eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

One thing that is always crazily disappointing to me is how the game developpers have let the FKs be so so easy to score from whether you're playing, playing against a human opponent or the CPU.
Dude, maybe you are just good with free kicks:D I scored fair few on pc demo online, and had none score from a free kick against me, even at 20-25m range. Had one guy hit a crossbar, that was it.

Love free kicks and it is always a first thing I check in every Pes version.

This game online is HORRIBLE. Might as well be called Pes 2019. I HATE HATE HATE what they did to the fouls from the demo. I’m seeing nasty tackles not punished.

There are a few stages to get through before enjoying pes. Its taken me a few years but it goes something like :

Rank 1 : No MyClub (script)
Rank 2 : No online (matchmaking wait times)
Rank 3 : No PC (spending time modding/patching)
Rank 4 : No full release (update rollercoaster; lack of stability of what the final game actually is)

I've played a lot of games today and somethings have really stood out and annoyed me.

Silly things too, like when you switch to a player and he momentarily stops running, resulting in you not being able to keep up with the attacker who ends up clean through on goal.

Players on your team not reacting to the ball going towards them and the ball literally bouncing off them? ( usually players not expecting to receive the ball but caught in the cross fire by a loose ball).

Attacking players simply stopping their through runs just as you release a through ball. Or alternatively attackers just standing around doing nothing as you run past them with the ball with a midfielder. Do I really need to trigger a run manually in the final third just to get my attackers to move into space ?

Every crossed ball with Kyle Walker going straight at their goalkeeper.

Lots of slower attackers outpacing Bellerin despite dribbling the ball and being slower than bellerin...

Best way to defend is simply hold down square and x until you get the ball back by hook or by crook. Manually trying to defend pales in comparison.

Ultimately my experience today has been flat and frustrating.

Does everyones strips and players appearing at the menu screen before kickoff take forever to load once the option file is applied?

Also i seem to have messed up my OF as the Bundesliga teams ratings are really poor. How do you delete the OF to start again?

so I jus played a game of 2019 - there is a BS defensive move where CPU defence will just step on the ball and kill your attack (@Chris Davies posted about it a while ago)

That mechanic kills 2019 enjoyment.

Is what you are talking about the 2020 equivalent?
Feels like your playing a sub human CPU when 1v1.
You can't barge them off the ball,yet they can with ease.
I don't know if it's down to TS or a CPU being stronger/faster/more reactive,but it just feels badly tuned.
I'm going to try some more,but right now I'm so tired of this game

I've played a lot of games today and somethings have really stood out and annoyed me.

Silly things too, like when you switch to a player and he momentarily stops running, resulting in you not being able to keep up with the attacker who ends up clean through on goal.

Players on your team not reacting to the ball going towards them and the ball literally bouncing off them? ( usually players not expecting to receive the ball but caught in the cross fire by a loose ball).

Attacking players simply stopping their through runs just as you release a through ball. Or alternatively attackers just standing around doing nothing as you run past them with the ball with a midfielder. Do I really need to trigger a run manually in the final third just to get my attackers to move into space ?

Lots of slower attackers outpacing Bellerin despite dribbling the ball and being slower than bellerin...

Best way to defend is simply hold down square and x until you get the ball back by hook or by crook. Manually trying to defend pales in comparison.

Exactly as mine has been
Frustrating and it kills the joy of playing it

I second the first three paragraphs about the game.

Off topic
Watched the basketball today?
No, my friend.
I don't like any other sports besides football. And it's something I hate about myself!
I wish I was a big fan of basketball or tennis... but I'm really, really not!
But it's all they've been talking about here. Everyone was so happy.

Dude, maybe you are just good with free kicks:D I scored fair few on pc demo online, and had none score from a free kick against me, even at 20-25m range. Had one guy hit a crossbar, that was it.

Love free kicks and it is always a first thing I check in every Pes version.
The CPU scored against 10 FKs in the last 10. That's nowhere near realistic

No, my friend.
I don't like any other sports besides football. And it's something I hate about myself!
I wish I was a big fan of basketball or tennis... but I'm really, really not!
But it's all they've been talking about here. Everyone was so happy.
Love Basketball,saw the game,really good game, Argentina were really solid.
Try to watch other sports as well,but nothing beats football though!

Does everyones strips and players appearing at the menu screen before kickoff take forever to load once the option file is applied?

Also i seem to have messed up my OF as the Bundesliga teams ratings are really poor. How do you delete the OF to start again?
Its probably not bundesliga teams but some crap mixed with Live update. Before you start the game, when you are choosing the teams - press R3 and switch Live Update off. This will load proper Bundesliga.

