eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I love this movie.

Don't do that. Just stick to one for a good while until you get used to it. And only then try the other version. That's the best way to tell if there are any differences.
I've gone back to the demo. I know where I stand with that, it's so bloody good. I'll come back to the full game when it's maybe had a patch or two. It's so far removed from the demo on 1.01 that I can't even fathom what they were thinking.

You lot are all mental with this patch obsessing and switching between versions.

The difference between the demo and the most recent update of the full game is absolutely negligible. It's all in your heads.

The game is very, very good, as was the demo.

You lot are all mental with this patch obsessing and switching between versions.

The difference between the demo and the most recent update of the full game is absolutely negligible. It's all in your heads.

The game is very, very good, as was the demo.
how do you feel about the passing?
many people said its different in a bad way and more on rail

I've been playing on version 1.0 since I got it and will stick to it until I get used to it, then try out the patched version.

Anyway, so I've started BAL yesterday. I just wanted to start something different, something I haven't played in years. The game started with the vertical camera which caught me by surprise, as I thought I'd already changed that to my usual custom cam. So I switch to the next one, and it's the player cam. I was surprised to see it in 3rd person! When did this change?? It was always 1st person from what I recall. I've tried them a few times but couldn't continue because of how fast the camera moves around, I could hardly see anything.

So I thought I'd give this new 3rd person cam a try. For the 1st minute I felt a bit lost because I was always used to playing PES in custom cam. Then I said to myself, "Hold on a minute, I got to play this like I'm on the pitch IRL. I can't play this like I'm playing custom cam". So I don't have the vision of someone watching a game on TV, just a player on the pitch. I went with that and it worked. Had to think differently on how to receive, be aware of my surroundings, who's behind me etc. And when scoring goals or creating an assist it feels much more immersive. I feel like I'm really part of the team :D

Playing as Dybala for Juve. Loving it currently. This gave me both a different feeling and a good vibe. Now if only that coach would stop sending me the same message every frigging game....

Would you mind letting me know what cup matches are like late on? In previous games, the losing team will go gung ho in the second half and sending a CB up top giving them no chance of winning because they concede on every counter.

It's honestly what killed BAL for me; how the hell am I expected to get back into a match when both FBs are bombing forward and one of the CBs is playing striker now?

So I started doing a fixed cursor ML instead.

I think just uninstall the current install. Switch XB to offline mode and insert the disc. Install from disc and you'll get 1.0.

Disable auto-update on your xbox so that it doesnt auto update when you go back online
If you enter the "manage game" menu, where you can uninstall the game or copy/move it, does it allow you there to uninstall a patch? Or is that just DLC/saved games that you can remove separately from the game install?

Would you mind letting me know what cup matches are like late on? In previous games, the losing team will go gung ho in the second half and sending a CB up top giving them no chance of winning because they concede on every counter.

It's honestly what killed BAL for me; how the hell am I expected to get back into a match when both FBs are bombing forward and one of the CBs is playing striker now?

So I started doing a fixed cursor ML instead.
I've only played the ICC, Super Cup and 2 league games so far. But I did see Bonucci upfront in a few attacks and thought wtf was he doing there? I tried to think of reasons why, but they weren't set pieces.

how do you feel about the passing?
many people said its different in a bad way and more on rail
As for me passing on PA1 is as free as it was in demo, the only difference I noticed is that physical battles has been dumbed down a bit, in demo it was way more unpredictable and thus more interesting.

Well I’m still playing this game and those saying there’s no fouls I’m still getting plenty, just my last game the AI fouled me 8 times in a 10min match, this game still has the usual underlying issues which has plagued pes for a long time but having a break from this game for two years cos to me 18 and 19 were the worst to play against the AI I can tolerate this game only for a year, will need to see a significant difference next year for me to buy it again, other than that still seeing AI dribbling, one thing I have done is drop the difficulty from superstar to professional, i found that in pro the AI makes a lot more mistakes and to me the game is a lot more fun on that level you see more of what the demo had on that level than playing on the harder levels, that’s just my experience, and on here there’s 100 different experiences with the game, still haven’t started a ML cos I’m waiting for these rosters to update, but so far ok despite issues

Hey guys,
Wow what a week.. PES has once again taken over my life.. my thoughts.. my focus. Both my partner and dogs have been very accepting of my condition. Anyways, Id just like to say, to me, this PES2020 isnt just the best game since which ever version you thought was the peak for the PES series (eg pes5 or we9le or pes6/we10jl) - Its the best PES to date, period. I can honestly say i have no need to ever go back and play any previous version of PES. I dont think i ever will. Enough of the giddy crap...

