eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

It wasn’t extravagance or deep pockets..

The gameplay warrants it and I had built up a bit of a taste for the demo on the Xbox x aswell as the PS4 pro..

Conversely the Xbox one X version does run like a dream and is super smooth compared to the pro...The controllers do give the game a different feel(the elite is pure luxury)..

Was only kidding, nothing intended. Part of me is tempted to nick my brothers xbox though...

I've also.noticed xbox demos playing way better than ps4. And pes 14 played so much better on xbox. Not just the feel, the ball physics and AI too.

How is player ID in pes 2020. Is it anything special? Don't think I've read much about going up against Messi and CR7 and them playing like IRL.

Need some help here pls. I m buying pes 20 disc 2 morrow. Shall I stick with version 1.0 or 1.2? Which plays better? Gameplay wise. In poorer words shall i install d patch or stop it from installing?

Some say 1.0. Some say 1.2. Some say both.

Main thing is you've decided to buy so put it on and play and if you like what you play you stick with it. My problem is still deciding whether the product is worth the money at the mo.

One thing that is always crazily disappointing to me is how the game developpers have let the FKs be so so easy to score from whether you're playing, playing against a human opponent or the CPU. I mean who is the genius who thinks the rate at which the FKs are scored is fine ? Absolutely stupid for me.
I counted that the last 10 FKs on the edge of the box against the CPU have all been goals. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah,I saw they recommend it.
Jupp,HDR enabled.
Looks so much better now that I've calibrated it.
Though,yellow pitches should be the most realistic at least here after two hot summers.
Thanks for your help mate

Can you tell me what exactly you have change for good picture. What kind of TV do you have?

Yeah,I saw they recommend it.
Jupp,HDR enabled.
Looks so much better now that I've calibrated it.
Though,yellow pitches should be the most realistic at least here after two hot summers.
Thanks for your help mate
No worries :)

Speaking of yellow, one of the grounds has a weird sepia color. Not just the pitch, but the whole picture turns sepia. I can't remember which one exactly, but it's one of the Brazilians. It was so out of place like it's shot in the 70s. I actually thought my TV or PS4 broke lol. I'm not sure if it was a one time thing, I haven't checked it again. Also don't know if it's a bug or done on purpose, and if it's the same post patch.

Anyone see that?

No worries :)

Speaking of yellow, one of the grounds has a weird sepia color. Not just the pitch, but the whole picture turns sepia. I can't remember which one exactly, but it's one of the Brazilians. It was so out of place like it's shot in the 70s. I actually thought my TV or PS4 broke lol. I'm not sure if it was a one time thing, I haven't checked it again. Also don't know if it's a bug or done on purpose, and if it's the same post patch.

Anyone see that?

It's Palmeiras old stadium, you'll have to ask Konami why they wasted time creating a stadium that doesn't exist anymore instead of something useful, next they be making a stupid 1M seat fantas... ah wait.

This game is absolutely wonderful at times. The boring 0-0 slogs remind me of classic PES 5 matches where they were just tactical battles.

I’m so glad I’ve stuck with this now, I’m only now starting to realise what’s under the hood, so to speak.

My brand of football is starting to take shape. A high pressing, possession based 4-3-3 system. I love how my wingers are linking up with the striker. I set him to anchor so he doesn’t drift around and he stays central.

Long pass attacking instruction for CPU is a real problem.
Played a spanish second division ML game and 90% of CPU attacks were a simple long ball up to the striker. Once they had the ball in my 3rd of the field though it was better.
I think I saw @Chris Davies mention this. It’s very bad and the CPU posed no real threat that game. So frustrating, potentially a game breaker for me.

People with vanilla version installed - do you notice this as well?
Edit: tried same cpu instructions (possession + long pass) on the demo, seemed not as bad but hard to tell really

Last edited:
It’d be awesome if EvoWeb could organize a fuma league online for fuma fanatics. And thanks guys for the replies. The difficulty setting seems to be missing once you start your ml (including dashboard)

Edit: sorry I’m blind. It’s match level right there staring at me and somehow I missed it.

Last edited:
Need some help here pls. I m buying pes 20 disc 2 morrow. Shall I stick with version 1.0 or 1.2? Which plays better? Gameplay wise. In poorer words shall i install d patch or stop it from installing?

Try both and see what version you prefer..

If you want all the content and dlc your need to patch..The same applies for a option file

Personally I prefer vanilla..

It’s a subjective thing but imo there’s no difference in the AI between versions...The alterations create a different balance and a slightly faster game,interms of front line movement and end to end play..

Last edited:
In case you're worried on missing out on something by turning auto-feint on; the only skills you'll be locked out of are ones like the '3 touch roulette' like this:

It looks cool, but the animation is so long, and pressure is so powerful that it makes skills like this totally uneffective in 99% of situations anyway, so you're really not missing out on them.

Actually I just did that by accident with Barkley and I have auto feint ON.

