eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

That's not the same as it being free. It was on this forum as well, but removed, due to logical reasons.
Like every year, the file is also free, but you have to wait some more days for it to be available.

Yeah it is

Is that free if you have one of their memberships? So I can't just go to their website and download it, I would have to pay something to do so?

I only really want it for the Bundesliga as I have the rest done already, Bundesliga is the hardest to do manually as you have to create the clubs and transfer any existing players into them. Not sure I want to create players manually so I hoep there's enough internationals in there to make at least bare bones squads.

Is that free if you have one of their memberships? So I can't just go to their website and download it, I would have to pay something to do so?

I only really want it for the Bundesliga as I have the rest done already, Bundesliga is the hardest to do manually as you have to create the clubs and transfer any existing players into them. Not sure I want to create players manually so I hoep there's enough internationals in there to make at least bare bones squads.
i found it here, from what they said its free for everyone after a while, the ones that pay get it first.
https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2019/09/efootball-pes-2020-ps4-pesuniverse-option-file-2020.html

Yeah I've not really done a lot of actual playing yet lol, just the odd friendly.
I was waiting until today's transfer updates before starting my ML.
I will try and create some kind of Bundesliga tonight before starting I think.

Ready to start my Brescia ML though

Hey fam
I don't know if this is the same for you. But, is it crazy that the least enjoyable games I've had so far are precisely between the top EPL or LaLiga teams?. This is in Exhibition Mode.

For example, I tried playing as and against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, etc. All those games were dull.

But then I played France vs Brazil or England vs Argentina and the games were amazing.
Also played Inter vs Roma, great game.

Have you had any great matches with the best teams in Europe?.

I can´t really remember a great match with a big team.

But I had tons of good ones with Palmeiras.

I've played around 30 matches now and I love the game (playing at Top Player atm), it's much better than last year's game, even though it still has some irritating faults. The major problems I think are:

1. The goalkeeper still never comes out of the goal. How hard is this really to fix, Konami? Almost every REAL football match has one moment where the goalie runs out to block a free forward.
2. Headers are weak, the AI never heads the ball and corners are worthless. I've yet to see a corner result in a header goal (which in real football happens nearly every match).
3. The referee gives very doubtful fouls to the AI every match, but never to you. Ridiculous penalties etc.
4. It would be cool to see more exceptional goals. This is a video game and the ratio of extreme goals should be higher than in real football games, but it's lower.
5. Every time the goalie (or someone else) kicks the ball high, the heading duels look the same. There's no movement, just static duels every single time. Similar to how the corners have little movement and there's no real power in the duels.

Other than those factors, I really love this game. The games are unpredictable, passing, shooting, tactics etc are great. I will ditch FIFA this year, for sure. And I've never done that before.

I had a keeper come out and clatter me after I played a ball over the top the other day.

Hey fam
I don't know if this is the same for you. But, is it crazy that the least enjoyable games I've had so far are precisely between the top EPL or LaLiga teams?. This is in Exhibition Mode.

For example, I tried playing as and against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, etc. All those games were dull.

But then I played France vs Brazil or England vs Argentina and the games were amazing.
Also played Inter vs Roma, great game.

Have you had any great matches with the best teams in Europe?.

I played England v Kosovo last night on Top Player. Won 2-1 ( Kane who else ) but Kosovo had a right go at me,last 15 minutes they were kicking the hell out of My players.I was hanging on for dear life,and You could see the frustration increasing.Came out of it with a really good feeling for the challenge mounted by AI, without any obvious blatant scripting.Should have saved the match stats really,very satisfying.

AI defender completely glitched through the ball and took out Neymar.
Free kick was given.

Clipping is still very much a thing.

ezgif-3-1c3444ae6b80.gif

I can´t really remember a great match with a big team.

But I had tons of good ones with Palmeiras.

I played England v Kosovo last night on Top Player. Won 2-1 ( Kane who else ) but Kosovo had a right go at me,last 15 minutes they were kicking the hell out of My players.I was hanging on for dear life,and You could see the frustration increasing.Came out of it with a really good feeling for the challenge mounted by AI, without any obvious blatant scripting.Should have saved the match stats really,very satisfying.

Yeah :)) see what I mean?
I can't really put my finger as to why this happens. But somehow the best teams (specially EPL ones) paired against each other produce unexciting games for me.

Am I the only person who really feels like they never have control over the ball? Seem to just get run over by the opposition whenever I try and turn in tight spaces.

I’ve just requested a refund. This is a disgrace compared to the demo.