As for the kits - yeah I seems to have similar bug in ML and seen on twitter people having it too. Kits are sometimes not loading before the match. Its nothing to do with OF, there is some glitch in communication there. Had it also sometimes on Pes19

Have to say its a very, very hard game for me. Started ML on full manual, professional and cant win a game. So far had 4 and only 2 draws and 2 loses. Its good that its difficult, i dont mind that. I did stated that my goal will be not to get relegated.
But fucking hell - its a struggle. Would be really nice to get this physicality back and throw some mofos of the ball. As it stands, trying to squeeze into penalty box is like pushing cars around.. they are so strong on their feet..
I want my fouls back!
<throwing toys from the pram>

Man, just ended my session, this game has started to irritate me haha I'm playing ML with Man United on Superstar, so hard to score on this game, I'm trying to play on stadium cam, custom..biggest challenge is to break the AI down or score..I lost to Burnley in fa cup, was dominating, had so much space in 2nd half cause they went all out attack and couldn't score, instead I conceded a goal in 91st min. Same vs Burnley which played long balls and defended for whole game but won 1-0..at least I won my first league game vs Chelsea, now I have 2-3-2 in league and I'm leading the EL group. The AI this year is good, small teams aren't a big challenge as before and you can sometimes easy control the game but it tricks you and you either end up losing or struggle cause of their defence. Think I must practice the dribbling a bit and start to use it for real..

Have to say its a very, very hard game for me. Started ML on full manual, professional and cant win a game. So far had 4 and only 2 draws and 2 loses. Its good that its difficult, i dont mind that. I did stated that my goal will be not to get relegated.
But fucking hell - its a struggle. Would be really nice to get this physicality back and throw some mofos of the ball. As it stands, trying to squeeze into penalty box is like pushing cars around.. they are so strong on their feet..
I want my fouls back!
<throwing toys from the pram>
Haha just posted aswell, it really is a struggle..hard to score even when you create chances..I was so pissed to dominate Burnley and before that, Barnsley in fa cup but lost in the end. Couldn't put the ball in..I feel at the moment, the smaller teams aren't a big threat offensively,but they defend good and sit deep so it's hard, really hard, its a tricky feeling, controlling the game and AI counters you and boom you lose. .

Absolutely sick & tired of being barged off the ball & having every passing lane cut off or intercepted. I'm midway through my first ML season & am throwing in the towel on this game for now. It's nothing but a fucking chore to play after the update. Rigid as hell & the A.i just punt long balls all day long . Demo pisses all over this crap for pure enjoyment. Not once do I feel engaged when playing. It's linear, sluggish & boring without the physicality and freedom.

Okay guys,

Forget all that online shit. This game truly shines offline especially with lower ranked teams. I set up an option file that took care of all the national teams whilst I wait for PESWorld. I played two African nations games. Nigeria vs Senegal and Egypt vs Ivory Coast. They were both freaking brilliant games! I’m getting more used to the new default camera and the game looks so stunning and even had my girlfriend fooled lol. When you play with lower ranked teams, the speed is obviously slower and so realistic.

I love how the AI gets more aggressive when they are behind and change tactics. Obviously game still has flaws (I need my demo fouls back)

Absolutely sick & tired of being barged off the ball & having every passing lane cut off or intercepted. I'm midway through my first ML season & am throwing in the towel on this game for now. It's nothing but a fucking chore to play after the update. Rigid as hell & the A.i just punt long balls all day long . Demo pisses all over this crap for pure enjoyment. Not once do I feel engaged when playing. It's linear, sluggish & boring without the physicality and freedom.

I’m having the opposite experience today. The games I just played felt so free.

Having not touched ML yet im taking it has its own mind again and that games do nit play as they do in say a World Cup?

Im assuming TS is the big factor once more... is this the same starting as a decent club as opposed to a 'Barnsley'?

Anyone else finding the game a little easier on the new default cam when you can see more of the pitch? I’m on a 4 game winning streak on superstar lol. I was getting killed on the old cam earlier today.

Really enjoying the game but something „odd“ just happened, and this might explain, why i concede that many rebound goals. Look at how my defender refuses to even reach the ball before the CPU striker gets his rebound shot?!

Honestly this to me is proof in the pudding that sometimes there is something like an invisible force field around the AI in your box... aka scripting. Unless anyone can come up with a reasonable explination? I didn‘t use super cancel there btw.

I‘m now in my second master league season and it‘s the most fun i‘he had with pes since 17, but this is concerning.

something completely unrelated: can anyone tell me why all my manual shots are low driven shots? I play with advanced shooting but like to hit the occasional manual shot yet they‘re 100% of the time low driven...on the other hand, when i switch shooting to manual in the settings , my player will shoot it high and i can‘t shoot it low anymore haha.

How do i control how high/low my manual shots are?

Okay guys,

Forget all that online shit. This game truly shines offline especially with lower ranked teams. I set up an option file that took care of all the national teams whilst I wait for PESWorld. I played two African nations games. Nigeria vs Senegal and Egypt vs Ivory Coast. They were both freaking brilliant games! I’m getting more used to the new default camera and the game looks so stunning and even had my girlfriend fooled lol. When you play with lower ranked teams, the speed is obviously slower and so realistic.

I love how the AI gets more aggressive when they are behind and change tactics. Obviously game still has flaws (I need my demo fouls back)

i agree why arent the games exciting for higher ranked teams?

It's Palmeiras old stadium, you'll have to ask Konami why they wasted time creating a stadium that doesn't exist anymore instead of something useful, next they be making a stupid 1M seat fantas... ah wait.
But why the sepia? Nostalgic look? It doesn't look right.

Back
Top Bottom