eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

well lets be honest, its the best AI ever to be created in a sports game. Most people been having a huge blast with the unpredictability of the AI, the tactics. I really do think most of the people having issues play this game in a tunnel vision syndrome repetitively doing the same thing and getting the same results. try things, ive learn how to get foul more now my game get 4-5 fouls per game on each side regularly.

We have the best football game in about 10 years and people still complain.

I was skeptical at first, but then realise the tweaks are very very minors. Im not saying its perfect cause I believe it needs a patch and tweakin the foul system a bit but most you guys are in a tunnel vision.
This is such an arrogant post.

Full game, fully patched, best form arrows. Do you see Dybala constantly doing double touch or Ronaldo cutting in all the time on the pitch? Because i dont. Pass, pass, pass. Besides the very last bit, but i guess Konami disliked the frequent double touch the ai used or the constant cut ins by some of the com playstyles, now instead they reduced heavily everything. People will still think ball shielding and running is dribbling they assume. Well ehmm no, we played the demo.

EDIT: demo clips

Even Rakitic dribbled

In a nutshell you’ve just explained why I prefer the AI of version 1.0...

Despite what many think I believe it’s far more dynamic and believable..

You also demonstrated why I deleated the patch..That dire ping pong passing from the cpu..It makes defending impossible at times or having any kind of rhythm..You just simply can’t react..It’s worse with the best teams with the best passers.

well lets be honest, its the best AI ever to be created in a sports game. Most people been having a huge blast with the unpredictability of the AI, the tactics. I really do think most of the people having issues play this game in a tunnel vision syndrome repetitively doing the same thing and getting the same results. try things, ive learn how to get foul more now my game get 4-5 fouls per game on each side regularly.

We have the best football game in about 10 years and people still complain.

I was skeptical at first, but then realise the tweaks are very very minors. Im not saying its perfect cause I believe it needs a patch and tweakin the foul system a bit but most you guys are in a tunnel vision.

Dont get hurt just because some people think the demo is superior to v1.01. This is no argument you make here just a simple "swallow the sour pill guys". Anything better you got? Explanation? Clips?

But thats it from me, ill go play the demo on PS4.

Not to mention the randomness and freedom of the ball @Chris Davies :P hated is completely absence in v1.01
Good! :P

I've got a challenge for you... What if I record a match of me playing the same match (PA1 etc.) on the demo, then the full game, and you tell me A) which is which and B) give me some timestamps to show me what's happening differently?

(I trust your judgement more than I trust mine - if you say it's changed, I believe you, I'm just not seeing it, possibly because of the way I play.)

Good! :P

I've got a challenge for you... What if I record a match of me playing the same match (PA1 etc.) on the demo, then the full game, and you tell me A) which is which and B) give me some timestamps to show me what's happening differently?

(I trust your judgement more than I trust mine - if you say it's changed, I believe you, I'm just not seeing it, possibly because of the way I play.)

Cool! But watch out for the match length and stadium and commentary. And use the same form arrows too! So just not random, it effects heavily the players. Whenever you have time to do this, im not in the rush and i doubt the game gets fixed in any time.

EDIT: If i get the PS4 version and play it on v1.0 ...how do i get option files? Is it possible to get the latest liveupdate with it? I mean is worth it at all?

Had some unexpected free time tonight so went and got the game. Only playing friendlies for now so no idea on Master League scripting but really enjoyed what I played.

Have been playing between teams in the Belgian and Turkish leagues mainly. Really enjoyed the Istanbul Basaksehir vs Galatasary (me) match I just had. First half Istanbul were playing a pretty patient game but I was 2-0 up at half time, a header from a corner that the defender on the line should have kept out and a good passing move but some pretty poor defending. At one point I was pressing them all over the pitch, they went side to side and passing between themselves in the back 4 in about 3 different cycles, honestly I haven't seen that against AI before, felt like playing another human player. :D

They went more attacking in the second half and a quick freekick routine caught me out and Robinho controlled a long pass well to fire in. From there on they were on top, completely different to the first half. Most of my chances were now coming from set pieces and I wasn't able to press nearly as well, players were getting pretty tired and I had to go a lot more defensive in general. Istanbul missed a couple of good chances but kept plugging away and with 10 minutes to go Robinho held off my defender and eventually teed up Elia who rifled a low shot in for 2-2. Both teams could have won it with late headers but have to say I don't remember enjoying a match that much since PES 6.