Now, rather than repeating a lot of whats been said by others (ill atleast try to limit it), here are some thoughts/things ive noticed that may or may not have been mentioned (on Ps4, post patch 1.02, SUPERSTAR, Full Manual Passing and Shooting, default speed, 20min Exhibition games only at this stage):

Positives:

+ Manual Shooting has improved big time, in terms of variety, definitely more stat based and error prone. Ive made way more miss hits including over the bar that were never present in 19, eg. Volleys, as seen in video below, can now often go over the bar: In Pes2019 i went back to using 'basic' shoot, as this increased variety. Now im back to Manual due to the noticable improvement in variety/errors. Also not every shot is consistenly as powerful as in previous years.. some long rangers are weak, all seems to depend on position and even the foot you use (not 100% certain of this yet).

+ :R2 finesse shot has FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY (After being broken for 3 years, since pes15) been 'UNBROKEN'. It WORKS!!! First thing i did when i got the game was go to free-training, with Barcelona, practicing full manual r2 finesse shots with messi, using L2 aiming at the same time to guide my direction. No longer do the shots go rediculously wide of the aiming arrow(target).. no longer is the curl itself limited. Now, it practially works the same as it does with basic shooting. Its the main reason im back at Manual shooting.

+ :AI variation has improved big time, and much improved over the demo. The way they build up now is amazing.. the ai will pass back if pressured CORRECTLY.. pass around the edge of the box (final third) more patiently than ever before. Often i get to the point where the AI looses patience and then hoofs the ball upfield and then lose it due to me winning the header. You can really put pressure on the AI which affects what they do. Also, not only has the AI's approach to goal improved, but the variation in actual goal scoring has increased a great deal ... AI no longer just blasts shots in the top corner when one on one. Now, finally, we have AI placing low shots in the corner... theres also an increase in long range efforts. Ive also seen some real crazy attempts at goal which i havent seen before..including long range volleys and scissor kicks. And certain players will almost always take you on and try dribbling through the final 3rd, cut in and take a shot. That means an improvement in Player ID, which includes the variation and types of skills they use to dribble past players. Im seeing them using all sorts of faints/stepovers.. not just the generic ones used in Demo.

+ :As above, AI take you on more, dribbling wise - and with more variation.

+ :AI makes more errors during game, misplaced passing (im seeing more than what i saw in demo) and shots on goal. And im finding it easier to block shots and easier to time sliding interceptions. Feels great when you pull it off.. intercepting and knocking the ball onto the path of a teammate adds so much to this game.

+ Freekicks now seem harder (maybe vs. better keepers only) and its very possible to block the AI's freekicks via the wall jump (the timing of jump seems like a very necessary skill this year). See this video as an example of a great cpu save vs me on superstar, plus a couple of blocks i did against them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbauUm38pNU
Now some negatives:

- and + : There are a lot of negative changes to stadiums/turf i considered great in pes2019 (here im talking about sunny daytime conditions). Many of the lush dark green turf have been excessively brightened.. where the turf looks like its been dried out on a hot summers day. And.. they got rid of my all time most used stadium of Pes2019 - Estadio Nacional de Chile (anyone got info on this?? is it lost for good??).
On a positive, i
ve also seen many stadiums/turf which have improved.. eg. both Scottish stadiums. Im also
loving the increased number stadiums that now have the turf mostly covered in shade. The lighting for these are great. e.g. shalke, munich allianz stadium and the first san siro. Night games look amazing this year.

