eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Sorry Chuny, but i believe the full game is more like 2019, sadly. Just a bit more arcade, mainly due the increased passing speed.

Every pass on the demo has a bit of flair to it, some more weight. It makes the whole experience more physical. Now its zipier, the ball keeps its speed for a longer period and you can not be as accurate. Also, because the pass reaches its target earlier, you lose a bit of time to look at running players before you receive the ball. Its all very subtle and i might well be mistaken and maybe its just a matter of adjusting, i sure hope so.
Agree with passing being zippier and reaching its target sooner. In 2019 i used to loose possession frequently which aint happening in this game(feel like when i receive the ball i have a bit more time before executing my next move)

They could release 2 patches/updates in future notifying people that 1st patch will cater for offline crowd and 2nd 1 will be for the myclub crew,so whoever wants the "offline patch" downloads that and your option files and doesn't download any future updates .

I bought the option file from PES Universe and i can't download it. I see Jimmy had the same issue. Don't know what i did wrong. It seems as if i'm typing the wrong password. Anybody any idea?

They could release 2 patches/updates in future notifying people that 1st patch will cater for offline crowd and 2nd 1 will be for the myclub crew,so whoever wants the "offline patch" downloads that and your option files and doesn't download any future updates .
Ah, i forgot, we talking about konami here though.

The Konami artists are incredible, Ibrox sunny day i've not seen a football game look this good EVER! Stadium wise they seem to of put an insane amount of detail into it and have the lighting absolutely spot on and the correct shade of green for the grass. Even the shadows on the Govan and Copland stands are perfect. 10/10

No real face for Jack is a bit weird though, How can a partner club not have real faces for the main players in the team?

Yes ive noticed many stadium's turf (sunny day) have had an upgrade for positive and negative. Ibrox and the celtic stadium turf looks amazing now (as sunny parts look better, more lush, and players can now be seen in shaded area due to better lightly). Both dutch stadiums look amazing also. However, many of the stadiums that ive liked in pes2019 have had a downgrade in colour (again talking exclusively about sunny day)... damn.. always loved the Orange stadium, with its dark green turf. Ive noticed too many of the fields have very light green turf.. too bright (even with my brightness turned down). I much prefer the dark lush grass look.. atm, not entirely sure which stadium is my fav looking in the day (which i always preferred to night), but i love the shady stadiums atm.. bayern's stadium's turf looks absolutely amazing with the small bits of light passing through. On the other hand, although i think many of the sunny day turfs have kinda gone too light/bright... i do think the night games look amazing this year..definite improvement.

Oh.. biggest grip regarding stadiums/turf.. .loved that chilean stadium with blue running track.. its GONE!!!WTF!!! My most used stadium in pes2019.

Played a few matches last night, and it did feel a lot more rigid than the demo, way more like a polished Pes 19. I played one match on dynamic wide cam and I was almost bored to tears, when I switched back to stadium cam I enjoyed it much better.
An exception to this was my very first match, Liverpool vs. Arsenal, which frankly seemed quite close to the demo. All my other games were Iceland playing World Cup, they were, oddly enough, faster as well.

I bought the option file from PES Universe and i can't download it. I see Jimmy had the same issue. Don't know what i did wrong. It seems as if i'm typing the wrong password. Anybody any idea?

Tell me whats happening and i will help you out.

even in a PM if you have to.

Infact anyone with any PES Universe issues just message me and i will clarify.

Yes plays like the demo version 1.0.Im not liking patch 1.02 at all everything seems so fast and passes and the ball physics are to zippy

I second this. 1.00 is a polished demo but with more possibilities of play. A little quicker but also looser and wilder.
I think its breathtaking (overlooking some faults as the essence of the game is of pure football with all its subtlety, visceral-ness and moment to moment improvisation).

Of course I caved and bought the damn game last night...

Anyway! I know there isn't that many online- players in here so I thought I should give my two cents on that from the limited time I had with the game.

I don't care for MyClub, Online Divisions is my thing and that mode doesn't seem to have changed AT ALL.

I had around 5 matches on PA1/Basic shooting and 2 on PA0/manual shooting (I Went back and forth between those in the demo, I was pleasently surprised how much I liked PA1 then). All set to "similar settings" when searching for opponents.

I can't say PA1 is more assisted now than the demo but I had some truly awful matches where my opponent probably used PA2-3. At least that's what I'm hoping since I didn't experience that level of ping- ponging in the demo. For me though the biggest problem with PA1 isn't so much other people but the fact that it quite often just don't pass where I want. And again; more so than the demo. I can fix this with L2 but it is annoying.

My matches on PA0 was nice but it still annoys me that GOOD players can't play the most simple passes sometimes just because I didn't concentrate for a millisecond and that stats seem watered down (I'm not picking a fight! I like them both! :)).

Toghether it makes me want to book a ticket for Japan, find the devs and SCREAM in their ears; FOR THE LOVE OF MARADONA MAKE PA SOMEWHERE BETWEEN PA0 AND PA1, IT IS THE SWEETSPOT!

* Do anyone know if your rating affects your chances to play other PA1- people in Divisions? Because when set to "similar settings" on PA0 I get paired solely other PA0- guys. But on PA1 it seems I get paired with PA2-3- users as well. You start with A and can work your way up to AAA, so perhaps the triple- A gives you a greater chance of other PA1- people? Confusing and annoying.

Got my first penalty in international cup yesterday and scored, it was me shielding and the AI stand up tackle.

Fouls are there the ref is just to lenient to the AI, a lot of similar tackles i'm getting pulled up for.

