eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

@klashman69 raring to start a ML after todays transfer update mate so need your enhanced team setups/tactics asap!!!!
I'm with this guy, let's go Klash. :D

That being said, don't forget, there are still fake teams in the game, not all Champions League and Europa League teams etc... I'm not MLing just yet (beyond my day one French Ligue 2 ML).

As soon as I get a transfer offer from Axlotl Red Green Blue FC, I get annoyed...

EDIT: Didn't know they'd already added the Bundesliga though!

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they can't just simplify it to 3 unmistakable tiers of passing like in FIFA.

Manual, Semi Assisted and Assisted.

There is literally no need for anything above PA1 as it's pretty much assisted as it is, I sound like an arse hole but: If you need to play this on anything above PA1 then you probably shouldn't be playing football games as you don't have the maturity to accept you can't always get what you want.

And if it's the argument of "Well what about newcomers or if your 3 year old son or you Nan wanted to play? What about accessibility? Well, I'd still imagine they're prepared to put a controller in their hands they'll probably hold their own with PA1 to be honest and you'd drop the difficulty down to amateur (If you're not willing to take it easy on them and are just gonna thrash them in a 1V1 match like it's the FA cup final then you take yourself too seriously.) and failing that? Just download PES Mobile if you want vacant, effortless passing.

It appears that the feedback for this years game is, on the whole, extremely positive, minus the usual gripes for various things still removed from previous years. I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen and played so far and can't wait to start a ML. It does occur to me however that this game may well be the last on a PS4/Xbox console of this generation. In other words, its a game that probably could/should have appeared within the first 2 years of that generation of consoles. Does this mean that developers deliberately deny us a great game until the final year? Does this mean we will have to wait another 5 years on the next generation of consoles to become enthusiasts again. Hope not!

Wow. cant even imagine how laggy and poor online was back in PES 5, 15 years ago, with those slow internet speeds.

Load "" [Enter] Play
My first online match in pes5, summer of 2006 with a greek laggy ADSL, i think was with a Brazillian player. In the first half i was the host, it had a little input lag not tragic for the era, around 100ms. In the second half were the gamecode made me client, it was unplayable. It was like watching a 4k video on YouTube. Buffering 30 seconds and playing the buffered game play as a fast forward stream for 10 seconds. The only move i did was keep pressing the :square::x::r1: for the AI defend for, without knowing if it has any real effect though. :EASY:

I've played around 30 matches now and I love the game (playing at Top Player atm), it's much better than last year's game, even though it still has some irritating faults. The major problems I think are:

1. The goalkeeper still never comes out of the goal. How hard is this really to fix, Konami? Almost every REAL football match has one moment where the goalie runs out to block a free forward.
2. Headers are weak, the AI never heads the ball and corners are worthless. I've yet to see a corner result in a header goal (which in real football happens nearly every match).
3. The referee gives very doubtful fouls to the AI every match, but never to you. Ridiculous penalties etc.
4. It would be cool to see more exceptional goals. This is a video game and the ratio of extreme goals should be higher than in real football games, but it's lower.
5. Every time the goalie (or someone else) kicks the ball high, the heading duels look the same. There's no movement, just static duels every single time. Similar to how the corners have little movement and there's no real power in the duels.

Other than those factors, I really love this game. The games are unpredictable, passing, shooting, tactics etc are great. I will ditch FIFA this year, for sure. And I've never done that before.

Folks, when it comes to multiplayer vs another human being only, how would you rate this iteration compared to any previous version?

It's not like this. Video games is broader meaning. ML it's only mode. Why i played only online? Becasue for me beat human than computer is more satisfaction.
Yes it is a mode. Every game has different modes and you pick the one that matches your taste better. If i start analysis about each mode we will go far offtopic.
It is the same readon some people like strategy while others mobas, or in the same game one likes the story mode, other the skirmish, other the deathmatch.

Basically there are millions pros and cons of each mode pvp, pve. But it is clearly offtopic.
Amd since you are playing 15years i don't understand thr purpose of your question? Did anyone forced you to play ML or accept it as a gospel?
Or you are searching a readon to like it? Cause after 15 years only by yourself you will like it. I can post you thousands of reasons and long posts but i will not convince you and you will still not like it for sure.

Had a nice, long sesh last night, Top player, manual passing, basic shooting. Post patch.
First I played some Eredivisie matches with AZ. That was when I started to really enjoy playing, but the enjoyment did start to slip away a bit after a few 0-0 games in a row, not to mention a painful 0-1 overtime loss against PSV.
Then I switched over to Konami Cup with Liverpool, threw a few random teams in there, and got going. Most games were fun but a quarter final against Bayern was an odd mix of boring old instant first time passes from them, and also brilliant flashes of individuality. Ribery absolutely left me in the dust one time with some reverse spin heel nutmeg (probably not the real name of that move), to name the thing that most impressed me. That game I also scored a brilliant long range cracker with Shaqiri, 40 yard shot off the post.
I lost the semi against Inter, but at least it was a 3-4 thriller.
Next up I will be continuing the league mode with AZ, but on Professional, see if I can get some goals in.
I have gone back and forth on the shooting in the last few games but Í think basic is quite good. Most wrong foot shots go to shit and there have been mis kicks as well.
Manual passing is more assisted than last year, crossing is especially easy, even on an angled stadium cam.
Speaking of stadium cam, I have yet to find my sweet spot for it. Still love it, a brilliant addition.

It's not like this. Video games is broader meaning. ML it's only mode. Why i played only online? Becasue for me beat human than computer is more satisfaction.
ML mimics (imitate, parodies.. whatever you prefer) a real football season. I Guess that's why a lot us like it. Because we want to play something that resembles even vaguely a real season.

That being said, don't forget, there are still loads of fake teams in the game - no Bundesliga, not all Champions League and Europa League teams etc... I'm not MLing just yet (beyond my day one French Ligue 2 ML).

As soon as I get a transfer offer from Axlotl Red Green Blue FC, I get annoyed...

Chris.... *Confused* :SHOCK::SHOCK: .... No Bundesliga?
You are using the PES Universe OF right? that has full Bundesliga in, and all other major european leagues are there.

Chris.... *Confused* :SHOCK::SHOCK: .... No Bundesliga?
You are using the PES Universe OF right? that has full Bundesliga in, and all other major european leagues are there.
I thought the initial one didn't have it - that's great! I'll update my post now.

Still some fake teams (and missing CL/EL teams) though right?

I didnt' have lags. My internet at that time was 256mb/s. Its was good enough.

You're trying to tell me that 15 years ago your internet speed was 256mb per sec?
Absolute BS, sorry dude, thats rubbish.

Half the planet doesnt even have 100mb per sec in this day and age.

This is the Avg US Internet speeds from 2007 to 2017:

RfDEMz1.png

No way on this earth was you getting 256mb p/s 15 years ago.

Editing is better this year when importing the .ted files. It quietly gets on with it without flashing pop up menus for every kit etc.

Ah the little things.

Yeah installing the OF was a breeze, whizzed through, took 10 mins, only had one error, for Leipzig in the Bundesliga, just redid that one team and it went through fine after.

That being said, don't forget, there are still fake teams in the game, not all Champions League and Europa League teams etc... I'm not MLing just yet (beyond my day one French Ligue 2 ML).

EDIT: Didn't know they'd already added the Bundesliga though!

I've spent three days correcting kits; names; emblems etc for every team in the game for that very reason. I've got the Bundesliga left to do tonight and then it's go time.

Guys- is it known when the Serie B will be updated with all the kits etc? Thought it was today

They've never officially confirmed that it's in.

Back
Top Bottom