eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Hi Evoweb mates ,after two hours of hard work I've made a video showing what has messed after patch:

Everything it's related to offline experience. The major part of the points showed there, are AI behaviours, so maybe online players haven't noticed it at all.

Enjoy if you can, or at least share it whatever you want to make all this stuff bringed back.

Lets go Pes elitists!! Go to fight for our rights!!

And thanks :TU:

Why I never installed the option file today and reverted back to version 1.0..On Xbox and PS4..

You’ve just demonstrated exactly what’s changed..

The good new is that gameplay remains intact in version 1.O...

The demo was near perfect..I said that a number of times..

The post patch version plays well..But the line between the developers vision and what the community wanted becomes blurred somewhat between version 1 and post patch.

I’m mega chuffed though l,offline only and pre patch I get that gameplay..

A bumper year and the first top tier footie game we have had in a long time..

Last edited:
Why I never installed the option file today and reverted back to version 1.0..On Xbox and PS4..

The post patch version plays well..But the line between the developers vision and what the community wanted becomes blurred somewhat between version 1 and post patch.

Do you think Konami will recognise these changes for the worse and patch it in time?

Let's sahe it everywhere. We have to win this battle.

I made the video about Dribbling mechanics bzc it's easy to show in images, and it's the first you notice when you play the 1.2. But i know there's a lot more stuff messed, like ball freedom or pass assistance.

Do you think Konami will recognise these changes for the worse and patch it in time?

No..I think the developers went gold at version 1.O because that was there vision..

Any additional patches now will only regress or further muddy the waters..

The best version of the game is out in hard copy already imo..

Your still going to have many that prefer the changes..or are expecting further changes through patches.I guarantee the game will get faster and simpler as the year progresses.

How do I revert back to 1.0? This video sums up exactly how I feel.

Do loaned out players return in ML? Like Odegaard and Ceballos for Real Madrid? I can't see this inside ML menu. Thanks!

How do I revert back to 1.0? This video sums up exactly how I feel.

You can only revert back if you have the disk version..Just delete and re-install..

Go offline when you playing pes by turning the tab off in network settings for both consoles..Also turn automatic updates off..

I don’t want to start a revolution so play what you prefer..

Hi bros,

I know tha Evoweb its the best PES Community of the whole plantet :BOUNCE:
but, you know more PES communities to share the feedback video there?

I would help to make a lot more noise.:RANT:

Hi Evoweb mates ,after two hours of hard work I've made a video showing what has messed after patch:

Everything it's related to offline experience. The major part of the points showed there, are AI behaviours, so maybe online players haven't noticed it at all.

Enjoy if you can, or at least share it whatever you want to make all this stuff bringed back.

Wow this is fantastic & everything I miss. Someone needs to send this to konami.

You can't pull a lot of this stuff off now because the defensive CPU do not act in a human way anymore & are positionally almost perfect, either that or they just barge you off the ball.
The dribbling isn't a free also which makes nimble footwork clunky unlike previous builds.

Why do they not allow us to just pick which patched (or non patched) version we prefer? It seems ridiculous even from their end to expect to please everyone with all of the changes! I don’t see the logic in enforcing we all need to play with the same patched version. Obviously I’m talking about offline.

I want to be able to use stadium cam but I’m terrible on that view. My crossing is abysmal and I just can’t judge it.

Finding professional too easy and top player very tough in terms of scoring goals.

Do loaned out players return in ML? Like Odegaard and Ceballos for Real Madrid? I can't see this inside ML menu. Thanks!
Try to start a ML with Sociedad,and you'll see how long he's loaned out.
I started a ML a few days ago and Sanabria in my Genoa returned to his parent club

I set my color space (expert settings on a Samsung 55ks9090 in game mode) from auto to native. That took a bit yellow out and added some green. HDR is off (at least the demo showed a washed out hdr pic). Gotta try hdr for full release.
I have my TV on Games setting,HDR on though.
Might try without out it
Thanks PRO

Might try without out it
Thanks PRO
Yeah. Do that.
With the above settings the menus look over-saturated though.
I’ll restart with hdr now.

