eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

How do you guys see that? Is this during the day or night? Cloudy or not? One looks good with HDR.
Day and regardless of weather (summer) for me on Xbox X.
Maybe it's different for different stadiums.
I played Ibrox and it didn't look good at all,Vs 19 it's awful!
Maybe need to set TV manually?

Day and regardless of weather (summer) for me on Xbox X.
Maybe it's different for different stadiums.
I played Ibrox and it didn't look good at all,Vs 19 it's awful!
Maybe need to set TV manually?
Trying it now, Celtic vs Rangers at Ibrox and it's green for me. Do you have the same problem in other video games? Try the calibration setting in your Xbox and see if that helps.

The defenders should move reacting to your stepover, not when you make the burst.

It's basic football dribbling rules.

1 Do the feint
2 Look to defender reaction.
3 Defender falls on the trap.
4 You go to the free space.

In the clip you start the 4 step and then is when defender goes to the direction you've made the feint. You have chosed where you go before knowing if the defender it's fooled or not. This breaks the mechanic.

CPU defender appears to show more REACTION and INERTIA than the patched vid IMO. [I'm only basing this comment solely on the vids]

Hey fam
I don't know if this is the same for you. But, is it crazy that the least enjoyable games I've had so far are precisely between the top EPL or LaLiga teams?. This is in Exhibition Mode.

For example, I tried playing as and against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, etc. All those games were dull.

But then I played France vs Brazil or England vs Argentina and the games were amazing.
Also played Inter vs Roma, great game.

Have you had any great matches with the best teams in Europe?.
I rarely play with the top teams tbh. The best games i've had, have been with 3-4 star teams. I've found playing with international teams much more enjoyable also. I often play with Japan at the Saitama Stadium against slightly stronger opposition (especially with the new Japan squad which is weaker than previous years). It's a good challenge plus the stadium looks great and you get all the Japanese ad boards too. Very enjoyable

Two latinamerican PES influencer listed

They're a little bit "hater style" , but would be usefull to make more noise.
Companies're really afraid of hater's hordes.

We need english speacker influencer.
Truebrits'll be great. I hope he like to join.

Right, gentleboys - Time for my first impressions.
Fully updated, v.1.2. Didnt even try 1.0 not to confuse myself.
Played 6 exhibition matches.
Fuma, 15mins, professional.
Started of -1 speed as few of you said it feels more like a demo.
Felt a bit sluggish, so switched to 0 speed after first half. Played my two favourite teams - Mallorca Vs Parma. Lost 0-1.
After that played Borussia Vs Liverpool and....had to go back to -1. It was tad bit insane pace-wise. Soon I got used to -1 and I think its the most realistic football pace in any video game I played. More responsive, nerfed first touch and what comes with it - quicker animations are being balanced nicely with -1 speed and it doesnt feel as glitchy. Also, somehow I feels to me like speed matter more on -1.

Anyhow, gameplay impressions.

Just as I predicted before I even played the game, just from reading your opinions. Fouls are still there and number is not the biggest issue. Played Celtic Vs Rangers and had 7-6 fouls. The issue is - defending was dumbed down very much. Holding X wins you the ball most of the time, you dont have to wait, you dont have to think, you dont have to time tour tackles. You are not being punished.
This is huge for me, as defending in the demo was amazeballs..
Now players are too strong on their feet and defending is slightly overpowered. It also translates into attacking, where you cant really barge between defenders with a chance that you will hold onto the ball.
So I really hope they will bring more physicality and more impact to our tackles.

Shots also seems more varied in full version, even on manual.

AI plays well and its a really tough game on full manual, even on professional difficulty. Still - they make mistakes, which is lovely to see.

Didnt notice much difference in passing on PA0 between demo and this.
Random, free ball...? Its still there, maybe slightly less, but I do believe its due to better player awareness, which was seriously lacking in the demo. I had a bunch of blind guys and no one was interested to get a free ball.
So it it less free ball, or is it more awake players? Not sure.

Overall - if they bring back more physicality and more fouls, which as a result will bring back more challenging, yet rewarding defending - it might be a 10/10 from me... first time for everything...

Do loaned out players return in ML? Like Odegaard and Ceballos for Real Madrid? I can't see this inside ML menu. Thanks!
Doesn't look like it mate. The loaned players don't seem to have any link to their "parent club". This is one of the big frustrations i have with PES. Great gameplay but they continue to mess up all the "little things" that make a massive difference to immersion and realism.