In terms of AI fouls I'm averaging about 4/5 a game (although I include advantage being played in that) which is actually more than I got in the demo (typical). Some fairly clear calls not being given both ways though.

I've only played about 10 or so games and all exhibition matches like I said, but enjoyed what I have played. Also haven't played with any of the top teams or players yet. One thing for sure is that the AI is quite varied and player stats and tactics seem to matter a hell of a lot more than recent years, looking forward to being able to implement some real life tactics for these teams.

Cool! But watch out for the match length and stadium and commentary. And use the same form arrows too! So just not random, it effects heavily the players. Whenever you have time to do this, im not in the rush and i doubt the game gets fixed in any time.
What's the match length in the demo again? Five minutes?

EDIT: If i get the PS4 version and play it on v1.0 ...how do i get option files? Is it possible to get the latest liveupdate with it? I mean is worth it at all?
No option files. To get the Live Update, you'd need to connect to the server. Can't connect to the server without the current version.

I'm so sorry to say that, but this post is 100% true.

to be honest with you i dont see anything wrong in your video. the Ai play smartly and you play sorry to say but you play very badly and keep having poor decision making and your obviously playing in a robotic mecanic vibe by rushing everything your doing . the AI doesnt even have to dribble. People on this forum been questioning this game since launch but most you guys have no idea how to play properly.

And if thats how to trying to justify a point, by giving the opposition some time on the ball well your doing it wrong, thats not how you test it since your players dont leave your side half.

I told you guys multiple time, many years, that the PES producer are genius and the ai is programmed in a way nobody on this fuckin world can reproduce it. In this case Fifa - so a nobody
Please compare it with any other Game like Battlefield, Dayz Gone or all other Games. Not once of these need to implement so much decisions of how an ai had to react to the users inputs. Think 2 minutes about every situation what leap to your mind and you had to understand there are to much possible inputs to count. And consider, not only the direct opponent in front of you had to react, but also 20 more players on field need programmed - best of all they react humanlike.To sum up these words, this year is a real step up when it comes to the ai and how they play. In a long time I didn't see things like long range shots if the ai have space, or the ai use finesse dribbling combinate with tricks, the build up in such a nice way. First time these things are on top.
Don't get me wrong. There are situations the ai have so much space and you expect a shot but they pass illogital or they build up with 2 or 3 players against 8 players of mine without prospect of success. But I mean when you want a complete humanlike game and you expect that every year from people they make such great games than please get your ass on the field! Sorry, don't want to write a book, but maybe someone know what I mean. My English is not the best - a little bit of my school englisch which is 10 years ago. So please apologize.

AI Fouls have disappeared In ML after the update....I’ve been playing top player/superstar with manual passing and the AI is boring and only tries that direct pass to the striker with his back to goal, It also passes the ball at the back for too long.. Maybe adjusting their tactics would bring them back to life.

No chance we will see any injuries,penalties or AI dribbling this year unfortunately yet again. The goalies are still glued to their lines and I sense the scripting will come back as the patches fly in.

The game though is better than PES 2019, The passing is a joy to behold and the game speed is spot on offline.

I’m enjoying it so far!

I've been playing on version 1.0 since I got it and will stick to it until I get used to it, then try out the patched version.

Anyway, so I've started BAL yesterday. I just wanted to start something different, something I haven't played in years. The game started with the vertical camera which caught me by surprise, as I thought I'd already changed that to my usual custom cam. So I switch to the next one, and it's the player cam. I was surprised to see it in 3rd person! When did this change?? It was always 1st person from what I recall. I've tried them a few times but couldn't continue because of how fast the camera moves around, I could hardly see anything.

So I thought I'd give this new 3rd person cam a try. For the 1st minute I felt a bit lost because I was always used to playing PES in custom cam. Then I said to myself, "Hold on a minute, I got to play this like I'm on the pitch IRL. I can't play this like I'm playing custom cam". So I don't have the vision of someone watching a game on TV, just a player on the pitch. I went with that and it worked. Had to think differently on how to receive, be aware of my surroundings, who's behind me etc. And when scoring goals or creating an assist it feels much more immersive. I feel like I'm really part of the team :D

Playing as Dybala for Juve. Loving it currently. This gave me both a different feeling and a good vibe. Now if only that coach would stop sending me the same message every frigging game....

