eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The other game gets the basics right? Really? Some of you are confusing me, but i'm new here so i'm sure this will become the norm lol. Ive played both demos after a year break from either game and so far PES, as always, is miles better IMO. Im wondering if some are just unhappy that they're not as good as they want to be yet, to those gamers i say give it time.

I play with Arsenal and they're not that good, but im enjoying the game. More fouls and im good.
I think you need to re do that message,@Lobbedball was stating that some other game gets the basics right!
Not me.

And im enjoying Pes 20 a lot too

Scored a pretty neat goal in my ML (top player, pa01) against one of the poorest sides in the league last night. I got this guy, Gamboa, Costa Rican RB, in on a free - and he's been ace to have down the right. Scoring here, and had an assist in the game before.

Nice, i like how the animation of Rican's shot has exactly the right calmness for the situation, as if he knows he's in front of an open goal.

Noticing that on top player, If I start a finese dribble on the wing, the opposition just doesn't engage me. Could literally just stand there for the full game. Wonder if its just when I am playing against the deep defensive line tactic (which badly needs revising because its implemented terribly).

Noticing that on top player, If I start a finese dribble on the wing, the opposition just doesn't engage me. Could literally just stand there for the full game. Wonder if its just when I am playing against the deep defensive line tactic (which badly needs revising because its implemented terribly).
I'm curious did you find it to be this way in the demo as well?

Hi guys, quick question here.
Does anyone have an issue on PC where my Game plays fine but when the ball goes to the corner of the pitch or when I take a corner my FPS drops?
It is really noticeable and quite annoying.
Anyone got any solutions or can anyone help.

Any input would be appreciated

Are referring to basic shooting? Cuz manual for me has variety I only use manual I like that it's difficult you can do Finessin power shots and curve of the ball
No mate patched version. It's just horrible. Cpu is just aggressive, accurate and nasty to play against. They've also started bombing down the wing, not crossing, doing a step over and running back towards there own goal then stopping again and turning back.

Fucking pointless

Hi guys, quick question here.
Does anyone have an issue on PC where my Game plays fine but when the ball goes to the corner of the pitch or when I take a corner my FPS drops?
It is really noticeable and quite annoying.
Anyone got any solutions or can anyone help.

Any input would be appreciated
Oops wrong thread

Crosses!
I see way to many going behind my attackers.
I haven't seen it that much on TP,could be the shitty professional difficulty (god I hate that difficulty)

No mate patched version. It's just horrible. Cpu is just aggressive, accurate and nasty to play against. They've also started bombing down the wing, not crossing, doing a step over and running back towards there own goal then stopping again and turning back.

Fucking pointless
I thought the same when I first played this but the more I’ve played, I couldn’t disagree with you more.

PES 2019 the CPU would be nasty and overly aggressive & accurate. In this, the crap teams I play against actually play like crap teams and the good teams are obviously more clinical.

I’ve had so many varied games in my short time with Master League. And take that from someone who HATED how stiff, clunky and scripted PES 2019 was.

Eurogamer reviews of pes are always odd. They often praise and criticise all the wrong things.

Is dribbling past players really that hard post patch? In ver 1.00 its difficult but doable. And little flicks of the right stick produce all these amazing little touches that take you past players, in and out of players. Controllinh David Neres at Ajax with little flicks of RS is like weaving magic.

Has that really gone from the patch?

Also, one the amazing things about this pes is the stride pattern of players. Each running step is so finely mapped that you actually feel each moment of the running motion, each moment between landing/changing direction which makes is super fluid but also gives you the ability to plan your dribble decisions. This is the first game that's ever done it this well. Speeding up.responsiveness would destroy that.

(The best example I can think of is mo salah. He dribbles well but unlike messi, he tends to complete all his strides and so the ball moves quite loosely in front of him. This is the first game that let's you replicate that feel (fifa 19 unpatched did this quite well though...))

Totally agree, animation and input system, were crafted like a Switzerland watch.
I know i little bit how the gameplay works in the background, I've made a few gameplay mods.
Touch one pice and the card castle could fall. It's really complex.

I know that this' s the main reason that PES TEAM should to know that make huge changes in a few time based on demo feedback isn't a good idea.

Hi all,

This is my first post here (though I've occasionally lurked), and I wish it was a more positive one.
PES 2020 has actually been perhaps my biggest disappointment with the franchise.

I've been playing PES for nearly 2 decades (and honestly prefer calling Winning Eleven still).
It has, to me, always been the best football game every year--this year included.
Hell, I'll go as far as to say that this is best football game of all time. Unless you count PES 2020 Demo, that is...

I'm an offline-only, top-player AI, PA0, manual shooting, basic pass-through player.
When I got the demo, I was a bit skeptical at first, but it grew on me a lot within a few days.
The pace was close to perfect, the passing and shooting very enjoyable, players moved and reacted very naturally, there was physicality but also fouls, and dribbling was fun but not overpowered.
I don't think I was particularly good with RS, but I was willing to give it a try--I could imagine it being interesting.

But when the game came out on Tuesday, something felt off. The game plays "faster" and there are no fouls. I feel like it became more like a game of hockey in many ways.

