eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I want to play my Milan save! Haven't been back to it since yesterday, been too busy. This evening when my son is in bed, I'll get a few games in.

I just thought of something that I'm going to check. I wonder if when I'm playing at home, Inter will be scheduled as playing away that weekend?
Depends on what version you're playing on. Version 1.00 both teams play on the same stadium at the same time and they have to share one ball. Version 1.0001e-003 I heard they fixed that problem, but I bet it's just placebo.

I'm commenting having seen both your vid and the one of what's missing from the demo. Yes it was too easy in the demo, but no it's not especially well balanced now.

There's a midpoint to be found, but the important thing is that it's not reached by making the dribbling inhumanly fast - Konami just need to make the AI a touch more human in some of its responses, which we already know is attainable.

Perhaps some video examples of dribbling not succeeding would be more helpful in this case. It's not that being able to beat players is impossible, just that in some cases it's too difficult or imbalanced in favour of the defence.

Fair enough thats why this stuff is all opinions at the end of the day. I don't personally feel dribbling is unbalanced, if I have a good dribbler I can straight away feel that and I know I can roast poor defenders 8/10 times. I don't want it so that I have average dribblers and Im able to go past decent defenders 8/10. The only thing I want fixed is fouls, so if I do beat those defenders and they try to be too physical then it should be a foul.

This is the way I see it should be:

Best Dribblers vs Best defenders 5/10
Best Dribblers vs poor defenders 9/10
Best Dribblers vs Average defender 8/10

Average dribbler vs Best Defenders 3/10
Average dribbler vs Average defender 5/10
Average dribbler vs Poor defender 7.5/10

Poor dribbler vs best defenders 1/10
Poor dribbler vs Average defender 3/10
Poor Dribbler vs Poor defender 5/10

From my experience this is how it has been balanced.

where have i mentioned pes 5? i have loved pes up until pes 14

carry on what? please dont be a fanboy, lets discuss this.

Nothing to do with being a fanboy, your criticism is just way over the top.

It's the best PES has been since PES 5 for me, it's taken a while but Konami have finally gotten the series into a good place, next gen will hopefully be a successful transition.

Nothing to do with being a fanboy, your criticism is just way over the top.

It's the best PES has been since PES 5 for me, it's taken a while but Konami have finally gotten the series into a good place, next gen will hopefully be a successful transition.
respect your opinion but please dont sign off with next year lol, that is pes bingo right there.

i actually have no serious issues with pes 16-19 other than scripting. thats why i always love the demos, cant part with cash right now for a game that will cheat

I really do agree with @fefepes , the game scripting and overall lack of variation in the shots on basic and overall automated feel and no satisfaction from scoring has really got me to pass on this game, for me different camera is good,but the ai plays way too fast and superstar is just so much ping pong fast passes ,i really had enough of these things, at least the other game gets the basic right

I really do agree with @fefepes , the game scripting and overall lack of variation in the shots on basic and overall automated feel and no satisfaction from scoring has really got me to pass on this game, for me different camera is good,but the ai plays way too fast and superstar is just so much ping pong fast passes ,i really had enough of these things, at least the other game gets the basic right

I use manual shooting and it feels like alot of variety.i use finesse an dpower.i find great joy.maybe on basic it has no variety but it is somuch fun on manual because it smore varied and realsitic

Wouldn't it be better to compare games in the comparison thread?

Yes the overall gameplay is not a smooth or enjoyable experience and there's far too little reward in front of goal to justify all the slogging away

Eurogamer reviews of pes are always odd. They often praise and criticise all the wrong things.

Is dribbling past players really that hard post patch? In ver 1.00 its difficult but doable. And little flicks of the right stick produce all these amazing little touches that take you past players, in and out of players. Controllinh David Neres at Ajax with little flicks of RS is like weaving magic.

Has that really gone from the patch?

Also, one the amazing things about this pes is the stride pattern of players. Each running step is so finely mapped that you actually feel each moment of the running motion, each moment between landing/changing direction which makes is super fluid but also gives you the ability to plan your dribble decisions. This is the first game that's ever done it this well. Speeding up.responsiveness would destroy that.

(The best example I can think of is mo salah. He dribbles well but unlike messi, he tends to complete all his strides and so the ball moves quite loosely in front of him. This is the first game that let's you replicate that feel (fifa 19 unpatched did this quite well though...))

Fair enough thats why this stuff is all opinions at the end of the day. I don't personally feel dribbling is unbalanced, if I have a good dribbler I can straight away feel that and I know I can roast poor defenders 8/10 times. I don't want it so that I have average dribblers and Im able to go past decent defenders 8/10. The only thing I want fixed is fouls, so if I do beat those defenders and they try to be too physical then it should be a foul.

And from my experience this is not how it has been balanced. And I think from the experience of the vast majority of people who are complaining that it is not balanced. If it's only working this way for one or two people then it's not balanced - you just happen to sit on the edge of the bell curve of user experience.

