eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This whole dribbling thing for me comes down to the ai simply being smarter and more aggressive which for me is a big improvement from the demo. In the demo you barely had to do anything to get the better of The ai.

In the demo all it took was a little movement to the left 10 metres away for them to be completely frown off and they would barely challenge you once you had gone by them. Now there is an aggression they actually want the ball but they don't always run in they hold off alot so then it becomes about you drawing them in and maybe shifting left then right and then noticing there slight unbalanced position and taking advantage of that.

The PES Brazil- Twitter wrote that the brazilian teams will get updated with the DP1. They are hoping all the players will be on board for that, seeing that they will have to negotiate with everyone separate and all that. Good news.

But nobody knows if this will be in one month.. two months.. three months?

Have you guys had the time to try out ML yet? If so, what settings do you use for transfer frequency and negotiation difficulty? I'm unsure what to pick and I don't want to start over in january after the first transfer window just because transfers are all messed up.

Have you guys had the time to try out ML yet? If so, what settings do you use for transfer frequency and negotiation difficulty? I'm unsure what to pick and I don't want to start over in january after the first transfer window just because transfers are all messed up.
I leave everything on normal.

Anyone else starting their Master League with a Spanish Second Division team? Has anyone managed to update these kits etc. Hoping to start one with Santander.

Its weird you didnt comment on my first video which showcased me wrong footing a defender who goes the wrong way and me physically pushing the defender whilst on the ball. Those are two things you highlighted in your video yet when I show you it's still there you ignore it and focus on something barely noticable.

1 You do the touch half a meter far from the defender. (if you enter in his tackle safety zone pretty sure he ges the ball)
2 Just when you make the touch, the tackle animation hasn't started.
3 Defender tries to tackle with the wrong foot.
4 Compare this 3 points with my tackle example.

It's not about if there's this stuff or not.
It how its crafted. Defenders and attackers animations are perfectly synchronized. And the space you need to trigger its accurate. It makes everything feel more natural and rewarding.

This whole dribbling thing for me comes down to the ai simply being smarter and more aggressive which for me is a big improvement from the demo. In the demo you barely had to do anything to get the better of The ai.

In the demo all it took was a little movement to the left 10 metres away for them to be completely frown off and they would barely challenge you once you had gone by them. Now there is an aggression they actually want the ball but they don't always run in they hold off alot so then it becomes about you drawing them in and maybe shifting left then right and then noticing there slight unbalanced position and taking advantage of that.

This is what i'm most worried about losing when we keep asking for the demo back. I hated it at first but the more I play it, the more I realise that it's for the better and makes playing much less about going through the motions and more about thinking.

The main thing we need from the demo really are those fouls I think.

Guys have asked this bfr but no reply... Any idea why we can't select the match ball for certain games? I'm playing a friend with LA Liga teams and can't select the ball type

The defenders should move reacting to your stepover, not when you make the burst.

It's basic football dribbling rules.

1 Do the feint
2 Look to defender reaction.
3 Defender falls on the trap.
4 You go to the free space.

In the clip you start the 4 step and then is when defender goes to the direction you've made the feint. You have chosed where you go before knowing if the defender it's fooled or not. This breaks the mechanic.

Dribbling rules.. never heard of them when completing my FA Coaching courses. I think you are going way over the top with that analysis. Dribbling is an expression and reactions are on par for a computer game.

Loan players definitely do return to their clubs, If you have any players on loan it will say so in the my team section on negotiations. The problem is that some loanees are actually down as being on loan and some are with their teams permanently.

I'd need to look into it further but it looks like any players from the new transfer update are full transfers even if they're loans in real life. I started a master league with Roma for example and Smalling is a permanent Roma player rather than being on loan. There was a few other examples like this as well.

Bloody hell, why have they done that :/

No matter if pre or post patch, the game is really demanding for legendary level to sort gaps and missing aggression issues. On superstar, it is possible to take a defender and march through the midfield too often. How some people can wish for the sleepy easy gameplay of v 1.0 is quite beyond me.

Beside this, the game in general is really a blast with some nice additions and enhancements to PES2019 (which i really liked as well).

Last edited:

I will test it out tonight with every setting and see the difference.

How are you finding it mate?

Only tried three games yesterday. Will try later and give you an update mate ;-)

Dribbling rules.. never heard of them when completing my FA Coaching courses. I think you are going way over the top with that analysis. Dribbling is an expression and reactions are on par for a computer game.

I learn it playing on the pitch. No way to have more succes dribbling if you're able to look to defenders foots instead of yours.

1 You do the touch half a meter far from the defender. (if you enter in his tackle safety zone pretty sure he ges the ball)
2 Just when you make the touch, the tackle animation hasn't started.
3 Defender tries to tackle with the wrong foot.
4 Compare this 3 points with my tackle example.

It's not about if there's this stuff or not.
It how its crafted. Defenders and attackers animations are perfectly synchronized. And the space you need to trigger its accurate. It makes everything feel more natural and rewarding.

