eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This is where the the reduced physicality proves to be the wrong choice from Konami. In the demo you could jostle & fight for the ball in tight spaces & the dribbling & player agility was much better. Often you squeeze out of a tight spot either by sheer force & physicality , nimble footwork or both.

That's all gone now in favour of the CPU mindlessly barging you of the ball & nearly always picking up the loose ball whilst your player stumbles around like an *****. Demo was far more random unpredictable & fair.
Collisions & player weight were so much more dynamic, it's completely on rails now & not in your favour.

THIS THIS THIS ^^

And it happens in all modes, not just offline.

Didn't play anything at all yesterday.
Despite the toning down of fouls (fix it FFS) I still enjoy this game a lot.
Going through the January window,and "hard coded" loans are returning etc, which I haven't seen before.
For me this is good enough to keep me playing it for a long time.
In 15th place with Genoa and struggling.
Starting off with a TS at 65 is rough ,Its up to 60-70 now,don't think I've seen TS rise this slowmy before?

Also, I still feel kinda helpless in tight spaces up against 2 defenders. Even if I'm on the ball with, say, Hazard I still don't have a quick gate-away combination. The new finesse dribbling clouds my mind when I need to resolve things quickly.

There's soo many dribbling tools in your arsenal that I find getting through those situations very easy. Try using some of the skills like double touch and a combination of body feints and don't be scared of body contact you'll be surprised the links of even will Hughes can even push off a defender just taking him on.

THIS THIS THIS ^^

And it happens in all modes, not just offline.

These are the kind of quotes that make me not buy the game. I really want to avoid spending money for a game that in the end will frustrate me more because of its linearity than it gives me joy.

Regarding the live update:

Players like Pulisic can only get their face via data packs. I'm expecting a data pack within a month to fix issue like these alongside minor bugs and glitches people find playing the game, as well as some new and fixed kits and hopefully Brescia and Serie B licensed. Last year it was the same thing for someone like Kevin Prince Boateng for example. In essence the data pack purely updates the team squads and nothing else.

I'm not able to check, but can anyone confirm players who have moved from partner clubs to non-partner clubs lose their scanned tattoos? I know it's a minor detail but I took the effort to base copy these players to see if this would mean keeping them in game.

tldr: Can anyone check if players like Icardi and Joao Cancelo have their tattoos still?

Ive not touched Master League yet but i really dont get the gripes with the game.

Each to their own but im loving it and can honestly say that this game is a gem.

I know it happens but how the hell are people getting through gams without a foul? Im being butchered :R1

These are the kind of quotes that make me not buy the game. I really want to avoid spending money for a game that in the end will frustrate me more because of its linearity than it gives me joy.

The game is full of physicality, i dont know what some people expect. Dont waste money if you canf afford it, but if you can then you will miss out by avoiding it tbh

It's always the same: 99 out of 100 people can say a game is great, but the 1 person saying it's shit will make you think whether you'll regret the purchase.
I never said the game was shit but it's common knowledge the physicality has been toned down considerably from the demo.

There's soo many dribbling tools in your arsenal that I find getting through those situations very easy. Try using some of the skills like double touch and a combination of body feints and don't be scared of body contact you'll be surprised the links of even will Hughes can even push off a defender just taking him on.
Yeah but that's the very thing I'm struggling with. Finding one or two set of moves that might work rather easy and quick.

Totally agree. I posted yesterday about this. Experiment with the right stick also - allows you to do some lovely subtle touches that get you out of tight spots. Also the pressing of R3 to protect the ball can be useful. My son used it against me to waste time by the corner flag when he was leading 1-0 and down to 10 men with a couple of minutes to go. It was so realistic as I tried to get the ball back to launch an attack but instead conceded a corner. He was loving it the little sod lol

Konami knows that their Live Update won't update faces. They should have had a Data Pack prepared for next week that would add all the faces to the big players that weren't in the game before (Pulisic, Jovic, etc).

You can easily blame them for not thinking this shit through. We probably won't see those faces updated until late October now.

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but... I had to up the speed to +1 and liked it better.
Playing with Stadium Camera Zoom: 1, Height: 2, Angle: 10.

Edit: ah, f it. I’m going all in 1.02. Better not get that version-talk let me go crazy! ;)

I had recommended you to do so.
Try it and if you like it this way, just don´t get back to 1.0.
You´ll make yourself crazy^^.

But there's no randomness in the full version.....

Respectfully disagree.
There´s this anything-can-happen feeling going on on the pitch, at least in my point of view.

If it wasn´t like that, I would have stopped playing, cause randomness is very important to me.

I had recommended you to do so.
Try it and if you like it this way, just don´t get back to 1.0.
You´ll make yourself crazy^^.

Respectfully disagree.
There´s this anything-can-happen feeling going on on the pitch, at least in my point of view.

If it wasn´t like that, I would have stopped playing, cause randomness is very important to me.
Think Digimon was sarcastic,meaning there is a lot of randomness.
Game needs to fix a couple of things, but comparing this to Pes 18-19 (even 17) and versions of the other games Vs this,it's a winner for me!

Ok,quick question!
Will Brescia be fully licenced?
I mean they have a full Serie A licence,but still Brutie in the game?
I've tried to ask konami/Bhatti,but you know how that goes...

Back
Top Bottom