It's one of the main areas where FIFA destroys PES but gameplay PES is king.

Two latinamerican PES influencer listed

They're a little bit "hater style" , but would be usefull to make more noise.
Companies're really afraid of hater's hordes.

We need english speacker influencer.
Truebrits'll be great. I hope he like to join.

So Adam has responded to this post by simply saying feed this back to the devs on fbk, so not sure if he thinks this is an actual issue

Doesn't look like it mate. The loaned players don't seem to have any link to their "parent club". This is one of the big frustrations i have with PES. Great gameplay but they continue to mess up all the "little things" that make a massive difference to immersion and realism.

So, they stay at that club forever? Don't they come back after a season or half a season?

So, they stay at that club forever? Don't they come back after a season or half a season?
In PES2019 loan players NEVER went back or came back to you. This is because they're registered as your players. You could even sell them with absolutely no issues. I've just started and Arsenal ML yesterday and from the look of things its the same as in previous PES games. Very disappointed from a realism standpoint. Master League Remastered my ass. Its just a paint over crack with very minor cosmetic touch ups

I agree that the ‘dumbing down’ of defending is the worst change from demo to full version. Having to think about your positioning and intensity when pressuring has such a knock on effect and really made the game much more tactical. Really hope if they adjust one thing it’s that.

Trying it now, Celtic vs Rangers at Ibrox and it's green for me. Do you have the same problem in other video games? Try the calibration setting in your Xbox and see if that helps.
I haven't ,but I think I'll set it up anyway,not sure if I've done it since switching from my reg One.
Thanks Lami

They do return to their parent club,think I've explained it twice past 10 pages or so
I played through January on my test ML,and the loans returned

So hard to keep up with this thread with the Australian time difference haha! Every morning when i get to the office the first thing I do is grab a coffee and catch up on the 10 pages of this forum I've missed while asleep.

In regards to Pulisic's face (and players of similar popularity who come in to the game via live update) I think Konami should immediately release a small data pack which sorts these out. They don't need to advertise it or anything and the file size would be really small but at least it will address the issue before anyone can see it. Whilst I don't care much about how his face looks, it's pretty bad for business/publicity. The way social media is nowadays we're probably going to see his generic looking face being shared by some of the big sport/football social media accounts, on memes etc.

Hi Evoweb mates ,after two hours of hard work I've made a video showing what has messed after patch:

Everything it's related to offline experience. The major part of the points showed there, are AI behaviours, so maybe online players haven't noticed it at all.

Enjoy if you can, or at least share it whatever you want to make all this stuff bringed back.

Lets go Pes elitists!! Go to fight for our rights!!

And thanks :TU:

Please share this video to anywhere you can.

No it doesn’t mess with it mate.

The only thing I found is is shuffled some managers about that had recently moved.

anyone else with the @PesUniverse option file installed not seeing the kits appear on the pre match lineup screen?

I think that's less the OF and more the game. I have the same issue without that file, but it's on and off. Sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.

The defenders should move reacting to your stepover, not when you make the burst.

It's basic football dribbling rules.

1 Do the feint
2 Look to defender reaction.
3 Defender falls on the trap.
4 You go to the free space.

In the clip you start the 4 step and then is when defender goes to the direction you've made the feint. You have chosed where you go before knowing if the defender it's fooled or not. This breaks the mechanic.

No not at all I fool the defender and then I know he is fooled which is why I use the boost to make sure of the space I have made for myself. That's what I did specifically that was my thoughts in that situation. I did a skill move and they obviously have to be premeditated that's how skills work. But once you see it has worked then you take advantage of it.

Its weird you didnt comment on my first video which showcased me wrong footing a defender who goes the wrong way and me physically pushing the defender whilst on the ball. Those are two things you highlighted in your video yet when I show you it's still there you ignore it and focus on something barely noticable.

Last edited:
The PES Brazil- Twitter wrote that the brazilian teams will get updated with the DP1. They are hoping all the players will be on board for that, seeing that they will have to negotiate with everyone separate and all that. Good news.

Loan players definitely do return to their clubs, If you have any players on loan it will say so in the my team section on negotiations. The problem is that some loanees are actually down as being on loan and some are with their teams permanently.

I'd need to look into it further but it looks like any players from the new transfer update are full transfers even if they're loans in real life. I started a master league with Roma for example and Smalling is a permanent Roma player rather than being on loan. There was a few other examples like this as well.

Back
Top Bottom