eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

What are you talking about? They could keep the gameplay tweaks with each version as a selectable ruleset in each subsequent EXE, nothing to do with PC v consoles.
He was talking about physically reverting back to an older version, and I don't think they're allowed separate exe's on consoles.

But, you're right, they could always have each versions 'rule set' for want of a better word as a selectable option in the menu.

I thought he was talking about physically rolling to game back to an earlier version.

Right, @Chuny, @Chris Davies, here it is:

'Skills for-players-with-two-left-feet #1' :D

Before you start, turn on auto-feint, if it isn't on already. Yes, it locks you out of certain skills, but we're not doing them anyway so it doesn't matter.

We're going to do ONE skill - Double Touch.

This is both incredibly useful, and incredibly easy. I use this skill a LOT, not just because of its usefulness, but because a huge amount of players can actually do it. I don't even bother checking to see if they have the skill move in their traits list, because even if they don't have it, a lot of players can still do it, the animation is just slightly different and a bit slower.

I'm going to assume you're shooting from left to right.

#1 Basic Use
So, while facing the opponent:

Hold arrows, up, arrow, navigation, direction, upload, top icon icon.png on the right stick (or down.png )
and without letting go, also press right.png on the left stick, and the player will do this:
ezgif-3-9604aa10dca8.gif

Simple right?

#2 Advanced Use
What makes this skill really good is that it's equally as useful whether you're moving, or standing still.

So, let's say you're moving away from your opponent's goal, and a defender is on your back... you can press L1 to turn and face the goal, then use this skill to beat the player who's putting pressure on you, like this:
ezgif-3-b39469c0cdec.gif
Again, simple right?

#3 Pro Use
Lastly, you can do this skill while you're using the finesse dribble, without having to let go of the right stick.

So, let's say you're moving in a up-right.png direction using finesse dribble.
Once a player get's near you, press down right.png on the left stick, and away you go, like this:

ezgif-3-bc84199268c3.gif

You can even spam the hell out of it and beat a second player immediately after as I have done :D

I hope this helps, because I cannot explain it any better than this! :LOL:

Honestly though, go into a game on Regular difficulty with PSG, and just spam this trick with everyone until you'll get the hang of it. You'll notice that their defenders do it slowly, players like Di Maria should be good at it, and Neymar (along with Thiago) have their own unique animation for the skill, so PSG or Bayern are a good choice to use so you can see the different animations for it.

Let me know how you get on!!

Wow, this seems to have gone down a lot better than I was expecting.

Might make a thread of more if anyone's interested.

Yes, make the thread! I'd completely forgotten about this sidestep thing from pes 14. Havent used it in years. Such a huge thrill from such a simple move.
And the animations for it are great.

Reactions: OBH
He was talking about physically reverting back to an older version, and I don't think they're allowed separate exe's on consoles.

But, you're right, they could always have each versions 'rule set' for want of a better word as a selectable option in the menu.

I thought he was talking about physically rolling to game back to an earlier version.
Nah I meant just that, being able to select which gameplay we want rather than being stuck with the latest. As @Chris Davies said, they could easily get it right and then ruin it with the next patch. I just feel by allowing us to pick, Konami would save themselves all the criticism without having to do much/if any additional work. Loads of people are calling for something which was already there, they just want it back.

Reactions: OBH

Absolutely.
Im doing ok with the left stick alone, since I started to focus on defenders and their reactions rather than my player.
So left stick and speed bursts are fine, but when it comes to combining them with right stick, or god forbid - right stick+R2+left stick... im more like
tumblr_pdqzy5V5X11tf8a5ao1_500 (1).gif

I'm loving the variety of goals that the CPU is scoring against me. In my pre-season match v Arsenal last night, Ozil scored a very Ozil-like goal, like a whipped shot into the top left of the goal.

This game despite it's flaws is very good this year and I'm noticing new things every time I play.

One complaint I have: The CPU does the cross field pass FAR too much.

