eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Is there no accumulated fatigue in ML now? Had no option to choose when I started & my players have full fatigue bar still after 7 matches & no depletion??

Yeah but it needs to go into the Dev's Facebook Page, not ranting on twitter.
That's the problem with the PES offline community. We don't know how to get together for this sort of things.

This, make sure they see our feedback. If anyone has feedback, send them anything like videos, gifs, images.

I don't think the issue is responsiveness. I think responsiveness is mostly fine, everything has a good level of heft and weight.

The issue with the dribbling is that the defenders often respond too well to your jinking and change in momentum, and then the reduction in the amount of shielding combined with the lack of fouls and the bias of physicality in favour of pressuring defenders means AI defenders routinely win most duels.

So it's not responsiveness of controls, it's that the AI knows what you're going to do and, once their defender is in contact with your dribbler, you're going to lose the ball.

Again - it just needs tweaking, and we just need to hope Konami use judgement to recognise what the real problem is, rather than make dribbling super speedy and kill the weight of the game, just because lots of fans have identified the right problem but the wrong solution.

Fair enough but I don't agree really. As shown on the previous page in my quick video. You can wrong foot defenders, shield them off the ball during a sprint and beat them using momentum. The only difference now is that its a harder which for me is better because in the demo it was far too easy to walk through the defence.

Grinded out a 1-0 win Vs Brescia
It's my third time playing them (twice on my first test ML)

And something is weird with that team, extremely good short passing,around 90 % in all games.
Not scripting since I've played them three times, different times in the season etc.
You who play Serie A,ping me in if you have the same experience.
That's also the only non licenced team in Serie A.

Is there no accumulated fatigue in ML now? Had no option to choose when I started & my players have full fatigue bar still after 7 matches & no depletion??
If that's the case,I'm glad (it comes after a lot more than 7 games though)
Who the hell gets fatigued after 7 games?
Often one game a week.

Went back to patched to try it again because of kits.

Its just too much like 2019 for my tastes.

All the passing lanes are cut off and the AI reads nearly everything. Everything is so so tight. And the passing has no variation its all zipped about. Frustrating as hell.

i do agree on that, the ai still leave a lot to be desired even before trying it, pa1 and basic shooting need a lot more variety... i guess im getting the other game this year

I couldn't disagree more . I PlaY ON manual shooting it gives me the ability to do finesse shots or power shots and curl it. The AI is really good this year
they attack you in a variety of ways, sure there's a lack of AI responsiveness here and there but in my opinion this is the best pes sincePES 5 has 2013 gameplay-wise. It is most realsitic and fun soccer simulation Ive ever played.cant stop playing it.to each his own. It just baffles me that people don't like it and prefer FIFA which is s*** in my opinion over this.

I agree, Ive been going back and forth between the full game and demo and there are parts of the demo i like, but i honestly believe it's because the AI are easily tricked by every skill move/feint you do. You have so much more time to input the moves and think about what you're going to do. The game is harder now.

Pre patch there's no aggression really, so yes, it feels great when everyone is able to play like Weedens or Spoony and have all these skills pay off but post patch is still good, you'll just have to really be good at the game now in order to get away with what you were doing in the demo, yes it's slightly zippier but going -1 for game is a no no for me. It felt way too slow, slower than the demo.

All i want is more fouls. When i beat a man with skill and he barges me off the ball i want a foul called like in pre patch. Obstruction needs to be called more.

The fouls I completely agree when it comes to dribbling I believe its balanced very well. All I want is that if I do beat the player and he knocks me over it should be a foul.

There is in fact theres been several people complain that its too much as it gets to Christmas and everyone is knackered.

Went back to patched to try it again because of kits.

Its just too much like 2019 for my tastes.

All the passing lanes are cut off and the AI reads nearly everything. Everything is so so tight. And the passing has no variation its all zipped about. Frustrating as hell.

Yep, that was one of the things I detested about the patched version - every match felt like a chore, especially when I favour 3*/4* teams rather than Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid etc. Went back to 1.0 and immediately enjoyed it again. Personally I'd rather play it and actually enjoy it without the kits/updates etc, than slog my way through drab matches which give me no satisfaction whatsoever. But hey, different strokes and all that.

