eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Oh yeah, my gif was trying to express that I trust your judgement, so when you say it's different to the demo, then I'm in for a disappointment.
Anything that takes PES 2020 into a more similar route to PES 2019 as opposed to the Demo, will make me feel lonely, sad, desperate and depressed.

Sorry Chuny, but i believe the full game is more like 2019, sadly. Just a bit more arcade, mainly due the increased passing speed.

Every pass on the demo has a bit of flair to it, some more weight. It makes the whole experience more physical. Now its zipier, the ball keeps its speed for a longer period and you can not be as accurate. Also, because the pass reaches its target earlier, you lose a bit of time to look at running players before you receive the ball. Its all very subtle and i might well be mistaken and maybe its just a matter of adjusting, i sure hope so.

Still very early for me as I only got the game this evening but in my opinion the demo was a lot better and the full game (latest patch) feels like PES 2019.1

Played exclusively River vs Boca (me) on PA1 and basic shooting which was my go to teams and settings in the demo.

To me it feels like the full game:
- Is faster (in a bad way)
- Shots and passes have less variety and error (the first goal I conceded took me right back to PES 2015 as it was a straight arrow low shot from edge of the box into the far bottom corner)
- AI is back to playing one touch passes around and in your box in ways you can hardly defend
- Almost no AI dribbling
- AI teammates are too far from the men they should be marking
- Doesn't have that sense of freedom and anything can happen factor (hard to really describe)

Also, what is up with through balls (basic)? They where ok in the demo although a bit annoying with their forced overhit nature in certain situations even with the slightest tap (the same in 2019), but in full game they are all over the place and go far too long on many occasions.

The two full game versions aren't that different in my view, only that the AI is more aggressive and attacking minded in latest update, but the core game play feels the same to me.

Also, I tried to knock it down from Super Star to Top Player but didn't make much difference, then down to Profesional which was noticably slower but the AI then did that stupid shit where they just walk into you and loose possesion.

I'm so dissapointed with this full release, but I hardly see anyone with these same complains as me, so maybe I'm just having a bad day. Will try again tomorrow...

Peace and nice to hear that a lot of you guys seem to be enjoying it!
And sorry for the negativety, just had to get it out.

Sorry Chuny, but i believe the full game is more like 2019, sadly. Just a bit more arcade, mainly due the increased passing speed.

Every pass on the demo has a bit of flair to it, some more weight. It makes the whole experience more physical. Now its zipier, the ball keeps its speed for a longer period and you can not be as accurate. Also, because the pass reaches its target earlier, you lose a bit of time to look at running players before you receive the ball. Its all very subtle and i might well be mistaken and maybe its just a matter of adjusting, i sure hope so.

Its seems as if demo speed 0 = full version -1. That's all there was to it. My experience is equal to the demo now.

For those who use Basic shooting, what drives it under the hood? I hoped it was a mix of user input and stat based but it seems to me that it just goes wherever the AI wants it to go. Switching back to manual I think.

I'm a couple of hours away from facing the awful truth myself.
We'll see.
I hope it happens like with the Demo. I started loving it after the 5th or 6th game.

Gameplay is way too fast. Even on -1, it's much faster than in the demo. -2 and it's just sluggish and unresponsive. It's all a bit gung ho, game just feels too fast, there's no building up slowly, as the CPU will just sprint straight at you leaving acres of space you can play into.

Butchered on day 1 yet again, it seems to me. Why won't they ever learn?

Ok, so Ive never been so bleeding frustated trying to apply the PES Universe Option File. Tried three different USB sticks, followed both the online tutorials and the included txt file tutorial, but niether work ??

I get 'failed' file message. Tried FAT32 and ExFat and still no joy. It's not like I haven't been doing this for 18 years, what gives?

Anyone else having the same problem ?

Difference for me playing PA0 on professional Vs Top player is a slower game,more build up and most importantly,72% passing vs 89%
Facing the same team and same conditions

Nice thing about living in the States (West Coast) is I get the Live Update tomorrow evening. Not buying the game until tomorrow after work and should be able to start my ML.

Have any of you tried the matchday mode ? I played 2 exhibition games and went to main menu, then it popped up so I was thinking let's try it..won the game 2-0, you pick a national team cause its the UEFA euro 2020 tournament and seems that you get points etc to use in myclub depending on you result. But to me it seems they haven't really explained this mode too much, "we'll reveal more later" but If I remember right nothing was too in depth, anyway if u enter it you can read what's it about..it's time based so I guess to compete for real you have to play several games every time it's available.

Ok, so Ive never been so bleeding frustated trying to apply the PES Universe Option File. Tried three different USB sticks, followed both the online tutorials and the included txt file tutorial, but niether work ??

I get 'failed' file message. Tried FAT32 and ExFat and still no joy. It's not like I haven't been doing this for 18 years, what gives?

Anyone else having the same problem ?
Sometimes one little mistake is the issue. I haven't done this in a while, so have you checked the naming of the folder is correct, and put in the correct place? Maybe it was all CAPS 'KONAMI' or something. Something as simple as that might work.

Now I understand everything...huge disappointed with some areas of the game (steam patched version):
Dribbling, randomness, defensive assitance, pass assitance...