What are you talking about? They could keep the gameplay tweaks with each version as a selectable ruleset in each subsequent EXE, nothing to do with PC v consoles. It's only a set of internal variables they're changing, which they could save and allow you to choose from. The NHL games have had a gameplay selector for years where you can select which EXE's gameplay you want, offline.

Of course, you couldn't do it online, you'd need to be playing the same game as everybody else (i.e. the latest version) - but you can't do that on PC either.

Every sports game should have this and it infuriates me that they don't. Imagine that the next patch destroyed the gameplay we're enjoying at the minute. Without a PC, we'd be completely screwed. The only choice would be 1.0 with no option files or the latest version.
I really like this idea that every sports game should have it. When you're playing something constantly (sports games especially) you become very conscious of how the mechanics work and extremely sensitive to any subtle changes that may occur with subsequent changes.

Be it for the good or the bad of the game, sometimes these little changes won't suit absolutely everyone & can completely throw off your enjoyment of playing something you have ingrained in your muscle memory.

Sometimes it is just a case of relearning something but having the option to play the version you prefer offline wouldn't hurt anyone would it, especially if you don't like the direction the game has gone.

Hi, I bought PES 2020 on launch day, not played since 2016 which I loved by the way for it's fluidity and realism compared to Fifa. From 2017 I went back to fifa as it improved a lot (19 being the biggest improvement) but this year I've gone back to PES again for realism.

However I'm struggling, which is something that never happened with PES 2016.

A lot is probably myself and how mechanics have changed in PES between 2016 and now. I want to love this game but I'm struggling.

Passing doesn't seem to work for me, I'm using PA1 maybe I need to learn this and improve or perhaps try PA2. In 2016, I used default and never had any issue passing the ball around. Now it looks almost clumsy rather than natural, a lot of the time it doesn't go where I want it to (That could be me being unfamiliar with PA1 so I accept that) but it still looks clumsy and unnatural rather than fluid most of the time. I say most of the time because when the game gets it right it looks amazing but why doesn't it do this all the time? Sometimes a pass (A long one on the floor) seems unnaturally fast compared to other passes.

Sometimes when trying to bomb down the wing, my players just stop like theyre in mud. Again it could be myself not knowing the right commands, there are no tutorials and no in game explanation that I can find and again I never had this problem in 2016 (Was able to bomb and spring fine). Other people do this to me so I accept it's my understanding but there is no method of me finding this out in game.

The above I can accept (Apart from clumsy passing mechanics) and realise I have to put time into working on but my biggest bugbear which really ruins the experience and the fluidity is player response. Pretty much all through the game the ball will run by one of my player either via a knock on, an interception or even a pass and they make no effort to pick the ball up. They stand still and I can't even take control of the player.

It happens constantly, stops immersion and frustrates the life out of me.

I'm really only playing Myclub so haven't tried other modes, does this happen to everyone or am I doing something wrong or missing a technique to prevent this. It's a real game killer, if this wasn't happening the game would be head and shoulders above Fifa for realism.

As it stands, Fifa isn't the better simulation of real football but the better game to play because it works. It does a better job of a gaming experience.

I'm hoping that someone can offer advice and say this is me and to combat it I do this this and this as I really want to love this game but the player reaction and inability to basically do what you would if you were a player on a proper football pitch is a killer. I could handle it if it was every now and then but it's all the time and I can get fluid with the game.

If anyone has any advice for someone new to PES since 2016, I would love your help.

Thanks

DozUK

Absolutely.
Im doing ok with the left stick alone, since I started to focus on defenders and their reactions rather than my player.
So left stick and speed bursts are fine, but when it comes to combining them with right stick, or god forbid - right stick+R2+left stick... im more like
View attachment 19678
:LOL:
Trust me, forget every other skill and just spam the one I’ve shown you endlessly till you’re good at it. You wouldn’t even need to ever learn another one if you didn’t want to.

