eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I picked this up last night after Chris Davies' comment about ML and signing anyone just to feel that incremental improvement. I wasn't a fan of the demo but I don't know how much of that was just me using a stupid tactical setup and blaming the game for it going wrong.

One thing I'll never understand is why I buy the game before I can find a good OF. I at least thought the squad's and transfers would be up to date though! Jesus. As it is I've just updated Man Utd's squad and edited Dan James to not have light brown hair.

I'm nowhere close to being as good at dribbling as I used to be. I keep expecting to drop a shoulder and just end up dribbling that way instead, or I try to use the right stick to take a double touch and just end up heading that way. I might need to watch some videos to see what the hell it is I should be doing.

Avoiding the Patch/Demo talk (anyone remember the Stutter-bug?), I have to say I am absolutely loving this game.

For me, it has an old-school PES 5/6 feel to it in so far as the more I play, the more I understand the mechanics.

I was already enjoying it before I managed to untrained my muscle memory from the usual 1-2, cross, goal style I had but now I have been liberated from old habits - wow!

I love the games when the CPU sets up very defensively and I have to try and find a way to pick out the right pass to create a chance. Goals have never felt so rewarding to me.

I actually played for a draw in a tough Champion's League away fixture the other day and it felt so rewarding to grind out the clean sheet.

The best way to describe my investment in the results of my team is that it feels comparable to a game of Football Manager.

Sure thing, no problem as long as they're intentionally free and not shared without permission.
Cheers Tom, good to know.

Guys, anyone found a Serie B Option File yet? I've got all club crests and team names (thanks to PES Universe), I just need kits.

Or is it definitely being licensed? I can't see to find any concrete news on this.

Good to see this is getting widespread praise now. It looks like it could be in the running for best ever.

Lets brush that little meltdown that myself and few others had on the weekend over it not being as good as the demo under the carpet...

They've never officially confirmed that it's in.
Again, I could swear that I read it on their Website after the announcement was made. But yes, you were Right regarding this anouncment: PESAsia has released that and not the official Twitter account. But I clicked on the link and you were redirected to the official Konami page, where Brutie (Brescia) and the Teams of the Serie B had more asterisks instead of only one and the description said that These licenses will be included in later datapacks. Even the Gazetta dello Sport talked About it and referred to their Website (not PESAsia, but the official Konami/PES Website).

Last edited:
How does the damn live update work, I pick an exhibition match with Liverpool and it updates fine but the changes are lost again when I start Master League?

Random question... anyone would know how to perform AC Milan's Piatek celebration? is it a hidden celebration because I can't seem to find it with the others.

Thanks.

Has anyone seen an explanation from Konami as to whats going on with some teams having a 3rd kit the same as the home kit? (Atalanta being one), have seen a few examples of this, bit odd!

Wasn't too arsed about the Live Update being wrong until I saw Daniel James still at Swansea. Such incompetence.
It's typical Konami and what we expect from them these days unfortunately.

EDIT: He's showing at Man Utd for me.

Guys, you have to apply this update in SETTINGS - APPLY LIVE UPDATE

"Scored" this one last night. I love the animations and the ball physics. Love this game (so far). Fun is back.

ezgif-4-7d35e2e8e936.gif

Looks like a few manual transfers will have to be done.
A few? Sorry to say this (and I am not really the guy that needs this), but as all of the Twitter users are reporting it right now, no changes were made to the Brazilian teams and I doubt that it will be different regarding the Asian or other South American teams. And therefore they needed to days more since "a lot of things were going down the last few days of the transfer window"? Sorry but for me this is simply lazy or not checking twice or not giving a …….!
I mean… even in here the people manage to make all transfers by themselves within weeks and Konami can't?! What a bad joke.
Of course this is nothing gamebreaking but for me it shows that the devs really Need to think About the way they work.

Oh and although I know that I come around as the annoying, pessimistic guy, I really like the game. Yes I think some Things were better in the demo but all in all I enjoy the game... Like nearly every year before… And I will buy it for PC as well when some decent patches arrive. But Konami is driving me insane with their attitude. Unfortunately there is no other comeptitor on the pitch for me.

A few? Sorry to say this (and I am not really the guy that needs this), but as all of the Twitter users are reporting it right now, no changes were made to the Brazilian teams and I doubt that it will be different regarding the Asian or other South American teams. And therefore they needed to days more since "a lot of things were going down the last few days of the transfer window"? Sorry but for me this is simply lazy or not checking twice or not giving a …….!
I mean… even in here the people manage to make all transfers by themselves within weeks and Konami can't?! What a bad joke.
Of course this is nothing gamebreaking but for me it shows that the devs really Need to think About the way they work.
"But they're just a small team!" is what I keep reading.

Konami, if you're a small team working on PES and admit that the game needs to be in better shape when shipping it, don't charge full price for a semi-finished product!

Back
Top Bottom