Those physical PES 2020 copys 'll be very expensive on the future, save it with you life...

- Shots and passes have less variety and error (the first goal I conceded took me right back to PES 2015 as it was a straight arrow low shot from edge of the box into the far bottom corner)
This makes no sense to me.
How can shots be less varied? Literally EVERY goal the AI scored in 2019 was via low cross.

Or even if you’re talking about playing online, advanced shooting is still the minority so that kind of goal wouldn’t even be possible by many of the people you’re against.

Picked up the physical version here in Colombia just in case I wanted to revert back to 1.00 based on the feedback from this thread. Installed the latest 1.02 to test that first and I gotta say...

I’m not seeing the differences that everybody here is going on about. The fouls is the only thing that is noticeably different from the demo (and I’ve still been getting a few a game).

I think the pace is good, CPU AI is much much better than 19, I still feel the heaviness and weight to players and their first touches.

@Placebo is real

Anyone know when a site like pesdb will have all the stats?

I started my own myclub but want to get some youngsters in and apart from the obvious and expensive not sure who's worth signing!

Still very early for me as I only got the game this evening but in my opinion the demo was a lot better and the full game (latest patch) feels like PES 2019.1

Played exclusively River vs Boca (me) on PA1 and basic shooting which was my go to teams and settings in the demo.

To me it feels like the full game:
- Is faster (in a bad way)
- AI is back to playing one touch passes around and in your box in ways you can hardly defend
- Almost no AI dribbling
- AI teammates are too far from the men they should be marking
- Doesn't have that sense of freedom and anything can happen factor (hard to really describe)

Also, what is up with through balls (basic)? They where ok in the demo although a bit annoying with their forced overhit nature in certain situations even with the slightest tap (the same in 2019), but in full game they are all over the place and go far too long on many occasions.

The two full game versions aren't that different in my view, only that the AI is more aggressive and attacking minded in latest update, but the core game play feels the same to me.

Also, I tried to knock it down from Super Star to Top Player but didn't make much difference, then down to Profesional which was noticably slower but the AI then did that stupid shit where they just walk into you and loose possesion.

I'm so dissapointed with this full release, but I hardly see anyone with these same complains as me, so maybe I'm just having a bad day. Will try again tomorrow...

Peace and nice to hear that a lot of you guys seem to be enjoying it!
And sorry for the negativety, just had to get it out.

Exactly THIS!

Frustrating as fuck patched. Just had a session thats just left me pissed off and angry.

Played Watford three times and drew one 0-0 and lost two with Liverpool. All they did all game is barge my players off the ball in an aggressive manner and i got no free kicks. Then to make it worse they always had men back and always had men in attack when needed. Not to mention laser guided passing.

Im sorry but this game patched is bullshit and back to Res 2019 levels.

Its rigid
Its overly aggressive
it lacks flair
it lacks fouls
it lacks dribbling

Its fucking horrible. Looks like ill have to revert back to vanilla. Thanks Konami for fuck all.

Picked up the physical version here in Colombia just in case I wanted to revert back to 1.00 based on the feedback from this thread. Installed the latest 1.02 to test that first and I gotta say...

I’m not seeing the differences that everybody here is going on about. The fouls is the only thing that is noticeably different from the demo (and I’ve still been getting a few a game).

I think the pace is good, CPU AI is much much better than 19, I still feel the heaviness and weight to players and their first touches.

@Placebo is real

Fucking bullshit! Nothing wrong with my eyes.

If you've got Sadio Mane one of the most skilful and deadly players in the Premiership, he shouldn't be getting constantly barged off the ball by players like Will Hughes, or being outmuscled whilst running with the ball by Janmatt.

The other problems with the patch...

- player switching is slow, the amount of times my man runs past a moving ball before switching control is infuriating
- player switching again! I'm in a 50/50 tussle and I lose the ball near my man I'm controlling and the CPU takes away control of him for a man further away giving the A.I the ball back!!!!!

Had the game since Saturday, was disappointed that the patch seemed to ruin the game in comparison with the demo. I found it really frustrating on ML with all the teams sitting deep and I could hardly create a chance.

Then I don't know what happened, maybe it was the team spirit or my tactics but suddenly I feel like I'm playing a different game. I'm creating chances and scoring and absolutely loving the gameplay. I'm loving master league now, I'm getting fouls, injuries, unhappy players refusing new contracts. The only thing that's annoying me is the fouls aren't consistent, and I've never had or given away a penalty

Exactly THIS!

Frustrating as fuck patched. Just had a session thats just left me pissed off and angry.

Played Watford three times and drew one 0-0 and lost two with Liverpool. All they did all game is barge my players off the ball in an aggressive manner and i got no free kicks. Then to make it worse they always had men back and always had men in attack when needed. Not to mention laser guided passing.

Im sorry but this game patched is bullshit and back to Res 2019 levels.

Its rigid
Its overly aggressive
it lacks flair
it lacks fouls
it lacks dribbling

Its fucking horrible. Looks like ill have to revert back to vanilla. Thanks Konami for fuck all.

AI has a huge improvement...
However what Konami has done with the lovely randomness and freedom from Demo it's just CRIMINAL.
It's difficult to believe in the game after seeing what could have been.

Back
Top Bottom