eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Did more friendlies. So opinions based on that.

Man, seems too good to be true. Maybe there are less fouls (are there tho? In some of this games I already had a decent number) but for the rest I don't see heavy differences in physicality or the rest. On the contrary I'm seeing some newver build up and some tighter behaviour, to me for now it all feels like an improvement from the demo.

And anyway, finally what I was desperately asking for since a lifetime: lesser teams (generally) play like lesser teams and bigger teams (generally) stand out; single players do finally feel very different.

On a bad note I'd certainly like to see cpu attempting more dribbling BUT, since they scored me a lot of varied goals, and since they however keep the ball and often do "human" things, it's something I can live on, to the opposite of 2019.

Well I just can say that I hope it's not another Pes 2018, that I loved in the beginning and end up hating with heart months later, although with 2018 it was more "man it looks and feel so smooth and sometimes it's so jaw dropping it MUST seriously grow on me at some point (never happened of course)", while this year I can already see stuff that could potentially keep me hooked for a long time on gameplay only.

I can second this. I do agree that the game CAN look like Pes 19 at its worst at times. But otherwise I think it's a great leap forward especially in terms of variety. That old Pes feeling of " hey let me try this stupid move or shot and see if it works " is back. At least in my eyes.

+1.

Last edited:
While I agree I liked fouls the way they were in the demo, I think there are other aspects (just as important) that would have been better to take to the devs in that "massive complaint" form.

I'm getting from 2 to 5 fouls per game.
But the lost feeling of freedom and randomness are what got me most concerned. Or PA1 feeling over assisted.

How's your Milan save going?
One thing I've noticed is that TS doesn't go up that quickly this year (which is good)
That game gets tougher after the first 5-6 games.
Quite easy to think "this will be a breeze"
One thing bothering me is taking on a team,and the team has shitty TS from the start,despite few players in/out.
Enjoying it! Won my first game v Cagliari. They were awful!

Lost my second game v Juve 1-0, Ronaldo with a dipping shot from outside the box.

Going to have a Man Utd save as well and see which one I go deepest with.

I have to say: the turfs in the English stadia like Arsenal and Man Utd look so much greener and detailed. I don’t like the turfs in Serie A at all this year.

So people have it ON?
I can’t speak for everyone, but I believe most people will find having it on far more useful than off.

Yes, it locks you out advanced stuff, but they’re ridiculous and ineffective anyway. It makes the most effective skills easier to do, and that’s the important bit.

It looks like i gotta learn these tricks as while the game is like the PS2 titles the dribbling is much harder with it being 360 directions rather than 8.

Anyone else feel the dribbling was slightly better in the demo?
You’ll get it mate. Trust me, auto feint on and you’ll be fine.

Personally I thought dribbling was better in 2019 but I won’t talk about that again :LOL:

Did more friendlies. So opinions based on that.

Man, seems too good to be true. Maybe there are less fouls (are there tho? In some of this games I already had a decent number) but for the rest I don't see heavy differences in physicality or the rest. On the contrary I'm seeing some newver build up and some tighter behaviour, to me for now it all feels like an improvement from the demo.

And anyway, finally what I was desperately asking for since a lifetime: lesser teams (generally) play like lesser teams and bigger teams (generally) stand out; single players do finally feel very different.

On a bad note I'd certainly like to see cpu attempting more dribbling BUT, since they scored me a lot of varied goals, and since they however keep the ball and often do "human" things, it's something I can live on, to the opposite of 2019.

Well I just can say that I hope it's not another Pes 2018, that I loved in the beginning and end up hating with heart months later, although with 2018 it was more "man it's looks and feel so smooth and sometimes it's so jaw dropping it MUST seriously grow on me at some point (never happened of course)", while year I can already see stuff that could potentially keep me hooked for a long time on gameplay only.

+1.
Had exactly the same take on Pes 18. God that left a sour taste in my mouth eventually. So much potential.
The best I can describe the variety in teams (strength) is dat PES 2020 seems to borrow heavily from FIFA 19 in that regard. In my opinion that's a huge compliment. While playing FIFA 19 it continuosly had me thinking ; what if this had that classic PES " feel "? I think I've got my answer now :)

Well. If konami had made it clear I'd need two consoles this year, I would've planned my finances accordingly...

It wasn’t extravagance or deep pockets..

The gameplay warrants it and I had built up a bit of a taste for the demo on the Xbox x aswell as the PS4 pro..

Conversely the Xbox one X version does run like a dream and is super smooth compared to the pro...The controllers do give the game a different feel(the elite is pure luxury)..