View attachment 19686
1/ Fouls & physicality. In the demo, pressuring by holding Square or X was punished heavily. If skilful enough, players could anticipate the tackle and shift bodyweight to evade it. We know that some foul decisions were wrong in the demo, but in the Day 1 patch, players now tackle through the back or side, often knocking over the ball carrier, without any fouls being given. The demo’s physicality gave players more time on the ball, allowing them to use the wonderful new finesse system. Unfortunately, on the latest build, finesse touches are punished by opponents who quickly press, without fear of giving away fouls.

Love to see PES SERBIA joins to the fight.

Enjoyed so much your PES 6 Sholym Patchs

can see it already, game decides its time for you to concede even in human vs human, all of a sudden every pass intercepted,every header lost.

why do they do this and why do people accept it?

we see this every year,soon the best pes since..... posters decide the game is souless within a few weeks

Fair enough but I don't agree really. As shown on the previous page in my quick video. You can wrong foot defenders, shield them off the ball during a sprint and beat them using momentum. The only difference now is that its a harder which for me is better because in the demo it was far too easy to walk through the defence.
I'm commenting having seen both your vid and the one of what's missing from the demo. Yes it was too easy in the demo, but no it's not especially well balanced now.

There's a midpoint to be found, but the important thing is that it's not reached by making the dribbling inhumanly fast - Konami just need to make the AI a touch more human in some of its responses, which we already know is attainable.

Perhaps some video examples of dribbling not succeeding would be more helpful in this case. It's not that being able to beat players is impossible, just that in some cases it's too difficult or imbalanced in favour of the defence.

in my set up L2 but i switch it from R1 so i assume for you holding R1... So i face up hold L2 to bring in close control then double tap R2 to sprint away. Also look at the defenders position and the way they are leaning to wrong foot them, its deeper than it looks but once you get it you can go past people but not just by sprinting with fast players

You have a weird control scheme. I use the default control Scheme and R1 is sprint, L2 is manual modifier, R2 is special controls, none of the controls in-game list 'Close control' as a thing, are you sure you aren't just holding a button and imagining the control is tighter?

Ok, found this, so R2 and LS is close control.

https://www.fifplay.com/pes-2020-controls/

Last edited:
Anyone else feel the dribbling was slightly better in the demo?
maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• 917149E8-8D46-4BC2-B625-65679CFC2B4F.jpeg
    917149E8-8D46-4BC2-B625-65679CFC2B4F.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 4
can see it already, game decides its time for you to concede even in human vs human, all of a sudden every pass intercepted,every header lost.

why do they do this and why do people accept it?

we see this every year,soon the best pes since..... posters decide the game is souless within a few weeks
Bullshit.pes 5 wasnt souless amd so isnt this but has same.problems as all pes.your being way too harsh

If that's the case,I'm glad (it comes after a lot more than 7 games though)
Who the hell gets fatigued after 7 games?
Often one game a week.
Yeah just noticed it's started to kick in after around 8 games & I agree this is much better. I got worried because there is no option to choose at the start & I'm so used to it kicking in after a couple of games I thought they'd removed it completely. A welcome change having it start a bit later.

Typical, booked today off work. Get up to play myclub and it's down!!!

Anyway guys I've been away from Pes a long time. Like 8 years ..

I have started a myclub on ps4. If I fst an option file will it make any difference to team names, player names or anything useful in myclub mode?
welcome-back-5b7667.jpg

On my very first day with the game I had this:
...and a penalty, and an injured player, and a late winner in overtime during a cup match, and the ai diving in my pen area, and overall a lot of fun! :D

Last edited:
Yeah just noticed it's started to kick in after around 8 games & I agree this is much better. I got worried because there is no option to choose at the start & I'm so used to it kicking in after a couple of games I thought they'd removed it completely. A welcome change having it start a bit later.
Agree pal!
I've had a lot of injuries in my ML as well,that's been pretty solid since 19
Mostly small ones,but also two long term

I want to play my Milan save! Haven't been back to it since yesterday, been too busy. This evening when my son is in bed, I'll get a few games in.

I just thought of something that I'm going to check. I wonder if when I'm playing at home, Inter will be scheduled as playing away that weekend?

Back
Top Bottom