The AI is boring and only tries that direct pass to the striker with his back to goal, It also passes the ball at the back for too long.
This is really getting on my nerves now. Got to admit. I assumed I was seeing this because I was playing against terrible teams.

Been loving life in Ligue 2 but thought I'd start a new league in England to see if it changes, in the Premier League, with Newcastle.

Nope. Man United pass the ball around in defence while the striker finds some space, then BANG, perfect 100 yard pass.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The demo was the same, except without passing around at the back, so initially I thought the full version had worked on variety. No. They just do one extra thing before smashing it straight up-front.

Might put together a compilation of every single AI team in a league doing it, and upload it to YouTube. Surely that'd prove a point.

What's the match length in the demo again? Five minutes?
5 mins exactly, Bayern stadium and the new konami ball
No option files. To get the Live Update, you'd need to connect to the server. Can't connect to the server without the current version.
Nothing via usb or anything? The newly created files saved as the same versions as the latest exe?

I have a problem. the game is at 120fps, I can't limit it, not even activating v sync. Animation transition is horrible/stuttering. someone help me?
my specifications:
ryzen 5 1400, 8GB ram, gtx 960

help me

Finally i got time to play the full version of the game. Played the same way i did with the DEMO, online only with my friends, friendly matches, no MyClub or othe online mode.

I gotta say... i can’t believe how hard they managed to screw up the game. After so many years, the DEMO really made fall in love again with PES, had high hopes for the full game. Sadly, i have no words to express my feelings atm. I feel cheated, i feel disgusted, i feel hopeless. That dissapointed i am.

I don’t know and tbh i don’t care how offline games are(i’m happy about you guys enjoying offline mode) but... when comes to online, DEMO and full version are totally different games. Everything got lost in between, the game lost his soul and I... am speachless.

I’d like to curse them, to burn them.. but... at least i got the demo to play with.

/sadface

Went back to 1.0.

First game I had:

1.Defender deflection past his keeper and a kyle walker off the line clearance
2. Injury to Thiago
3. Multiple poor touches leading to late tackles mistakes and cool recoveries
4. Cpu dribbling
5. Less direct passing
6. Cpu shot variety including knuckle
7. Lots of niggly but fair fouls leading to some great set pieces.

Ain't never going back.

A video of this would be much appreciated and maybe help put an end to the debate!

I totally agree - but I feel like I must be missing something, because lots of people on Twitter talk about things like players not shielding with their body any more.

its an plus to me. the AI excessive body shielding and losing the ball neverthless was one of few things in the demo that irritated me.

after a few games on the other demo and time not being able to play, I’m hit by full placebo.

City v Chelsea on minus 1 speed and the game feels the same as the demo to me.

Love it.

Maybe it’s the PES UNIVERSE option file haha:TTTH:

I feel like a paranoid schizophrenic with all this switching back & forth between versions. I've deleted & re installed & option file 3 times today :BRICK:.

Think I might just sack it off completely & play the demo all year!!

5 mins exactly, Bayern stadium and the new konami ball
Uploading now. Really interesting.

One game had many fouls, the other had some AND a penalty. And yet only one of them is the demo... No tricks. :D

I have to say... Yeah. I felt more difference than I've felt before. I won't say more until you've seen the vids, because there are interesting moments in both.

Nothing via usb or anything? The newly created files saved as the same versions as the latest exe?
Can't import via USB because to do so, you have to be connected to Sony and to Konami's servers for it to verify you're signed in and 18 years old (a custom content legal requirement on Sony's behalf). Doesn't matter what version it's from - if you're trying to import to an earlier-than-current version, it won't work.

I'm curious to see what the glaring errors will be with the squad updates tomorrow. You can almost guarantee with it being Konami that somebody will be at the wrong club or some teams will be missing players from their squads. :LOL:

MeekPeacefulIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif
I love this movie.

I feel like a paranoid schizophrenic with all this switching back & forth between versions. I've deleted & re installed & option file 3 times today :BRICK:.
Don't do that. Just stick to one for a good while until you get used to it. And only then try the other version. That's the best way to tell if there are any differences.

Back
Top Bottom