Coming fresh out of the demo i would suggest putting the difficulty way down, professional or regular even. Maybe try first with gamespeed -1 (makes passing very simular to the demo). Also, when shielding, throw L1 and/or RS in the mix because the AI is more effective from behind now. Give your brain some time to adjust.

Also, I still feel kinda helpless in tight spaces up against 2 defenders. Even if I'm on the ball with, say, Hazard I still don't have a quick gate-away combination. The new finesse dribbling clouds my mind when I need to resolve things quickly.

@PESV this was no my problem mate since i don’t play offline. Online it’s unplayable for me with the recent changes. It’s nothing like the demo because they somehow managed to break the game.

Also, I still feel kinda helpless in tight spaces up against 2 defenders. Even if I'm on the ball with, say, Hazard I still don't have a quick gate-away combination. The new finesse dribbling clouds my mind when I need to resolve things quickly.
Same. Just get barged off the ball and then my players is totally unresponsive for about 3 seconds. Absolutely fine dribbling at speed. Just feels really clunky in tight spaces. Was one of the things I found much easier on previous versions.

@Chris Davies Done the Tranmere Kits for you mate, 19/20 Home // Away // GK and Classic 99/00 GK // Home Kits
Haven't had time to do the Classic Away kit yet, i'll send that on soon.

Hope they're ok for you, will PM you the download links to the kit files.

bQzjb9v.png
Unbelievable. Absolutely incredible. I don't know how you do it.

Thank you so much, as soon as I kick off a new Master League with my 74-year-old dad I'll be sure to bore everyone with videos. :D Perhaps I should stream it - grumpy old git plays ML... with grumpy old git. :D

Unbelievable. Absolutely incredible. I don't know how you do it.

Thank you so much, as soon as I kick off a new Master League with my 74-year-old dad I'll be sure to bore everyone with videos. :D Perhaps I should stream it - grumpy old git plays ML... with grumpy old git. :D

Glad you like them mate. Will look forward to the ML videos and stories over in the ML thread.
Shall be starting mine tonight too.

This NEEDS to be sorted. This is the very definition of scripted/on rails gameplay.
Personally, I hate the word ‘scripting’, I always have. I think there’s a time and place for it, but it’s used in so many instances where it just doesn’t belong.

But without opening that can of worms, this kind of clipping is still annoying as hell. I understand that clipping will always be in the game in some form or another; there will always be instances where some kind of rare and unexpected moment has happened and the game simply has no animation for it, but this was just a basic tackle and nothing more. It’s disappointing to see this kind of thing is still about.

Helloooooooo...

I just touched down in FRA 2 hours ago. I’m home now. Vacation was awesome!! :APPLAUD:
On my way home I got my copy (on sale, 50 euro).
a339c665-fd63-4fb2-9ejka2.jpeg

It’s installing now. Stopped the 1.02 update for now.
Today and tomorrow will gimme time to sink in a little. On Saturday it’s work and regular life again... :BLEH:

Anyway, as happy and pumped I am about those awesome 2 weeks in USA, I am happy to be home! :D

Edit: ah, f it. I’m going all in 1.02. Better not get that version-talk let me go crazy! ;)

Last edited:
Same. Just get barged off the ball and then my players is totally unresponsive for about 3 seconds. Absolutely fine dribbling at speed. Just feels really clunky in tight spaces. Was one of the things I found much easier on previous versions.
This is where the the reduced physicality proves to be the wrong choice from Konami. In the demo you could jostle & fight for the ball in tight spaces & the dribbling & player agility was much better. Often you squeeze out of a tight spot either by sheer force & physicality , nimble footwork or both.

That's all gone now in favour of the CPU mindlessly barging you off the ball & nearly always picking up the loose ball whilst your player stumbles around like an idiot. Demo was far more random unpredictable & fair.
Collisions & player weight were so much more dynamic, it's completely on rails now & not in your favour.

Last edited:
Personally, I hate the word ‘scripting’, I always have. I think there’s a time and place for it, but it’s used in so many instances where it just doesn’t belong.

I get your point, but then again I have no explanation why - in a free flowing game - stuff like this happens, as you can clearly see the foot touching the ball first and it should fly away.

there will always be instances where some kind of rare and unexpected moment has happened and the game simply has no animation for it, but this was just a basic tackle and nothing more. It’s disappointing to see this kind of thing is still about.

That's the thing: Because it is a basic tackle, the game should be able to sort this out the correct way.

Back
Top Bottom