I’ll put together some other ones then.

@Anth James my bad mate, I misunderstood you.

Please do, you've definitely got a knack for this stuff!

But remember, keep it simple - otherwise guys like me who try to use the left stick for everything won't be able to grasp it (I'm being serious, it scares me to touch the right stick and lock the player into an animation that runs them straight into the defender)...

In other news.

This guy's bottom of Serie B and gets offered the England manager's job.

Okay, that's hilarious. But seriously - crap to see this kind of thing. I've left it in the "bugs" thread on the PES dev Facebook page...

But remember, keep it simple - otherwise guys like me who try to use the left stick for everything won't be able to grasp it (I'm being serious, it scares me to touch the right stick and lock the player into an animation that runs them straight into the defender)...
I tried a trick with Borini last night and he froze and then fell over into the defender.

Hello guys, I'm new in this forum. I write to you because I would like to involve this community to change the way to collect feedback of the page of PES developers.
Yesterday I wrote this message on developers page and I posted the same message like a review on the page and like a comment on eFootballPES official page. In my opinion, it is better to create Facebook groups or an official forum in order to share feedback with other users (and maybe use images for a detailed description of feedback).

If you are interested in this initiative, please click on like button on these links:
Comment 1
Comment 2
Review

This is the message posted on PES pages:

Dear eFootballPES staff,

I have really appreciated the possibility of release feedback on your official page on facebook. I have a lot of ideas that I would like to share with you. I don’t want to sound arrogant but as a fan of the video game series of PES I want to tell you what I think.

At first, I think that only a page on Facebook is not enough to collect feedback. You can lose messages and there is not the possibility of upload images in a single comment. In my opinion, Facebook groups work better than a simple page because ideas and opinions that users exchange are more visible and ordered (and use images if you want and users have the opportunity to comment every single idea). Even better would be to create an official forum (with sections) instead of Facebook groups. It is a waste lose the possibility to show ideas in an orderly and visual way (I mean images) as the user Almighty (https://twitter.com/ESPESWE) does on Twitter.
I suggest to create these groups/sections:
- Gameplay suggestions;
- Master League suggestions;
- myClub suggestions;
- Modes suggestions (modes already existent in PES like “Become a Legend” and new ones;
- Edit mode suggestions.
In this way, you can collect feedbacks in more easily, detailed and ordered.

Another idea is to launch pools that regard new leagues in eFootballPES (fake leagues with real players like English Third Division or new licensed leagues which could be introduced in eFootballPES) and advertise these pools through social pages and with a message displayed in the game.

I hope you consider these ideas and thank you again for bringing the community into this.

Last edited:

This whole Auto-feint ON reminds me of the way I used to perceive any Difficulty level below Top Player.
I was always thinking - bollox! Im too good for this! Im playing football games since the start of 90's! Not going below Top Player! Its insulting! :LOL:
I have similar thing going on with Auto Feint. I rather trip over my own legs and kill myself than going down the Easy Street..
Need to man up and admit that Im full on Lukaku when it comes to dribbling. Gonna turn this Auto Feint On tonight! :LOL:

Hi, I bought PES 2020 on launch day, not played since 2016 which I loved by the way for it's fluidity and realism compared to Fifa. From 2017 I went back to fifa as it improved a lot (19 being the biggest improvement) but this year I've gone back to PES again for realism.

A lot is probably myself and how mechanics have changed in PES between 2016 and now. I want to love this game but I'm struggling.

Passing doesn't seem to work for me, I'm using PA1 maybe I need to learn this and improve or perhaps try PA2. In 2016, I used default and never had any issue passing the ball around. Now it looks almost clumsy rather than natural, a lot of the time it doesn't go where I want it to (That could be me being unfamiliar with PA1 so I accept that) but it still looks clumsy and unnatural rather than fluid most of the time. I say most of the time because when the game gets it right it looks amazing but why doesn't it do this all the time? Sometimes a pass (A long one on the floor) seems unnaturally fast compared to other passes.

