eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

"Scored" this one last night. I love the animations and the ball physics. Love this game (so far). Fun is back.

ezgif-4-7d35e2e8e936.gif

Haha, geiles Ding! :D

"But they're just a small team!" is what I keep reading.

Konami, if you're a small team working on PES and admit that the game needs to be in better shape when shipping it, don't charge full price for a semi-finished product!

Yes, always the same answer, I know and I cannot hear it anymore. Then take your time, finish the product, give it the final touch it needs (or the devs need), even taking one year off and coming back with something special. Or release it at a later date! I know that this is a problem regarding the competition with EA but honestly, most of the people will play PES or FIFA anyway, no matter the release date and the reveal of the FIFA demo showed that a lot of the momentum is already lost when EA counters Konami's aggressive marketing and release policy. But this is a complete different story. Sorry for being off topic.

I've played around 30 matches now and I love the game (playing at Top Player atm), it's much better than last year's game, even though it still has some irritating faults. The major problems I think are:

1. The goalkeeper still never comes out of the goal. How hard is this really to fix, Konami? Almost every REAL football match has one moment where the goalie runs out to block a free forward.
2. Headers are weak, the AI never heads the ball and corners are worthless. I've yet to see a corner result in a header goal (which in real football happens nearly every match).
3. The referee gives very doubtful fouls to the AI every match, but never to you. Ridiculous penalties etc.
4. It would be cool to see more exceptional goals. This is a video game and the ratio of extreme goals should be higher than in real football games, but it's lower.
5. Every time the goalie (or someone else) kicks the ball high, the heading duels look the same. There's no movement, just static duels every single time. Similar to how the corners have little movement and there's no real power in the duels.

Other than those factors, I really love this game. T

the Brazilian league is a special case, I think they have to agree license per club, maybe even per player, that's why some of the teams had fake players in them last year, there is probably some bullshit rules about transfers, I think they will do them eventually.

Argentinian league transfers have been done though which is good :)

It is - but, slightly concerning to read stuff like this:

To be fair (if it fair at all) Pulisic is a player added by live update.
https://www.pesmaster.com/c-pulisic/pes-2020/player/112104/

He is like ashley cole and obi mikel were last year, no game plan and no face although both existed in pes database since pes2016/2017. Since he stays to Chelsea until next datapack , i assume that he will added normally with his 2018 iteration-scan.
It is just the awkward way the official database works with DPs and live updates etc. It is every year pretty much like the game, one step forward, one step behind.

For the Brasileirao clubs i am still curious how it will work, since they promised 95% likeness in such a problematic league.

"Scored" this one last night. I love the animations and the ball physics. Love this game (so far). Fun is back.

ezgif-4-7d35e2e8e936.gif

Had a moment like that last night. Shot from the edge of the box aimed low to the keeper's left, deflects off the defender's desperate lunge, loops up towards the opposite side of the goal, everyone - including myself - watches it shave the post and out for a corner. One of those moments of beautiful, random chaos that I've rarely seen since FIFA pre-Frostbite.

Looking forward to getting home and applying the update. It was a real bugbear last season, just how long it took to update squads. A 'small team' doesn't cut it. I don't think that accurate weekly updates is too much to ask even if the team is a single bloke with one arm.

It is - but, slightly concerning to read stuff like this:

It's typical Konami and what we expect from them these days unfortunately.

EDIT: He's showing at Man Utd for me.

Guys, you have to apply this update in SETTINGS - APPLY LIVE UPDATE

Ah never mind, I was just going from what one of the above tweets said. Glad they are not completely useless!

I think we do jump wildly down their throats sometimes (me included).

The Pulisic thing could well be due to licences as they 3D scanned him but Dortmind pulled their deal for 2019 onwards.

Filipe Luis and Dani Alves can probably be explained by the fact they have to licence individual players for the Brazilian league and may not have done so with them, however they'd still in game due to older squads. They probably can't add them to the squads for that reason. We understand why players who are in PES but not in their international teams due to licensing; this is almost certainly the same thing.

The Daniel James thing also being people not actually updating properly.

I'm more than happy to criticise Konami where it is due but at times things are beyond their control.

Again, I could swear that I read it on their Website after the announcement was made. But yes, you were Right regarding this anouncment: PESAsia has released that and not the official Twitter account. But I clicked on the link and you were redirected to the official Konami page, where Brutie (Brescia) and the Teams of the Serie B had more asterisks instead of only one and the description said that These licenses will be included in later datapacks. Even the Gazetta dello Sport talked About it and referred to their Website (not PESAsia, but the official Konami/PES Website).