Sometimes real love returns.

I have been seeing her from time to time in the last 10 years, but something has changed. We were indeed grown from each other. She wanted something else, although I was trying again and again.

Today she came back. I don’t know what happened - but it just clicked. I actually don’t think I have spent that much time with her for a long time. We just spent time together for 5-6 hours straight. Only when we needed some food we were doing something else.

This is a true love story. Now I understand why I just kept trying. It was all worth it.

One thing sticking out from ten or so games is that. Turning on the ball and shooting from 20 yards or so is a bit too overpowered and results in too many unsatisfying goals, same goes for the AI. If they can get it to the feet of the striker in a certain position it's very easy for them to spin round and ping a shot in.

Unfortunately, it seems to be the go to tactic for the ai, but on the flip side you know that's what they're going to do so you just try an anticipate which way they'll turn.

I just want more fouls lol that's probably my biggest gripe with the game at the moment. There's blatant fouls just not being called anymore since the patch.

How is player ID in pes 2020. Is it anything special? Don't think I've read much about going up against Messi and CR7 and them playing like IRL.

Some say 1.0. Some say 1.2. Some say both.

Main thing is you've decided to buy so put it on and play and if you like what you play you stick with it. My problem is still deciding whether the product is worth the money at the mo.

It's definitely worth £35

I'm starting to be very annoyed right now.
Probably 25-30 ML games since the start.
The blatant cheating in ai shielding,you never being able to take the ball from them,me always losing it with a tackle from behind,or my first steps always being slower than them.
Really annoyed with it right now,feels like you're playing against an unbeatable ai on those things.
Going to give this a pass for some time now before I start to hate it properly.
Konami really needs to sort this ai out

Sometimes real love returns.

I have been seeing her from time to time in the last 10 years, but something has changed. We were indeed grown from each other. She wanted something else, although I was trying again and again.

Today she came back. I don’t know what happened - but it just clicked. I actually don’t think I have spent that much time with her for a long time. We just spent time together for 5-6 hours straight. Only when we needed some food we were doing something else.

This is a true love story. Now I understand why I just kept trying. It was all worth it.

:APPLAUD:
This game plays so freakin sweet at times it's orgasmic!

Playing a league with Real Betis and some of the matches are so tense, and when it clicks there's some real magic moments in there. Even missing the target has me jumping out of my seat at times plus I find there's a lot of random stuff and deflections going on.
Also the physicality is on another level; I love how you can win the ball but it's not an either or - that defender is still right there to try and win it back from you, and sometimes does (without cheating).

On the whole debate about demo and the different versions, I think it's important to remember just how different PES can feel with different modes, teams and from game to game. Heck, I just played a cup game against a 2nd division side and it started out feeling pretty "normal" but as I went ahead 3-0 (5-0 on agg) and the game went beyond the 70th minute mark it was like my players became super human and the opponent players lost all will to live. I even stopped going forward in injury time because it felt like sort of cheating to run up and score another.

And to add some visuals to this:
Jumping out of my seat

When it clicks

...and I agree to some extent about the fouls. It's like they flipped the coin, where before you'd get some that weren't a foul and now some clear ones just aren't called:

Not really a game breaker for me though.

Last edited:
This game online is HORRIBLE. Might as well be called Pes 2019. I HATE HATE HATE what they did to the fouls from the demo. I’m seeing nasty tackles not punished.

Another international cup, full manual this one.. Starts 2nd half I'm 2 nil up.. Then a full game after showing a bad team compared to a good team.. Ronaldo lessons me.. Top player both videos. Also shows dribbling past players

I want to share this video. I read much about the ai not use skill move or do 1 on 1. I was ashamed, like it was me that get nutmegged the one's who playing in real life know what I mean. All other 20 player on field like "uuuuuuuhhhh"

Last edited:
One thing that is always crazily disappointing to me is how the game developpers have let the FKs be so so easy to score from whether you're playing, playing against a human opponent or the CPU. I mean who is the genius who thinks the rate at which the FKs are scored is fine ? Absolutely stupid for me.
I counted that the last 10 FKs on the edge of the box against the CPU have all been goals. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Have to agree on that. Anything close to my box and I go "yep, that's gonna go in" - which it does.

I'm starting to be very annoyed right now.
Probably 25-30 ML games since the start.
The blatant cheating in ai shielding,you never being able to take the ball from them,me always losing it with a tackle from behind,or my first steps always being slower than them.
Really annoyed with it right now,feels like you're playing against an unbeatable ai on those things.
Going to give this a pass for some time now before I start to hate it properly.
Konami really needs to sort this ai out

so I jus played a game of 2019 - there is a BS defensive move where CPU defence will just step on the ball and kill your attack (@Chris Davies posted about it a while ago)

That mechanic kills 2019 enjoyment.

Is what you are talking about the 2020 equivalent?

Back
Top Bottom