- :The pace/speed of game has inscreased compared to demo. As a work around, I started playing at -1 which was definitely closer to the demo re pace of game, but it also kinda makes things feel more sluggish. So ive found a workaround/fix so to speak: Now back to Default speed, I NOW PLAY ALL GAMES WITH 'LONG GRASS' and it seems to slow things down. I think playing with Grass Length makes a better more natural impact on gameplay than changing game speed. Things definintely feel more weightly and slower with the grass being set to long - feels very similar to the weightiness of the demo.

- : Balls seem smaller in the retail version. It could just be more or my warped perception of late, but it really seems the ball has physically gotten smaller. Im talking about in gameplay..but also at kick off, that close up of the foot on the ball, it just looks too small in ratio to the player. Still looks realistic and no where near as bad/small as Fifa's Size 3 ball issue, but i swear the ball looked bigger and more realistic in the demo. Come on guys, is this just me??? It could have something to do with a change to the lighting and shading around the ball???

- : Replays still suck!!! We need to be able to play replays in our chosen gameplay view. Also, there should be a view changer button/function available during match hightlights, being able to sort through all the possible angles while highlights are shown. We need to be able to really appreciate the beauty of this game.

- : is it just me, or can you no longer crack the ball into the open goal as a celebration. I did this in the demo, but seems i cannot do it in the retail version. I may be pressing the wrong button?? Its R2 or Square right???

- : Although i wouldnt say fouls have totally gone, i did prefer the way the demo worked in regards to having to be careful of just going in and pressing x. A simple fix to this foul situation or lack of, is having a pre match setting where you have 3 refs to choose from: lenient, normal, strict. Simple as that.

Well thats all i can think of for now. Itll be really interesting to see just how affective the new PES Developers Facebook stuff will be. Its certainly a step in the right direction.

Guys. I can’t get online because of maintenance but can someone confirm that the the new stadium cam online is more zoomed in than offline ? Or are the the same ?

EEOs-YkXoAEHlmf

Great design.
Wish the menus were that creative

For the free kicks, you can select your keeper and move him around the line.

Thanks, how do I select the keeper?

Press Circle just before the kicker kicks the ball. Your wall jumps. Timed right, you stop 95% of all FKs. The CPU never plays the sneaky ground shot.

Thanks I will try that too. In the 3 games I played the CPU scored from 3 direct free kicks.

Is anyone else having issues with the CPU dribbling along the touch line and then clumsily out of play for a goal kick? It first happened when I played Barcelona and I thought wow I hadn't seen that before but then it happened quite a few times in the same match and then in my next game. This happened to the point where it was quite easy to defend because the CPU would do a step over and lose control for a goal kick even though there was plenty of room for him to manoeuvre or cross.

Wow, lads, never seen anything like this.

I'm not talking about the game, but the forum.

IT IS BACK TO PES 2019.5!!

NO REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEMO AND PATCHED RELEASE!!

THE GAME IS ABSOLUTE SHIT, CAN'T PLAY IT ANY MORE!!

I THINK THIS IS THE BEST PES EVER!!

:D

Its the same every year though, isn't it? :D

I played with Brazilian second division teams yesterday and enjoyed it. Game seems a bit less gung ho when playing with crap teams.

Press R3+L1.

To all ML guys, have you tried all settings? Do you find them realistic?
A friend from wehellas tried the budget settings and Barcelona with high setting starts with 3 Billion Euros!!! This is the financial budget of a small country!!
https://gifyu.com/image/hYuE
hYuE
How do you expect it to be realistic if you set it as large though? For a club like Barcelona, setting it on Normal would already have a high budget, so a large budget is supposed to be huge.

Went back to 1.0.

First game I had:

1.Defender deflection past his keeper and a kyle walker off the line clearance
2. Injury to Thiago
3. Multiple poor touches leading to late tackles mistakes and cool recoveries
4. Cpu dribbling
5. Less direct passing
6. Cpu shot variety including knuckle
7. Lots of niggly but fair fouls leading to some great set pieces.

Ain't never going back.

I've had all of that post patch.

Back
Top Bottom