Sometimes when trying to bomb down the wing, my players just stop like theyre in mud. Again it could be myself not knowing the right commands, there are no tutorials and no in game explanation that I can find and again I never had this problem in 2016 (Was able to bomb and spring fine). Other people do this to me so I accept it's my understanding but there is no method of me finding this out in game.

The above I can accept (Apart from clumsy passing mechanics) and realise I have to put time into working on but my biggest bugbear which really ruins the experience and the fluidity is player response. Pretty much all through the game the ball will run by one of my player either via a knock on, an interception or even a pass and they make no effort to pick the ball up. They stand still and I can't even take control of the player.

I'm really only playing Myclub so haven't tried other modes, does this happen to everyone or am I doing something wrong or missing a technique to prevent this. It's a real game killer, if this wasn't happening the game would be head and shoulders above Fifa for realism.

As it stands, Fifa isn't the better simulation of real football but the better game to play because it works. It does a better job of a gaming experience.

I'm hoping that someone can offer advice and say this is me and to combat it I do this this and this as I really want to love this game but the player reaction and inability to basically do what you would if you were a player on a proper football pitch is a killer. I could handle it if it was every now and then but it's all the time and I can get fluid with the game.

If anyone has any advice for someone new to PES since 2016, I would love your help.

Thanks

DozUK

A few general points that may help :

PES 2016 had attacking OP i.e. CPU defence was weak which meant higher scoring games off and online.

After this, PES 2017/18/19 became more defensive OP- which it sounds like has continued for PES 2020.

The good news is that PES 2020 has a new-ish control system which will take getting used to so the tips that the guys are putting on the site at the moment are relevant to old-timer and newcomer to PES.

Also MyClub probably isn't the best place to learn (due to potential scripting) - training modes, offline games and utilising the demo is where I think you'll learn the most

In other news.

This guy's bottom of Serie B and gets offered the England manager's job.

Okay, that's hilarious. But seriously - crap to see this kind of thing. I've left it in the "bugs" thread on the PES dev Facebook page...

Hahaha, I had similar last year. Bottom of the Championship with no wins after 6 games and Liverpool came in for me.

Thanks

DozUK
I agree with you,it s not you its the game, the game isn t a full pledged product from all fronts like fifa,fifa dev team are simply far bigger so they make the game good from all fronts,it s a development issue from konami this player awareness on the pitch as it happens to me too aswell

Anyone else getting the issue where kits dont show up on the pre-match lineup screen?
since installing the OF, this only happens in ML. every once in 4 or 5 matches it will show but mostly doesnt, I have to go by the little colour pill as to what kits to choose.

Was the method I used to explain the first one okay? I thought showing different situations that the same skill could be used would make it easier to understand.

I'm a bit reluctant to make more just yet because I genuinely believe anyone who doesn't use skills should start off just using this one!

This whole Auto-feint ON reminds me of the way I used to perceive any Difficulty level below Top Player.
I was always thinking - bollox! Im too good for this! Im playing football games since the start of 90's! Not going below Top Player! Its insulting! :LOL:
I have similar thing going on with Auto Feint. I rather trip over my own legs and kill myself than going down the Easy Street..
Need to man up and admit that Im full on Lukaku when it comes to dribbling. Gonna turn this Auto Feint On tonight! :LOL:
Don't be daft :LOL:
I have auto-feint on for a number of reasons - it makes the more effective skills in the game easier to do, and when turned off I, personally, don't think PES knows what skill you're trying to do as accurately as Fifa does.

I think you refunded steam version but did you end up keeping console? if so, what format/version?
Neither at the moment mate.

Yes, manual shots are rockets but you still have to hit them well to actually score. Better players then me might be able to pull it of, not me. Yet, as i said earlier, i would recommend anyone to try out manual R2 shots (disable power bar). For me it adds a bit of depth to shooting when you force yourself to make a concious decision to go for a more powerful shot or curl it around the keeper with R2. Most of the time i choose the latter, espcially if i have the player for it. Bad players can really screw up finesse shots.