See mate this seems completely disingenuous. The examples i showed are me just deciding to randomly record when I was playing not creating any ideal situations or me spending the whole time dribbling to make the point. The reason I did the double tap a bit further away was nothing to do with safety zones it was because there was space behind him and I knew iwobi was faster than the defender and would make it to the ball before him. If there was no space behind him I would have had to get closer to him but it's organic. He goes with the wrong foot because he expected me to go the other way. Yes anticipation is part of football and you would expect any professional defender footballer to have an aspect of anticipation about their play. Which is why you see good dribblers able to put defenders on the floor because they anticipated wrong completely and try to move the other way too quickly.

I see you also ignored my physical battle with the defender where I beat him easily in the battle.

Last edited:
Why do they not allow us to just pick which patched (or non patched) version we prefer? It seems ridiculous even from their end to expect to please everyone with all of the changes! I don’t see the logic in enforcing we all need to play with the same patched version. Obviously I’m talking about offline.
This isn’t a Konami issue. Consoles don’t work like that I’m afraid.

On Steam the developer can pretty much do what they want, on consoles though the update goes through a cert / quality check process via Sony/Microsoft before it is launched (quality check in the sense that it won’t break your PS4/Xbox). Then, from what I’ve been told, this new version replaces the old one, so you can’t revert back to a previous version. PC is different cos Valve quite frankly don’t give a shit; if a game breaks your machine it’s not their issue. Hence why most games update on PC first, cos Valve do no checks themselves.

No not at all I fool the defender and then I know he is fooled which is why I use the boost to make sure of the space I have made for myself. That's what I did specifically that was my thoughts in that situation. I did a skill move and they obviously have to be premeditated that's how skills work. But once you see it has worked then you take advantage of it.

Its weird you didnt comment on my first video which showcased me wrong footing a defender who goes the wrong way and me physically pushing the defender whilst on the ball. Those are two things you highlighted in your video yet when I show you it's still there you ignore it and focus on something barely noticable.

Your arguement are perfect. but I don't see it as natural as you describe in your videos. (Could be the quality)
I respect your opinion but I don't agree.

And the shielding it's Ok.

I'm playing unpatched as you guys scared me with patched comments, I'll compare patched later.

Gotta say this plays a lovely game of football, I'd say better than the demo. As headers work better in attack and defence for one and generally when I'm playing I think I'm expecting this to happen in this situation and it does, more so than any other PES before it! Basically the ball, AI and inputs do things realistically, human like, biggest compliment I can give really.

Your arguement are perfect. but I don't see it as natural as you describe in your videos. (Could be the quality)
I respect your opinion but I don't agree.

And the shielding it's Ok.

Fair enough mate. Again as I said this was just me playing not actually trying to experiment with dribbling so obviously everything isn't going to look perfect and take into account its all organic. If I find the time again and don't forget I'll show more dribbling situations to compare to what you think you can find in the demo. It'll have to be on the weekend though as today is a busy day.

In terms of the shielding are you willing to concede they aren't different than the demo due to my example?

This isn’t a Konami issue. Consoles don’t work like that I’m afraid.
What are you talking about? They could keep the gameplay tweaks with each version as a selectable ruleset in each subsequent EXE, nothing to do with PC v consoles. It's only a set of internal variables they're changing, which they could save and allow you to choose from. The NHL games have had a gameplay selector for years where you can select which EXE's gameplay you want, offline.

Of course, you couldn't do it online, you'd need to be playing the same game as everybody else (i.e. the latest version) - but you can't do that on PC either.

Every sports game should have this and it infuriates me that they don't. Imagine that the next patch destroyed the gameplay we're enjoying at the minute. Without a PC, we'd be completely screwed. The only choice would be 1.0 with no option files or the latest version.

yes the moment i installed a new OF so now i have updated squads until its back up :BOP:

Typical, booked today off work. Get up to play myclub and it's down!!!

Anyway guys I've been away from Pes a long time. Like 8 years ..

I have started a myclub on ps4. If I fst an option file will it make any difference to team names, player names or anything useful in myclub mode?

Typical, booked today off work. Get up to play myclub and it's down!!!

Anyway guys I've been away from Pes a long time. Like 8 years ..

I have started a myclub on ps4. If I fst an option file will it make any difference to team names, player names or anything useful in myclub mode?
Yes, you'll see the real club/player/manager names (and kits) in myClub if you fix them with an option file.

Yes, you'll see the real club/player/manager names (and kits) in myClub if you fix them with an option file.

Okay and if I get a scout for randomly named team 1 will the scout actually tell me the clubs renamed name?

Also do these files assist with kits etc and lastly is there a recommended option file for the latest data pack? I'm ps4 player.

I'm playing unpatched as you guys scared me with patched comments, I'll compare patched later.

Gotta say this plays a lovely game of football, I'd say better than the demo. As headers work better in attack and defence for one and generally when I'm playing I think I'm expecting this to happen in this situation and it does, more so than any other PES before it! Basically the ball, AI and inputs do things realistically, human like, biggest compliment I can give really.

Oh and there's huge variety in the goals being scored, this is a huge positive, as it completely takes any realism out the game when you're seeing the same goals every match. Just scored a deflected goal, don't remember ever scoring like it, but looked so realistic.

Back
Top Bottom