eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

After extensive playing the game I like it! Not everything is perfect but there are much more things that shine which is opposite from past years. I like the phisycality in the game, strong players use their strenght against other, for ex. I played Lazio vs Roma, El Sharavy was skilled player but he is not that strong, my CB`s easily dispossed him in duels but when he is on run I can`t follow him which is good and realistic. I don`t played the demo that much but midfielders and strong attackers can open space when they cover the ball and that works good!
One thing I like very much is shooting and variety from it. Shoot and after that press dash button gives different ball trajectory, shooting with L2 was somehow strongest shot but not that accurate becouse keepers catch that balls. What impress me the most is L2 and pass button! I play full manual anyway but this kind of passes give me much more freedom, I scored few goals with awesome passes in space performed by good players, Eriksen for ex. he has killer pass in the game.
Can`t say much about how tactics work becouse they need more playing to see how it plays.
Things that bother me are passes with front of the foot, this thing is in pes from ps2 days but back in time they are performed only when player is under pressure and now players pass like this regularly which isn`t realistic at all.
I am very happy with this years game, don`t want to compare the games becouse there is other thread for that but pes this year nailed many things and they are on a good track!

View attachment 19575

Stolen design lol They even left the moon in there lmao

aveng-infinwar-logo-800x417.jpg
Get this... it's a reference!
mindblown

Does anyone know how it works with installing option files in relation to using different profiles on the PS4? For example if I log into the Playstation under my own profile and install the option files then obviously the game will load up with the correct kits etc. What happens if I switch off and then later my son logs in on his profile and loads the game - will he see the updated kits too?

I would agree with this, but I think it's shooting more than superhuman goalkeepers - though it's a combination of both.

When I score, if I feel joy, it's because I've got through the grind of creating a chance versus 10 men behind the ball - not because of how great the shot is. The video I posted earlier is the first goal in, I don't know, 30 goals maybe, that I've considered worthy of recording.

In my opinion, and every PES is the same (going back to the beginning) - your shot is so clearly less about your input and your contextual interaction with the ball, and more "you're not supposed to score, so your striker hits it straight at the keeper".

Almost like Dungeons & Dragons football where you've got a beardy bloke going "mwahahaaa, you tried to score, but yet again you were thwarted!"

In one of the few matches I dominated in the ML, I had 20 shots. 7 were on target, but straight at the keeper. 13 were off-target and all hit the exact same spot, i.e. they missed by exactly the same degree. I lost 3-0 to the AI, all three goals counter-attacks, and I was ready to kill someone.

IMO, shot input is limited to three things - "straight at keeper", "six yards wide", "goal". With very, very little in-between.

This has stopped me from enjoying PES for a long time, but this year, the general gameplay and AI has been improved enough for me to enjoy it despite of this stuff.

In-fact, that's my overriding feeling - I'm enjoying this game despite of a hell of a lot of stuff. The awful presentation, cartoon player faces, "kill me now" commentary that's five years old, archaic animations that see players stop dead in the middle of runs and/or "stumble" when touched, not enough pass error (and sorry, the ball is NOT free, it 100% has to magnetise to someone after any deflection or tackle), zero shot variety and slightly superhuman keepers.

All of that stuff is utter garbage. But the good stuff... is really good.

(Of course, there will be certain people who say "solve shooting by using advanced/manual shooting". I can't get used to advanced - if I could flip the directions around I could, but otherwise, no, it's like being right-handed and forcing yourself to do something left-handed, some people can, I can't - and manual shots are all rockets IMO. So this isn't an answer for me.)

Chris, about shooting. There is a way to score more goals. You should come to the gk at an alle and just before you shoot, change that angle (opposite moe or less). I was a very good futsal player (played 55 for my country, waaaaay back) and that is how i did it irl (and i scored plenty of goals). This is on the full automatic shooting setting (the standard one).

Game is genuinely great. The only thing I would like them to drastically change is passing. They need to find a middle ground between pass assist 1 and manual. Something like pes 2011 would make this the best football game ever
I would love it if there was a PA 0.5 and they made the AI use it as well. It's getting really annoying to see the game's worst defenders hitting 100yd passes to the striker and never, ever missing him.

But with the ball always being magnetised to the nearest person, I just don't think the engine / AI can cope with a truly free ball (without resorting to PA0). It's been like this since... Forever.

Anyone have tips for Manual shooting. I took the plunge last night but struggled to work out how it works in that say I want to place the ball in the bottom right hand corner of the goal, which direction should I point the stick?