Enjoying it! Won my first game v Cagliari. They were awful!

Lost my second game v Juve 1-0, Ronaldo with a dipping shot from outside the box.

Going to have a Man Utd save as well and see which one I go deepest with.

I have to say: the turfs in the English stadia like Arsenal and Man Utd look so much greener and detailed. I don’t like the turfs in Serie A at all this year.
I did a calibration on my X and TV,and the pitches looks really good now.
Fuck,I have three saves going right now,Genoa/Atalanta/Roma
Probably end up playing as Milan any way,like I always do:)

The succes rate can't be 100% managed by CPU. It makes feel the game scripted, without rewarding your skill.

Demo feel more balanced in terms of that. When you pass a defender it feels due to your well timed input.

Less skilled players have to do poorer ball touches, but if you can control it and you make the touch in the right time you have to be able to beat the defender.

Also, tackle safety zone has killed "no burst dribbling/jogging dribbling".

For me there is no safety zone. Its all about timing and the defenders positioning. Again that's just my personal experience. It's not about how close I am it's about whether I can react quickly or confuse the defenders.

The game is really good. So much to enjoy in it. Each game feels different. Each goal feels different. It's a joy. I'll be playing this a lot unless they mess it up with a patch.

Some minor niggles - players sometimes not responding to the ball when it's really close to them, goalies not really covering their angle right if you get through one on one and try to go round them, the lack of fouls for the human player is borderline hilarious considering what the cpu gets freekicks for. But I'm not too bothered about it.

Bravo, Konami, it plays better than it has done for years on the pitch. Just don't mess it up now. :)

agree its the best pes since back in the day. Not noticed tired players on 35bmins but deffo towards the end and some stop running forward.. But when I check stanima they are empty so I sub them
No players should have no stamina after 35 mins and refuse to make runs or at 70 mins onwards unless out coming back from injury after a long period out of the game. Players these days are are heavily conditioned to last 90 mins not 35-40 mins of the first half and another 25 mins of the 2nd. Its not the 60s and 70s anymore with players on the booze n fags all day.

What did you change on tv settings mate?
I went for the recommended settings in my Xbox guide!
You have an Xbox as well right?
Just set up your TV according to the guide and it should be great,even though you play Pes on PS

Maybe not the best pic here (daytime sun through my window etc)
But before,this pitch were piss yellow
IMG_20190913_153534.jpg

One thing sticking out from ten or so games is that. Turning on the ball and shooting from 20 yards or so is a bit too overpowered and results in too many unsatisfying goals, same goes for the AI. If they can get it to the feet of the striker in a certain position it's very easy for them to spin round and ping a shot in.

You’ll get it mate. Trust me, auto feint on and you’ll be fine.

Personally I thought dribbling was better in 2019 but I won’t talk about that again :LOL:
Dont get me wrong im not out n out struggling dribbling wise but with the demo i could get out some really tight situations with just the left stick but find the full game getting out of those same situations just not happening and the AI always knowing what your doing. Like Rom says they need toned down a little to more human responses like im pretty sure the demo was.

I have just started a test ML with ASTON VILLA RB :P i love the fact that they have the proper names with a couple of extra characters in it. Saves a bit of time renaming the teams.

Playing with the latest patch with no option files installed.
15mins
Top Player
FUMA
Stadium View but zoomed in a little.

Loving this at the moment although only played 2 games. There is a lot of variety so far. What is good is that i played Newcastle and it was quite tight even though we lost 3-0 and then played Man City and they completely dominated me and I only had 5 shots. That is probably the lowest shot count I have had for ages. I could hardly get out of my own half. Game finished 2-1 to City but it could have been more if it hadn't been for Heaton.

Some brief highlights here...

The stats are impressive at the end.

It has been the first time for ages where I can feel the difference between shooting with different players. That is a big plus for me. I just hope the Team Spirit doesn't ruin ML like it has in the past.

I did a calibration on my X and TV,and the pitches looks really good now.
Fuck,I have three saves going right now,Genoa/Atalanta/Roma
Probably end up playing as Milan any way,like I always do:)

For real now rocky:TD::CENSOR:?

Just kidding mate, glad you are enjoying it too ;)!

For real now rocky:TD::CENSOR:?

Just kidding mate, glad you are enjoying it too ;)!
Ha ha,nice spotting there pal.
That was my very first one:)
I actually though about going Lazio.
In the end ,it's either Genoa/Atalanta or Milan
I forgot to edit team tactics ,so might restart again(pheeew)
You?

You?