I get all that but there's very little available to confirm this is definitely coming. It probably is but they never said it was coming in this Live Update. Kits, badges etc never come in Live Updates anyway, they come in Data Packs.

As stated Before, the Brazilian League is tricky but they have known about Dani Alves/F Luis for quite some time though. PES is huge in Brazil so this should be as important as Icardis tattoos for them imo.

Am I the only person who really feels like they never have control over the ball? Seem to just get run over by the opposition whenever I try and turn in tight spaces.

The Pulisic thing could well be due to licences as they 3D scanned him but Dortmind pulled their deal for 2019 onwards.
I think this one is similar to when Keita joined Liverpool from RB Leipzig - he had a proper face in the previous game (much like Pulisic). As he was added from a now unlicensed Leipzig team he ended up with a default face until DP1 when his accurate one from PES 2018 was used.

I reckon we'll see Pulisic updated in DP1 with an accurate face, a shame they couldn't have this one ready but perhaps it was all of the face requests from @Mikhail that's been slowing them down.

Yeah the AI actually attacking me 80% of the time as they should since i'm using a weaker team. The AI constantly on second highest tempo (the bar beside the player name plate). But it could be even better if depending on the situation the AI went all-out attack or all out defense. I don't know why they never tweak the AI in this regard.

Also, small complaint. They should consider adding separate sliders for player inside the box during set-pieces like in FIFA. Just because i like playing in high tempo, doesn't mean i want to leave my defense exposed in corner kick.

I think this one is similar to when Keita joined Liverpool from RB Leipzig - he had a proper face in the previous game (much like Pulisic). As he was added from a now unlicensed Leipzig team he ended up with a default face until DP1 when his accurate one from PES 2018 was used.

I reckon we'll see Pulisic updated in DP1 with an accurate face, a shame they couldn't have this one ready but perhaps it was all of the face requests from @Mikhail that's been slowing them down.
:LOL:

Yes, always the same answer, I know and I cannot hear it anymore. Then take your time, finish the product, give it the final touch it needs (or the devs need), even taking one year off and coming back with something special. Or release it at a later date! I know that this is a problem regarding the competition with EA but honestly, most of the people will play PES or FIFA anyway, no matter the release date and the reveal of the FIFA demo showed that a lot of the momentum is already lost when EA counters Konami's aggressive marketing and release policy. But this is a complete different story. Sorry for being off topic.
Agree mate.

I keep saying this but: Release it FINISHED in late October like they used to with PES 4, PES 5 etc.

They rush it out to beat FIFA, it's always got loads of stuff missing and they look like amateurs in the process.

Yeah it is

But you have to register and choose a membership. So?
https://www.pesuniverse.com/pes-2020-option-file-membership/

Well usually we get the default game submitted around June to the digital stores and dispatched later to retailers. Then the live update will give you the players and DLCs the faces, kits etc. As far as i know only a few faces we got already for the premium partners. Probably more players will get faces later.

I think we do jump wildly down their throats sometimes (me included).

Filipe Luis and Dani Alves can probably be explained by the fact they have to licence individual players for the Brazilian league and may not have done so with them, however they'd still in game due to older squads. They probably can't add them to the squads for that reason. We understand why players who are in PES but not in their international teams due to licensing; this is almost certainly the same thing.

The Daniel James thing also being people not actually updating properly.

I'm more than happy to criticise Konami where it is due but at times things are beyond their control.

I get all that but there's very little available to confirm this is definitely coming. It probably is but they never said it was coming in this Live Update. Kits, badges etc never come in Live Updates anyway, they come in Data Packs.
Yeah I completely agree! I always talked about the data pack! It was never said that it will be part of the live update as some people mentioned!
Nevertheless I am more than eager to finally ne at home to play some games with my mate on full manual!

You're trying to tell me that 15 years ago your internet speed was 256mb per sec?
Absolute BS, sorry dude, thats rubbish.

Half the planet doesnt even have 100mb per sec in this day and age.

This is the Avg US Internet speeds from 2007 to 2017:

RfDEMz1.png

No way on this earth was you getting 256mb p/s 15 years ago.

It was my fault. It was 256 kb/s upload in 2006 not mb/s.

Hey fam
I don't know if this is the same for you. But, is it crazy that the least enjoyable games I've had so far are precisely between the top EPL or LaLiga teams?. This is in Exhibition Mode.

For example, I tried playing as and against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, etc. All those games were dull.

But then I played France vs Brazil or England vs Argentina and the games were amazing.
Also played Inter vs Roma, great game.

Have you had any great matches with the best teams in Europe?.

Back
Top Bottom