Of course time will tell if more experience will mean more success for people who are struggling. It may even be one of those strange cases where it is easier to dribble Vs the AI on superstar than top player, because something's been dialled up too high and is having a negative impact on the AI's defensive performance. But if one person's finding it fine and most experienced PES players are not, then it's not balanced.

Last edited:
Dude, chill. You're getting a bit personal. If he enjoys the game, it's cool. If you don't like it, it's cool - no?
dude i am not being personal. dont say stuff like you carry on, thats just as rude

so obvious you are trying to get a mod to warn me,see right through you

Does anyone on here play MyClub? Because why online does it take players about half an hour to do things..You get the ball taken off you mid shot,mid pass.....dwell on the ball for 1 second in the box and its taken off you so you basically have to hoof it instantly and even then you have to be in lots of space to hoof it because the ball can get taken off you mid hoof

Anyone that plays this mode do you get this? Or have i got insane input lag going on? But its been happening evey PES since like PES 2010 and it don't happen in the other game

It can be very frustrating you are basically rushed into everything

I am also getting tackled from behind alot which to me seems like a foul?

Let's sahe it everywhere. We have to win this battle.

I made the video about Dribbling mechanics bzc it's easy to show in images, and it's the first you notice when you play the 1.2. But i know there's a lot more stuff messed, like ball freedom or pass assistance.

Without dragging this one on and on..

Out of the box the dribbling mechanics and movement is exactly the same as the demo as is the AI..The AI doesn’t compress the space as much hence why it seems like there’s not as much forward movement from your teammates out of the box or in the demo.Runs and forward movement are initiated when space,gaps and passing angles appear in the opposition back line..The whole process is slower out of the box and in the demo.This in turn creates faster end to end football but less build up play or the need to pull and stretch the opposition to create space post patch..Again for forward movement.Its happening faster because the cpu AI is creating more space by compressing the ball carrier faster..The process is the same in all versions and one version doesn’t have better AI then the other..It’s just been tweaked to be much more aggressive post patch more of the time and not be so passive when it’s a goal up.All the agression is there out of the box and in the demo.

Physicality has been reduced and it is far easier to win the ball by just knocking players off balance.Players also recover better in the out of the box version and demo.

Dribbling and player movement is faster and much more enjoyable in the game out of the box as it is in the demo..It’s slower player movement post patch as is player turn speed and also lacks the springiness of the out of the box game and demo..

The loose ball physics,touch and miscontrol have also been reduced..

Player feel on the ball is tighter and also feels less loose post patch.

I’ve noticed playing both versions I much prefer retaining the ball and dribbling on the out of the box game and demo..It’s what made it for me and feels natural and great..It has been nullified.The AI dibbles less post patch because it’s not as effective.

The game is much more pass forward orientated now and geared for quicker end to end matches.

Imo the realism factor and representation of modern football is better replicated in the out of the box version and demo..

The cursor is also worse post patch as is player awareness and players ball watching..I barely saw it pre patch but now notice it every game post patch.I think it’s more cursor related then code or engine

Last edited:

The succes rate can't be 100% managed by CPU. It makes feel the game scripted, without rewarding your skill.

Demo feel more balanced in terms of that. When you pass a defender it feels due to your well timed input.

Less skilled players have to do poorer ball touches, but if you can control it and you make the touch in the right time you have to be able to beat the defender.

Also, tackle safety zone has killed "no burst dribbling/jogging dribbling".

Does anyone on here play MyClub? Because why online does it take players about half an hour to do things..You get the ball taken off you mid shot,mid pass.....dwell on the ball for 1 second in the box and its taken off you so you basically have to hoof it instantly and even then you have to be in lots of space to hoof it because the ball can get taken off you mid hoof

Anyone that plays this mode do you get this? Or have i got insane input lag going on? But its been happening evey PES since like PES 2010 and it don't happen in the other game

It can be very frustrating you are basically rushed into everything

I am also getting tackled from behind alot which to me seems like a foul?
That’s exactly why I’m NOT playing my club (besides the op team in no time).
I’m very sensitive to lags and such delays... so even when the online connection is quite good, there is a difference to offline and I hate that delay!!

I disagree pes does basic better.pes is bette rgameplay imo.i only like fifa for presnentation. lol i guess that makes me a pes fan boy
lol guess so LOL ROFL

stop embarassing yourself. i never said anything about fifa being better than pes, dont put words in my mouth please

dude i am not being personal. dont say stuff like you carry on, thats just as rude

so obvious you are trying to get a mod to warn me,see right through you
Not at all, why would I want to get you into trouble?! You were telling @StriderX9 that he was behaving like a fanboy or something similar. There’s no need for it. You don’t like the game and he does, doesn’t make him a fanboy.

Wouldn't it be better to compare games in the comparison thread?

The other game gets the basics right? Really? Some of you are confusing me, but i'm new here so i'm sure this will become the norm lol. Ive played both demos after a year break from either game and so far PES, as always, is miles better IMO. Im wondering if some are just unhappy that they're not as good as they want to be yet, to those gamers i say give it time.

I play with Arsenal and they're not that good, but im enjoying the game. More fouls and im good.

Back
Top Bottom