I would love it if there was a PA 0.5 and they made the AI use it as well. It's getting really annoying to see the game's worst defenders hitting 100yd passes to the striker and never, ever missing him.

But with the ball always being magnetised to the nearest person, I just don't think the engine / AI can cope with a truly free ball (without resorting to PA0). It's been like this since... Forever.

To be honest I think it is a complete design choice not because its not possible. PES 2015 and 14 had much freer passing systems on the fox engine. They clearly wanted it to become a similar system to the old pes games. But my favourite pes game ever was pes 2011 just due to the total freedom.

What are the negatives to adding the extra teams with the PES Universe option file? I usually just apply the data to the existing teams because I can keep Live Update, but just wondering if it's worth bringing in the extra stuff as well.

Up till the early hours again on the Xbox one X version,pre patch..

I just prefer the AI..Dribbling more cutting inside and known of that ping pong passing.

They definitely made passing more accurate and less prone to error post patch.

As a direct comparison pre patch I can’t string more then one or two first time passes together without a serious loss of momentum in the ball or a mishit..It’s no different for the cpu.You just have to take more touches on the ball and when it’s traveling fast it’s much harder to control and trap.

Post patch there’s more wild abandonment..I’m less worried about stray passes because it’s more predefined and my receiving player has to make less of a adjustment because the area the ball will travel into is reduced.

They just simplified everything..Sped
up player response and made passing much less free and more magnetised..

You just feel the differences between player speed/first touch and there passing ability more pre patch..The stars aren’t as overpowered and the lower league players can’t pass as accurately and have much worse touch..

For me there’s just more balance in the stats..The passing and game becomes slower because the passing and touch is poorer..It forces you to slow down...Imo the gameplay is just better for it.

It’s a bit like a slider where post patch..First touch error is reduced,passing accuracy and ball speed is increased.Turn speed is increased.

Last edited:
I only played it for two days.

I love it, i see all the problems with it and i absoltuley love it.

This gameplay is 10/10! Its not perfect but for the time of 12 September 2019 this is the promised land. This is the best game you can get.

Its a shame the servers are down, I need to share tactics ASAP, that is the main issue i have some teams are so dreadfully setup, but oh my goodness the improvements to attacking and defensive mentality is, i cant even speak man.

Another issue is there are less fouls than in the demo, the AI cheese is back as usual but like i said, its all just little issues, some annoyances, but i just have to say Konami have done a unbelievable job with the gameplay.

i don't want this changed, i don't want any major changes till 2022, lets discover what this baby can do, lets develop from this spec for the next year or so and work on the presentation aspect which is still lacking, especially the sound.

I only played it for two days.

I love it, i see all the problems with it and i absoltuley love it.

This gameplay is 10/10! Its not perfect but for the time of 12 September 2019 this is the promised land. This is the best game you can get.

Its a shame the servers are down, I need to share tactics ASAP, that is the main issue i have some teams are so dreadfully setup, but oh my goodness the improvements to attacking and defensive mentality is, i cant even speak man.

Another issue is there are less fouls than in the demo, the AI cheese is back as usual but like i said, its all just little issues, some annoyances, but i just have to say Konami have done a unbelievable job with the gameplay.

i don't want this changed, i don't want any major changes till 2022, lets discover what this baby can do, lets develop from this spec for the next year or so and work on the presentation aspect which is still lacking, especially the sound.
So you like PA1 on the full version kinda full assisted ? Isn't it more semi-assisted in the demo ?

Does anyone know how it works with installing option files in relation to using different profiles on the PS4? For example if I log into the Playstation under my own profile and install the option files then obviously the game will load up with the correct kits etc. What happens if I switch off and then later my son logs in on his profile and loads the game - will he see the updated kits too?
New profile is a new vanilla game, without the OF of your profile, but sharing the image slots for some reason.
In other words, if you use 890 image slots for example and you have 10 available, if your son fires up the game from his profile, he has a vanilla game, where the image slots are occupied by your images. He can either import 10 new images or use your images, but manually this time, which is extra painful.

So you like PA1 on the full version kinda full assisted ? Isn't it more semi-assisted in the demo ?

I'm not sure if i will make it to the PS4 version this year but i have come to the conclusion PA1 is the way to go vs the CPU and manual vs real humans.

The AI becomes a little passive when you go full manual for me. works much better vs a real human!

I me
I'm not sure if i will make it to the PS4 version this year but i have come to the conclusion PA1 is the way to go vs the CPU and manual vs real humans.

The AI becomes a little passive when you go full manual for me. works much better vs a real human!

Agree, but i mean do you noticenoti difference between PA1 i demo vs full version.. ?

Back
Top Bottom