eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Chris, this is my Dog & Duck Pub ML team 3rd kit, in neon anthracite yellow/green.
Looks amazing in-game, really stands out.

vXRVePfl.png

I'm into art and design, mate that is stunning! Have you sent designs to real teams? Cos you should

You can praise this mess all you want...but the cherry on top that the cpu doesnt even dribble anymore! Im playing the same game, exhibition/Barca-Juve and Dybala and Ronaldo just pass the ball as soon as they get it, it was never a case in the demo, both player were a selfish a-hole. They killed the dribbling player id too.

That's odd. Playing city, sterling and Silva never stopped running at me, doing feints, tricks.
Same with guy at PSv on left flank, I could barely contain him.
In fact plenty of teams have dribbled 30/40 yards at me, hitting byline, cutting inside, I've been taken aback by how much they've done so.
This is v1.00.

I played the demo a lot but online mainly due to the longer matches so I can’t really comment on the pre-patch game against the cpu. However I’m enjoying patch 1.01 - it feels slightly faster but I love the cpu AI, very varied and you have to really work an opening.

I played a friendly online match last night and it was awful - so fast & really ping pong in nature. Far removed from online games on the demo.

If there’s anyone who fancies some online matches please add me ‘Villan2112’ on psn. Or if there any communities I could join?

You can join proevonetwork, they are a great online community for friendlies, league etc and have manual leagues too.

I've been spending the day flipping between 1.00, 1.02 and even the demo. Guys, the only noticeable difference is the AI. The AI on the demo is actually quite bad, it is much much improved on 1.02. If the AI stayed the same as on the demo this would become a problem for a lot of people and people would complain about how easy it is or how they are too direct.

There is no difference in speed between the 3 versions, 1.02 is not more 'on rails' then the previous builds. I think because of the improved AI, they are better and keeping the ball and patiently working it around the edge of the box at times, this might make it seem more on rails because they just simply don't turn the ball over so cheaply therefore there are less errors on their part.

This is obviously just my opinion, but I truly believe if there was a way to have 3 TVs all set up with the 3 different versions most people wouldn't be able to pick out which is which.
FLAME AWAY :MAD:

Edit: Obviously fouls are different, but that goes without saying

Mate I don't see that at all. I've seen many players dribbling against me. Doing skill moves and bursting with pace past my defenders on superstar and on legend difficulty.

AI is the best it's been in a long time.
A video of this would be much appreciated and maybe help put an end to the debate!

I've been spending the day flipping between 1.00, 1.02 and even the demo. Guys, the only noticeable difference is the AI. The AI on the demo is actually quite bad, it is much much improved on 1.02. If the AI stayed the same as on the demo this would become a problem for a lot of people and people would complain about how easy it is or how they are too direct.

There is no difference in speed between the 3 versions, 1.02 is not more 'on rails' then the previous builds. I think because of the improved AI, they are better and keeping the ball and patiently working it around the edge of the box at times, this might make it seem more on rails because they just simply don't turn the ball over so cheaply therefore there are less errors on their part.

This is obviously just my opinion, but I truly believe if there was a way to have 3 TVs all set up with the 3 different versions most people wouldn't be able to pick out which is which.
FLAME AWAY :MAD:

Edit: Obviously fouls are different, but that goes without saying
I totally agree - but I feel like I must be missing something, because lots of people on Twitter talk about things like players not shielding with their body any more.

That's odd. Playing city, sterling and Silva never stopped running at me, doing feints, tricks.
Same with guy at PSv on left flank, I could barely contain him.
In fact plenty of teams have dribbled 30/40 yards at me, hitting byline, cutting inside, I've been taken aback by how much they've done so.
This is v1.00.

Upgrade it to v1.01 and see what happens :D

A video of this would be much appreciated and maybe help put an end to the debate!

I totally agree - but I feel like I must be missing something, because lots of people on Twitter talk about things like players not shielding with their body any more.

Great idea someone with a console do three vids with same teams, same match length, same form arrows, same difficulty and put a poll next to it.

I've been seeing some cracking saves by the keepers so far - that's one thing I've noticed for sure. Really enjoying it at the moment, looking forward to the transfer update tomorrow as I've only really played against the same few teams that I've manually transferred in/out players but it's been really fun. Finally scored more than two goals in a game as well - managed a 3-1 win against Crystal Palace.

Yeah probably. Unfortunately that's time I don't really have when I play I'm just playing to enjoy. But will attempt to over the weekend.

Different type of manual goal(there not all rockets)..