I was concerned that it was a placebo effect, so I kept playing (and will still).
But whenever I go back to demo, I just can't help thinking that there was a serious downgrade.
Most of it looks and plays the same surely, but the little that changed were mostly important parts of the soul of the game. And the changes were for the worse.

Now I understand that demos are a useful mechanism to gather people's opinions on a game and make changes accordingly. But it's also a deeply flawed process in many ways.

Firstly, initial impressions are not indicative of long term enjoyment. New players, in particular, will almost want to lower the learning curve. But this often results in a simpler and worse game in the long run.
Fouls is one example of this. Don't get me wrong, some fouls called in the demo a were bit silly. But what we have now is absurd--the AI just has its players slam against mine constantly, and I can just hold X to strip the ball away from them. The game is so physical that dribbling feels much less useful.

Secondly, most feedback is negative. Especially towards a rival of a much more famous franchise.
I like FIFA actually--not as much as PES, but it's a good game.
But some FIFA players have a lot emotionally invested in it and see PES as a threat (the same thing happens in the opposite direction, just in fewer numbers).
You can try to make PES as close as possible to FIFA, but it won't matter.

Thirdly, people will always ask for what's familiar. And to a lot of them is this arcade-like feel of most sports game. They don't necessarily know they want something else, until you give it to them.

Lastly, as a customer, I feel like the demo should also give me an accurate representation of what I'm purchasing. If you are going to change the game significantly, it'd be nice for the demo to be patched as well, or for a new demo to be released, before I shell out $60.
As it stands, the demo feels a bit like false advertising to me.

There are other problems with the game (e.g. the menus are awful), but I'm willing to mostly overlook these.
I mostly care about the gameplay. Which is good--really good. But not great, like the demo's.
And I can't help feeling that the devs know the demo was better, which is why they released it.
As artists and professionals, they gotta listen to feedback, but also be able to stick by their work.
And I wish they had, because their initial product was amazing.

Edit: 2020, not 2019 :(

Last edited:
Totally agree, animation and input system, were crafted like a Switzerland watch.
I know i little bit how the gameplay works in the background, I've made a few gameplay mods.
Touch one pice and the card castle could fall. It's really complex.

I know that this' s the main reason that PES TEAM should to know that make huge changes in a few time based on demo feedback isn't a good idea.
yeah exactly that's what I don't understand how I was surprised how many people were complaining about the full game I've noticed very few differences and I think that it's ignorant to say that I know you should get the full game is nothing like the demo I I can you only speak for myself but I really think it's all mental but everybody is entitled to their opinion.i think full.game is not.much different to demo

I thought the same when I first played this but the more I’ve played, I couldn’t disagree with you more.

PES 2019 the CPU would be nasty and overly aggressive & accurate. In this, the crap teams I play against actually play like crap teams and the good teams are obviously more clinical.

I’ve had so many varied games in my short time with Master League. And take that from someone who HATED how stiff, clunky and scripted PES 2019 was.
How's your Milan save going?
One thing I've noticed is that TS doesn't go up that quickly this year (which is good)
That game gets tougher after the first 5-6 games.
Quite easy to think "this will be a breeze"
One thing bothering me is taking on a team,and the team has shitty TS from the start,despite few players in/out.

The thing is I like the game post and pre patch..Everyone’s a winner!

I now have one version post patch(PS4)..And Xbox one X pre patch..

It’s all good..I get the best of both worlds.

respect your opinion but please dont sign off with next year lol, that is pes bingo right there.

i actually have no serious issues with pes 16-19 other than scripting. thats why i always love the demos, cant part with cash right now for a game that will cheat

Scripting will always be in sports games, but as long as it isn't too blatant then it's acceptable.

No PES bingo here, I meant that PES is in a great place (unlike last gen) where it should transition well to next gen along with the great reception it is receiving.

I can second this. I do agree that the game CAN look like Pes 19 at its worst at times. But otherwise I think it's a great leap forward especially in terms of variety. That old Pes feeling of " hey let me try this stupid move or shot and see if it works " is back. At least in my eyes.

Is it my imagination or has the ai been dumbed down since launch? Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo really stood out in the demo when controlled by the ai but not in the full game.

Had to turn it off. Its fucking horrible. No variation at all.

That's so strange. I'm loving my ML career and seeing so many varied goals and attacks and different teams playing differently, randomness, deflected shots, rebounds from goalies. When you hit a cross in anything can happen. It's a beauty.

Definitely over my initial disappointment of it seemingly not playing like the demo. This game plays great. Love it so far.

A question regarding double touch @OBH

As we have to consider whether we are attacking right or left when pressing the sticks, do we also have to consider whether we are going up or down the pitch, or even at an angle?
That is exactly right. The skills list assumes you are in the middle of the pitch facing the goal directly, from left to right.

The angle you need to press the stick changes depending on which way the player is facing. This applies to all skills not just this one.

Last edited:
every year of this time I just hope fifa comes out asap so the pes discussion not get derailed by the 'it doesn't play like fifa" crowds.
personally I haven't noticed any difference except for the AI, which is defintely a step up from the demo

Back
Top Bottom