchallenged. Its mental.

The deep defensive line ai tactic is killing the enjoyment for me. Even on top player I can literally walk through the centre of the pitch unchallenged. Its mental.

It is overused but can be sorted via tactics at least. They only time I've seen it realistic is while simming matches like Germany/San Marino, yet almost almost every team seems to have that deep defensive line as their only defensive tactic. :D

Last night before I started ML I went through all the top european leagues and switched off all Deep Defensive Lines and Swarm The Box tactics in all teams. Not finding space in the middle. Its by far best in years this way.

At a loss with what camera settings to use. Want to be relatively close to make dribbling better but I hate not being able to see the players making runs etc

I'm the same. I want to like Stadium as it looks great but I find there's too much movement in it. For now I've gone with a variation of Wide but it's just not quite right.

Last night before I started ML I went through all the top european leagues and switched off all Deep Defensive Lines and Swarm The Box tactics in all teams. Not finding space in the middle. Its by far best in years this way.

Will you have to start a new ML for it to take effect?

A few things remain frustrating in ML like nearly every transfer requiring a stupidly low release clause otherwise the player won’t accept which is just not the case in the real world. It’s such a simple fix yet they seem dumb to the issue that’s raised every single year.

The game has potential but again silly things bring it down.

Keep trying with the release clause thing. I've turned them off on nearly every deal I've done and in the majority of the cases got the player to accept by offering more wage. Even ones where the sports director say it's non negotiable to have the release clause I've signed without one.

That said there are certain players that just won't budge on their terms unfortunately.

Issues
  1. Players ignoring the ball when it’s right next to them, game won’t switch to them or even if you manually try to select you fail
  2. Ref heavily biased towards the CPU. Most free kicks scored by the CPU
  3. All teams sit back in the box and defend to death which makes it very repetitive to play you have to pass pass pass and try find an opening
  4. AI easily intercepts passes and pulls of tackles, yet for human players it’s impossible to take the ball from the AI in most situations
  5. On some occasions defenders can catch up with really fast wingers. In real life my winger would have exploded past after a good through ball and the defender would have no chance.
  6. 6. In ML Barça have signed robben and Roma have signed cech? What’s that about ?

Have you tried the Pitchside cam and increasing the angle to 6? I tend to find it looks closer than the Stadium cam as well.

I did that as well, makes the games definitely a bit less open

Yeah I just went through the prem and turned it off for everything single team.

Will you have to start a new ML for it to take effect?
Thats a good question. I've no idea. First time I did this, coz I knew defending is very tight in pes20 and wanted more battle in the middle..
But I have an idea how you can check it. Go to your ML, check which team you are playing next, then go out, go to Edit Mode, Edit Teams, find this team and change their formation to some mad one. Go back to your ML and check are they set up like this.
If they are - then fire away.

Back
Top Bottom