Superstar..pa0..Version 1.0

Flip flopping between the two versions..I just love the physicality more and the ball shielding in version 1.0..

Turn speed is slower and there’s a greater distinction between player speed..Slow players are slower and vice versa..We all know that touch is heavier in the demo and version 1.0..

Will capture some full length matches and post of version 1.0..later tonight..

Just to throw a curve ball..The Xbox one x version 1.0 is a lot slower and weightier then it is on the PS4..

Last edited:

Different type of manual goal(there not all rockets)..

Superstar..pa0..Version 1.0

Flip flopping between the two versions..I just love the physicality more and the ball shielding in version 1.0..

Turn speed is slower and there’s a greater distinction between player speed..Slow players are slower and vice versa..We all know that touch is heavier in the demo and version 1.0..

Will capture some full length matches and post of version 1.0..later tonight..

Just to throw a curve ball..The Xbox one x version 1.0 is a lot slower and weightier then it is on the PS4..

If you (or any other XB1ers) come across any way to get the digital version to revert to and lock in at 1.0 please let us know. [Asking cos I have some digital credit there]

I've actually decided against buying for the first time in years, at a stage in life where playing online isn't a priority so having champions league and uefa cup licence is a much bigger lure and get that in the ones before 2019, I'm choosing to play 18 in French leagues and loving it tbh, you guys have fun on 20 :-)

I would agree with this, but I think it's shooting more than superhuman goalkeepers - though it's a combination of both.

When I score, if I feel joy, it's because I've got through the grind of creating a chance versus 10 men behind the ball - not because of how great the shot is. The video I posted earlier is the first goal in, I don't know, 30 goals maybe, that I've considered worthy of recording.

In my opinion, and every PES is the same (going back to the beginning) - your shot is so clearly less about your input and your contextual interaction with the ball, and more "you're not supposed to score, so your striker hits it straight at the keeper".

Almost like Dungeons & Dragons football where you've got a beardy bloke going "mwahahaaa, you tried to score, but yet again you were thwarted!"

In one of the few matches I dominated in the ML, I had 20 shots. 7 were on target, but straight at the keeper. 13 were off-target and all hit the exact same spot, i.e. they missed by exactly the same degree. I lost 3-0 to the AI, all three goals counter-attacks, and I was ready to kill someone.

IMO, shot input is limited to three things - "straight at keeper", "six yards wide", "goal". With very, very little in-between.

This has stopped me from enjoying PES for a long time, but this year, the general gameplay and AI has been improved enough for me to enjoy it despite of this stuff.

In-fact, that's my overriding feeling - I'm enjoying this game despite of a hell of a lot of stuff. The awful presentation, cartoon player faces, "kill me now" commentary that's five years old, archaic animations that see players stop dead in the middle of runs and/or "stumble" when touched, not enough pass error (and sorry, the ball is NOT free, it 100% has to magnetise to someone after any deflection or tackle), zero shot variety and slightly superhuman keepers.

All of that stuff is utter garbage. But the good stuff... is really good.

(Of course, there will be certain people who say "solve shooting by using advanced/manual shooting". I can't get used to advanced - if I could flip the directions around I could, but otherwise, no, it's like being right-handed and forcing yourself to do something left-handed, some people can, I can't - and manual shots are all rockets IMO. So this isn't an answer for me.)

OMG. This is exactly what I have been thinking but was too lazy to write this down. Thank you!

Every single year I am trying to get back to PES and can ignore some obvious issues but can’t ignore the way basic shooting works.

Every single year it feels like the game was deciding on multiple shots on its direction. And this is a f*ckin madness! If you shot with a top 10 player in the game with their better foot on top-left corner and he shoots directly into the keeper then I can’t play this for months.

I love the pace, passing and the midfield play which does not exist in fifa but I can’t play a football game with a ‚broken’ BASIC shooting mechanics.

I would not mind hitting posts, goalies doing magic, close misses but for Christ sake, not deciding for me about the direction of a shot :/

Every year the same story. I take a shot, hit it in the middle of the goal, look on my controller and sees an analog stick pointed to one of the sides under a 45 or higher angle or almost upwards or downwards. Pure insanity...

Nah full game and fully patched. Played a huge variety of match ups and I've seen the ai dribbling in every single match.

Full game, fully patched, best form arrows. Do you see Dybala constantly doing double touch or Ronaldo cutting in all the time on the pitch? Because i dont. Pass, pass, pass. Besides the very last bit, but i guess Konami disliked the frequent double touch the ai used or the constant cut ins by some of the com playstyles, now instead they reduced heavily everything. People will still think ball shielding and running is dribbling they assume. Well ehmm no, we played the demo.