Anyway thought i'd share this, its just a magic moment - not a screamer just a deflection and then a goal off the back of it.
The Thai league games play so good. PA 1 Ad Shooting and -1 speed

For those with the physical copy; can you confirm that post patch -1 is identical to vanilla? If not then i might consider getting a second hand copy somewhere.

Argh, this is all just so frustrating me even having to ask this. Konami should do a waaaay better job at teaching how the game can be played, how speed and responsiveness will come to those that learn the controls and their timing.

Everyone can understand that speed should not come cheap, even the best teams can only string fluent attacks together just a few times per match, if any. Its the struggle that makes the reward.

Ofcourse many people will come away frustrated if they never experience the depth that PES has. But people also want to learn. If the game does not challenge you to be more creative and better but is only about pressing x and square before the cpu tackless you from behind then its dead. Just show them what it can look like, what you can strive for.

Pay those who mastered the game to create tutorials and post them on your Twitter and the ingame news stream. Make a much more extensive and fun tutorial mode. Bring the community in the game with things like a spectator mode and easy ways tot share your clips and goals publicly. Whatever you do.. stick to your vision goddamnit. Rant over.

Last edited:
This is so close to the ultimate perfection. Why of why did those morons felt the need to tweak the collision/fouling system ????

Yes plays like the demo version 1.0.Im not liking patch 1.02 at all everything seems so fast and passes and the ball physics are to zippy

Sweet. Thanks. I'll be looking to get the disc then. Is there any way to stop a particular app on the ps4 from being updated other than being offline?

This is so close to the ultimate perfection. Why of why did those morons felt the need to tweak the collision/fouling system ????
Because tweaking the system was necessary. It doesn't have only to do with the amount of fouls. In the demo the play was stopped several times for just simple physical contacts. We all want more fouls in the videogame but a balance should be achieved.
Would you like to attend a Premier league clash where a ref whistles all the time? I guess not.
Don't get me wrong, we could do with a couple more fouls but foul detection system is there and it's working quite well unlike the other game in the market.

First impressions;

- Gameplay is faster.
- Shooting is quicker, but less precise.
- Passing is more on rails
- Defenders mark their strikers better and they cover their area/zone a lot better

Now, combine these changes and you will feel like you'll play a completely different version of the game, compared to the demo. In the demo you really needed to think ahead and make use of the strategy applied. Dribbling was more and better presented. For example: when you created space around the 16 meters yard, and tried to find an opening, you could subtle move and dribble inside the box with Messi, or Suarez would make a subtle walk in space so you had the chance to pass. You needed to think, applie strategy, create openings. Player individuality was more present .

Now it feels more like a simplified version. To bad, because the demo was great and had all the I'm missing right now. Playing on Xbox.

The game postpatch could look better, without bugs, with better ball awarness, with more active teamates, with better AI in attack...

But it feels boring, out of control and souless...

Enjoyed playing demo last month like I don't remember... bored after playing few matches on final game

Did I buy the wrong game ? What happened to the beautiful demo? Even the graphics don’t look as good.

Played a few matches last night, and it did feel a lot more rigid than the demo, way more like a polished Pes 19. I played one match on dynamic wide cam and I was almost bored to tears, when I switched back to stadium cam I enjoyed it much better.
An exception to this was my very first match, Liverpool vs. Arsenal, which frankly seemed quite close to the demo. All my other games were Iceland playing World Cup, they were, oddly enough, faster as well.

First impressions;

- Gameplay is faster.
- Shooting is quicker, but less precise.
- Passing is more on rails
- Defenders mark their strikers better and they cover their area/zone a lot better

Now, combine these changes and you will feel like you'll play a completely different version of the game, compared to the demo. In the demo you really needed to think ahead and make use of the strategy applied. Dribbling was more and better presented. For example: when you created space around the 16 meters yard, and tried to find an opening, you could subtle move and dribble inside the box with Messi, or Suarez would make a subtle walk in space so you had the chance to pass. You needed to think, applie strategy, create openings. Player individuality was more present .

Now it feels more like a simplified version. To bad, because the demo was great and had all the I'm missing right now. Playing on Xbox.

If you have the time, could you please test post patch on -1 gamespeed. I do believe it makes the passing and dribbling feel more like the demo, although i might be imagining things because i was pretty tired yesterday evening when i tried it.

One thing I’ll say about 2020:

It’s the closest they’ve ever got to replicating the golden age of PES games. Yes, someone might shout “PES 6 had better tactics”, and they’d be right, but as a package in its entirety PES 2020 gets a lot more right than it gets wrong than it has done for years.

So we can all agree on this right? Confirmed changes so for from the demo to the latest update:

• Less fouls called. You can tell even the crowd whistles for fouls sometimes and it's not given.
    More direct play by the CPU. The CPU avoid midfield even more.
    Easier passing.
    Everything is less random. Like less random bad touches. Less random bad tackles by CPU, etc.
Anymore other changes? I think i can get by with these changes as long as everything else is the same as demo, I will purchase it.

Less fouls definitely.
CPU is less direct I've found, but they exploit gaps and change tactics in game based on circumstance.

Passing feels the same to me, but the game is quicker so it has a knock on effect. I put the speed down 1 more than in the demo.

Randomness, hard to tell as by definition that stuff won't happen all the time. CPU tackles are too precise though, if they programmed them to miss time tackles they wouldn't have to overcompensate with the foul system like in the demo, but I'd prefer that system to how it is now.

It does feel more sleek/polished etc than the demo which in turn makes it feel like a departure from what we've been playing, but like I said, by lowering the speed by 1 more than usual the game felt more or less as it was.

Back
Top Bottom