.. something related below...
Playing last night, few more observations (+ and -'s regarding Ps4s latest patch):

+ Well, as I mentioned before, Konami have really given some attention to improving Manual Shooting this year. Finally, ive scored an R2 shoot from distance (NOT THE TYPICAL CUT IN, AND AIM FOR FAR POST TYPE):

+ infact, in pes2019 and prior, it was almost impossible to score long rangers on full manual shoot.. yes they'd all be hard and on target, but the keepers always stopped em with ease. Now its possible.. with the right KROOOOS:

- Yes R2 finesse shots now work in full manual, but they aren't real curlers like in basic shooting. They are more like placement shots with very little curl. Tried a heap in free training.. BUT ATLEAST THEY WORK!!! And the other thing is, it may well have to do with the player.. ie. a designated card/skill could be that a particular player can curl their r2 finesse shots more than others. In basic shooting, seems everyone has this skill.. still need to look into it.

+ Manual volleys increased errors/mishits:

And finally... unlocked "LEGEND" mode. Right way needed to play vs. Liverpool in this mode. Lost 4-0, but i have to say it was one of the best soccer gaming experiences ive had in ages. Jeez this game is good. Obviously ill stick with Superstar, but wow.. Legend is perfect for a challenge against a challenging team. Happy days n nights :)

Anyone else getting the issue where kits dont show up on the pre-match lineup screen?
since installing the OF, this only happens in ML. every once in 4 or 5 matches it will show but mostly doesnt, I have to go by the little colour pill as to what kits to choose.
I get that a lot, it's to do with the hard drive. I replaced the stock PS4 HDD with a bigger one, but there are times when it can't access data as quickly as it should be able to. With some games that means a longer loading time. With PES, it just gives up...

Thanks

DozUK

First advice is get off myclub if you want to actually learn how to play the game and enjoy it first. There is alot of various factors involved in myclub.

1. You start off with horrible players with terrible stats so they have poor defensive and attacking stats you can't expect them to be any good as they aren't they are pure crap as you can tell from playing with them.
2 There is the team spirit and manager relate ability stats. These are huge factors on how the team performs in myclub. You could have a team of superstars but if the TS is low then the play and positioning will be out of sync, players won't make runs properly etc. The manager relate-ability stat is important again because if you bring in a new manager, the first 10 games or so the players get used to the style and eventually learn and then everything flows well.
3. The last thing is myclub is a win at all costs mode so at the beginning its a real grind as you have people playing on PA2/3 just to cheat the game into a win and try to exploit any game weakness so you need to make sure you are up to scratch on techniques like advanced super cancel and physicality/shielding.

My advice is play offline and learn the game a bit with decent players where you can take your time and not worry about things like team spirit and team compatibility and you can set the difficulty low and gradually go up.

If you really can't stand playing the AI then jump into online divisions where you have full teams with no team spirit issues and will play and jell properly.

the AI on superstar is a complete joke, i find myself dominating the game, loads of chances snuffing out the AI then they blast into the striker, who holds of my defence like Ibra, swivels and scores.
Its a recurring theme going 1 nil down then battling back for the win.

enjoying it though.

the AI on superstar is a complete joke, i find myself dominating the game, loads of chances snuffing out the AI then they blast into the striker, who holds of my defence like Ibra, swivels and scores.
Its a recurring theme going 1 nil down then battling back for the win.

enjoying it though.

Just giving you some advice don't rush in use the shielding to your advantage if you don't try to push through them they wont be able to roll you. Second thing is use R2/ super cancel as soon as they turn a direction when trying to roll you then you can easily jump in and intercept. You will notice actually that when you get good at doing that the AI adapts and stops doing it.

Back
Top Bottom