EDIT: demo clips

Even Rakitic dribbled

Last edited:
to be honest with you i dont see anything wrong in your video. the Ai play smartly and you play sorry to say but you play very badly and keep having poor decision making and your obviously playing in a robotic mecanic vibe by rushing everything your doing . the AI doesnt even have to dribble. People on this forum been questioning this game since launch but most you guys have no idea how to play properly.

And if thats how to trying to justify a point, by giving the opposition some time on the ball well your doing it wrong, thats not how you test it since your players dont leave your side half.

to be honest with you i dont see anything wrong in your video. the Ai play smartly and you play sorry to say but you play very badly and keep having poor decision making and your obviously playing in a robotic mecanic vibe by rushing everything your doing . the AI doesnt even have to dribble. People on this forum been questioning this game since launch but most you guys have no idea how to play properly.
And there it is. If someone has issues with the game “but you’re not playing it properly!”

For the record I’m really enjoying this game at the moment but you don’t have to be so condescending with your posts, mate.

And there it is. If someone has issues with the game “but you’re not playing it properly!”

For the record I’m really enjoying this game at the moment but you don’t have to be so condescending with your posts, mate.

well lets be honest, its the best AI ever to be created in a sports game. Most people been having a huge blast with the unpredictability of the AI, the tactics. I really do think most of the people having issues play this game in a tunnel vision syndrome repetitively doing the same thing and getting the same results. try things, ive learn how to get foul more now my game get 4-5 fouls per game on each side regularly.

We have the best football game in about 10 years and people still complain.

I was skeptical at first, but then realise the tweaks are very very minors. Im not saying its perfect cause I believe it needs a patch and tweakin the foul system a bit but most you guys are in a tunnel vision.

So after reading many thoughts about the game from those whose opinions i kinda trust, i decided to buy it. Got it today and played 3 games without any updates on PS4.

Playing in the ‘Champions League’ as Spurs on Top Player, FUMA, 15 mins. I am enjoying it so far, quite a lot of variety and a lot of fouls which is good.

I find shooting so much better than previous versions because shots can go anywhere really. An example here...

A goal from Son which is ok but then i like the wild effort by him afterwards. Best of all is the last minute equaliser by Kane.

I also enjoyed playing Barcelona, so many fouls in the game and exciting moments. I enjoyed the physical battles in the last 10mins or so...

A few things that a bugging me though,

1. How to stop CPU scoring direct free kicks?

2. It is quite easy to win the ball back even it results in a foul, 2 times out of 3.

3. Has anybody noticed this attacking move that the CPU did quite a lot in the 3 matches i played...? Is it a bug?

All in all i am enjoying it so far :)

well lets be honest, its the best AI ever to be created in a sports game. Most people been having a huge blast with the unpredictability of the AI, the tactics. I really do think most of the people having issues play this game in a tunnel vision syndrome repetitively doing the same thing and getting the same results. try things, ive learn how to get foul more now my game get 4-5 fouls per game on each side regularly.

We have the best football game in about 10 years and people still complain.

I was skeptical at first, but then realise the tweaks are very very minors. Im not saying its perfect cause I believe it needs a patch and tweakin the foul system a bit but most you guys are in a tunnel vision.
Wow. What an idiot you are.

Well for your information and I've been playi g it all night the cpu has hardly dribbled at all. There's no variation in crossing and shooting either. I'm giving it a week on 1.01

So after reading many thoughts about the game from those whose opinions i kinda trust, i decided to buy it. Got it today and played 3 games without any updates on PS4.

Playing in the ‘Champions League’ as Spurs on Top Player, FUMA, 15 mins. I am enjoying it so far, quite a lot of variety and a lot of fouls which is good.

I find shooting so much better than previous versions because shots can go anywhere really. An example here...

A goal from Son which is ok but then i like the wild effort by him afterwards. Best of all is the last minute equaliser by Kane.

I also enjoyed playing Barcelona, so many fouls in the game and exciting moments. I enjoyed the physical battles in the last 10mins or so...

A few things that a bugging me though,

1. How to stop CPU scoring direct free kicks?

2. It is quite easy to win the ball back even it results in a foul, 2 times out of 3.

3. Has anybody noticed this attacking move that the CPU did quite a lot in the 3 matches i played...? Is it a bug?

All in all i am enjoying it so far :)

For the free kicks, you can select your keeper and move him around the line.

Back
Top Bottom