I'll be seeing you soon then... :SMOKIN:

I got my mind made up.
I'm going to start a Master League with Inter tonight.
Alexis Sanchez-Lukaku-Lautaro Martinez... too much firepower to pass on.
I'm going to need to build the team from the front to the back. Because some good midfielders are much needed.

We'll have more on this story as it develops.

I'll be seeing you soon then... :SMOKIN:
I played Inter yesterday with Genoa
Talk about a tough team,grinded out a 1-1 draw (they scored on a freekick in the 87th)
Good choice,bet that the board will demand a Scudetto or the highway:)

I like that players such as Ronaldo/Lukaku is a nightmare to play against,you really see that this year.
Like you said,room for improvement in the Inter squad,not a very stable defence

I played Inter yesterday with Genoa
Talk about a tough team,grinded out a 1-1 draw (they scored on a freekick in the 87th)
Good choice,bet that the board will demand a Scudetto or the highway:)

I like that players such as Ronaldo/Lukaku is a nightmare to play against,you really see that this year.
Like you said,room for improvement in the Inter squad,not a very stable defence

I just love Lautaro Martinez. I probably wouldn't have picked Inter if it wasn't for El Toro :D

Wanted to sign pavon frm boca junior I know he was there bfr the squad update, any way we can get players who were there before the update?

Need some help here pls. I m buying pes 20 disc 2 morrow. Shall I stick with version 1.0 or 1.2? Which plays better? Gameplay wise. In poorer words shall i install d patch or stop it from installing?

The more I play the game the more I'm not sure if it's something that's going to keep my attention for long. Sure it plays a good game of football but I' conflicted as to whether or not I'm actually having fun. The game isn't giving me a feeling of satisfaction when I play. I feel like I'm playing a succession of meaningless friendlies; ML isn't giving me enough and there's such little content in other modes that I just get that horrible feeling that I'll be sufficiently bored of it by 24 September that it's going to end up gathering dust again

I did some other calibration as well, probably more likely those were the real reason
I got the tip on various sites to go for 8 bit (if you play both old and newer games SD/HD/4k)

Anyway it looks so much better.
Would you recommend 10 bit though?
No keep it at that as that's what it will use for standard non-HDR games. Then it should switch automatically to 10bit whenever HDR is detected. I know that's what the PS4 does. Of course as long as HDR is enabled on that port on your TV.

You?

All great choices. Despite my idea of Roma in rl :D I must say they have a very interesting team. Not gonna blame you if you pick them up :D .

I'm still very undecided anyway, I often play with Genoa as well in both Fifa and Pes because I love the kit, Cagliari might be a good start as well since they have some top midfield (Nandez, Naingolann, Rog) but they aren't as strong in the rest. I really like Milan's kit so it will be an option for Serie A. Will probably do a run with Liverpool and/or Tottenham and since this year finally small leagues do feel the right way, some Argentinian or Brazilian adventure is on the line, and a J-League/China as well, when I'll have them complete. Jesus, so many places to go to :D .

Before delving deeply I'll wait for a proper pc patch and other stuff tho. This game is already varied and captivating as it is but I think with proper tactics it could really reach some crazy level at this point.

No keep it at that as that's what it will use for standard non-HDR games. Then it should switch automatically to 10bit whenever HDR is detected. I know that's what the PS4 does. Of course as long as HDR is enabled on that port on your TV.
Yeah,I saw they recommend it.
Jupp,HDR enabled.
Looks so much better now that I've calibrated it.
Though,yellow pitches should be the most realistic at least here after two hot summers.
Thanks for your help mate

All great choices. Despite my idea of Roma in rl :D I must say they have a very interesting team. Not gonna blame you if you pick them up :D .

I'm still very undecided anyway, I often play with Genoa as well in both Fifa and Pes because I love the kit, Cagliari might be a good start as well since they have some top midfield (Nandez, Naingolann, Rog) but they aren't as strong in the rest. I really like Milan's kit so it will be an option for Serie A. Will probably do a run with Liverpool and/or Tottenham and since this year finally small leagues do feel the right way, some Argentinian or Brazilian adventure is on the line, and a J-League/China as well, when I'll have them complete. Jesus, so many places to go to :D .

Before delving deeply I'll wait for a proper pc patch and other stuff tho. This game is already varied and captivating as it is but I think with proper tactics it could really reach some crazy level at this point.
Could be a crazy good game if patched right.
To bad Genoa's third kit isn't in yet (white with the red St George cross)

Roma had an interesting squad,great deal of quality,maybe not right now,but after a few season (under/Kluivert/zainolo)
Defence though...
Cool that you play some other leagues,should really do a Chilean or Argentinian ML.

Back
Top Bottom