Edit: sorry. Washed out it was when captured on PS4!

I’ll stick with hdr and auto color space for now.

Edit2: gotta turn off hdr. The positive difference in color is there but videos look really bad when posting online.
So I’ll sacrifice some color for the community. ;)

Wish the ingame rgb sliders had a return.

Last edited:

Hey,

see this the first time, missed it yesterday.

Really nice video. Can't say if it's different now with patch, because I didn't played the demo that much...worked in our house that time.
To give it more conviction you had to do a comparing video between vanilla and post patch. I will try the game without patch and make my own opinion for sure. But do that comparison and share it with all that someone of Konami get it.

Honestly I appreciate you guys being so passionate about the dribbling but everything you have shown there is in the game post patch. Here is just me taking two seconds playing around with Alex iwobi on superstar.

The annoying thing is in this match I did this continually with iwobi but I was too involved in the match and forgot to record but like these 2 videos I was going past 2/3 players with ease constantly. The only difference is that the ai is simply stupid in the demo not necessarily human. If I play someone online who is bad. I'll dribble through them easily, if I play against someone who is good they will read my turns and stope from dribbling as well. On higher difficulties I expect the ai to read me better. Yet I can still turn them inside out if I'm on my game.

Also just had this amazing situation against the ai. What a ridiculous clearance. I've never seen anything like that.

Last edited:
Honestly I appreciate you guys being so passionate about the dribbling but everything you have shown there is in the game post patch. Here is just me taking two seconds playing around with Alex iwobi on superstar.

The annoying thing is in this match I did this continually with iwobi but I was too involved in the match and forgot to record but like these 2 videos I was going past 2/3 players with ease constantly.

Also just had this amazing situation against the ai. What a ridiculous clearance. I've never seen anything like that.

It's not about if you're able or not.
Look at your second video in slowmo:
The defender reaction it's just late and weird. He notice your stepover lately, like if CPU decided to trigger an animation bad timed.

The way how defend CPU feels a lot less human.

It's not about if you're able or not.
Look at your second video in slowmo:
The defender reaction it's just late and weird. He notice your stepover lately, like if CPU decided to trigger an animation bad timed.

The way how defend CPU feels a lot less human.

The defenders reaction is late because he is completely done by the skill and speed boost. I'm gone past him before he can think and he has to turn and run back. I don't see how that is weird at all or not human. It's literally the same as the example above of the defenders getting wrong footed. What is not human about that scenario?

Also what about my other examples in the first video. That's all the stuff you were showing in your vid and I wasn't even trying to show anything just playing the game.

Nice video but ive seen stuff like that in the updated PES gameplay.

I think people are overthinking things some times.

Each to their own

I set my color space (expert settings on a Samsung 55ks9090 in game mode) from auto to native. That took a bit yellow out and added some green. HDR is off (at least the demo showed a washed out hdr pic). Gotta try hdr for full release.

Might try without out it
Thanks PRO
How do you guys see that? Is this during the day or night? Cloudy or not? One looks good with HDR.

The defenders reaction is late because he is completely done by the skill and speed boost. I'm gone past him before he can think and he has to turn and run back. I don't see how that is weird at all or not human. It's literally the same as the example above of the defenders getting wrong footed. What is not human about that scenario?

Also what about my other examples in the first video. That's all the stuff you were showing in your vid and I wasn't even trying to show anything just playing the game.

100% mate. Fair play to the lad taking time to point out stuff but its pre meditated gameplay to back up his points. Yours are organic gameplay and prove PES is as good as if not better than the demo version.

The defenders should move reacting to your stepover, not when you make the burst.

It's basic football dribbling rules.

1 Do the feint
2 Look to defender reaction.
3 Defender falls on the trap.
4 You go to the free space.

In the clip you start the 4 step and then is when defender goes to the direction you've made the feint. You have chosed where you go before knowing if the defender it's fooled or not. This breaks the mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom